Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Visiting Disneyland from overseas.

iliketoastiliketoast AustraliaMember Posts: 255
I have a friend visiting the U.S. from Australia early next month and the will be stopping at Disneyland. Is there anything special or unique that I should ask them to keep an eye out for?
I'd like to point them to the PAB wall, but they are non-AFOLs so I think it would be too hard to describe any pieces that I'm after.

Comments

• JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,378
    One of the few advantages of the current pick a model debacle is that all of the pick a brick walls are fairly similar. Assuming that the Downtown Disney store is stocking both models you can look at the parts list for the butterfly and plane and see if there are any pieces you'd like.

I've not been to that store so I don't know if there are any special collectibles specific to that location.
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    The PaB wall at Downtown Disney is bigger than the other LEGO stores in the area and always have a few more different pieces.

I have not seen any special collectibles specific to that store, or any store for that matter.

Each store seems to have a different set on sale each week. For example, this week, the Downtown Disney store had #60050 Train Station on sale while the store at Mission Viejo had #21023 Flatiron Building; I might check the store at Costa Mesa today since I'm in the mood for Ramen... there's a Ramen restaurant close by :)
    77ncaachamps
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    I visited the Downtown Disney Lego store two weeks ago.

Nothing that said "Disney" on it.

However, the Starbucks inside Disneyland and California adventure have special Starbucks mugs only found there: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/01/20/news-starbucks-you-are-here-collection-arrives-in-disney-parks-starbucks-locations/
  • DNADNA New York, USAMember Posts: 89
    This thread makes me miss my old stomping grounds. I'm originally from SoCal. I worked the Haunted Mansion attraction at Disneyland a loooong time ago. I remember getting a lot of headaches with the heat coupled with the dress. This was back in the late 80s and early 90s. Good times...

If I were there right now I'd be camping at In-N-Out. Cheeseburger animal style. Animal fries. Chocolate shake. Outside of the hole in the wall Mexican food places, it's the food I miss the most. We have no In-N-Outs here :(

iliketoast I hope your friends have a nice visit. 
    ricecakemonstblitz
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    If there's a building event going outside at the Anaheim Lego store be sure to keep staring down at the ground for loose Lego. Those kids go into a frenzy in those bins, tossing Lego everywhere. You can line your pockets full of free bricks. Better than letting the janitor sweep em up :P

(Don't try this out in the wild!)
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    they might have minifig key chains with flordia on it or in the build a minifig bar
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213
    I've been to the Lego store outside Disneyland (California) plenty of times and never really noticed anything unique. The one time I've been to the Lego store outside Disneyworld (Florida) they did have things I haven't seen in other Lego stores. Think it was things like cups, magnets, pens etc. with different names on them. Can't remember exactly what they had but I think it was bigger than the Disneyland store, so that's probably why they had them. I only bought a pack of playing cards.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    If they drove down to Carlsbad for LegoLand, MAYBE there will be something different.
    have them go to lego land and get the exclusive lego train. think they will let you in just for the shop
    dragon114 said:
    have them go to lego land and get the exclusive lego train. think they will let you in just for the shop
    From their FAQ:

Guests that are solely interested in shopping at LEGOLAND California Resort can purchase a full-price 1-day LEGOLAND only ticket at any ticket booth or Guest Services. You may spend up to 1 hour in the Park and receive a full refund on your ticket purchase. Your ticket can only be refunded at the outside Guest Services window and must show that it was scanned at the turnstile within the past 60 minutes. Please note that this offer is not valid during special events such as Brick-or-Treat Party Nights (Saturdays in October).
  • iliketoastiliketoast AustraliaMember Posts: 255
    edited April 2016
    Is it possible to get a list of what's available on the PAB wall?
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,378
    Only if someone has updated it on one of the websites like wallofbricks.com. I checked when you first posted and that store was woefully out of date. If you look at Nashville, which I updated about 2 weeks ago, most of the bricks in the middle rows are for the pick a model and should also be present in the Disney store. As they now send the same stuff out to every store there's a good chance that the rest of it will be there too.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 994
    dragon114 said:
    From their FAQ:

Guests that are solely interested in shopping at LEGOLAND California Resort can purchase a full-price 1-day LEGOLAND only ticket at any ticket booth or Guest Services. You may spend up to 1 hour in the Park and receive a full refund on your ticket purchase. Your ticket can only be refunded at the outside Guest Services window and must show that it was scanned at the turnstile within the past 60 minutes. Please note that this offer is not valid during special events such as Brick-or-Treat Party Nights (Saturdays in October).
    BTW, you can do the same thing at Disneyland, however I think you need a receipt to show you were shopping.
    have them go to legoland if they can and get the train i the i heart legoland torso from the bam bar.