Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Selling my Lego FABULAND - (AUS) to US, UK, AUS, Germany and please enquire

legobub74legobub74 AustraliaMember Posts: 31
Hello Lego Fans,

I know, you may not know me yet. However I would like to sell my beloved Lego Fabuland Sets, complete or imcomplete and lots of accessories and figurines, so that I can support my son to get him a bicycle and a trampoline.

Unfortunately I need to let go of those lovely items of my childhood's past.

Nevertheless it goes for a good cause which my little son will appreciate, i hope so.

Please feel free to provide me with offers of those Lego Fabuland items.
If you cannot PM me or notify me, feel free to leave a comment, so that I get back in touch with you.

Postage cost, i try to keep those cost as low as possible and not trying to make any money on this.

For Australian Buyers, if you purchase more than $100 worth of Lego Fabuland items, I may consider to send them "Free of postage charge".

For International Buyers, I may consider a "postage discount", depending on what the actual postage charge will be to your location.

All items usually I send with tracking.

These are my Lego Fabuland Sets complete and incomplete

These are my Lego Fabuland accessories from the Left:

These are my Lego Fabuland accessories from the Right:

These are all my Lego Fabuland Figurines:

Those are the items which I couldn't throw out, but might be useful for something.

I found another Plane and a second Co-Pilot.

AllBrickakunthitakiki180703snowhitieSumoLegosklambbobabricks

Comments

• legobub74legobub74 AustraliaMember Posts: 31
    edited April 2016
    Alright, I can understand that Lego Fabuland may or might not be everyone's apple.

If there is no further movement this week, I have to close down this offer and put these Lego Fabuland Sets back in its boxes and wait another 20 years before selling it again.

Thanks so much for your interest.

Please administrator can you close this thread on the end 24. April 2016?
    Thanks so much for your patience.
    Just to let you know:

I may have never sold here anything and haven't established a certain trusted feedback towards all of you Brickset members.

Just ask yourself for once or put yourself in my shoes, I don't know you either, it is totally imperative to me, if you have a good feedback or not. If something goes wrong, we are all humans and we will act irrational when things go wrong and it doesn't go our way as we want it. So please, provide me with your thoughts or comments what am I missing here? Why am I still sitting on my Lego Fabuland and it doesn't sell?
    Have I done something wrong or is it just Lego Fabuland is no longer wanted?

If you judge my Lego Fabuland Sets on the merit that you don't know me, I don't know you either.

So please feel free to enquire anything, if you are interested and would like to know more or get better pictures of those Lego Fabuland items.

It would be nice, if it would be just more than looking at this post.

My son is a bit disappointed that it seems that Lego Fabuland isn't people's interest anymore and is almost considered as a give away for nothing or put back in the box for another 20 years?

Anyway, I am not giving up yet and hope that a good home with someone interested in them would like to have them to enjoy Fabuland.

Thank you very much for your consideration.
    If you like trading or swapping Fabuland with some different Lego Sets, please feel free to enquire or to offer, my son will tell me what he likes or not.

Thanks
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,060
    Hi,

I think your collection looks nice and it definitely brings back memories from when I was a kid.

About your selling them, I think firstly, you are obviously a new poster but I guess with pick up our other guarantees you could work something out. But Brickset might not be the right place for you, seeing as it's more a forum for Lego-enthusiasts that sometimes want to do a deal. Maybe eBay or something like Gumtree (don't know that it wild be called in Australia).

I think the biggest problem is you are not saying how much you want for your Lego. You mention postage, but no prices. Maybe you could list the exact sets there are, even if you want to sell as a job lot. I can imagine prospective buyers rather have an overview than having to look through pictures (although I have to commend you for provided detailed pictures).

I think the more info you give, the easier you are going to find a seller. Anyway, hope this helps. I myself am not in the market for this but I wanted to put in my two cents.

Good luck!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,313
    It's also a bad time to sell. The northern hemisphere is coming into spring. Sunny longer days mean less lego time.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,313
    I'd put it on eBay or bricklink. You will do better there than here.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,761
    As snowhitie said, you posted no prices. I have some Fabuland stuff myself, mixed in with the rest of my unsorted LEGO, but I got it all in mixed lots with other LEGO. Organizing into sets and setting prices would probably make your stuff more likely to sell. 
    Thank you very much for commenting here.

I have tried ebay and nothing happened for weeks, I tried lowering the prices too.
    All what it seems that I have to give it away for under its value, but that's not going to happen.

Last time when I posted here my Lego Fabuland and have put prices on it, nothing happened here either, even less, no one even did comment.

Just to let you know, I didn't put prices up as I wrote "Please feel free to provide me with offers of those Lego Fabuland items." That means you negotiate what you would like to have with me to get the price you would like to spend on it and I might sell it for that offered price.
    Postage cost varies so much to send outside of Australia and that's why I put it in a general term to do a good discount on those postage cost, when I would know, where it should go. All what it needs is an offer on Lego Fabuland of at least the value of $100 Australian Dollars. If it is less, postage cost will be kept to normal charge as the value isn't worth to discount.
    Everything is up to good negotiation.

Nevertheless I wrote also that I would be open to trades with some other Lego, what my little son likes very much to play with.

It just depends, if someone is willing to discuss this and know how to get in contact with me.

Bricklink to sell, I wouldn't know how to do this as I don't want to open a Lego online shop.

Tried looking into Gumtree here in Australia and someone else has its Lego Fabuland running for months now.

It seems that Lego Fabuland is just not anymore in.

I just thought to put it in here, as this is most likely to find a Lego Fabuland enthusiast, who might be interested.

This post will be anyway closed on the weekend, so don't worry, when this Lego Fabuland disappears from this page, so it will go back for another 20 years of storage before it sees the daylight again.

Thanks for your interest, but still nothing happens here.

EDIT:

If I would get a reasonably good offer for the whole Fabuland lot, I am willing to let go with a certain loss as my boy would be very delighted to be able to buy himself something he wanted to get.

However I have checked out Bricklink and it took me a week to make a figure for the whole lot. Please don't understand me wrong, I am in the end realistic and do know in fact that it would be nice to get what Bricklink provides in their price guide, even the lowest average prices i checked, but i don't think that anyone would pay this amount of the Bricklink figure.

For the loose Parts (inclusive those "Incomplete Sets", accounted for as Parts only now)
    Bricklink checked, approx. $685 Australian Dollar.
    For those Complete and almost Complete Sets (a half Amusement Park or substituted Parts), checked Bricklink, but also my previous ebay purchase Orders, approx. $469 Australian Dollars.

Figurines checked in Bricklink and gone to the lowest price approx. $125 Australian Dollars.

In total, the figures would be around $1279 Australian Dollars or in
    US Dollars $987
    British Pound £695
    Euro €872

I don't think that this is a very realistic price I may settle with as Bricklink is to be used as a guide and not as is.

So from my understanding, if I might at least get half or a bit less than half the calculated price for the lot, I think my son would be very happy with.

I told him that, we would be very lucky just to get at least probably $600 for the lot, but it would take time.

By the way, yes I am new in this forum here, but should that stop me from trying to find a Lego Fan community to offer those Lego Fabuland items to? Anyone has started from the beginning here with zero and worked things out. Should I not be able to find the right interested person to own this lot?

Thanks for reading.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,060
    Yes you are new, but most people on here come for the info, stay for the banter and then start doing deals with people they know and trust. This site is not set up as a marketplace.

And you can say, I'm new but I don't know you either, okay, but you are the one who is seeking to sell, so if somebody transfers money to you there is only trust at their end that you will then send it. There are no guarantees here so if you just take the money and go there is nothing stopping you. Of course, I'm not saying you will do that, just trying to explain why it's more complicated then 'everybody has to start somewhere'. At least on bricklink or eBay there are systems in place. I'm not trying to be negative, only want to help you. (Something that we like to do on Brickset)

Prices on bricklink, especially if you say calcuting per item are going to leave you disappointed if you want to sell as bulk. It might take years for people to buy those figurines. On top of that, things are quite pricy in Australia and there are not that many Australians on here in my experience.

Fabuland is a bit of a niche though, so that makes things harder too. Anyway, at least with all these extra posts your thread keeps going to the top so if there is sunshine looking for fabuland, you might be in luck!
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 512

I considered inquiring about buying a small set or two, or perhaps a couple of figures, but I was worried about the cost of postage from Australia to the US. The recent rise in US postage rates also means that an exchange of small sets would cost both of us a large amount of shipping charges. Your reference to buying $100 Australian worth of Lego made me feel you weren't interested in dealing with very small purchases in any case. If you look at other "for sale" threads, you'll see that large purchases are usually made within a country rather than internationally, because of the cost of postage. As Snowhitie said, I think there are relatively few users of Brickset from Australia. That does limit your ability to find interested potential buyers here.

I hope you do find someone willing to pay a reasonable price for your very nice collection, but I'm afraid it will take patience and a fair amount of work. Very best of good wishes while you decide what to do!

Yes, you are correct "sklamb", the postage cost is quite high from Australia to the US but only if it exceeds more than 1kg, it is even better when it is around 500g than those costs are even lower.

Use our Standard packaging Send your parcel for a flat rate using a postage-prepaid satchel or box.

Product               Size                       Weight             Price
    Small satchel       22.5 x 35.5cm       Up to 500g     
    Postage $23.72
    Extra cover $9.60
    Total# $33.32

Medium satchel  26.5 x 37.5cm        Up to 1kg        
    Postage $41.18
    Extra cover $9.60
    Total# $50.78

Large satchel      31 x 40.5cm           Up to 2kg 
    Postage $64.63
    Extra cover $9.60
    Total# $74.23

Box                  22.5 x 31 x 10.2cm   Up to 5kg
    Postage $84.35
    Extra cover $9.60
    Total# $93.95

Insurance for something around $50 dollar, I will cover those costs as it helps to recoup cost, if item is lost or stolen. This means, you will also get your money refunded and I get my money back from the postal insurance claim.

I don't mind selling or offering little sets of this bulky lot from Lego Fabuland it is just that no-one really has started talking to me here yet. It is just you all right now. If you tell me what you are interested in, i can tell you what the cost would be or you make me a price offering, i am happy either way so that I know, we are both satisfied with the outcome. I don't try to get rich on it, it is just that I would like to accommodate my little boys wish.

Yes of course, trust is here highly recommended, bricklink does have only a feedback system similar to ebay in place, in the end there is the trust as well.

Ebay has made its own system, however with a few loopholes to it.

In the end, I am collecting Legos since 2001, I have my extensive Lego Bionicle collection besides my Lego Fabuland (my childhood memories too).
    Nevertheless I am visiting Brickset since 2006 and have seen its changes from worst to improvements and still could have some more tweaks.

Nevermind, I am quite happy with Brickset as it gives me an easy Lego database and info at the same time to figure out what I have and haven't got.

I am not so into discussing unnecessary things in other forums, this isn't my thing.
    I like and enjoy the trading, swapping and exchanging Lego, that's my kind of thing.

Payment is being done via Paypal only as this is a guarantee, if you do know the Paypal system a bit well. You actually can reclaim your money from the person you paid if you file a Paypal complaint against someone you have dealt with and you have not received your promised goods. So the money isn't really lost, you just need to know how.
    Yes, I consider myself trustworthy as I haven't tried to cheat anyone yet and most likely that I have been more cheated on but I still do move on and make my best of it.

However I haven't sold here anyhting yet to anyone, so  how can I be sure that you all be trustworthy?

I have to be open minded and thinking that you most likely are Lego Fans or some sort of interested in Lego. So why on earth shall I think in the first place that anyone should be a liar and cheat, even if there are trading, selling or offering Lego items to me or myself trying to cheat on you all.

I am not, doing this kind of thing to people, I have my Lego Fabuland wide open here to be seen and feel free to ask.

Yes, of course Australia isn't that small even in Lego interested people, which I have met so far. It is just Lego Fabuland isn't quite selling here as some people want it for almost nothing, and nothing I cannot do.

So please ask me even for little items or offering me a trade, my boy is collecting lots of Lego people he likes so much, too. He likes his Lego trucks, excavators, spaceships and more.

Please can this post be closed for now, I am creating a different one. I don't need this anymore. Thank you very much.
    Please close this Post, no longer needed. Thanks
    This hasn't been closed yet. Please close this post, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy Brickset.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.