Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego angels or shady TLG?

Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 555
So about three weeks ago I bought a general grievous wheel complete with minifigures on ebay from a wholesale seller for $20 with free shipping (Quite the steal if I do say so). When I got it the package did not have a general grievous in it and being a wholesale seller I can't blame him as he doesn't know to check for an additional small bag outside of the packaged bags for the ship. I applied on the extra pieces page for lego but each of the parts for grievous was labeled as out of stock and seeing as the set is no longer in production I was fairly certain I wouldn't be getting one. The seller readily refunded me $9 for the mistake and thanked me for pointing out the error before he sold more. That was about 3 days ago. Today I got a strange package in the mail with my name misspelled, which had in it, a constructed general grievous minifigure. Baffled and curious I looked up the return address which is an abandoned warehouse in California. So I have no idea where this figure came from but thanks to whoever :D
catwranglerAmanda1983

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,274
    The seller probably had them, and didn't realize they went with those ships, or had you one shipped from somewhere else.  I would ask him.  If he did and also refunded you $9 for the mistake I would be sure to give him good feedback for correcting the error.  

The address being abandoned is kind of shady as if they don't want people to be able to find them.  How do you know it is abandoned? 
    Amanda1983
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 555
    I looked up the return address on Google, normally I don't creep on people who sell me stuff but I really don't know where this came from.
    Amanda1983
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    This totally sounds like the beginning of some kind of creepy story. Next thing you know, all sorts of random objects you've been inconveniently missing will start showing up at your house with the same misspelled name on the package and you'll eventually find out you've been being watched all along! O__O

Either that or it's just late, I need sleep, and the seller probably just corrected their mistake and is a stand-up seller for sending you the Minifig and partial refund. In any case, lucky you!
    Jackad7kiki180703Amanda1983
    Lets hope you're right on the second one. Since I don't really know what's going on I might buy myself a detectives office modular and do some digging on the internet.
    snowhitiekiki180703LegoboycatwranglerAmanda1983
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,063
    edited March 2016
    ^ in French they say 'Les excuses son't pour s'enservir' - excuses are there to be used basically, you go and get the DO ;)

Oh and I would just ask the seller....
    LegoboycatwranglerAmanda1983
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 798
    Or, (in a creepy voice) you have seven days...
    Jackad7kiki180703Amanda1983
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,454
    I don't get why TLG would be "shady"?
    madforLEGOkiki180703
    Pitfall69 said:
    I don't get why TLG would be "shady"?
    It wa to make me feel better that there was a possibility that it was  TLG and not random internet people sending me stuff. (Really because they're the only other group that I contacted about the situation.)
    Amanda1983
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,764
    ^ How is that shady?
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 951
    Because LEGO operates out of abandoned warehouses, clearly.

I don't think it was LEGO doing that, but instead probably the seller. If no one else knew about the situation, then one could safely assume it was the seller that came across them.

Although, I'm assuming that set is now discontinued? I don't think I've seen it recently, but it was routinely $20 at Target whenever I saw it. But maybe $20 is a good deal for it now? I never bought one. I only wanted Grievous and ultimately I didn't HAVE to have him, if you understand.
    madforLEGOkiki180703Amanda1983
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,642
    Yeah, fairly certain any LEGO Group packages in the US come from either Enfield CT or from overseas, not CA.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,471
    An abandoned warehouse would have made sense if it was a Scooby Doo set.
    BumblepantskizkizSprinkleOtterSumoLegochuckpkiki180703catwranglerAmanda1983
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Sounds like a movie that needs to be made for Netflix:

Making a Mysterious Seller
    SumoLegokiki180703Amanda1983
    ^ How is that shady?
    Because it's out of an abandoned warehouse? I only requested replacement parts from Lego and the seller refunded me so IF IT WAS Lego IT WAS shady. I put that out there as an option. After tracking down the name on the return label I was able to connect my payment on PayPal to a company the person who shipped me the item works for. It's just strange for them to do a refund and a replacement.
    Amanda1983
    Sethro3 said:
    Because LEGO operates out of abandoned warehouses, clearly.

I don't think it was LEGO doing that, but instead probably the seller. If no one else knew about the situation, then one could safely assume it was the seller that came across them.

Although, I'm assuming that set is now discontinued? I don't think I've seen it recently, but it was routinely $20 at Target whenever I saw it. But maybe $20 is a good deal for it now? I never bought one. I only wanted Grievous and ultimately I didn't HAVE to have him, if you understand.
    Yes the set is discontinued and that's really great for you bud. It's 40 shipped on bricklink and target had it at 25 on their website which has been sold out awhile. I didn't have to have him either but I bought it with the understanding that all the mini figures were present. When I told the seller he offered me a refund. Realistically none of us HAVE to have legos.
    Amanda1983
  • SarkySarky Vancouver, CanadaMember Posts: 23
    Spooky. Well, I suppose that of all the theories, the one with the seller makes the most sense.

Or maybe this the beginning of something. Perhaps you will find, let's say, bigger (?) sets in the mail. The world of shady LEGO is interesting to say the least! :)
    Amanda1983
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 805
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    Jackad7 said:
    ;)
    Yes the set is discontinued and that's really great for you bud. It's 40 shipped on bricklink and target had it at 25 on their website which has been sold out awhile. I didn't have to have him either but I bought it with the understanding that all the mini figures were present. When I told the seller he offered me a refund. Realistically none of us HAVE to have LEGOS.