Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    VorpalRyu said:
    Strange event for me on twitter, tonight the daughter of actor Martin Landau, Juliet Landau (she played Drusilla on Buffy the Vampire Slayer), started following my twitter account for my Lego Ideas project..... & I have no idea why.....
    she likes lego?
    and for any one who is having a hard time (like me) placing the face with the name.

catwrangler
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,829
    Having some relatives over. Now I can give them my LEGO/DUPLO gifts. :)
    Finally found clearance LEGO at Target. #70790 and 2 #70141 half off. 2 #10686 a third off. About to part them out. Will go back for another #10686. It'll help if I get some quick BrickLink orders for this stuff.
    catwrangler
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    Well I heard Taylor Swift stalks my posts on Brickset because sh...I'm awesome!

On Subject:

Finished the Ghostbusters firehouse HQ. Lost Slimmer in process.

Received magazines from @iso3200. Awesome job, bro!

Watched wife spend all of Saturday playing Lego Dimensions. That was cool. The emergence of the nerd class of women is great for humanity. Maybe our only hope? 

Put a couple of Mixels together, too! Pretty awesome weekend except losing BendyBeavers lotto. Thought 7 was lucky :P

iso3200
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,229
    edited April 2016
    Checked twitter this morning just to be sure I wasn't hallucinating. Nope, it wasn't some weird dream caused by over tiredness, Juliet Landau is definitely following my twitter account for my Lego Ideas project... The question is....WHY?

catwranglerSumoLegoJudgeChuck
    @VorpalRyu Her wiki article doesn't list Marvel work, rather some DC roles. So I'm also confused.

The Target cashier recognized me. "Again?" Yes, I'm a collector/reseller... Bricklink is better than eBay because the fees are lower and it has LEGO-specific features...
    VorpalRyu
  • GlenThomasGlenThomas New JerseyMember Posts: 1
    I haven't opened it up yet, but one of the guys at the Lego store I went to today helped me get a janitor minifig. He's great and he's helped me find specific figures in the past when my fiancée and I just couldn't feel around for the right one. Got that and a little 3-in-1 set for cheap, too!

Currently trying to figure out exactly how to fit all of my sets in my room, though. Ever since I started collecting again and restarted my collection about 2 years ago, I've been losing more and more space. Shelves and other display-oriented furniture is in my future. Also, this is my first post here, so hello Brickset forum! :^)
    snowhitiecatwranglermr.piggles
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 667
    That moment when you realize, after a few months of slowly bricklinking Green Grocer, that it was the MODIFIED sand green 1x2 brick with the groove down the middle that is the most expensive sand green piece. $3-$4 for ONE 1x2. And it requires 56 of them.
    brumey
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,806
    Welcome to the forums @GlenThomas!
    Yes, welcome @GlenThomas.

@flord, which is why I won't be Bricklinking GG or CC, although I am currently putting together a few MOC modular designs, which I may eventually build...
    flord said:
    That moment when you realize, after a few months of slowly bricklinking Green Grocer, that it was the MODIFIED sand green 1x2 brick with the groove down the middle that is the most expensive sand green piece. $3-$4 for ONE 1x2. And it requires 56 of them.
    i think if i tryed to  Bricklink a set like this one. i would change the main color from sand green to a cheaper one. or even a color i own in spare parts. i have a lot of color's from #10695 as i own 9 of that set.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2016
    @flord  Green Grocer works very well using a masonry brick as a substitution for the grooved one.
    chrisalddinflord
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,645
    edited April 2016
    @flord to add to that, I think about 10 or so of those 1x2 with groove are placed in such a way the groove does not show to the outside of the model so if you are not insistent on 100% accuracy you can use plain 1x2s in those instances. 

Personally I went with making mine a Red Grocer in spite of my love for sand green. Numerous fire stations with garage doors over the years make red 1x2s with groove quite cheap.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 893
    Saw two retired sets at my local toy shop at the weekend - Sopworth camel and Metal beards sea cow. I love finding old sets in local toy shops. I already have the sea cow and don't want the Sopworth (although it does look impressive!) 
    catwrangler
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 893
    Worst. Toy. Ever....

@iso3200 @chrisalddin @Bumblepants  So to solve this problem, I'm just going to use a regular 1x2 sand green piece instead of the grooved one. Hopefully it looks ok. I was planning on using just regular green bricks for the back of the building which does not get seen. The good thing though is that 1x1, 1x2 and 1x4 sand green is readily available and cheap since it's currently found in the Toy and Grocery Shop.

flord said:
    @iso3200 @chrisalddin @Bumblepants  So to solve this problem, I'm just going to use a regular 1x2 sand green piece instead of the grooved one. Hopefully it looks ok. I was planning on using just regular green bricks for the back of the building which does not get seen. The good thing though is that 1x1, 1x2 and 1x4 sand green is readily available and cheap since it's currently found in the Toy and Grocery Shop.

my self i would build it in LDD to test it.
    edited April 2016
    @chrisalddin @flord Here's one I made earlier. Well, it's 99% complete anyway. Still got a couple of details to finish off but never seem to get around to it. Personally I like the masonry bricks a lot - and they're much cheaper than sourcing the grooved originals. Currently 19p each on LRP

chrisalddinflordcatwrangler
    edited April 2016
    @iso3200 The masonry ones do look good. Where did you find them? Lego doesn't list it in sand green on Pick a Brick. Is it on Bricks and Pieces or are those from Bricklink? I like the green canopy as well. The original blue arches are stupidly expensive.

@chrisalddin  There's no way I have the time to assemble it in LDD to see how it looks unfortunately.

edited April 2016
    Yes, they are on Bricks and Pieces element number 98283 at 19p (UK price), but there's quite a few sellers on Bricklink that are cheaper, though I guess it all boils down to the shipping costs going to Canada.

I think the price has gone up a bit on the Lego site recently. I'm sure they were cheaper when I bought mine.
    edited April 2016
    flord said:

@chrisalddin  There's no way I have the time to assemble it in LDD to see how it looks unfortunately.

dont know what the rules are on here about other lego forums and posting url link or even saying it name on here, but there is one forum out there that has a long list of LDD file and LDraw. when i make a Moc of a Set i use that file as a starting point.
    even i am not willing to build a 2000 part set in LDD from scratch if i dont have to.
    chrisalddin said:

dont know what the rules are on here about other lego forums and posting url link or even saying it name on here, but there is one forum out there that has a long list of LDD file and LDraw. when i make a Moc of a Set i use that file as a starting point. 
    even i am not willing to build a 2000 part set in LDD from scratch if i dont have to.
    If it's the one someone mentioned previous on here, I wouldn't bother personally. Several models I looked over had numerous incorrect parts & before you ask, yes those parts were readily available in the version numbers of LDD they listed next to those models. Some of the models I couldn't even understand why they would use the "substitutions" they had gone with, the Marvel models in particular that I grabbed were a mess of wrong. 
    My LEGO gifts went over well. The 2 year old was crying and got her DUPLO set early (Mom's idea). Helped calm her down. The 7 year old started on the Elves set right away.

@GlenThomas when I was at the Victor NY LEGO store, I overheard employees helping people feel for CMF's. So it's not a fluke. However, Janitor is one of the ones I had some luck feeling for, long stick and mop head.

I often change building plans based on what I have. What can be bought cheaper is a logical extension. Customizing a modular seems like that idea on a larger scale.
    SumoLegocatwrangler
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,968
    Look what the postman has just brought me! 
    Thought I'd blow my VIPs and treat myself :-) 

bandit778GothamConstructionCocheshirecatLostInTranslationtallblocktoocatwrangler
    Again, my Marvel collection is as complete as it's going to get for now (until TLG release the rest of the Marvel sets for this year), got to love websites that have birthday celebration sales. Of course, unless I get a windfall like a nice, big lottery win, the Spider-Woman & Spider-Man SDCC minfigures will not be joining the collection any time soon. @xiahna also scored a few more Elves sets, just two more & her Elves collection will be up to date.

It's after 01:09, April the 27th here, so that means Anthony is official two years old, probably should get wrapping his presents (including yet more Duplo) so we can head to bed some time soon.
    bendybadgertallblocktoolegonut80catwranglerbandit778snowhitieMaffyDxiahna
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 872

More the wifes status than mine, made by my mother in law with her selected minifigs (hence the intentional odd earings).  She is a happy bunny!
    er.jpg 24.9K
    catwranglertallblocktoobandit778jadedanc
    just got done with #10248.
    is a nice build, and i love the detail on it.
    did it as a right hand drive.
    i seem to be building about 550 lego part's a day.
    as this is a over 1100 part's set. and it took me 2 days.
    time to get back to price watching.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,354
    flord said:
    I bet you were "flord" when you saw the prices of those bricks ;)
    SprinkleOtterVorpalRyuflordYodaliciousricecakeBumblepantsJern92
    Wanted to check a store I haven't been to in awhile. Marshalls was on the way home, Walmart wasn't.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,354
    KingAlanI said:
    Wanted to check a store I haven't been to in awhile. Marshalls was on the way home, Walmart wasn't.
    That's interesting. I bought batteries today, but they weren't included.
    SprinkleOtter
  • Tufted_duckTufted_duck Edinburgh Member Posts: 77
    Currently set at warm glow. Just received a treat myself bricklink purchase of 6848 Strategic Pursuer! Looking forward to building it later and hopefully no missing bits. First lego set i remember having bought for me. 
    cheshirecatPitfall69snowhitiecatwrangler
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    lol.  

this dude ordering from my bricklink store telling me not to tell his wife!!!
    chrisalddinbendybadgersnowhitiexiahna
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    ^^ Loving some futuron love. Just completed my futuron colleciton and its still as joyful as I remember. 
    catwrangler
    VorpalRyu said:
    Checked twitter this morning just to be sure I wasn't hallucinating. Nope, it wasn't some weird dream caused by over tiredness, Juliet Landau is definitely following my twitter account for my Lego Ideas project... The question is....WHY?

Ask her....
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,089
    Aha! My #9471 Uruk-Hai Army turned up today, so I'll be adding that to my newly-built Helm's Deep and couple of additional #30211 Uruk-Hai with ballista that I picked up.
    MaffyDbrumeySi_UKNZ
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,089
    ^Err, perhaps she's a massive LEGO and Marvel Agents of SHIELD fan? :-)
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    With the looks of it she follows everybody.

Im not on twitter but is that the norm to follow 63k people? 
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,251
    I guess it is when you are drusilla
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 312
    I finally got around to ordering replacement parts and rebuilding the petshop after dropping it on the town hall 3 years ago when I moved.  Now to rebuild the town hall.

Also, my wife surprised me by finding my Valentine's day VIP keychain which was misplaced a couple years ago.
    ^ cool trains.
    i am not going to buy any.
    no no no.
    i dont have the cash for all the lago i wish to get now,
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    edited April 2016
    i secretly purchase train tracks from time to time.  already have 5x #7896 2x #7895 and 3x #7499 ...      only waiting for a cool train that i like.   emerald style or wildwest style or harry potter style or monster fighter style...     just YE OLDE STYLE!

dat train video is boss!
    chrisalddinSalamalexcatwrangler
    VorpalRyu said:
    Ask her....
    Ask her? Just ask her?!? Isn't it like one of the unwritten rules of Twitter etiquette you don't ask a celebrity why they're following you?

In other news, clean up of my social media accounts and email addresses will finally be happening this weekend, including creating new social media accounts for our Lego blog.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,455

Your Google now cards reveal a great deal about you Lp8... mine are very similar!

That Lego train vid is really cool. I had to really restrain myself from looking at practically dozens of other videos along similar lines (bad pun)! I especially liked the bit outside. You don't see Lego outdoors very often.

catwrangler
    ^Im an open book, yo! :P
    MaffyD
  • legodad1legodad1 New ZealandMember Posts: 48
    Have recently packed away all my Lego in preparation for a house-move, but have since then purchased two more sets: #41062 Elsa's Sparkling Ice Castle for my girls and #60112 Fire Engine for myself. Looking forward to the big unboxing post-move.

catwrangler
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 273
    Finally gave in and started the brick bank even though there's nowhere to put it once I've built it. 
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 872
    Feeling like I'm swallowing Lego bricks atm :(
  • Gtc29Gtc29 Australia Member Posts: 2
    Came out of my dark age last month with Corner Delhi #31050, Bike Shop and Cafe #31026 and Toy and Grocery shop #31036, bought over a month..... 
    And now, after my Girlfriend left me alone with my credit card and iPad.... I have a Parisian Restaurant on the way. 

lego is addictive.
    LostInTranslationsnowhitieLegoboybendybadgermr.pigglesbrumeylegonut80Salamalex
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    im excited!! I have 2 of these in my house!! 
    Rsa3377ncaachampssnowhitie