Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Final Star Wars Set?

Imagine a scenario...

LEGO's contract with the Star Wars license is running out on the 50th Anniversary of Star Wars.
There is not going to be a renewed license between the two brands.
Decent sets have filled the lastest waves with sets from all episodes and spin-off films.
One final UCS set is being made to be released at the end of the year - as the final set to collect...

... What will it be?

(a remake? minifigures? size? special box? price?)

Comments

• maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 826
    UCS Jar Jar Bust. 
    bobabricks[Deleted User]SprinkleOtterKevin_Hyatt
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Cavegod's At-At

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,005
    Death Star, out next year and stays available for 10 years.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,139
    The Millennium Falcon would probably have to be the obvious choice as it is probably the most iconic ship in the Star wars universe.
    Much as I like the idea though, if I had a choice and this was a pull the stops out no expense spared set, I would love to see a life size and as accurate as you could get it, brick built bust of Vader. To me, he is Star Wars, and without the iconic armour that captured cinema goers attention in the first 10 minutes of the film, leaving the audience wanting more and wanting to know more about him, I'm not so sure that the rest of the franchise would have flourished quite as well as it did. (IMO).

[Deleted User]dougtsmr.pigglesVortex
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 532
    edited April 2016
    Wait what? Is there no chance of a renewed contract? This terrifies me.

Edit: I just saw your "imagine a scenario" I was terrified for about three minutes. Thanks >:(
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    edited May 2016
    ^lot of the escape the space slugs parts can be found in that set....

An UCS blue Skywalker Lightsaber replica? Anakin/Luke/Rey something that ties  all the movies  together!
    TwoToneBricks
    I'm sure reys not Luke's daughter. He's probably a virgin ::P
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 635
    ucs jar jar binks fig
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,593
    UCS minifigure scale Millennium Falcon with detailed interior. With Docking Bay 94, Death Star, or Hoth walls for display
    Sigh not again....lol(not really)

Derp Derp Derp
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,487
    someone already said the darth vader bust, so I guess I'll go with UCS AT-AT. of course it will only have one side finished, the other side will have all the technics stuff and funky colors exposed to match the latest hoth set.
    TheBigLegoski
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Luke and Vader lightsaber battle
  • The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
    Starkiller Base
  • rawbobrawbob UKMember Posts: 528
    UCS Midichlorian
    wardm[Deleted User]ModulaRdannyrwwbobabricks
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    UCS Lego Store complete with all SW Lego boxes fronts with printed tiles!
    wardm
  • lego187lego187 United StatesMember Posts: 16
    The could make a final wave with the most iconic vehicle or scene from each movie!
    Lordmoral
  • BJ21BJ21 Hampshire, UKMember Posts: 32
    White rangefinder polybag
    SumoLegoModulaRbobabricksKevin_HyattVorpalRyuGoldchains
  • TheBrickPalTheBrickPal USAMember Posts: 45
    PROPER Assault on Hoth. ;-)
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,149
    rawbob said:
    UCS Midichlorian
    Sounds itchy.
    bandit778Bumblepants
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,743
    A set of every recognizable lightsaber hilt.
    77ncaachamps
  • ModulaRModulaR USMember Posts: 39
    Realistically, it'd have to be a Death Star or Millenium Falcon, or Vader's Bust or the blue lightsaber--those are good ideas.

If it was up to me, though? The most bang would be a full Cloud City model, emphasis on the outer structure, with mini Millenium Falcon, Slave 1 and Cloud Car, as well as a full line of appropriate minifigs.
    wardm
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,400
    Hard to answer since we haven't seen all there is to see. but on what we have I would go with one big 'play set'

Cloud City is the obvious one, full city complete with fully bricked out sets, Dinner with Darth, Carbon Chamber, two landing pads, system scale X-Wing and Slave 1 air vent/shoot with central area for lightsabers fight, all the trimmings.

Battle of Genousis would be another good one, full arena, creatures, republic gunship and all the characters, Jedi's, Drioids and clones.
    wardm
    Boba Fett Bust...or large Lego Minifig
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,005
    If there were no more Disney sets, then maybe the first new licence afterwards would be Star Trek. Unless they buy that too.
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 595
    UCS Slave Leia Costume Bust or Slave Leia Costume Build a Figure. Finally servicing the one Star Wars and LEGO obsessive niche market that has yet to be reached.

Come on, you were all thinking it weren't you!

:)
    VorpalRyu
    ^With chains????
    DougTemplarVorpalRyu
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,392
    Tatooine UCS could have mos eisly and various other settings as the planet is in 4 of the films so far (and briefly in Epiode III)
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    Cloud City is the obvious one, full city complete with fully bricked out sets, Dinner with Darth, Carbon Chamber, two landing pads, system scale X-Wing and Slave 1 air vent/shoot with central area for lightsabers fight, all the trimmings.
    Must include a Willrow Hood minifigure as well! I second UCS Cloud City. I wouldn't mind if it included a landing pad large enough to fit the UCS Slave I instead of another version of the ship. Although including a Millenium Falcon would be a huge plus. 
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    ^ This really deserves 2 likes, one for the concept, which I really liked and another for clarification that it needs to be Sebastian Shaw's Anakin.
    ModulaR
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    Han Solo's torso saying "I shot first"
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    edited May 2016
    Probably a Stormtrooper poly which will be given away with purchase of the Endor Solo poly...
  • deephorsedeephorse West Yorkshire, U.K.Member Posts: 83
    I don't care.  I'll probably be dead by then anyway.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,218
    I'd prefer something not previously done (or previously covered in a UCS or large set). There was quite a furore when Lego rehashed the Winter Toy Shop...
  • BJ21 said:
    White rangefinder polybag
    UCS polybag? 3000+ rangefinders.
    deephorse said:
    I don't care.  I'll probably be dead by then anyway.
    It's only ~11 years.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,577
    A UCS set with R2-D2 and C-3PO. They seem (to me) to be the characters that tie all of the movies together. 
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,424
    edited May 2016
    The award ceremony at the end of A New Hope, with a chrome C3PO and exactly the same amount of figures as people in the film along with the palace or wherever it is they are. Or, a brick built 50cm long Jabba.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418
    Good thing it is only an 'imagined scenario about the final SW set'.

It is not as iconic as the AT-AT, the Death Star, Millennium Falcon etc. But as a little kid, even though RotJ is the first SW film I ever watched (at the cinema), I was mesmerized by the Cantina scene from from SW ep.IV. So when I was allowed to pick a film from the video rental shop, and I saw 'A New Hope' for the first time, I would rewind the VHS tape again and again to re-watch those scenes and check out this wretched hive of scum and villainy at this seedy bar together with all the other scenes at Mos Eisley Spaceport.
    I bought the Cantina set #75052 released in 2014. But I would love to see a proper Cantina 'Creator Expert UCS' (play)set that is even bigger and better than the current Ghostbusters headquarter #75827 set, or any of the modular city and the excellent Simpsons Lego sets. That imagined set off course also has to include minifigs of ALL the different creatures and characters that were there in those movie scenes. All with movie accurate torso, leg, and arm printing, and special head moulding/printing for all the exotic extraterrestrials you see in 'A New Hope'. So not only a fantastically designed building/playset, but also THE Lego set to contain the most unique as well as the largest number of minifigs ever!

gmonkey76catwranglerdougts
    edited May 2016
    ^The Ghostbusters Firehouse isn't perfect. My wife pointed out the lack of the  basement which is where all the cool stuff is....

(
    catwrangler
    edited May 2016
    UCS BB-8
  • I'd prefer something not previously done (or previously covered in a UCS or large set). There was quite a furore when Lego rehashed the Winter Toy Shop...
    An updated remake of the UCS Falcon would be welcomed though.
    Even a UCS Star Destroyer I did say.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    First of all you scared the crap out of me, I did not see the hypothetical, just read the title with "FINAL'. Hoping for UCS Jedi Temple, I can't believe they have not done a Jedi temple or any of the rooms yet, but if we have to get to final SW lego that would be my #1 choice.
    77ncaachamps
  • ImABrickManNowImABrickManNow BrickyMcBrickMember Posts: 270
    Oh my goodness you almost gave me a heart attack I didn't even notice the " imagine a senario "  I thought that you were talking about something real!!!
  • ImABrickManNowImABrickManNow BrickyMcBrickMember Posts: 270
    UCS cloud city all the way!!!!