Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,526
    ^That is what all your Brick Separators are for. :)
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,769
    I am very much relieved for you.
    Pitfall69vadang
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,053
    Should've hired Edward Brickseparators Hands.  Would have had that done in seconds.
    Pitfall69catwrangler
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,409
    vadang said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    ^Holy sun damage!!! I hope you got a tremendous deal :)
    There is actually no sun damage, the lighting in my house is just pretty yellow.  Wife and I prefer a "warm" feeling in the house.   I just disassembled and sorted everything and besides the beat up box and manual and some dust, the pieces are great condition.  Oh and my fingers are killing me from all the dis-assembly! 
    Oh good because my wife, who is a photographer, said that if it was the lighting, why is the discoloration sporatic? 

I am glad your pieces are ok, that would have sucked.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    private sausage-copters.
    MOCs or it didn't happen. ;-)
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    private sausage-copters.
    MOCs or it didn't happen. ;-)
    @Bumblepants made one:
    https://ideas.lego.com/projects/120620

JenniVorpalRyuBumblepantscatwrangler
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,459
    ^I put tons of thought and effort into it too. Not sure why Lego hasn't called to offer me a job yet.
    plasmodiumVorpalRyubandit778Tufted_duckricecakecatwranglerSumoLegobrumeysnowhitie
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,854
    Finally saw The Lego Movie today! 

And on Wednesday we finally built the Palace Cinema! :D :D :D
    tallblocktoochrisalddinsnowhitielegonut80
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    Finally saw The Lego Movie today!
    Awesome! ;)
    catwranglerchrisalddinKingAlanI
    Just out of curiosity... how long does it take to get the song out of your head? 
    chrisalddinLego_StarPitfall69KingAlanIsnowhitie
  • SamJSamJ West Yorkshire, UK Member Posts: 118
    edited May 2016
    Just out of curiosity... how long does it take to get the song out of your head? 
    I don't think it ever actually leaves.. Does it? 

Work asked me today if I'd travel to Belgium on Monday, now I just need a good excuse to stop off at Legoland while I'm there! 
    chrisalddincatwrangler
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    it will never leave you.
    for the rest of your life at random times it will just pop in to your day to day thinking.
    just like that out of the blue.
    you will never be free.

Everything is Awesome!
    Everything is cool when your part of a teem.
    Everything is Awesome!
    when you living out a dream.
    catwrangler
  • shotgunchipmunkshotgunchipmunk USMember Posts: 74
    Build Commander Cody and Poe Dameron last night.  Those constraction figures make for great study breaks.
    Also, Poe says "Safety first when riding!"

Legoboybandit778Pitfall69BumblepantssnowhitievadangLegoAerologist
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,129
    Has anybody tried that with the bat pod?
    LegoboyPitfall69
    ^ Hmmmmm?  :)
    Pitfall69
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,360
    Am I the only one who, upon seeing a Technic set, asks themselves first and foremost even before I ask myself if I can afford it: "Can I fit a Constraction figure in the seat(s)?". If I answer "yes", then I pretty much have to get it to see if I can. With that logic, this now means I need that £250 Technic Porsche 911...
    bandit778 said:
    More specifically, has anybody tried putting the Batman constraction figure on the Bat-Pod? ;o)
    bandit778shotgunchipmunkLego_Star
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    More specifically, has anybody tried putting the Batman constraction figure on the Bat-Pod? ;o)
    Send me a Bat-Pod, and I'll do it...
    bandit778BuriedinBricks
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,129
    ^ha!
    I don't think his legs would go over the box properly.   ;)
    SprinkleOttershotgunchipmunk
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,777
    You've just put in back into mine! Gah! It IS awesome though...
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,655
    Legoboy said:
    I am willing to bet you a bacon sandwich that you end up spending at least double if not triple the rrp of your list above by the end of the year.  ;)
    @Legoboy wins! I can confirm that I have spent twice the RRP of the products combined besides the Ghostbusters HQ from my initial purchase guide and plan posted early 2016.

This week I was seriously considering selling majority of my LEGO collection, I feel it's the lack of space that's frustrating me. I wake up everyday with LEGO all over the floor! Most of my sets I've purchased for the licence or Minifigures. I tried cutting it down this year but that clearly hasn't worked, we are not even at the half way point yet! I got to stick to models, got to stick with models, got to stick with models!

http://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-Adzbadboy

No ketchup on mine.
    Faintly twitchy, wondering if Tesco's pricing on the Fortrex (£59.99) will hold until the (final, sob) double points offer kicks in on the 16th... I'm still waiting to find out how many points I've actually earned this quarter but I'm hoping that with the double points I can get £20 - 30 off it...
    chrisalddin
    Am I the only one who, upon seeing a Technic set, asks themselves first and foremost even before I ask myself if I can afford it: "Can I fit a Constraction figure in the seat(s)?". If I answer "yes", then I pretty much have to get it to see if I can. With that logic, this now means I need that £250 Technic Porsche 911...
    bandit778 said:
    That is what will likely be the deciding factor on whether or not I pick up the Porsche.
  • eanaireanair IrelandMember Posts: 150
    Got the Friends magazine today because of the cute little ice cream cart which comes with it. 
    In other news I have also given up hope of ever finding the farmer CMF so I'm not even trying to feel anymore. Today's random CMF picks turned out to be the jewel thief & the ballerina...but I really the pig :-(
    eanair said:
    Got the Friends magazine today because of the cute little ice cream cart which comes with it. 
    In other news I have also given up hope of ever finding the farmer CMF so I'm not even trying to feel anymore. Today's random CMF picks turned out to be the jewel thief & the ballerina...but I really the pig :-(
    I know the feeling; I haven't had the chance to get anywhere that sells that series for a while and I keep thinking all the farmers will be gone. I want the pig and the pitchfork! :(
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 330
    Lego outside on the patio in the SUN (ok with small child but those of us in the UK will appreciate the rarity of a Sunday afternoon indulged in this fashion
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    ^ Argh, think of the sun damage! ;-)
    JudgeChuckchrisalddin
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    Wondering if anybody has seen this torso (below) with red jacket and red tie and if so, where, which set?

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,330
    edited May 2016
    Looks like a recolour of the JJJ one from the Daily Bugle Showdown set to me
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    ^^ Google Image search turned up nothing...
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,048
    I was wondering as well. Looks good in red. Same print as the news guy at the desk.

Last night I built 76050 Crossbones Hazard Heist.  Today I'm building 41176 The Secret Market Place.

The Superhero design teams could really learn a lot from the Elves design team.
    catwranglerCapnRex101
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    Went and saw my mom today and brought home my daughter's Lego. The glitter ice blocks are so frikkin' awesome from Elsa's Sparkling Champagne Palace! 
    catwrangler
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 330
    Whoops  just bought another lego train for the eldest lads birthday next month.

Need to start thinking about lego for the youngest who will be 2 in September.  Time to start her off collecting I think
    catwranglerSumoLegosnowhitielegonut80
  • vadangvadang Member Posts: 47
    Pitfall69 said:
    Oh good because my wife, who is a photographer, said that if it was the lighting, why is the discoloration sporatic? 

I am glad your pieces are ok, that would have sucked.
    All day Friday at work, I started to second guess my initial inspection.  I really started to get worried.  Got home that evening, grabbed what I had built so far and went out under my shop lights...looked fine.  Built a little more that night.  Throughout the night, I would think the assembly got yellower and yellower.  First thing in the morning brought it out onto the porch with the sun.  Again, looked fine.  Looked at our dining room (where I am building) and told my wife I hate that room.  The lighting is really dim/warm, around 2500K, the walls are a light tan, with the curtains being a light tan and green.  I think all those things contributed to the weird lighting in that room.  I even rummaged through some old pieces I have and found a light gray and light bluish gray that had been faded and yellowed and compared.  I also compared to them to brand new pieces.  In the end I am good, until my mind convinces me I am not again. haha

I am 3/4 way finished and only found a few small missing parts that were easily filled by what I had lying around.  

I do appreciate everyone's concern :)
    Pitfall69SumoLego
    There you are!  Thank God you're back.  Lost contact with you for several minutes just now.  "Something went wrong."
    I'd gladly deal with some cat dust rather than discoloration.

Or a set coming from a smoker's home.  That's the complete pits.  When the bricks stick to your hands... ugh...
    BumblepantsVorpalRyu
    SumoLego said:

Or a set coming from a smoker's home.  That's the complete pits.  When the bricks stick to your hands... ugh...
    and now i feel sick. that's a image, i did not need.
    Washing machines work wonders.  It's really difficult to un-do discoloration.
    SumoLego said:
    Washing machines work wonders.
    inside a pillow case right?
    edited May 2016
    That works best for pillows.

(Kidding.  I have a bag with micro-holes when I have to clean or disenfect Lego.  I tend to only do rise cycles and avoid tumbling or spinning the pieces if possible.)  
    SumoLego said:

and now i feel sick. that's a image, i did not need.
    Sticky LEGO? Some people just love their LEGO more than others ;)
    KingAlanISumoLegoVorpalRyusnowhitieYodaliciousmldj77
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,034
    Letter openers (if designed to be dull) are good for getting pieces apart when a brick separator doesn't work.

WalMart has more clearance LEGO than I can afford, a good problem to have, better than not finding anything. Got some today and will go back ASAP.

Sorting through a job lot as well as parting out clearance sets.
    Pitfall69 said:
    Sticky LEGO? Some people just love their LEGO more than others ;)
    I see what you did there. Putting the A in AFOL? ;)
    But seriously, I always try to handle collectibles with clean dry hands, though gloves seem like overkill.
    SumoLego said:
    I have a bag with micro-holes when I have to clean or disenfect Lego.  I tend to only do rise cycles and avoid tumbling or spinning the pieces if possible.
    Is it intended for delicates?

• JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,224
    I broke a piece of LEGO for the first time last night... Well, since being a child, anyway.

I was building #79003 An Unexpected Gathering and was clipping 4544525: Plate 2X3 W. Holder to 4225823: Brick 1X1 W. Handle to make the gate and one of the clips just snapped. :-(

I'm sure that I wasn't putting undue force on the clip, so I was quite surprised...
    SumoLego
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    ^ If that bothers you, I advise staying away from old Bionicle and technic...
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,224
    edited May 2016
    ^ If that bothers you, I advise staying away from old Bionicle and technic...
    Hehe, no worries there... Bionicle doesn't interest me at all and I'm just starting to dip my toes into new Technic...

It just annoyed me, as the set is now incomplete, until I source a replacement... ;-)

I'm actually surprised that I haven't broken the odd piece before, as some parts with clips like this are likely to be more fragile than most other parts.
    ^ Don't make @JudgeChuck mad...
    VorpalRyu
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,777
    edited May 2016
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Don't make @JudgeChuck mad...

You wouldn't like him when he's mad...

Oh, hang on - wrong comic.

SumoLegoVorpalRyu