Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Target and Minifigures

brick47brick47 CaliforniaMember Posts: 6
Lego has released their next set of minifigures. I could battle the traffic to visit the local Lego store to pick up a bag or two. I am not sure if this happens to everyone, but the local Target stores have not put them out yet. Now, I do not hang out at Target everyday, but it can takes them over three months until they show up on the shelves. I am not sure if it is plan or not, but it seems they do not receive their mini figures until they are out of the Lego stores. It can be hard to complete a set when they are not even out. I will not visit the local Toys R Us because they charge way too much for Lego's. Has anyone else experience this at your local Target stores?

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,324
    Are you on about Disney? This series seems to be in high demand, as most series are at the initial release. If you don't check every day, then chances are you won't see them for a few months.

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,189
    Series 15 just arrived to Targets near me. So my guess is, for whatever reason, Targets in certain areas are not getting stocks of CMF immediately. Though not sure if this will be the same at all stores.

I will say this though, usually the Targets around me are bought out almost immediately so I would say if you do not want to drive to the stores to call them and find out if they have them in stock.
    Another place to check (if they are in your area) are Five Below stores, as they have gotten CMFs in stock in the past.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,434
    Disney CMFs sold out same day.

Conversely, I saw a cardboard end cap display case full of the Halloween themed CMF series in February at a Target. It was weird.
  • nolatronnolatron Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2016
    I stopped by a nearby Target yesterday and they had 18 packs of the Disney CMF's on the shelf so I grabbed them all up for me and the kids.  That was the first I've ever seen CMF's at that Target.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,505
    I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that because they have the same SKU number, that Target has no incentive to move an older CMF Series when a new one is released.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,324

Near me, all series CMFs sell out on the first day, or very close to it. But then they get restocked a couple of weeks later. It even happened with Simpsons S2 and stores can barely give them away now.

Probably eBay and BL sellers, along with the collectors where they get the chance, feeding the secondary market for the collectors that have to have them first.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 628
    went to target on Tuesday got 25 went back Wednesday and they where sold out
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Haven't even seen a lot of series 15 around here.
    They also don't get them in the conventional boxes - they come in a cardboard sleeve of 100 or so packets.
    77ncaachamps
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 628
    Haven't even seen a lot of series 15 around here.
    my store has tones of S15
  • Dtrimpi87Dtrimpi87 San DiegoMember Posts: 56
    SumoLego said:
    They also don't get them in the conventional boxes - they come in a cardboard sleeve of 100 or so packets.
    I dont think that is true. Or maybe not at all locations. The Targets here get the normal 60 count boxes.

At our local targets they have been selling out as fast as they come in. My wife happened to be at target right when they opened and found a new box of the Disney figures that were in the Series 15 endcap that were just put out over night. She grabbed the whole box for me and the cashier said that is what everyone has been doing. They get a couple boxes every few days and they are gone within a couple hours of the store opening.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,264
    Good thing I got my full set after given a fresh box in a Minnesota Target on April 15th :|

• legomyeggoslegomyeggos Member Posts: 36

Target uses the same DPCI for all CMF...the brickseek inventory is not that reliable when it comes to CMF...I called them and they had it in stock and put a box on hold...when I arrived it was a fresh box of S15 CMF...

I got lucky yesterday and was able to purchase a new Disney CMF box from Target...But it took a lot of work calling the local Targets...

So here's my question out of curiosity...do you buy the box to feel the bags out at home?  and then return the rest?  or do you buy that many cause you keep them?  Or plan to resell them?  I see people claiming they bought 18 or 25+ bags...just wondering what do you do with them...

I bought a box to have 3 sets...1 opened...2 sealed...and I will probably return the last 6

Also I see on eBay = full set $110-160 (opened and unopened)

^ @TheLoneTensor - I know you want to weigh in.  

One ought to buy them and keep them.  Trade your extras to others that have done the same.
    Pitfall69madforLEGOThanos75
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,264
    ^ I feel them in store by the case. I don't feel weird at all, I guess (as I say at lot) since I'm younger I blend in while doing it. Sometimes people even ask me to help them get certain ones! It's a pretty cool feeling. This series only took me about 25 minutes. 

Oh, and call and ask for blue Disney packs next time, that helped me a lot. If you ask in store maybe have a photo of them on your phone ready to show or something, I think that helped me A LOT, because I wasn't sure the lady was going to bring out a Disney box or an S15 box so luckily I had one. 
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 466
    I was in my local Target yesterday and they had tons of Series 15.  I was hoping to find Disney CMFs, but no such luck.
  • legomyeggoslegomyeggos Member Posts: 36

yea...I met a lot of interesting people standing in the Lego aisle feeling out the CMF packs...

but this one was Disney...so a whole box is needed

• Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I don't mind feeling in the store. I don't feel weird about it. But that way I can get exactly what I need without added expense. Plus, others can feel up if they are there also. But the main problem is, I don't have that kind of time to just stand there and feel them up. I need the convenience of taking them home, feeling them, and returning the rest. I know people get upset about it, but that's life. I guess if a store started saying no returns on them, I'll quit buying them because I don't have the time.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    SumoLego said:
    ^ @TheLoneTensor - I know you want to weigh in.  

One ought to buy them and keep them.  Trade your extras to others that have done the same.
    Laf, sure, why not.

Actually I blame Lego for continuing with the blind bags.  If you give humans the ability to do stupid things, the stupid ones will do stupid things.
    SumoLegoPitfall69
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366

Conversely, I saw a cardboard end cap display case full of the Halloween themed CMF series in February at a Target. It was weird.
    There's an end cap of those still on display today at my closest Target. 
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    But Target hasn't been using the same DPCI any more as I found some series 12 that they wanted $4.79/pack, while the series 15 were the usual $3.99/pack -- No Disney at my store despite showing 120+ on Brickseek, and yet the same DPCI showed 55 in store with no stock in the warehouse.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 976
    It sounds like from the OP,  he/she wants to just go into their specific Target and a convenient time for them a buy a few bags without any hassles.....don't we all wish that? :)

With this latest set, Walmart has had them out, Target has had them out, and they aren't lasting on the shelves more then 24 hours.   One Target near me, put a 4 bag limit on purchases, first time of ever heard of Target doing that on any item.
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 589
    edited May 2016

Target uses the same DPCI for all CMF...the brickseek inventory is not that reliable when it comes to CMF...I called them and they had it in stock and put a box on hold...when I arrived it was a fresh box of S15 CMF...

I got lucky yesterday and was able to purchase a new Disney CMF box from Target...But it took a lot of work calling the local Targets...

So here's my question out of curiosity...do you buy the box to feel the bags out at home?  and then return the rest?  or do you buy that many cause you keep them?  Or plan to resell them?  I see people claiming they bought 18 or 25+ bags...just wondering what do you do with them...

I bought a box to have 3 sets...1 opened...2 sealed...and I will probably return the last 6

Also I see on eBay = full set $110-160 (opened and unopened)

Warning:  NSFW language...

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,308
  • waynlewiswaynlewis USAMember Posts: 85
    Some Targets have the end cap displays, which hold about 1 and a half boxes and the last time I saw display was for series 15. On one occasion I was lucky enuff to get a team member that brought out a series 13 box and I got that, and recently got one that gave me a sealed Disney box and I grabbed about 10 packs, and she then returned the box back to the stockroom. If you're nice enough and don't give them crap and explain what you're looking for, they'll help you out.
    Yesterday I went to Walmart and found 2 Disney boxes, one still sealed, and the other was practically untouched. Went back today and same thing. Instead of checking the Lego aisle, check in the girl toy aisle, with the Disney Princess and Friends Lego, on the bottom shelf. May be the same for Target.
  • groundedgrounded Central OhioMember Posts: 73
    I asked my local Target if they had any series 15 a few weeks ago.... The next day an end cap full of S14 and Simpsons S1 showed up. Needless to say, they're not moving fast.