Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: [US] Walmart: clearance, 50% Off

Comments

• JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    In Birmingham AL (nearest LEGO store, mini-modulars are mine) podracers and bounty hunter ship are 30% off. They still had a slave I.
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    I have been to multiple WMs in my area and today was the first day that I saw the Podracers on sale...it was a non-supercenter in an out-of-the-way area with a fairly small toy section, so this was not in any way representative of what is generally available...it's just something that you might stumble across.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    edited January 2012
    @choob99 Guess it depends on the area as I've seen Podracers at 30% off everywhere. Picked up maybe a dozen, as I don't really care for the value in the first place, but I still see many on the shelves.

There are two Walmarts that I hit that have yet to put anything on sale "at all". I wonder if this means they never will??? One is a very clean and organized store and the other is dirty, cluttered and very disorganized.
  • choob99choob99 Member Posts: 147
    @gmpirate it must be just a regional thing coz as I said I've been to at least 12 different stores and not a one has had them on discount. I did find one store out of the 12 that had 2 bounty hunter ships at 30% and I grabbed both of those, all the rest of the discounts have been older sets, nothing newer
  • scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
    Jackpot at Wal-Mart.

Went to a walmart today and they decided to discount all sets they weren't "hanging onto" with the new shipment coming in. So 50% off all to shrink inventory.

got:
    Creator Cabin - $15
    Creator Lighthouse - $20
    SW T-6 - $29
    SW Turbo Tank - $50 (they had it for $99)
    City Fire Station - $35
    City Police Truck - $15 (I think)
    HP Hagrids Hut - $20 (I think)
    HP Bus - $15
    Minifigs $1.48 each

Thank that was about it....
    Wow, nice find @scratchdesk There has been nothing new at any of mine, I think I have cleaned them all out and there is nothing new being clearanced out
  • darktremeredarktremere Member Posts: 42
    I checked out my local Walmart today, no new discounts. I'm really hoping to catch the minifigs being clearanced.
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    Jackpot at Wal-Mart.

Went to a walmart today and they decided to discount all sets they weren't "hanging onto" with the new shipment coming in. So 50% off all to shrink inventory.

got:
    Creator Cabin - $15
    Creator Lighthouse - $20
    SW T-6 - $29
    SW Turbo Tank - $50 (they had it for $99)
    City Fire Station - $35
    City Police Truck - $15 (I think)
    HP Hagrids Hut - $20 (I think)
    HP Bus - $15
    Minifigs $1.48 each

Thank that was about it....
    I wish my Walmart ever had Cabin or Lighthouse. I would buy a dozen of each. lol

Brent
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Found AC Mothership at 25% off in a Walmart toy clearance aisle elsewhere in Alabama. Don't think the SW sets were discounted there though.
    Thought I was done but after hearing about people's new clearance finds I went into my local Walmart and sure enough they had all the Lego in a cart in the middle of a big isle.

Pearls 50%
    Knight's Bus 50%
    Marina 50%
    Alien Saucer (smaller one) 50%

All I remember, but grabbed the Pearl's and buses. Became inspired and hit up three other Walmarts but came up empty. One which had a lot of old stock (no sales) had papers taped to all the shelves in preparation to reorganizing everything. Maybe that means a clearance is coming soon???
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Where are you guys located? I'm in LA, Wal Marts have Black Pearls everywhere by the dozen. Hoping to find it half off.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 792
    Keep Finding Black Pearls for $99. No Creator houses either.
    @ma1234 I'm in the same area. Found several Walmarts at 25% Pearls in the Inland Empire and Riverside area. Two of them went to 50% I believe because they were not moving at 25% and the next time I checked they were wiped out. The one I hit last night is in Orange County.

But yes, there's a lot of Pearl stock out there at full price still. I've seen it too.
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    Two Walmarts, same town...one had podracers on sale, the other didn't. Both supercenters. I think it's luck of the draw.
  • darktremeredarktremere Member Posts: 42
    Haven't seen any Pearls at any of the Walmarts in my area, supercenter or otherwise.
    Just had a little scare at Walmart. I returned a Whitecap and they opened it and all the minifigs were gone. She said they weren't supposed to take it but look for an exchange. Without thinking (meaning I didn't want it anyway), I went and checked and they had none. Came back and she did take it. Have to admit I'm a little concerned over all my Walmart stock but guess we have to figure that into the cost of doing business. Still, I always get kinda uncomfortable returning things to Walmart not knowing if the box is complete or not.

Had a Target open a Turbo Tank one time to check. Made me cringe to see them do it thinking its damaged goods now.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 981
    I stopped at a rural Wal Mart in NC on my way back from Myrtle Beach and found a whole bunch of stuff at 50% off:

Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen
    Knight and Castle Building Set
    Village Mill Raid
    City of Atlantis
    Mace Windu Jedi Starfighter
    Hoth Wampa Cave
    Ninjago Spinners
    Spinjitzu Dojo
    Police Chase
    Snowtrooper Battle Packs

They had something like 200+ freeing dobby sets, quidditch match, and pretty much every Cars set imaginable. They also had at least 10 boxes of series 5 minifigs, but they were not marked down.
    I too had a strange issue. Bought the SW Turbo Tank yesterday and opened it up and we were putting it together and noticed that it was missing some parts. Turns out I got bag 1-4 but there are supposed to be 2 of bag 2, 3 and 4. Had to call Lego and after an hour of trying to explain they finally got it figured out and sent out an entire replacement set. Bag 1 was all the minifigs and that was there.

Anyone else had issues where multiple bags were missing from a set (accounting for nearly half of the set)? The box felt very light but inspection of the security tape was all perfect. Weird stuff, but as usual Lego comes through in customer service!
    @teal93mr2 any chance you could grab me a Mill Village Raid? I haven't found a single one at any of the walmarts I've been to. Or any one else that can grab me one?
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 981
    @choob99: I would love to help you out, but I grabbed the last one they had. That was actually the first one I have seen in about 5-6 Wal Marts.
    @choob99 Check out TJMaxx and Marshalls. I found some their and the carriages as well.
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    I was just at a local Marshalls. They had one of the King's Carriage for $29.99.

Brent
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @choob99 I was in the same boat as you. Could not find an MVR in the dozens of stores I explored for the life of me. Then upon forum advice, I checked out TJMaxx and what do ya know. A perfect MVR sitting on full display, front & center, for $50.
  • intromissionintromission Member Posts: 197
    TJMaxx seems to be going lower sooner on the clearance. I picked up Ostrich Race for $10 when it was still $15 at Marshalls. Seemed to be the case for other sets too.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I had never been to a Marshall's before (thought they just sold clothes there) and finally went. Found one MVR for $50. They had carriages as well. I'm hoping they discount lower.
    Same here.
    Well I do have a TJ Maxx and a Marshalls both right next to each other, so I'll check them both out tomorrow and hopefully one of them has it, there aren't many other TJ or Marshalls around here, so lets hope I hit gold at the 2 near me! Thanks for the tip
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    If anyone's able to find a spare MVR, Dragon Prison or Lighthouse (latter only at 50% or better) that they can pass on the saving, I'd be much obliged.
  • vedder1029vedder1029 Member Posts: 78
    I hit 2 TJ Maxx and 3 Marshalls stores over the last week and found nothing. :(
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^^ Mathew - I can provide the MVR I bought for $50 as part of our current trade. I've had no luck on the Lighthouse.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    Wow, my local store still has nothing as of yesterday. Tons of Black Pearls and a bunch of podracers. I think I might visit some WMs today and scan a bunch of the sets in case some are on sale. Hopefully I will come across some good deals.

I got worried reading this post and hearing people like @scratchdesk buy sealed sets with missing bags. I bought two resealed Slave Is from WM that I had to return because they were missing %50 pieces, but I've never had any mint sets I know of that were missing parts. I would suggest using a food or shipping scale to confirm the weight of your mint sets. This is what I believe lego does.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    There seems to still be some gold (or at least, silver) on the shelves of some Walmarts. Photos from another store with Harry Potter, log cabin and others on the shelves:

http://brickupdate.com/2012-lego-sets-arrive-at-walmart/
    Visited a Walmart tonight that showed 3 Creator Lighthouses (wanted to check and see if it was $20) in stock but didn't find a single one. Something similar happened about a month ago at a different Walmart with 4 Battle of Endors (I was told they were on clearance for $25!!!) and I wasted a lot of time searching. I'm starting to wonder about employees hiding the good stuff...Ha!
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    I have had that happen as well - online inventory system not accurately representing what is in the store at Walmart. I know that Walmart prides themselves on an efficient supply chain, but my gut is that a system this massive will not always have effective communication at the customer level.
    edited January 2012
    This wasn't the online numbers though. This was the store computers/scanners. For the Battle of Endor sets even had the Toy area buyer/manager helping me out looking in the stock room (he admitted things were a mess since the holidays) and there was nothing.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    I thought the Battle of Endor is a Toys R Us exclusive in the US?
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    Went to a local Walmart tonight, one that I have been to every few days since 12/26. This store has never had anything to speak of (Commack, NY) but tonight they were LOADED with sets, some that I haven't seen in ANY Walmart yet, such as the lighthouse. All in the Christmas clearance section. All ringing up at RRP !!!(?)! I fill a cart, grab a manager, and she couldn't care less. I ask, why are they in the clearance section if they are not at clearance prices? She said it's overstock from the toy section... meanwhile the Lego aisle in the toy section is BARREN.. she says "I don't know what to tell you, the price is the price." I left my full cart right there in front of her I was so mad. I showed her.
    I was getting the same shit about full priced items in the clearance area. Wish there was something we could get them to do about it. Move them somewhere out of clearance if they are full price... Some stores are more pro-active than others in clearing out clearance items.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    I left my full cart right there in front of her I was so mad. I showed her.
    Haha, way to go! Cool story bro. I love hearing about the downtrodden sticking it to the man...errr, the managers, those evil people with all their...managing and then probably riding around in brand new Ford Fiestas flaunting those big paychecks. Get her!
    They are the 1%!
  • thecleatorthecleator Member Posts: 70
    Can anyone tell me if Walmart does amazing sales like this every year?? Does it always begin Dec 26th?
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 341
    I only came out of my dark ages Fall 2010, but I did not see any sales like this at Wal-Mart last January. Any Lego I've ever seen in the past year before this sale would be at most 25% off, and what little there was would sit on shelves collecting dust for a month before they just up and disappeared.
    There is definitely still a lot of great sets out there. I was just on the road for work and planned my trip so that I could hit as many WMs on the way to and from my destination. I ended up hitting 12 different stores. Stock varied from store to store, but here is some of what I found at 50% off:

Blacksmith Attack
    Prison Tower Rescue
    King's Carriage Ambush
    Quidditch Match
    Ninjago Fire Temple
    Ninjago Lord Garmadon's Fortress
    Ninjago Ninja Training
    Ninjago Starter Pack (this was over 65% off of RRP)
    Slave I (only found 1 of these)
    Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter
    Droid Trifighter
    Rebel Trooper Battlepack
    Snow Trooper Battlepack
    Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ
    Power Boat Transporter

There were a handful of stores with odd overstock clearance items, including Millenium Falcon at $99, Hogwart's Castle at $99, Bounty Hunter Gunship at 30% off, etc.

I'm not sure how much longer these deals are going to last. The last store I went to last night was in the process of completely rearranging their toy stock and all of the stores that I went to yesterday were in the process of taking down their holiday clearance sections to reuse the space.
    @thecleator...the scope of this sale at Walmart is pretty unique and I would not expect for it to repeat. WM generally does post-holiday clearance, but this year seems to be somewhat unique in that TLG is retiring a lot of sets, including ones that have been on the market for less than a year (i.e. Powerboat Transporter, Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter). My sense is that this is what caused such a large-scale sale this year.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    Re: the regular priced items in clearance. This is something they did at Wal-Mart over the summer. They put red tags on the items, but the full price was still there. Many became seriously discounted only in December, after Christmas.

Re: Wal-Mart sales. After Christmas 2010, they did have several items on 50% off, but perhaps not as many. There were City sets and Star Wars sets available. I expected something in the summer, since that is what KMart and Target did, but the discounts did not happen. See above.
    @brickupdate Which Walmart did you take pics of? Were the items on sale? I've found Walmarts with more stock than that but "nothing" on clearance.

Also, went to a Walmart yesterday where they had lego in this special cart setup in the middle of the isle for clearance toys. Lego was still being rung up at full price. I asked if the Lego was just in the wrong spot and the lady in charge said it was Lego they would not being carrying anymore -- not necessarily on sale. Figured I would check back in case they hadn't gotten to it yet :P
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    The lego isle was pretty much bare at my store. There were a couple boxes sitting on the shelves marked "return for credit" but they were filled with other toys.
    @Pacific493 those are terrific finds this late in the sale! What area were all those WMs? I'd love to pick up a MF and some Hogwarts at $100 and the Fire Temples for 50% too!
    @BrickDancer...they were all WMs between Raleigh-Durham and Charlotte in NC. The one with the MF and Hogwarts at $99 was on the out-skirts of Charlotte between Charlotte and Albemarle. The WMs along I-85 were mostly cleared out...the ones on the backroads had more interesting stuff.
    @Pacific493 too bad I'm on the other coast =(