Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

71040 "Minifigures" D2C speculation

Comments

• CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,345
    ^ This is park based, not film, so Mickey, Minnie, probably others. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,907
    This begs the greater question - should minifigures released in sets related to the CMF line be considered CMFs for completionists?

Toy Soldier, Mr. Gold, Team GB, Team Germany and the figs from the two Simpsons buildings?
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    But the real question is, will it come with free dining?
    CM4SmagriARo2891pharmjodkiki180703
    If it comes with free dining, it won't be available until the last week of November or early January.

Fiddlesticks!
    edited April 2016
    CM4S said:
    ^ This is park based, not film, so Mickey, Minnie, probably others. 
    That's a good point.  That way we can get more variations of the same figures instead of unique ones.  (Because I need four differwnt Homers.)

But you would have to atleast include a Cinderella? Right?

And a Walt Disney, as well.
    From what I've heard, neither. But maybe there are more!
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,113
    Does it come with a food stand selling extortionately price food and beverages.
    That's all part of the theme park experience after all.

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,708
    SumoLego said:
    This begs the greater question - should minifigures released in sets related to the CMF line be considered CMFs for completionists?

Toy Soldier, Mr. Gold, Team GB, Team Germany and the figs from the two Simpsons buildings?
    There is no CMF line for ultra-purist completionists. There is the Minifigures line, which are sometimes called collectable / collectible Minifigures by LEGO and others, but no official CMF line.

For me, the D2C sets are in the Minifigures range but not the CMF range, which doesn't exist anyway :-).
    SumoLego
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 635
    Would love to see Fantasia version of Micky in this.
    sonsofscevalegomattkiki180703
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    CM4S said:
    ^ This is park based, not film,

If this set is going to be park based it better come with a churro stand.
    CM4S
    ^ Is a dark flesh sausage close enough?

bobabricksSumoLegokiki180703
    CCC said:
    ^ Is a dark flesh sausage close enough?

With sparkles to give off that sugar look. A few sparkly dark flesh sausages should do the trick.
    Reposting from EB :

More news!

Incomplete list of figures:

- New Mickey
    - New Minnie with red polka dot dress
    - New Daisy with darker lavender outfit
    - Donald Duck
    - Tinkerbell 

Maybe there's more, but for now I don't know. Enjoy!
    CM4S said:
    Reposting from EB :

More news!

Incomplete list of figures:

- New Mickey
    - New Minnie with red polka dot dress
    - New Daisy with darker lavender outfit
    - Donald Duck
    - Tinkerbell 

Maybe there's more, but for now I don't know. Enjoy!

So no churro stand with sparkly dark flesh sausages yet? Maybe it'll be a poly promo.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,557
    Thanks! I'm guessing Mickey's will be in his tails suit that he wears at the Disney parks and parades and stuff?
    tamamahm
    ^^ what do we think the odds are on a Goofy or Pluto promo polybag, à la Mr Freeze ? ;-) 
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 852
    ^^ what do we think the odds are on a Goofy or Pluto promo polybag, à la Mr Freeze ? ;-) 
    I'd think the odds of that might be a little low, actually—promo polybags rarely include brand-new molds, and if they were to make molds for those figures it'd make more sense to put them in the set itself to better offset the cost. As such, if there were to be a promo polybag to tie in with this I'd think it'd be more likely to be a figure who wouldn't need new molds, though I don't know who would be most likely (especially if the four mascot characters from the CMF series are already covered). Maybe Cinderella herself, if she isn't in the actual set? Or maybe just a different version of Mickey. I dunno.
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    Lwill the castle include a zipline for Tinkerbell?

(When you wish upon a star...)
    magribobabricksRainstorm26kiki180703
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    Just give us pics already! The suspense is killing me.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,319
    Lyichir said:
    I'd think the odds of that might be a little low, actually—promo polybags rarely include brand-new molds, and if they were to make molds for those figures it'd make more sense to put them in the set itself to better offset the cost. As such, if there were to be a promo polybag to tie in with this I'd think it'd be more likely to be a figure who wouldn't need new molds, though I don't know who would be most likely (especially if the four mascot characters from the CMF series are already covered). Maybe Cinderella herself, if she isn't in the actual set? Or maybe just a different version of Mickey. I dunno.
    Unless they're already working on a mould for series 2 of the Disney CMFs anyway ;-)
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I will only buy this if it comes with a crane add-on.

https://www.facebook.com/wdwcrane/

chuckpFurrysaurusandheklatu003kiki180703
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,569
    ^don't forget the helicopter
    MynattBumblepants
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    I'm guessing a couple of little kid figs with Mouseketeer hats and if it follows the trend of recent D2C sets - one muther of a sticker sheet. 
    bobabricks
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 670
    I was really hoping for a disney princess team-up in minifig form for this... Now we have seen how well Ariel translates to minifigure form instead of minidoll, I'm eager for more!!
    edited April 2016
    Lyichir said:

This poly had new molds that never saw the light of day again...
    https://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?S=3573-1#T=S&O={}
    gmonkey76 said:
    And the Disney Lighthouse!
    gmonkey76flord
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 852
    Lyichir said:

This poly had new molds that never saw the light of day again...
    https://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?S=3573-1#T=S&O={}
    Huh, never realized that. Still, 2007 was almost ten years ago—and considering the lack of other examples in the interim, that would probably be better considered as an exception to the rule.
    bobabricks
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Maybe specific parts of Disneyland like "It's a Small World" ride (or front of it), or the Matterhorn with a working sled.
    edited April 2016
    SumoLego said:
    gmonkey76 said:
    And the Disney Lighthouse!

To which Legopassion replied:

"Somebody Lost?"

(I don't know what the hell is going on up there with the quotes....)
    edited April 2016
    I will only buy this if it comes with a crane add-on.

https://www.facebook.com/wdwcrane/

Very strange, but not as strange as the above post.
    My cursor got stuck in the grAy quote box and wouldn't come out. The rest was just fun!  0

(carry on...)
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 713
    Since it's a castle one can assume there will be spring-loaded missiles? For defense, of course.
    chuckpBumblepantsandhekiki180703
    Yep - in fact, the pillars can be moved down to form legs to make a walking castle. Battle armor Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Pluto included.
    catwranglersonsofscevaAanchirandhekiki180703
    ^ Or one green will do.
    wayneggPenkid11kiki180703
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    ^Keeping with the Disney theme of course!
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,864
    CM4S said:
    Yep - in fact, the pillars can be moved down to form legs to make a walking castle. Battle armor Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Pluto included.
    Heh, I know I've got friends who would happily line up to buy that. :P
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Aanchir said:
    CM4S said:
    Heh, I know I've got friends who would happily line up to buy that. :P
    Well, I did get this a while ago:

dannyrww77ncaachampsprevere
    edited May 2016

@Huw please could you change the title of this thread to "71040 D2C - Cinderella's Castle?" (with the question mark because it hasn't been confirmed, has it?)

Yes it has. I've listed figures on EB and someone new yesterday posted a rumored price.
    LostInTranslation
    It's not confirmed by LEGO though yet, is it?
    Shib
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    flord said:
    Since it's a castle one can assume there will be spring-loaded missiles? For defense, of course.
    Probably need 20 multi stud launchers for the firework effect.
    77ncaachampscatwrangler
    CCC said:
    It's not confirmed by LEGO though yet, is it?
    Not yet, of course! Only by me and a couple others.
    So it probably should have the question mark then, as it is not confirmed what this set is.

For example, is it Cinderella Castle, or Cinderella's Castle, or Disney World's Cinderella Castle, or Disney World's Cinderella's Castle, or Walt Disney World Cinderella Castle, etc ...

bobabricks
    Here I am, thinking there was something new.  I now understand what other people experience when they get their hopes up.

Blah!
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited May 2016
    ^meh, I used to get that feeling when threads had loads of posts and nothing had happened.  But recently someone told me there was a UCS Hoth set incoming - the let down feeling from that has kinda changed the way I feel about getting let down now (or at least it's moved the goalposts).  I wouldn't say that Assualt on Hoth has changed my life, but well, it's come close.
    bandit778catwrangler
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    ^ it definitely changed the lives of two snowtroopers. :0)

bandit778SumoLego
    So, something is out...

Tinkerbell has a trans lime wand and a new hairpiece!

The model looks AMAZING. One of the windows has small stud shooters I'm assuming represent fireworks. It's just so good!

Official reveal should be very soon.
    LostInTranslationMynattcatwrangler
    edited July 2016
    Aaaaagghhh the excitement!! 

Where can I find a pic? I neeeed to see it! 

• William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    I presume this is the the August VIP Item listed in the calendar?