Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

71014 DFB German Soccer Minifigs

CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
Scheduled for June/July release in Germany!

Enjoy! :)

MynattARo2891kiki180703GothamConstructionCo

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,147
    Ugh.  Not to be a downer, but what is the point?  

I have this set from 2000.  They're just wearing white without stripes...
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    How many players are the same from the 2000 squad?
    The faces and hair look different.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Why do they all have Groucho eye brows?
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,593
    Has to be the worst CMF to try and use the feel method to get.
    CM4SbluedragonLego_StarhmnicollAdeelZubair[Deleted User]brumey
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    Must be impossible, they share only a few hair pieces between them.
    CM4SMynatt
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    Not one for the minifig feelers judging by that photo. Nor an X-ray machine.

And doesn't at least one contain a football? Sorry, soccer ball? 
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,424
    CM4S said:
    Scheduled for June/July release in Germany!

Enjoy? :l

Fixed.
    CM4S
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    edited April 2016
    They're wearing Adidas. That's a pretty cool torso. I prefer Nikes and Jordans myself....
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 590
    edited April 2016
    I am a fan of limited edition figures from books, DVDs, and polybags and it extends to the GB Olympic figures and these. While they are not anything close to the GB figures, I would love to get some of these.

While I am dissapointed about all of the torsos being more or less the same I do think that it is cool to be getting many new head expressions on the flesh color.

I hope that some of these come with accessories such as trophies or a soccer ball.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    Yawn
    SumoLegokiki180703KingAlanI
    edited April 2016
    ^ I think your yawning woke me up.

(I should mention that I still want them anyway.  I am a blind, mindless completionist.)
    Lego_StargarethjedwardsMynattAdeelZubairkiki180703YodaliciousJELJ1S
    Maybe if they all came with a black fez...
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    I read somewhere that the release is actually mid May. I might be wrong on that but hooray for people who can get them!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,512
    The coach is a guaranteed five per box. Looks mom! I got three team managers! Yay!
    SumoLegochuckp
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 496
    As a collection of hair and expressions, it's actually rather fun...might have to pick up one or two on BrickLink.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,343
    On the plus side, the half white half fleshie arms are great. I don't know what everyone was expecting, the lack of interest is probably good proof as to why these are region specific.
    pharmjod
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    ^^Plus you know, they're soccer-oriented.....this isn't team GB where they can have 9 different sports represented.  Were people expecting anything beyond a group of minifigures wearing the exact same uniform except for the keeper and the manager?
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    Die Deutsch Finger Fühlern sind für eine harte Zeit!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,569
    As someone who gets overly excited by new hairpieces,  I'm loving this series :-) 
    Glad I'll be getting a set for my collection. Not as interesting as Team GB though admittedly. 
    Shibkiki180703chuckpgoshe7
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
    Lego_Star said:

And doesn't at least one contain a football? Sorry, soccer ball? 
    You got it right with "football". I'll start using the "S" word when the rest of the world starts calling American Football "Hand-Egg". :P
    AllBrickScatterbugARo2891kiki180703
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited April 2016
    ARo2891 said:
    ^^Plus you know, they're soccer-oriented.....this isn't team GB where they can have 9 different sports represented.  Were people expecting anything beyond a group of minifigures wearing the exact same uniform except for the keeper and the manager?
    It would have been nice to see a printed captain arm, or subs could have been wearing team jackets or.. well.. just something to make it a bit more interesting.
    I actually think Joachim Low is the best of the bunch - it looks just like him and I have to have that torso for a minifigure of me.  Just a shame its not a yellow chest.
    (Maybe the different double mould arms for the different skin colours will be useful too)

edit: where is Ozil? His face printing would actually have been interesting to see.
    edit again: do they have names and numbers on the backs? That would be cool, so I bet they probably don't.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited April 2016
    The photo does perfectly demonstrate the shittyness of the idea. It was just never going to work as well as the Team GB figures. If they were England (or Wales) I wouldn't even get them.

It would have been so cool if we could have had all 24 teams with 1 figure per team. It would have been like LEGO Panini and they'd have flown off the shelves with those who want a full team buying multiples. But, it would of course have been a licencing nightmare. 
    AllBrickpharmjod
    edited April 2016
    ^you missed your awesome Angela Merkel joke opportunity (the one from when I mentioned how hard it would be to feel them when they were first announced).  I was looking forward to it too.
    Anyway, one from each team would have been quite a lot better.  Like infinitely so.
    edited April 2016
    ^ It was touch and go making a joke about sexual assault the first time, but being topical I figured I'd get away with it. Think I'd be pushing my luck doing it again.
    MattsWhat
    Whoops... ten minutes of disbelief earlier and not pressing refresh...
    gmonkey76 said:
    Has to be the worst CMF to try and use the feel method to get.
    then...
    Must be impossible, they share only a few hair pieces between them.
    and finally late to the party, unaware of the similar comments and still in disbelief ...
    Lego_Star said:
    Oh LEGO what have you done? If ever a series needed barcodes back again like series 1 this is it! And why 16 figs? Football team 11, no? I feel a little shortchanged on Team GB being just 9 figs somehow, there were more than 9 sportsmen and women representing Team GB and there were more than 9 sports Great Britain was represented in too.

@Lego_Star

How could you forget my 'The finger feelers are in for a hard time'? 
    It was in German so I'll forgive the overlook this time. ;-)

RoskoboyLego_Starkiki180703
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,048
    @thebeermonkey - Well, let's say the words were German ;-) 
    MattsWhatLostInTranslationcheshirecatthebeermonkeyLego_Starkiki180703princedraven
    @Legopants

Google translate is not what it used to be! ;-)
    LegopantsLego_Starbobabricks
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,111
    I wonder why they stuck to the 16 format, when they've already shown their willingness to deviate from that for the Disney Series. Feel a bit sorry for the 7 players left out.
    edited April 2016
    Edit double post. 
    I think I count 10 new colours for hairpieces? Also realised after looking on BrickLink that the Larry hair is now also available in bright light yellow. More to add to my ever growing mini-wig collection! 
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    As expected it's extremely disappointing this series will not be available in the UK however as these are targeted towards Germany and European football fans it's totally understandable. At least they are available in two other countries outside of the main market unlike the Team GB series.

Had they been widly released I would have purchased the entire series; furthermore it would result an extremely difficult task to differentiate between ones that have the exact same hair pieces. Additionally these don't have accessories besides a ball between majority of the Minifigures and a printed 'Flat Tile 2x2' for the manager.

Given these two extremely difficult situations it would seem very unlikely for me to purchase them. The safest alternative is to purchase a sealed box and sell off the duplicates which is not a feasible alternative for myself.
    edited April 2016
    Another issue, I would say a big one. What is going on with the stripe down the middle of the shirts? They're plain white with black stripes up the side in reality...

• CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    They're silver so they're shiny and reflective, I saw a photo of them earlier with the stripe more visible.
    You're right, its just visible in that picture, more so in this one, but nothing like on the minifigs. Presumably the FIFA logo (and EURO16 logo that will presumably be on the arms are missing due to licencing).

Gremlins are definitely in the works. :D I have no idea how my previous post above was actually submitted to the forum this morning some eight hours after I wrote it (and hadn't finished it) but there you go! My ten minutes of disbelief referred to the posts that occurred whilst I was writing my xray football soccer comment.

After @SumoLego's post about being woken up, the first I've seen the thread and my own post since just before 2am is now, lunchtime, so @thebeermonkey, nice one on the German, now I have actually seen the comment! I once did a short course in the language but I can't speak a word of it. Still proud I can say please and thankyou and count to ten in Gaelic though. :o) 

Let's hope the bump codes are more pronounced and clear than the representation of the shirt looks eh?

save draft...refresh...read thread...post comment
    I am hoping that the heads and the hair pieces end up in the bam bar selection later. 
    gmonkey76bandit778
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,138
    My wallet is just grateful that they have released a set that, even if I could get them easily, I wouldn't want to. I appear to be one of those people who are in a small minority who doesn't actually like football at all.
    AllBrick
    ^  (And most of the United States...)
    Renny
    To be clear, I think soccer is a perfectly fine sport and American Football can be pretty ridiculous sometimes. It's just fun to poke fun ;)
    goshe7
    Its perfectly sensible too - you realised you weren't very good at these sports (football, rugby etc) so made up your own that no-one else plays. Now you're the best in the world, although I suppose also the worst in the world!

And the whole franchise system you have going on - that's really stupid too.
    Caspergoshe7AllBrick
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    I won,t even mention the fact that Americans call a game played predominantly with the hands "football". Strange nation but I kinda still love 'em. :)
    chuckpAllBrickjohnhenz
    Actually the silliest thing about American football is calling it football. Why rename football to soccer and call a game, where the ball touches foot a grand total of 10 times a match, football?
    Gridiron. That's what it should be called. Australians know how to name stuff. Short and to the point. Off-licence? No thanks, bottle-o it is. 
    princedraventecjam
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
    It's padded Rugby with extra hotdog and beer breaks. Beer does go well with most sports though. Watching cricket on the telly is so dull, but down Durham County cricket ground in the Summer with a regular top up of beer makes for a great day out.

Skill and stamina beats brute strength every time for me though.

• madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 276
    Handegg is not football, you barely use your foot. Kicking someone in the ass by mistake does not make it football.
    bendybadgerAllBrickFiredogg
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,138
    And while I would like to thank you all for an in depth although brief discussion on the differences and variances between our respective countries versions of what ever you want to call it.....

I still don't want them and still don't like "it".
    :)
    pharmjod
  • kizkizkizkiz londonMember Posts: 95
    @MattsWhat totally agree. Aussies say it as it is.
    Great sandy desert, shark cove etc. No imagination. Lol
    edited April 2016
    The figs do look good to me from the review linked to on the homepage.  Nice white presentation plate with four silver stars too - one for each time Germany have won the World Cup apparently. 
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    Coulda swore this was a basketball with weird pentagons on it....Especially if I'm told to dribble it to the net!

gmonkey76kiki180703