Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Not great at introductions but...

legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 312
Hi all.
 I've always had an interest in Lego for as long as I can remember and it's grown even more over the last few years. Favourite themes would have to be Castle and Pirate as well as some of the licences like Marvel, DC and SW.
 I tend to collect minifigures more than actual sets but I do try to get the sets I really like and can afford.
 Favourite set would probably be Wall•e, with or without the head/neck problems!

Outside of Lego I'm a Welsh guy now living in the USA. A big music fan (everything from classical to extreme heavy metal) and long time supporter of Liverpool FC and Welsh rugby.
 In my spare time I'm usually reading, watching films, playing PlayStation or lifting weights.

SumoLegokiki180703tallblocktoo

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,877
    Welcome aboard legobod!
  • DaniDoesLegoDaniDoesLego Thie ShireMember Posts: 15
    Nice to meet you! What are some of your favorite films?
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,621
    Howdy.
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 312
    Hmm, mainly older ones I'd say, mid-70s to mid-90s but especially the 80s. Jaws, Predator, Aliens, Terminator 2, Pleasantville, Edward Scissorhands, The Thing, Aladdin, Toy story, Jurassic park...
    A lot of the newer ones don't interest me much and the ones that do like the new Mad Max, Star wars and Jurassic world are all sequels to old films anyway.
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    ^ Jaws, a true classic! "Cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Sharks in the water. Our shark."  Great movie.

Welcome to the forum.  
    ^ First video I ever had and first 'grown-up' book I ever bought too, was about 11 at the time. Would bite ;) at the chance for a Lego Orca set
    chuckp
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,538
    that may happen this year. I think a creator set has an orca.
    edited April 2016
    This is clearly based on the Orca but can't see TLG believing that enough kids would want it, just the AFOLS, to ever release one.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/109163
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    Here's the Creator set with the Orca - looks nice:

http://brickset.com/sets/31051-1/Lighthouse-Point
    snowhitie
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,538
    oh, it's actually the name of the boat?
    Yeah it's the name of the boat, though I would like to have that lighthouse set, I'm writing a book that features a lighthouse for much of the second half.
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    ^ Thanks for posting the Orca Ideas link. The designer did a nice job, but unfortunately it has about a 0% chance of ever being produced. The only issue I see with the build is that they're "gonna need a smaller boat". The shark looks a little small. 
    Can't help but feel it would have picked up a lot more support if they'd named it Jaws set since it clearly is. Be a good reference to try and build my own version but I have nowhere near enough parts, most of my Lego is still 5,000 miles away. Am too flat out broke to go the BL route right now too.
    So I saw the boat in the City helicopter pursuit set while looking for half price stuff at Barnes and Noble and knew it had potential. With a lot of trial and error, spare parts and a few off brand :( bricks I have this prototype 

33.jpg 276.8K
    davetheoxygenmancatwrangler