Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

what the heck is this piece?!?!

dragologerdragologer U.S.AMember Posts: 133
so...in set 7775 aqua base invasion there is a part in the set inventory....its part 622126. it looks like a little black cork. I've never seen it until i bought this set. where do you put it!!!!!??? i cant find anywhere in the instructions where to place it on the model.is anyone else confused? does anyone know where to put it? anyone else have this set? help!

Comments

• davee123davee123 USAMember Posts: 813
    The inventories on both BrickLink and BrickSet seem to agree that the element in question does NOT appear in the set.  Where are you seeing it listed?  Are you putting together a copy that you bought?  Might it have slipped in unnoticed?

DaveE
    madforLEGO
  • dragologerdragologer U.S.AMember Posts: 133
    i have been collecting parts based on the parts inventory in the hard copy of the instructions i have in order to complete it.its appears in the instructions on lego.com too.i think its a misprint.also nowhere in the instructions does it say to place stickers on the small submarine.but there are stickers on it in on the box. do i put them on or not and which ones do i use? its different every advertisement i see.
    i bought this strange part all because it was in the set inventory.
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 532
    Link to it on bricklink?
    madforLEGO
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    also

the military helmet in  #2259 ^^
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,988
    He is right, it is in the printed inventory ...

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,507
    Bricklink also indicates this part discontinued in '06 and this is an '07 set. Weird.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,133
    edited May 2016
    There was the same issue with the downloadable version of the instructions for #10179

Part isn't in the build or in the Bricklink inventory for the set (although I do have 5 of them (in black) because I ordered all my parts from the instructions parts list). :(
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    so...in set 7775 aqua base invasion there is a part in the set inventory....its part 622126. it looks like a little black cork. I've never seen it until i bought this set. where do you put it!!!!!??? i cant find anywhere in the instructions where to place it on the model.is anyone else confused? does anyone know where to put it? anyone else have this set? help!
    Many of the older inventories on BrickLink seem to have been threaded together from the instructions - and I mean the instructions, not the inventories at the back of them. To that end, if it IS in the instructions, but in a way that it is easily overlooked, then it may not make it as far as the BrickLink inventory.

In other words, a magnifying glass might help because it might be there somewhere.

Brickset's inventories come from the official list of parts that are still available - it's not available, so it's not surprising it isn't shown.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    It's a Technic bushing which I've only ever seen in yellow. I'm pretty sure it's like a predecessor to this piece:
    http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=18654&idColor=85#T=C&C=85

I also can't find it anywhere in the instructions. Has anybody opened this set sealed and seen if it's in the set?
    well i thank ALL of you. you have helped a lot.i think the answer to the question is....someone at lego ACTUALLY goofed up.the part is not in the actual model.i think its very rare for lego to make a mistake like that but its there...but does anyone know anything about my question about the stickers?
    actually never mind i answered the question myself.