Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Disney CMF

Comments

• MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,211
    dannyrww said:
    Alright, I'm satisfied. ;)
    And now I need a Donald...I was going to pass on him. Where is the jacket from?
    It's from the LegoLand train #4000014
    Amanda1983
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    dannyrww said:
    Alright, I'm satisfied. ;)

And now I need a Donald...I was going to pass on him. Where is the jacket from?

The jacket is a pretty rare piece from #4000014 . It would probably be more cost efficient to use something like the torsos off the old Harry Potter goblins from the early 2000's.
    Amanda1983
  • vancitybobbyvancitybobby CanadaMember Posts: 2
    Bought an unopened box this morning! This will be the first time my son and I will get the full set each. 
    Amanda1983
    @vancitybobby Were you at Oakridge this morning?
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,342
    People use dot codes? Those are awful and usually unreliable.

Took me about 25 minutes to feel the whole set when I was given a fresh new box in-store. They're not that easy, a couple mixups but I made sure I got all 18 and I got all 18!
    Amanda1983
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    These suckers are popular. Thought I'd beat the rush into my local Lego Store...found a line of people waiting for them to open the gates, and 7 or 8 boxes set out on white tables ready to be picked through. Pretty cool experience. I only bought seven today. Snagged Buzz, Mickey, Ariel, Ursula, Alice, Daisy Duck, and Malificient. 
    Amanda1983
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    I was first tempted to get a set from Minifiguresplus but I was traveling abroad and wanted to get buy in from the wife. Then I got in town yesterday afternoon and have been crazy busy. I tried to order through [email protected] but sold out. Called local Target...nothing. Looks like they are very popular. Hoping at some point I'll be able to find them at retail. 
    Amanda1983
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Disney fans and resellers. That's my take on the sell outs
    LegoTTAmanda1983
    I'd agree. I think these will be more readily available in a few weeks. 
    Amanda1983
  • vancitybobbyvancitybobby CanadaMember Posts: 2
    @vancitybobby Were you at Oakridge this morning? I didn't get to the Lego Store today. Got mine from Chapter's.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,905
    Dot codes can be useful in store when you're not 100% about a figure or are trying to determine if you have a duplicate. Just look at the codes. Also, it has been my experience that a chain will have the same codes at least in batches (ie the first batch at Wal-Mart will likely have the same dots across the board). It starts to get tricky once multiple shipments and assortments are at the same stores. That said, I just feel for mine and reserve dots for clarification.
    Amanda1983goshe7
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 635
    shop at home is sold out now
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,961
    It definitely was the largest crowd I have seen for a CMF release. It was pretty nuts, and I suspect my store sold out of them by this afternoon. I did get the ones I wanted, though. I managed to get 1/2 at a Target previously, and despite looking I have not found any more at any Target or Walmart. I suspect at some point, though, these will be readily available.
    Amanda1983
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,852
    Dot codes are complete hokum.  This collection is easy to discern.  Bows, lamps, huge hats and heads and distinctive accessories...
    dannyrwwbobabricksMattDawsonVorpalRyuCM4SAdeelZubairandhe
    They are not hokum, they just can't be applied across all production batches. Like I said, whenever I've had confusion about a specific figure the codes clarify. I am pretty adept at feeling, but sometimes finger fatigue sets in. Stitch kinda feels like Mickey when you've been smooshing for a bit.
    Amanda1983
    (Stitch has shirt legs)
    VorpalRyuCM4Sgmonkey76ARo2891
    It was an example. I am aware he has short legs. When you are in a hurry and have tired fingers it doesn't change the fact that the codes are an effective way to distinguish between a figure or two.
    Amanda1983SumoLego
  • DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    This should probably be in shopping UK but WH Smith are doing £5 off a £20 spend with a till receipt. Bought one CMF to get the receipt and then 9 more to get the discount
    MattDawsonAmanda1983
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,758
    ^ Quick, ain't ya?!
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    These are starting to filter through in the UK. Sainsburys have stock of them but my local TRU and Asda don't yet have them or if they do, they haven't hit the shelves. 
    pharmjod said:
    It was an example. I am aware he has short legs. When you are in a hurry and have tired fingers it doesn't change the fact that the codes are an effective way to distinguish between a figure or two.
    I was being cute.

Nonetheless, in many years of examining bump codes (S3 - Disney), I find the codes completely ineffective.  Also, the ocassional air bubble can also reduce whatever accuracy the bumps may have.

I suppose we can agree to disagree on their accuracy.
  • SecretjediSecretjedi Member Posts: 163
    DarthMorl said:
    This should probably be in shopping UK but WH Smith are doing £5 off a £20 spend with a till receipt. Bought one CMF to get the receipt and then 9 more to get the discount

Worth checking the self service tills. I picked up four left over receipts which all had £5 off a £20 spend. 
    Amanda1983
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,461
    I caved in, got 10 with a Smiths Voucher.  Ended up with Aladdin, Stitch, Alice, Cheshire Cat, Daisy Duck, Mr Incredible, 2 Buzz and 2 Maleficent.
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 850
    edited May 2016
    Picked up a full set of these this afternoon (from Sainsburys for those in the UK who are interested).  Really easy to get a full set by feel, might have taken me 10 mins - if that - to feel - by far the trickiest is Mickey Mouse in my view.

I think these are an excellent set of CMFs (and judging by the demand I'm reading here, I'm looking forward to this series running for pretty much ever) - there are some great parts and great characters in here.  Loving pieces like the plastic skirts and some of the cool hair designs!

I do find myself much preferring the 'human' heads rather than the mouse and duck heads - Stitch and the Alien manage to get away with it - something about them makes them look like they are people with heads on a la Disneyland workers!

I find it interesting that they've done a version of Ariel, given that she already has been available as a Friends-style minidoll - I (and my daughter) rather like the various Princess sets that have been available but I would have a preference to have minifigs instead - slight scale issues be damned - so look forward to the offerings in future series.
    Amanda1983
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Can anyone confirm if these are being sold inside the Disney parks (not the Lego Stores near the Disney parks)? I'm going to assume there is probably a markup if they do.
  • workshybumworkshybum UKMember Posts: 64
    Just found some of these in my local Tesco store. All the sealed boxes were wrapped and alarmed and all the individual packets from the open boxes were sealed inside DVD alarm boxes. Whether this is to prevent stealing or packet feeling I don't know, but they didn't get my business! 
    Gooker1khmellymelAmanda1983
    My local Sainsburys had an empty box on the floor, which I informed one of the staff about. I only want Alice so I'm not bothered about the initial stampede...
    Amanda1983
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,007
    My local Sainsburys had an empty box on the floor, which I informed one of the staff about. I only want Alice so I'm not bothered about the initial stampede...
    now i have a image of a heard of rampaging Cow's descending on a Sainsburys. all clamoring to get there hoof's on a Disney CMF. follow by applejack and her dog, from My little pony, trying to get them under control.

i have no idea ware that last part in the image i have in my head came from....
    Amanda1983
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474

My 3 kids love these, they have put a list together of which ones they want, I purchased 30 packs today and got 4 each Aladdin and Donald, could not feel pack due to time. just need 4 to complete a set TRU by one of my job sites had 2 open boxes and one sealed have to go back tomorrow.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,304
    Still yet to see these locally, as usual, we'll probably get showing up in stores in about another week from now.
    Amanda1983
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,316
    The Lego store near me said they only got 2 boxes and sold out that same day
    Local Target sold out on one day (Sunday, release day).
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 197
    Myer Sydney had a few boxes in last week - no idea if they're still there, this was last Thursday I saw them and grabbed a few.  Two Buzzes, an alien, Cheshire, two Mr Incredibles, and Aladdin... I suppose that's not bad, but I feel a bit bummed what with still having the Buzz and alien figures from the old Toy Story sets (at least the alien had a new torso print, and Buzz new legs - I prefer the old head).  If there are any left I may take another shot, I'd dearly love a Maleficent; not sure about my odds though, there were people feeling the packs when I saw them, so my trusty ol' Completely Random Handful method may not prevail even if they haven't sold out.

(It's not that I oppose feeling - I dislike the notion of blind bags, so if I could know what I was buying, sure I would - but I honestly can't bring myself to stand there rustling through packets in plain sight of everyone; I'm a shy sort.)
    Amanda1983
  • TwoToneBricksTwoToneBricks KCMember Posts: 37
    I went to my local lego store before heading to work, so I gave myself plenty of time to try to feel for all 18. It just so happens the people at the store had already sorted and felt out a few cases worth and had them all filed behind their counters. It actually felt pretty good to buy them without that awkward groping next to other individuals huddled around you.

Granted I missed the glory of the hunt I'm still gonna feel them before I open them. They better not be wrong, the employee told me not to hold a grudge if they were. Lol
    MattDawsonAmanda1983
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,372
    I was surprised to see that the Lego Store in Milwaukee still had plenty of these on Tuesday after the frenzy on Sunday.
    Gave my local Lego store a call last night and was told they had a handfull left. They were sold out within the 30 minutes it took me to get out there. 

However, I hit up the Barnes and Noble and they had a freshly opened box a bit hidden away on the middle shelf of the Lego display.  I didn't spend the time to complete my collection, but I picked up 5 more. Mistakenly got another Buzz, but got Minnie, Donald Duck, Aladdin, and the Alien. Only 7 more to go for me!  

My Lego Store said that they've found that Lego will replenish the website before they get any more in stock- is that common practice?

Amanda1983
    @LegoTT that wouldn't surprise me. I've had instances [email protected] had a set marked as available but it was not available in the actual shop
    Amanda1983
  • A.BrickovskyA.Brickovsky PolandMember Posts: 56
    Sorry for off-top, but does anybody knows anything about Disney castle?
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,342
    Sorry for off-top, but does anybody knows anything about Disney castle?
    Nothing that hasn't been shared already.
  • A.BrickovskyA.Brickovsky PolandMember Posts: 56
    Thanks. I'm being shamelessly impatient for this one. 
  • dolphins79dolphins79 Member Posts: 29
    Can anyone confirm if these are being sold inside the Disney parks (not the Lego Stores near the Disney parks)? I'm going to assume there is probably a markup if they do.
    Yes at Disney springs Orlando they were sold out at The Lego store but had plenty at the Disney store there. Not sure if the Disney store within magic kingdom had them. They were 3.99 at Disney springs 
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    You said yes, but Disney Springs is not the parks, it's a mall.
    SumoLego
    edited May 2016
    I only saw a handful of Lego sets in the parks/resorts - only at the gift shop at the exit of Star Tours.

They may have had a Disney Princess set or two at Tinkerbell's Treasures, but admittedly, I was trying very hard not to spend excessive amounts of money on a complete princess ensemble and a matched set of Little Mermaid luggage.

And this...

LostInTranslationbobabricksAmanda1983
    @SumoLego ha ha, nice. That actress graduated at my high school. Kinda the only reason I own a Maria Hill minifig, gotta support the local artists! :P
    SumoLegoAmanda1983
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,302
    Well I'm now just missing Cheshire Cat - I don't think I've ever obtained so many from a series so quickly.

I think we're likely to see more series in the future, so many more potential characters. Hoping for a new woody done like buzz to introduce a cowboy hat with hair.

im also going to call it, every series will likely have a new variant of Mickey, thinking either sorcorer's apprentice or steamboat willie in series 2.

LostInTranslationbandit778Amanda1983
  • BJ21BJ21 Hampshire, UKMember Posts: 32
    Sorceror's Apprentice Micky would be cool, though I've a slight worry he might be exclusive with the castle.
    Amanda1983
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,007
    found them in Guildford Tesco when i was in there yesterday. 

not willing to pay full price but as soon as them drop. i will be all over them.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,550
    edited May 2016

@BJ21 - I speculated that the Mickey with the Cinderella castle will be wearing his tail coat outfit that he wears for parades, since the word from reliable source CM4S was that Minnie will be in her red polka dot dress.

This is the thread for the Cinderella Castle discussion http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/22729/71040-minifigures-d2c-speculation#latest

I'll ask @Huw for the title of that thread to be changed.

Amanda1983
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    edited May 2016
    Picked up 14 in WH Smiths at lunch,  8 unique,  2 duplicates I've opened in error. 4 duplicates unopened which I'll take back and swap hopefully. Suspecting getting a few of the figures will be tough.