Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

40221 / 60134 (Fun in the Park)

groundedgrounded Central OhioMember Posts: 73
Has anyone heard anything about #40221 lately? This was the small 'seasonal' set that had park benches, the statue and the bike, among other items....

Like many others, I wrongly assumed this was going to be the freebie for the Brick Bank release, but that never happened.

I'm starting to wonder if #60134 (Fun in the Park) has superceded this set. It's similar in content.... Or maybe this set would be released as the freebie for this year's possible Creator Expert 'Amusement Park' quasi sub-theme set that has yet to be announced.

Thanks for any insight.

Comments

• catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    I never realised there'd been a smaller set planned with the same name, but it does look as if they may just have subsumed it into the big set. I wish we had a release date for that; I'm really looking forward to getting it!
    Legopassion8
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,364
    It's still comin'.
    Lego_Star
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,102
    edited March 2016
    Is it a seasonal set or an actual set? Guessing it may be a poly bag?
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,477
    edited March 2016
    Actual set IIRC.

I'd imagine it will be released during the summer holidays, when kids are at the park and the weather is nice.
  • glosminifigfanglosminifigfan United KingdomMember Posts: 94
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,893
    ^Fantastic! Glad to know when that will be as I will be putting off buying stuff until then.
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,477
    I was expecting to see #60134 on the other end of that link. Still no news on its release then?

#40221 looks nice and all but I wish it wasn't an exclusive. 
  • 3stackshs3stackshs Member Posts: 299
    edited April 2016
    AllBrick said:
    I was expecting to see #60134 on the other end of that link. Still no news on its release then?

#40221 looks nice and all but I wish it wasn't an exclusive. 
    Via US [email protected]

AllBrick
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    edited April 2016
    Don't quote me, boy! I ain't say sh-t!!!
    Ironically, just last night I was thinking that a decent park/zoo might would compliment the modular range. Kinda like Central Park in NYC.  

This set looks really neat. I like the baby, the wheel chair, and the large assortment of Minifigures! 
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    edited April 2016
    I'm not big on the Fun in the Park set, but I do like the fountain one. I'll probably push off purchasing the Porsche until June so I can get the fountain with it.

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized the Porsche doesn't release until June 1st anyway.
    bandit778
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,061
    Is the winged statue a reference to some existing statue?  It looks odd to me.