Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,290
    Mainly dismantling Mixels to make some space for something else to go on display for a while. Not sure what yet tho
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    jadedanc said:
    im excited!! I have 2 of these in my house!! 
    I am speechless.
    77ncaachampsSumoLego
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    ^ Want to sell one...?
    jadedanc
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    edited April 2016
    Got back into my old ToysNBricks posts....thought you all might enjoy this.(or not.) Moral: Be Yourself :P 

And...

Never know who's watching, Aye?

• jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Pitfall69 said:
    jadedanc said:
    im excited!! I have 2 of these in my house!! 
    I am speechless.
    My husband and I went to the Des Peres Lego store.  I got a Falcon and he got a Slave 1. So we ended up with two. Sorry if that pissed someone off! I will refrain from posting any mor items on here anymore
    Mainly dismantling Mixels to make some space for something else to go on display for a while. Not sure what yet tho

:(
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    The ratcheting on the port wing on my #75094 seems a bit loose (possibly since I held it by the fin and dropped it on the table) :( Going to take out the Technic flex joint this evening to have a look what the issue is. That looks like it's going to mean removing the fin and dismantling quite a lot of the fuselage to get to it though...
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    I've just finished creating my own Facebook page dedicated to my LEGO and design work:

The Meticulous One: Designer, Illustrator, Photographer & LEGO Enthusiast.

catwrangler
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 154
    Was told I am the best wife ever today lol. @VorpalRyu is going to be giving up smoking. So I did the math and told him if he can go 15 weeks, then he can buy the SDCC Spider-woman... 
    VorpalRyutallblocktooSumoLegocheshirecatGothamConstructionCochuckpSalamalexYodaliciouscatwrangler
    ^Good luck @VorpalRyu
    edited May 2016
    May 1, 2016 7:37 a.m.

I'm on the couch ready to go to Target. I'm getting Captain Hook today, dammit!. 2 and a half hours
    Legopassion8 said:
    I'm on the couch ready to go to Target.
    Double-decker couch?
    SumoLegocatwrangler
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    Best wishes @VorpalRyu!  Sounds like a good trade off!  

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Got back into my old ToysNBricks posts....thought you all might enjoy this.(or not.) Moral: Be Yourself :P 

And...

Never know who's watching, Aye?

[...]
    Huh. That Skeet bloke was around Brickset for a while back in the day. He got banned for making inappropriate jokes (iirc, I could be wrong...). So if I was that Lego designer I wouldn't take it personally...
    edited May 2016
    The ratcheting on the port wing on my #75094 seems a bit loose...
    So after an hour of stripping the set down to access the Technic flex joints then rebuilding it, I put it down to manufacturing tolerances on the male part (dark grey in the picture below).

I could see no visible difference between the port and starboard flex joints (either externally or internally when separated). Off the set (without the leverage of the wings), both combinations of male and female parts appeared to have a similar amount of ratchet stiffness too.

I put the male parts back on the other way round, so now the starboard wing is slightly less stiff than the port one. To be honest, it's hardly noticeable, but try telling that to my OCD...
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,034
    Pondering the question "How much, is too much?"
    chuckpcatwrangler
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Status = reflective

I was putting together some LUG info and suddenly re-discovered that May marks the 5th birthday of the group! I joined about six months after we became "official" in the eyes of LEGO, but I can't believe how much has changed since then.

We started with a rotating cast of about a dozen people, and maybe an average of 2-5 showing up at monthly meetings. Now, we have about 40 members across two cities, at least a half dozen displays a year, and we will be putting up our largest display ever at Brickworld in Chicago this summer.

My, how things change :)
    tallblocktooSalamalexJenniSirBencatwrangler
  • LegoAerologistLegoAerologist Mid Ameica USAMember Posts: 25
    I am on an epic quest for the wooden duck (ancient Lego history) Beyond that, I am thinking of selling, looking to purchase key bricks.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,290
    Slightly disappointed with myself as to how easily I caved in to the lure of the Disney CMF - after convincing myself I didn't want them for months I got 10 today!
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    Slightly disappointed with myself as to how easily I caved in to the lure of the Disney CMF - after convincing myself I didn't want them for months I got 10 today!
    Of course now you need to complete the set.
    SalamalexTheOriginalSimonB
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,519
    I don't like tea.  But I'll Like that :-) 
    Well done Kev and team! 
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,034
    You are shorter than I recall Kev. And I see you've dyed your hair pink ;-)
    SumoLegoSirKevbagslegomatt
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    iso3200 said:
    You are shorter than I recall Kev. And I see you've dyed your hair pink ;-)
    It was a syrup ;-)
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,853
    Animal friends...

Legopassion8chrisalddinbandit778snowhitieGothamConstructionCoBuriedinBricksYodaliciousLostInTranslationlegonut80
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    ^ theres a joke there. but i am to sleepy to work it out.
    so just pretend there is a witty joke here.
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    edited May 2016
    cant resist not opening #76022 any longer...

and i bought it for resale :|
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,245
    @brumey, the X-Jet is a nice build, as is the Sentinel, liked it enough to buy a second Sentinel off a seller on BrickOwl.
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    brumey said:
    cant resist not opening #76022 any longer...

and i bought it for resale :|
    i have build this set. but i dont own it.
    christmas before last. was with my sisters kid, (who now has her own kid's) and said gift from me/my mum/my dad. (we give gifts as a family unit) was #76022 to her boy.
    he ask me to help him build it. you can bet that soon turn in to me building it for him.
    it is a cool build from what i remember of it.
    i also remember we got it for a fair price.
    i now wish i got 1 for my self.
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 880
    Grabbed some minifigs and camera to take some pics when I'm up north. On the way up realised superhero and star wars figs made no sense on the terrain. Next time, hobbit/lotr minifigs!
    Jenni
  • eanaireanair IrelandMember Posts: 142
    Looking at a catalogue from 1992 and wishing Lego still sold these accessory packs (the trees!!) and road plate packs without junctions...

JenniBuriedinBricksVorpalRyuJudgeChuckcatwranglerlegonut80
    edited May 2016
    Rabbit Suit Man needs a Turtle Suit Bro so they can live out the greatest race of ALL time! I hear the ninja turtle molds are collecting dust...

(I thought they were stolen by Mattel and sold to the Chinese.). :P
    VorpalRyu
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,777
    I just ordered a bunch of Medium Green bricks on Bricklink thanks to the new colors feature on the main site. Now to design a MOC to use them in...
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,093
    My #8293 Motor Set turned up today from Amazon, but my #42039 24 Hours Race Car is still on back order with them, so I've got an engine, but nothing to put it in!

VERY frustrating...

Separately, last night I was delving into the GBC / Akiyuki threads again on *the other LEGO forum* and have to admit to being fascinated by them, especially his Ball Factory, so I've decided to dip my toes in the water with a simple module such as "Lifter Triggered by a Stuck Ball" or "Catch and Release", so have been busy in Bricklink, Brickstock and Brickficiency...

Wish me luck! ;-)
    Jenni
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,934
    @JudgeChuck
    And you thought Star Wars sets were a slippery slope.

chrisalddin
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    eanair said:
    Looking at a catalogue from 1992 and wishing Lego still sold these accessory packs (the trees!!) and road plate packs without junctions...

Oh those road signs. Loved those. Brick-built trees are great, but not when little ones are busting them up every day - that's what pre-molded is for. We take red #4073 1x1 round plates and stick them in the round-top trees to make cherry trees.
    catwranglereanair
    bandit778 said:
    @JudgeChuck
    And you thought Star Wars sets were a slippery slope.

You're probably right... The only saving grace here is that I can build up a basic set of parts, complemented by my current collection and I'm good to go for some of the smaller modules and a bit of tinkering!
    Okay, I haven't factored in getting some balls (£0.66 each from B&P!), motors (but I have one now for my still-to-arrive #42039) and heaven knows what else, but it'll be enough for a dabble...
    Of course, if I find that I absolutely must build The Ball Factory (4428 parts!!), then I'll be in trouble... ;-)
    bandit778
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Delirious thanks to a head cold and having taken more NyQuil than I care to admit. Was in a meeting this morning and could've sworn I heard some say "the department of LEGO." It was "the department of labor."
    catwrangler
    Happy Star Wars Day All :)

May the 4th be with you...
    SumoLego said:
    Animal friends...

Hmmm, I recognize some of those. (And my similar collection is now complete thanks to you!)
    SumoLego
    @scoiltreasa was responsible for the other half...

My daughter thinks this is the greatest thing ever.  

And Disney CMF Stitch has been added, because he's an Experiment dressed as a dog.
    Yodalicious
    I have a picture in my head of the animal minifigs all sitting on boxes in an alley behind some theme park after hours with their animal heads strewn about, lighting cigarettes and passing around a bottle. 

"Another rough day guys."

"You're telling me. I got thrown up on."

"Yeah, well some punk ripped my tail off."
    Jennilegonut80
    ^ I envy your sticker.
  • shotgunchipmunkshotgunchipmunk USMember Posts: 74
    May the 4th Pick-a-Brick speed build challenge.  I went with an Alderaan action shot.

GothamConstructionCoBumblepantsCapnRex101SprinkleOtterJenniPitfall69SumoLegobobabricks
    My Brickset minifigs and bricks have arrived from Minifigforlife. I just need to pick them up from the delivery chaps downstairs... :-)
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    ^Mine came yesterday - just ordered the 1x8, though! Now I need to find a use for it. Maybe build a MOC of @Huw's super-secret Brickset lair? I'm pretty sure he must live in a mansion under a volcano, right?
    BumblepantsLego_Starcatwrangler
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited May 2016
    No, I reckon it's a private cruiseship that never docks. Fleet of private sausage-copters for nefarious missions, emergency supplies and Lego.
    GothamConstructionCoLego_StarplasmodiumBumblepantscatwrangler
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    vadang said:
    Just picked this up.  She's seen better days and the certificate for being a first edition isn't there but the expensive pieces (original radar dish, etc.) are accounted for.  I think I got a pretty good deal on it  and know that at least 98% of the pieces are there. 

^Holy sun damage!!! I hope you got a tremendous deal :)
  • vadangvadang Member Posts: 47
    Pitfall69 said:
    ^Holy sun damage!!! I hope you got a tremendous deal :)
    There is actually no sun damage, the lighting in my house is just pretty yellow.  Wife and I prefer a "warm" feeling in the house.   I just disassembled and sorted everything and besides the beat up box and manual and some dust, the pieces are great condition.  Oh and my fingers are killing me from all the dis-assembly! 
    LegoboyRsa33catwrangler