Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What was your first complete set/line?

happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 133
Wish such a limited budget I am happy that I now have the complete set of 6 Scooby doo sets unopened.  This includes the Team Pack.

What is the first complete set or all to date line you have ?
RogerKirk

Comments

• Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    Dimensions !
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,846
    I think some showing off is about to happen...(Not by me.)

My entry: Ninja (Castle) circa-2000

(I also have most of the Forestmen-era System Castle sets, but those don't really have a beginning or end point during that era.)
  • iliketoastiliketoast AustraliaMember Posts: 258
    edited April 2016
    I have all of the retail sets of the Nickelodeon TMNT sets. I don't like the movie turtle figs, so I'm calling it complete.
    bobabricks
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    The first theme I completed was Avatar, but that was only 2 sets. :P My first real theme to complete was probably Indiana Jones.
    77ncaachamps
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,281
    I'm beating avatar with 3 sets lol. the time twisters.
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 853
    edited April 2016
    Space police 3. Then I sold it :(

• happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 133
    Drmnez said:
    Space police 3. Then I sold it :(

I hear you  with the :-( I had kwik e mart , palace cinema and detectives office put together  and had to sell them all on Craigs list

Drmnez
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    for me it will have to be back to the future 
    bobabrickspharmjodsnowhitie
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 994
    I think it might have been those nba 3 figure packs with trading cards.  And those may have been the only set we've ever completed on purpose.  We may have completed, or been close to it,  the Indiana Jones sets, too....but not 100% sure.
  • mediumsnowmanmediumsnowman USAMember Posts: 40
    Space Police III
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Avatar for me but only two sets.
    Next, the NBA figures and the three basketball court sets.

Pretty close to finishing Dimensions (missing a few fun packs).

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,761
    Don't think I have ever gotten 100% technically but I consider my Lord of the Rings complete despite not having GameStop Elrond and didn't want Frodo's cooking corner. I know some of you will be tempted to argue about this but just know in advance you will not be changing my mind on this : )
    bobabricksSalamalexJudgeChucksnowhitie
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,695
    edited April 2016
    CMF series 1, then 2, then 3, ... up to 9. Then realised I didn't like all of them so sold lots off keeping multiples of the ones I use a lot of. I've had every CMF released aside from Mr Gold, and the new Disney and German footballers. 

Otherwise complete on Monster Fighters and Atlantis, LOTR and Hobbit (but not comic con minifigs, but do have all minifigs including blue coat Bilbo). Although as I moc, those sets are all mixed up. That's the reason I tend not to be complete on most ranges as I don't buy sets I don't want to use.
    bobabricks
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 410
    Alien Conquest (minus polybags), City Mining sub theme of 2012, Series 14 Monster minifigures, Simpsons Series 2.
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 309
    I don't think we have a complete 'line'. We have most of scooby doo, jurassic world and Harry potter. We also have an awful lot of city,  most of the modulars, all of the creator buildings and some castle sets but no complete lines because we just buy what we will play with
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,093
    I count my "Trans-Yellow, Blue, Light Grey" era of Classic Space complete and I have all the Minecraft sets, including all the Micro-world ones, but that's it...

I'm not even close with any other themes:
    The LEGO Movie: 52%
    Nexo Knights: 38% (I only have the Ultimate minifig sets and a couple of the freebies)
    The Lord of the Rings: 35%
    Ideas: 30%
    SumoLego
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,933
    The only series that I have completed are the S14 & S15 minifigs.
    Even if money was no object I don't think that a lot of the themes I have sets from would get completed just because the builds don't interest me. A lot of the smaller sets, from a building point of view, are not what I look for when buying sets.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,500
    I don't have a complete theme, but I do have "done with" themes. The Lego Movie is done for me, as is Lord of the Rings. I don't feel the need to get every set, just the ones I consider iconic to the theme. I imagine my opinion on what is iconic is particular to me, so there's little point in me sharing it, except to encourage @JudgeChuck to buy Orthanc ;-)
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    If counting individual CMF series then I do have series 14 and 15.  Otherwise nothing.  I do have a mostly complete Elves line although missing a poly bag or two.  
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    Modulars.
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,093
    MaffyD said:
    I don't have a complete theme, but I do have "done with" themes. The Lego Movie is done for me, as is Lord of the Rings. I don't feel the need to get every set, just the ones I consider iconic to the theme. I imagine my opinion on what is iconic is particular to me, so there's little point in me sharing it, except to encourage @JudgeChuck to buy Orthanc ;-)
    LOL! I'm still holding out... ;-)

I'm similar to you, in respect of collecting themes. There are a couple more LOTR sets that I want, a couple of The Hobbit, one or two more The LEGO Movie and I'll continue getting the Ultimate minifigs for Nexo Knights, but no main sets.
    I'm being realistic with the modulars and other retired sets as, much as I would love a Grand Emporium, Green Grocer, Cafe Corner, Imperial Flagship and the rest of the WV line, I'm unlikely to be able to afford them.
    MaffyD
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,623
    I own all four Minecraft Micro Worlds; The Dark Knight Tumbler & Bat-Pod; Both Simpsons Direct To Consumer sets & both Simpsons CMF Series'.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    edited April 2016
    I guess the first set line I have 100% completion in is Mixels and I intend to keep that up as LEGO release more and more Mixels :o)

I'd like to say I'm 100% complete with the Bionicle reboot sets too, but I'm still missing the Inside Tour Gali mask and the 2016 Accessory Pack, but they are both extremely hard to find for sale at a reasonable price. Well, there's 8 unique solid gold masks that were given out in competitions too but I think I've got to draw the line somewhere!

I surprisingly have 4 other themes where I own over 70% of the sets too: Speed Champions, Jurassic World, Nexo Knights and Hero Factory, however they together only make up 21% of my total collection. Testament to how diverse my tastes are perhaps?

Oh, and if it counts, I also have the vast majority of all the dragon models (including moulded ones) that LEGO have released. I'm just missing about 5 or so.
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 196
    I thought it was Mars Mission, but I'm darned if I can recall ever having the trike, now that I come to look over the theme here; I certainly bought all the sets I could find.  Still have the astronaut mothership, the big driller vehicle (the one they nicked from Armageddon) and the awesome-looking shuttle from the base assembled.

Failing that, the database tells me Agents is the one and only theme I have 100% of, and while several of the smaller ones have been taken apart, a lot of the big stuff is still proudly on show - the mission HQ truck, the volcano base, the giant robot, the speedboat and sports car.  Ultra Agents is a close second, but was sabotaged by my delaying until a couple of sets had sold out - somehow it just didn't look that good in photos, until I actually started buying and building sets and discovering, wow, these rock - and Lego not putting the final ones on retail shelves; I don't like buying online at the best of times, and the Lego site is a long way from the best of times at that, so I let them slide.

I was in the running to get all of The Hobbit - I hadn't bothered with LotR, just enough to get the Fellowship, but since gathering all of Thorin's company required so many sets anyway, and I did rather like them in any case (the 'small bits of architecture' motif that was an ill fit for LotR's grandeur actually struck me as pleasantly apropos to Hobbit's series of vignette adventures).  But the Five Armies sets sold out from retail in the blink of an eye - Christmas shopping, of course, but they were never restocked - and I ended up with just the second Laketown set of that last series.  Not tremendously bothered, given how Five Armies turned out as a film.

I'm being rather thorough with the Marvel and DC Superheroes lines - not at all to completion as the database sees it, what with all the polybags that I never even get  whiff of, not to mention exclusives and whatnot (and I'm not interested in the Mighty Micros), but when it comes to regular sets on retail shelves, it's a guarantee I'll be hauling a bunch of boxes home as soon as they're out.
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 312
    Dr who!  I also have the complete fairground series (unless you include #10196, which I don't since it was made several years before the other sets).  Granted neither of these are a proper series.

I will have all dimensions packs by May, just missing Jay and the ones that come out in May... Unless I need every version of the starter pack to have a complete series.
  • iliketoastiliketoast AustraliaMember Posts: 258
    I'm only missing Mr Gold from the CMF line..
    tallblocktooCircleK
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,449
    My first post-Dark Age complete set was the #10188 Death Star. No complete Themes. but I have all the Bionicle BOHROKs assembled and suspect several other Bionicle subthemes are complete (without packaging), but most of it is jumbled in 3 big tubs waiting to be sorted.
  • GentlyBenevolentGentlyBenevolent Member Posts: 327

My first complete series was the Monster Fighters sets, (including Poly-Bags & accessory items), still remorseful about selling them all :( .

I do have the all the Lego City Arctic sets including #60064 Arctic Supply Plane which was EOL'ed early and I missed in the shops but I managed to get a mint sealed one for not too much over RRP and not the silly ebay price.

Looking forward to the Lego City Volcano Explorers sets when they come along.

• CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    I have all the regular CMF Series except Mr. Gold. I also have all the Scooby Doo sets, but no dimensions or DVD fig. 

I've been complete / nearly complete with other themes in the past, like Monster Fighters, LotR, Hobbit, DC Batman II but I ended up selling a lot of them or in the case of Batman - stopped buying the latest releases.

• ricardo616ricardo616 Member Posts: 44
    The only truly 100% complete (including all polys and such) line I have is Monster Fighters, which is the theme that brought me out of my dark ages. Depending if you include Dimensions or not, I also have completed Scooby-Doo and Jurassic World, and I'm only missing a couple of polys for a complete Marvel Superheroes line too.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,754
    Until recently I was convinced I had 1999's Space Port completed, but apparently there's a Space Port Jet, a Surveillance Helictoper and a bunch of polybags that I never knew about at the time (not in the UK catalogue, y'see). I don't need the polybags to complete a theme to my satisfaction, but that jet in particular irks me...
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    Mixels. Almost Elves, but I don't have every bit that's come out globally. I'm ok with that. It's too much ~stuff~ for me to have hanging around... I just get what I think makes things mentally complete, but I don't go out of my way to get every variation or set if it doesn't strike my fancy.
    catwrangler
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,393
    Atlantis or Pharaoh's Quest.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    LotR/Hobbit except Comic Con items. That was first. Followed quickly by Jurassic World. There are CMF series that probably beat both of those, but I've always thought of those as a different animal.
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 853
    I have a complete set of the super heroes line MFs 
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 274
    Monster fighters, minus the polybags. 
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,869
    As a kid, I got nearly all of 1st wave Alpha Team - all of the good guy sets (#6772, #6773, #6774, #6775), and #6771 (a small set with the villain). I missed #6676, the villain's base. It was way out of my budget then, though the amount is reasonable for me now - a lot of sets are like that. It's around MSRP used on BL and that's on my wantlist.

I have all of Friends Pop Star. My dark age ended due to a bunch of 2015 sets on clearance this January, including #41104. That reminded me of my Lady Gaga phase and I got to work on the rest of the series. #41135 was a cool mansion in and of itself, didn't just buy it for completeness.
    I have the complete fairground series (unless you include #10196, which I don't since it was made several years before the other sets).
    #41004, #3932 and #3939 are some earlier Friends music sets. I don't count them, but I did get 41004 and 3932 to add to the theme.

• RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 343
    I'm expecting the 5th Scooby Doo set to arrive tomorrow (the plane). Does that count as a full set of Scooby Doo without the Dimensions pack?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,761
    RogerKirk said:
    I'm expecting the 5th Scooby Doo set to arrive tomorrow (the plane). Does that count as a full set of Scooby Doo without the Dimensions pack?
    I would say so. Dimensions is its own thing.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,290
    Mighty Micros! And although I haven't got any of the sets, I do have a complete collection of all three Nexo Knights magazines.
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 618
    I can't remember:  it was either Vikings or Rock Raiders.  It depends on when I finally acquired those small Kabaya-packaged RR sets, and whether I got them before or after I bought all the Vikings sets back in the day.

I'm getting closer with Classic Space, and Star Wars is a never-ending battle...
  • Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 142
    Complete whole boxed LotR line icnluding Tower of Orthanc followed by complete Winter Village few months later.
  • mpfirnhabermpfirnhaber Member Posts: 65
    I've never completed a series by buying sets, but I have strategically collected just enough parts to build any Classic Space or Futuron set.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,059
    I'd have to say the classic western theme with the exception of a couple of the Native American sub theme sets.
    ryjay
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 205
    ^I'd love to have a complete classic Western set.  As it stands, the only line I've completed is The Lone Ranger.
    ryjay
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,281
    which must not look bad either. there are also western sets in toy story. if you can get them all I think you can make a decent city?
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 205
    Right, I re-purposed the sheriff's office from #7594 to make a saloon.  I did the same to a second sheriff's office from #79109 to make a general store.  Even the Western sets from other themes are heavy on law enforcement :D !
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    RogerKirk said:
    Sure.

There's a new Scooby minifig coming with the DVD.
  • RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 343
    RogerKirk said:
    Sure.

There's a new Scooby minifig coming with the DVD.
    Is that what the polybag to be released this year is for? May need to look in to that...
  • TheBrickPalTheBrickPal USAMember Posts: 45
    Mixels!
    SumoLego