Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Which sets to start reassembling?

2»

Comments

• bamaker1bamaker1 Member Posts: 17
    You've got a few Star Wars pieces mixed in the white and grey photos.  Specifically, two pieces in the 1st (and same two in the 2nd photo) in center right of the picture, white background with black starburst.  Those are Imperial insignias.  In the third picture, almost dead center, the round piece is a TIE Fighter hatch.  And in the lower right corner are two pieces from right to left, Droid Fighter "eyes" and Rebel Insignia.   Also right above those two pieces is a piece from 7773 Tiger Shark Attack from the Aqua Raiders theme.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,432
    #10036 is in there.Very cute Pizza shop and delivery car
    Ririnettekiki180703
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,217
    edited April 2016
    The panels that have the mirror stickers (1x2x3 panels: http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=2362pb03&idColor=1#T=C&C=1) are from a Paradisa set #6410, as are a couple of the 4x4 disks with printing on them and the 2x2 round tile with the crab printed on it

the 2x2 tiles with the four squares printed on them (http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=3068pb19&idColor=1#T=C&C=1) are also from another Paradisa set #6402

Oh and the ones that have TV on the panels (from earlier pics ) http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?S=6553-1#T=S&O={}

the panels with the dolphins on them are from set #6556

The pizzeria sign is from #6350 which I believe is the same set as #10036 as @datsunrobbie says) You should have pizzeria stickers for the side of the van, but they are STAMPs (stickers across multiple pieces), so many get lost (but again there are those on BL that sell them)

I would say a bit of research on bricklink.com using their catalog (printed and stickered parts sections) should help you find most of where these parts go (as a bunch of those parts are from multiple sets).

Ririnettekiki180703
  • RirinetteRirinette CanadaMember Posts: 84
    #10036 is in there.Very cute Pizza shop and delivery car
    I'll probably assemble this one next. Looks simple enough. 

the 2x2 tiles with the four squares printed on them (http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=3068pb19&idColor=1#T=C&C=1) are also from another Paradisa set #6402

the panels with the dolphins on them are from set #6556

I would say a bit of research on bricklink.com using their catalog (printed and stickered parts sections) should help you find most of where these parts go (as a bunch of those parts are from multiple sets).
    Although I do have most of sets identified, every time I post one of these pics someone manages to find another one or two that I had no clue of. I am really thankful for all the help. I know that I could probably spend a lot of time on my own and identify them all eventually, but I've just assumed that you guys find this process fun. I apologize if you think I am being lazy and take advantage of this forum's knowledge. I hope this is not the case though. As you can see, with over 70 sets out of only 30 something I knew of, it's quite a daunting task to identify them all, especially the small ones.
    edited April 2016
    Not a problem at all, but what I meant by checking BL is that some parts are just too common (i.e. in many sets) for someone to go list off all the sets they can be part off (like police, clock, 'mail letter', keyboard 1x2 tiles for example). I'm fairly certain everyone here is glad to help. Plus once you start using sites like BL and also get more familiar with sets and the type of parts found in them it will get easier for you.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,432
    Happy to help out. I always check the Parts Identification thread when there are new posts to see if I can identify the parts, or see if somebody else is asking about ones I have seen but not identified in my own piles of bricks.

One thing nobody has mentioned yet on this thread is that the LEGO part number is stamped on nearly every LEGO part. I good magnifying glass may be needed to find and read it. I've found that a Google image search for "LEGO" and the part number is often a good way to find parts, since it will check multiple sites mentioned earlier in one pass.
    Ririnettekiki180703
    Happy to help out. I always check the Parts Identification thread when there are new posts to see if I can identify the parts, or see if somebody else is asking about ones I have seen but not identified in my own piles of bricks.

One thing nobody has mentioned yet on this thread is that the LEGO part number is stamped on nearly every LEGO part. I good magnifying glass may be needed to find and read it. I've found that a Google image search for "LEGO" and the part number is often a good way to find parts, since it will check multiple sites mentioned earlier in one pass.

I believe you can do the same in bricklink as well. What I typically do is search the catalog for the part description, set number, or part number. Usually one of those will lead to the info you are looking for.
    The reason I say bricklink is because you can also buy parts you are missing from a set inventory from sellers (if the part is available).
    Brickowl.com is another part site, but I find they are lacking in their database.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,245
    I think there may be sabre island from the pirate theme, unless it's the eldorado fortress. maybe dark vader's tie fighter as well.

the police sign in black underlined in red is from town, year 1996.
    Wait... what??? *mindblown"
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
    edited April 2016
    I know that you are well into your sorting process but I thought to add my 2 cents. I'm currently in the process of reconstituting 35 sets whose parts were sorted into color. The first thing I did was to go to Bricklink and print off parts list for all of the sets (based on the instructions that came with the lot). This can chew up a lot of paper but I make sure to shrink the print area to 60% and print double side. This parts list will give you both a picture and description of the part. Even with this, large sets like a Pet shop will still be 16-18 pages both sides. Next is sorting...and sorting...and sorting. First step is to sort by color which you have already done. Next is to sort each color into categories. The first sort is into the following main sizes:

1. 1x1
    2. 1x2
    3. 2x2
    4. 2xanything
    5. 1xanything
    6. Anything bigger than 2x
    7. Weird, small stuff

After that, further sub-divide those into bricks, plates, and tiles. I also have the following categories: snot pieces, skinny pieces (axles, antennas and hoses), technic pins, parts with decals, etc. I'm currently working though black which I divided into 19 sub-groups. With all this pre-sorting, finding the parts for a particular set is not quite so daunting. Good luck!

catwranglerRirinettekiki180703Ronyartallblocktoo
    @ecmo47 if you could see my family room!! Lego ziploc bags have exploded all over the place. After sorting by colour I did go one step further and sorted by categories. Most colors had enough bricks to break down, others, like old and new brown I left as is because I don't have more than a bag of each. 

However the red, blue, green, yellow, white, dark blue, tan, old and new grey, light grey, black - they all have been categorized. I actually still have 1/2 of the light grey and the black to do because I have most bags of these (approx 8 bags each).

I also sorted the minifigures and their accessories. 
    Here is how I categorized, which was mostly based on the size of each category. 

Printed bricks, tiles etc (this is how I created the colored sets of bricks for identification above)
    1x bricks
    2x bricks
    1x and 2x2 plates and tiles
    2x tiles
    "technical bricks" - everything with holes, protusions, hinges etc
    "round" shaped everything
    large tiles and bricks
    windows and doors
    sloped bricks
    raised bricks (car, plane parts)
    helices
    axles and sticks
    arches

I am tired to type them all. Here is a picture that shows my light grey categories and 4 bags left to go through the process. 

catwranglerkiki180703tallblocktoo
    edited April 2016
    Hey guys, I've been making progress!!

I am proud to say that I managed to reassemble 4 sets so far! (not yet built though... that will take another while - still need to make room for that).

#4561 Railway Express (complete)
    #4711 Flying Lesson (complete)
    #6410 Cabana Beach (missing base plate)
    #7194 UCS Yoda - missing 4 small plates and an eye ball

I still have 7 bags of black bricks to sort, so I tried to stay away from sets with a lot of black. But progress is progress! ;-) Still have 70+ sets left, ouch.
    davetheoxygenmancatwranglertallblocktoo
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,245
    that means a lot of fun ahead
    Ririnette
    And 2 (3 more)!!

#4513 Grand Central Station (missing 1 ramp elevated baseplate)
    #4851 Spiderman and Green Goblin - 2 sets (both missing grey baseplates, one missing Norman Osborn minifigure)

This is a lot of fun!!
    And I'm almost done categorizing the black bricks (kill me now).
    catwranglertallblocktoo
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 494
    Sounds like quite the process however you are making headway!  It is great to see you have found some complete sets!  
    Sounds like quite the process however you are making headway!  It is great to see you have found some complete sets!  
    Indeed! I have now finished sorting all colours in sub categories and I continued working on completing sets.

I have now finished:
    #4853 Spider-Man's Street Chase - 2 sets (missing some stickers)
    #4511 High Speed Train

Now working on this monster set, which was one of my son't favorites.
    #7644 MX-81 Hypersonic Operations Aircraft

Next, I will tackle Batman's Bat Cave (#7783). This is exciting!!

catwrangler