What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,095
    ^ ^^ Hey, I'm all sunshine and light, I am... :-)
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,913
    When you're not crushing hapless Lego fencing...
    SumoLego said:
    When you're not crushing hapless Lego fencing...
    Err, I think you've got me confused with someone else @SumoLego !

I don't remember being particularly cruel to any LEGO fencing... Unless I am forgetting something...
    ^ Sorry, I'm being very slow today... Fencing / gate... Yes, I am the bane of LEGO land containment structures...

;-)
    SumoLego
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 309
    SumoLego said:
    That works best for pillows.

(Kidding.  I have a bag with micro-holes when I have to clean or disenfect Lego.  I tend to only do rise cycles and avoid tumbling or spinning the pieces if possible.)  
    That's what I have. Works far better than the dishwasher
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    ^ Sorry, I'm being very slow today... Fencing / gate... Yes, I am the bane of LEGO land containment structures...

;-)
    Perhaps...Judge Death will return and you can pick on something that hits back.  :P

I love the Eagle comics with Dredd. The 80s ones ...
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994

pirate fotoshooting

pics soon
    catwranglerSumoLegosnowhitie
    Nice!  And it definitely looks like the lighting in or other photos gave the appearance of weird sun discoloration.

That's a great find!  

(I want to find me an already-opened Aluminium Falcon...)

And you've got another table in the background to serve food.  Display that MF proudly!
    Pitfall69vadangsnowhitie
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    That honesty makes for some good karma! Bravo!

My status: half of my Star Wars Day order arrived last night in a big padded envelope. Forgetting there was a poster, I tore the top of the envelope, and tore the poster. I manage to ruin them every single time, but c'est la vie.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    edited May 2016
    The summer Star Wars sets have reportedly been put on sale at LEGOLAND Germany and now they are calling to me :o)
    chrisalddin
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    ^^I don't believe in karma; I'm not Hindu or Buddhist.
    SumoLego
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    Pitfall69 said:
    ^^I don't believe in karma; I'm not Hindu or Buddhist.
    for your lack in believing in karma, you lose 1000 karma points.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,291
    karma means action, so I guess there is no believing, it is just fact.
    mr.piggles
    edited May 2016
    ^I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Or... 'Karma' is a word.  I spent months repeating that line with various words.  Drove my Wife nuts.

snowhitie
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 673
    Speaking of discoloration, has anyone used peroxide and sunlight to restore the colour to old Lego? Does it work well, and does it work on all colours? I have some old faded white bricks that I've been meaning to try it on.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,826
    flord said:
    Speaking of discoloration, has anyone used peroxide and sunlight to restore the colour to old Lego? Does it work well, and does it work on all colours? I have some old faded white bricks that I've been meaning to try it on.
    I have had success with old white bricks. Here is an old thread about it: http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/497/brick-discoloration-due-to-sunlight-smoking-and-methods-to-restore/p1
    edited May 2016
    I have had some great success with white and old blue bricks, but you do need to be careful. I would recommend using a weak-ish solution of Peroxide with a tiny amount of oxy added and monitor your LEGO closely, as I have had a few issues with blue plates, which developed a white patina on them, if left too long.

It is worth doing, but do be prepared for some failures, especially with coloured bricks. Practise on bricks that you'll not be too upset, if things don't go entirely to plan.

Some other links:
    http://brickjungle.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/lego-whitening-guide_21.html?m=1

http://thebrickblogger.com/2012/04/make-your-clear-lego-shine/

The second link is useful for your old trans bricks and uses a completely different process. I have had a little success with this, but not completely validated personally, as I've only tried a very few bricks.
    Fauch said:
    karma means action, so I guess there is no believing, it is just fact.
    No, it is what people in those particular religions believe in. I do not believe I will come back as a dung beetle if I was a horrible person in this life. I do not believe that good deeds elicit positive responses. I have done nothing but good things for people all my life and for every 100 good things I do, I may have an occasional positive thing happen. 

I have had some great success with white and old blue bricks, but you do need to be careful. I would recommend using a weak-ish solution of Peroxide with a tiny amount of oxy added and monitor your LEGO closely, as I have had a few issues with blue plates, which developed a white patina on them, if left too long.

It is worth doing, but do be prepared for some failures, especially with coloured bricks. Practise on bricks that you'll not be too upset, if things don't go entirely to plan.

Some other links:
    http://brickjungle.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/lego-whitening-guide_21.html?m=1

http://thebrickblogger.com/2012/04/make-your-clear-lego-shine/

The second link is useful for your old trans bricks and uses a completely different process. I have had a little success with this, but not completely validated personally, as I've only tried a very few bricks.
    You have to be very careful with blue plates. I ruined a bunch of 1x8 tiles and plates by leaving them in the solution too long. Depending on the severity of the sun damage, I have the most success with white. Grey is tricky as well. 
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,291
    maybe you didn't do so good in a previous life lol. yeah, good things seems to happen more when you don't expect anything than when you try your best, so I guess it's better to take it easy. (and I think it's also oriental philosophy lol)
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    Let me amend my last post since the mention of karma is apparently a sticking point. I'll change it to "Good on you for being an ethical-yet-non-denominational human being, your honesty certainly paid off! Bravo!"
    BumblepantscatwranglersnowhitieSirKevbags
    you gotta visualise your aims! think positive bout others and they will feel it when talking to you! the right path will find you automatically.
    tooth and lots of booger in my mixed lot!
  • GuroooGurooo Member Posts: 268
    Back here for the first time in ages, about a year I think.
    Am I on my way out in the light again..? :D

BumblepantsLostInTranslationsnowhitie
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,826
    ^That depends, have you bought all the things yet?
    Gurooo
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,788
    Obsessing unhealthily over the Fortrex. What does it mean when Tesco put the price back up... by a single penny? Are they toying with me? Does it presage a future leap back up to £79.99? And will they ever convert my points into vouchers? We just don't know. 

Back to reassembling my Simpsons minifigs to make an audience for the Palace Cinema, I think. (So far, the movie star has got drunk, ram-raided a bank in the limo and gone on a bit of a spree, because in our house we are incapable of just leaving a built set alone sensibly.)
    tallblocktoo
    I'm waiting eagerly for my #42039 24 Hours Race Car to arrive later today! It's coming from Amazon and the expected delivery date was set for Monday, so getting a notification that I'll have it in time for the weekend was most welcome!

Other than that, I have been playing around with some Minecraft MOCs, mainly creating landscapes, hills, caves etc. Titan Pictures posted a nice build for a cave system on YouTube a while ago, which I have been using as a basis for some ideas:

This is all in preparation for my planned large Minecraft build, which I'm going to do later this year. :-)
    tallblocktoo
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    my #75904 that i ordered on Monday night. turned up today.
    i have no idea ware it was shipped from but it would not surprise me to find out that it had been shipped from Italy, 4 days to get to me is a long time.
    it is also quite heavy. more then i was thinking it would be.
    anyhow that set is now in my backlog of set's to build.
    along with 16 or so dimensions fun packs, some nexo knights set's, two star wars set's (#75102 and #75140) and one #10243. (there is more but that's what i can recall of the top of my head.)

i also need to stop procrastinating over putting all the stuff back i had to move to get to the water heater when the system died 2 months ago. 

part from all that i don't have a lot to do right now with lego.
    well other then look at all the nice looking built set's i have on display.
  • eanaireanair IrelandMember Posts: 145
    Loling at this ad on donedeal (Irish selling site)
    Antique lego - offers over €100 
    https://www.donedeal.ie/toys-for-sale/lego/12309368
    if that lot is worth over €100 I really won't need a pension and can live off my collection!
    chrisalddincatwranglerBumblepants
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 882
    Popped into the Glasgow store with the wife to get some minifigs and keyrings for jewellery. Both of us had a good chat to the staff, think the wife had a better time than me!
    Jenni
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,788
    That awkward moment when you sit down next to your stack of Lego boxes to sort through and realise you may have bitten off more than you can chew: 

chrisalddinbandit778mr.pigglessnowhitie
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    I was still in my dark ages on May the 4th 2013, so I was very happy to see the postman this morning and add this to my collection today :)

GothamConstructionCocatwranglersnowhitie
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,835
    Wondering whether to buy another Wayne manor section of the UCS 1960s Batman Batcave to add to my planned monster Wayne Manor with Batcave beneath (this would be the second such "loose Wayne Manor section to tag on to a complete set). The planned finished build is looking like a £450/6000 piece proposition with a footprint of 64 studs wide by 32 studs deep.
    GothamConstructionCo
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,306
    Found Minnie Mouse so completed my Disney CMF series.  Not bad in 2 weeks, considering I was definitely not going to but these at all, no way, not going down that hole.  Oh...
    Going to a to the MotorCity ComicCon today. Hopefully, I won't see any Lego knock-offs. There's no way this can be better than PitfallCon; can it? 
    Lego_StarYodaliciousLegoboysnowhitie
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,942
    I hit a world record for my displayed Lego sets today.... Wife asked me how long the Death Star was going to be displayed for... and I haven't even finished it yet. 
    More depressingly, this brought on a ' how long is that one going to stay in the bedroom for as it's been there for over a month' (I thought I had got away with the  Sandcrawler just sitting there).
    Have managed to negotiate 3 weeks for the DS, but the Sandcrawler has got to come down once I have finished building.   :(
    Bumblepantssamiam391SamJ
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,214
    Sorting sorting sorting. Fortunately i actually quite enjoy sorting, it's kind of therapeutic. Was a little strange when i realised I'd been at it several hours and the afternoon had completely disappeared...
    bendybadgercatwranglerTufted_duck
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Just finished getting all Disney CMFs, 3 trips in the past 4 days.  Alice was my last one I needed today.  Of course I had to pick up another Minnie, Ursula, and an extra Alice just in case.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,531
    Feeling sorry for @bandit778 - I've had my smallish imperial star destroyer #6211 on top of the bookshelf for a few weeks, and my wife said to me "You can't see it very well, can we display it a bit better?"

My wife is fab.
    SprinkleOtterRainstorm26snowhitielegonut80bendybadgerSamJBuriedinBricks
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 312
    I just picked up lloyd, slimer, and jay funpacks today to complete my dimensions collection.  I told my wife that I won't collect every single pack in the series 2 waves, but she does not believe me.

• KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,875
    edited May 2016
    Crazy amount of BrickLink work the past few days.
    I recently parted out a bunch of sets, a lot of looking up prices and sorting pieces.
    Some orders to ship and older ones to leave feedback on.
    NPB'ed a few tiny orders with no contact. I often get legit small orders, and sometimes the buyer at least lets me know they changed their mind.
    Still have a job lot to finish sorting.

Also, Mom wanted me to vacuum the upstairs this weekend. Good chance to dust off and rearrange my floor display. Got me to hurry up on part sorting.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,942
    @MaffyD
    Don't feel sorry for me, my wife is the best and already has to put up with my other hobbies and interests that take up space.
    We just happen to live in a small place where display space is at a premium.
    I have always had to work on the basis of building one, take one down on normal, average sized sets so that we are not tripping over models, and although it has been a fun project to source and build, having what is essentially a huge gray ball in the middle of the sitting room in normal living conditions isn't an ideal situation. 
    When the DS is finished, the SC will be taken apart and stored and another set will come out to be built, rinse and repeat until I run out of sets/mocs to build.
    The added bonus to this is that cleaning built sets that are on display is kept to a minimum which by the look of the DS will be a good thing.
    Back on topic, pleased that the DS should be finished today.
    catwranglerMaffyD
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    Decided to do some online consolidation: Deleted my about.me page and made http://xwingpilot.uk forward straight through to my Flickr photostream.
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    Someone please shake me out of the thought I had today please.
     I've been looking at 9 seater cars so that we can all go out as a family again. As you might know we had twins a month ago and with the 4 others and a teenage step daughter the 7 seater we have isn't enough. So here it is I actually thought for a few seconds how much is my Lego collection worth?! To help us get a 9 seater car :( I know It wouldn't be enough and I don't think I could part with it, but I actually thought about it. 
    So please shake me.
    catwrangler
    Just put a Thule on top of your car and throw them in there; that's what I do ;)
    The MotorCity ComicCon was ok. I didn't see any "knock-off" Lego minifigures, but I did see a ton of customs. Most of the Lego I that was there were minifigures and new sets in beat up boxes. For instance; a vendor was selling a UCS Slave I for $180 USD, but the box was pretty beat up. 

I really enjoyed the people watching, although I don't think I have ever seen so many dudes dressed up as women all at one place ;) I did manage to get an autograph from Lea Thompson for a buddy of mine in the UK. I had to do some creative financing to come up with the money for it. Thank God for PayPal and smart phones :)
    Lego_StarLegoboy
    Of course, I had to make a meme ;)
    SumoLego
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    edited May 2016
    My wife and I have been buying up Sterlite containers the past couple of weeks. We have started sorting by color for now as our collection of blocks isn't huge although grey, bley and black needing extra drawers. I was told to not buy any more sets until the other stuff was sorted first(except Dimensions) I have filled up one of those Lego 10696 yellow brick containers with assortment Minifigures and minifigure body parts. It's like a horrible mass grave and there's a drawer of just eyeball tiles :P

catwranglerKingAlanIlegonut80tallblocktoo