Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Disney CMF

Comments

• legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 302
    Why would Aladdin and the Genie have a lamp when Aladdin could have Abu as an accessory! Those two are definites for me and maybe Maleficent and Ursula for parts.
    Since people have mentioned they'd like a Futurama or TNBC series, is there already a thread for what we'd like to see as a CMF series?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,557
    edited February 2016
    Shib said:
    Not sure what, but something just looks a little off with that picture to me, it could just be my natural inclination towards skepticism. I think I'm finding it weird that they have previously done Buzz with a moulded head and genie also looks weird without a moulded head to my eye.
    Yes, Buzz looks very weird compared to the moulded (and frankly, better) version of him already done. The genie is plain awful around the headgear.  Captain Hook looks strange to me too, whereas Peter Pan is fine with a regular head. Toy Story alien is boring. The standouts for me are Mickey and co. It looks like Minnie has a molded skirt. I hope this is a sign of things to come, and the do away with cloth skirts.
    BumblepantsAmanda1983bluedragonmr.piggleskiki180703TXLegoguySumoLegoAllBrick
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 960
    As someone who's a lot more interested in Pixar than general Disney, I'm disappointed that two minifigure slots went to Toy Story. And while I'm normally purist and would take regular minifig heads over moulded, Buzz just looks a little off to me - maybe just because I've become so used to the original. 
    hkcrazy88kiki180703TXLegoguyAllBrick
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,761
    I think the @cheshirecat minifigure is the highlight for me!
    legomatt
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    CCC said:
    Shib said:
    Not sure what, but something just looks a little off with that picture to me, it could just be my natural inclination towards skepticism. I think I'm finding it weird that they have previously done Buzz with a moulded head and genie also looks weird without a moulded head to my eye.
    Yes, Buzz looks very weird compared to the moulded (and frankly, better) version of him already done. The genie is plain awful around the headgear.  Captain Hook looks strange to me too, whereas Peter Pan is fine with a regular head. Toy Story alien is boring. The standouts for me are Mickey and co. It looks like Minnie has a molded skirt. I hope this is a sign of things to come, and the do away with cloth skirts.
    The skirt looks to be moulded in line with the ballerina skirt, that fitting is pretty sound so pleased with this.  That skirt will get an outing on some of my modular population too, I expect.

Biggest disappointment for me is that it seems unlikely the awesome Ursula tentacles piece will fit in a Ribba frame. Damn.
    Amanda1983kiki180703
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,990

So 18 not 16 why not just leave out the two toy story figures?

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,312
    Real mixed bag here for me. As someone has said on the frontpage news, some look like customs or a bit 'off'. Most noticeably Mr Incredible, Alice and Ariel. And Genie could have done with a moulded head as mentioned above.

Would be interesting to know if TLG were told what characters to make or given a list to choose from etc. But guess that information is unlikely to ever be made public.

Will probably pick up a few for new parts, but definitely not a 'collect the whole series' for me.
    ^ The minifig head is completely the wrong shape for Alice's and she seems to have lost her bright blue eyes in favour of a rather stoned look instead.

Me too, this is a set for a few parts and not much else.
    SMC said:

So 18 not 16 why not just leave out the two toy story figures?

I guess because Toy Story stills sells.
    SumoLego
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,990
    ^ But with another film coming just wait for the next line for toy story or if you are going with normal heads then it should have been buzz and woody.
  • hkcrazy88hkcrazy88 USA/ItalyMember Posts: 163
    I'm very excited about these, and probably will get them all. However, I agree with many of the comments already made, Genie's head is odd. I'm bummed they redid Toy Story guys (although not surprising), and didn't do a different Pixar movie. But, all in all, I'm pretty pleased with them and am
    hopeful they will do more! 
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,014
    buzz looks ok to me.
    also not at home so am on a Eee PC Asus notebook, that is a pos pc that spends most of it's time in egg timer loading. the only good thing is it small, and has crazy long battery life. also at this point i spent 45 mins reading and replaying to this page.
    ^was it worth it?
    MattsWhat said:
    ^was it worth it?
    the notebook?
    dont recall what i payed or it now. so  that is hard to tell.
    when it not paying up it a good little pc. however i think evey time a draft is saved on here it locks up.
    so the faster i type and post the better and lass time i spend wateing on it.
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    I think there's something to like about all of these figures. I wish Aladdin came with Apu though instead of him and the Genie getting a lamp, a wasted unique accessory opportunity. Actually all the accessories are bland compared to previous series, but I guess the whole appeal is of having Disney classic characters this time around. I love the new hair moulds, particularly Mr Incredible (very similar to Shaggy's but I loved that too so a variation is great to have). Peter Pan's cap and hair look very nice, but his face makes him look like an idiot. :P
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    As someone who's a lot more interested in Pixar than general Disney, I'm disappointed that two minifigure slots went to Toy Story. And while I'm normally purist and would take regular minifig heads over moulded, Buzz just looks a little off to me - maybe just because I've become so used to the original. 
    Are you upset only 2 went to Toy Story?

As for Pixar, over 22% of the set is Pixar.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    MattsWhat said:
    ^was it worth it?
    the notebook?
    dont recall what i payed or it now. so  that is hard to tell.
    when it not paying up it a good little pc. however i think evey time a draft is saved on here it locks up.
    so the faster i type and post the better and lass time i spend wateing on it.
    My commiserations; I used to have that very notebook (well, probably an older version)! Had a couple of nasty moments with the Blue Screen Of Death, and then the whole thing died irretrievably! :S

Have now talked myself firmly into getting Ursula. Oh, CMFs, you exist to separate me from my Big Set savings money...

• BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    There are too many movies/shows to be able to do every popular disney character in one go. I can easily see 3 or 4 series of these selling like crazy. All I am wondering is the price per single unit and how many unitstudents per box. Still 60? We will see..... genie is the one I wanted and he looks the weirdest with his goblinlike ear headpiece.
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 279
    As I posted on the news item, my hunch on the 18 v 16 was that it was a creative method of avoiding a price increase on a per-unit basis.  We'll see!
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 455
    Will this be the first series in which several of the minifigs don't include accessories?  The Toy Story Alien seems like an odd inclusion. It does't look much better than the original minifig, and there is no accessory. Three parts for $3.99? The polybag with the alien was $3.99. That set came with a little spaceship too. 
    princedravenDedgeckokiki180703
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,312
    Tkatt said:
    Will this be the first series in which several of the minifigs don't include accessories?  The Toy Story Alien seems like an odd inclusion. It does't look much better than the original minifig, and there is no accessory. Three parts for $3.99? The polybag with the alien was $3.99. That set came with a little spaceship too. 
    While I can see that potentially happening with Mickey/Minnie/Donald/Daisy (due to the cost of the large head and no particular defining accessory that I can think of) the alien's accessory might be hidden by the low quality of the picture or it just messing up the composition. A pizza tile would be easy enough to include, though perhaps not really to scale.
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 795
    ^we didn't get the mad hater cause they skipped inside out altogether. 
    CM4SAmanda1983Pitfall69kiki180703
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    I'm so happy they skipped Inside Out. There are way way way better Disney classics that deserved recognition over that movie that just came out. 
    Are you upset only 2 went to Toy Story?

As for Pixar, over 22% of the set is Pixar.
    4/18 is a reasonable number of Pixar minifigures, and my disappointment isn't to do with the Disney:Pixar ratio, it's the fact that 50% of it represents a rehash of something we've had previously. I appreciate that Toy Story sells, and that it has been 6 years since the Toy Story theme was released, but it has made the series of less interest to me personally.
    BrickDancerkiki180703hkcrazy88
    ...and if we are to get the Mad Hatter, I'd much rather it be in a Batman set :)
    BrickDancerBumblepantsgmonkey76SumoLegoAmanda1983TheLoneTensorPitfall69kiki180703
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Amen @Steve_J_OM! Rehashing in a new and yet equally wasteful manner. We lost 2 potential new character slots because of Buzz and the alien. Which again were perfectly fine, or even better, in their original incarnation.

This is so puzzling, because it would've costed them the same to make new characters since Buzz has new molded parts, not sure about the alien's head though.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    I am really mixed on these b/c the main thing I like about them is also the thing I feel is holding them back. All of them would have looked better (or at least looked more like their Disney Counterparts) with molded heads. As it stands now the majority of then look like customs to me - minifigures in the likeness of Alice, Peter, Buzz, etc. rather than actually being those characters.

The Simpsons didn't have this issue.

Amanda1983kiki180703
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    ^perhaps another day, Lego

DANGER!!! CUTE CAT!!!! it will get you. Run a way!
    Amanda1983kiki180703
    Here kitty, kitty....
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    This thread is useful with pictures.

I'm undecided if it was really worth the wait. Apart from Peter Pan, I'm not sure if I really like them. This may seem strange to say, but they are a bit 'cartoony' in that they are not quite Lego but also not quite Disney. That last sentence doesn't quite make sense. A bit like these representations of the characters. 
    JenniAmanda1983pharmjodBumblepantskiki180703
    ^ I think it makes perfect sense! They do not look quite right for Lego, but don't really look like real Disney either.
    Amanda1983pharmjodkiki180703
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,637
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    No Winnie the Pooh?  Lego probably could not afford the aftermarket price on the bumblebee girl and her honey pot.

I showed these to my wife who does not like Lego and after asking if they were real, she said she was all in for a set. Now the question is what a case will have in it. Hopefully a full 3 sets plus extra Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and any other two except the Toy Story pair. 
    ^Gizmodo cannot count.
    chrisalddinkiki180703
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,644
    edited March 2016
    ^^Or report the Simpsons CMF one if the most popular? I think around here it was 50/50 for liking/not liking.
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 592
    The lack of Tron, CLU, Quorra, or even Sark minifigures invalidates this collection. I will also accept a Maximilian figure, with pop-out spinner blades, if TRON is not considered a worthy Disney franchise (hint: it is).
    bandit778dannyrwwMynatt
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 773
    I love the idea of using Black Hole for CMFs. I loved that movie as a kid. Everyone evidently hated it, but I loved it.
    Lego_Lord_Mayorcaprincedravenbandit778chuckpdannyrwwPitfall69kiki180703
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 592
    flord said:
    I love the idea of using Black Hole for CMFs. I loved that movie as a kid. Everyone evidently hated it, but I loved it.
    Don't worry, bud, you are not alone. I just realize the impracticability of getting V.I.N.C.E.N.T. and Old Bob into minifigure form well. Maybe the second wave will be more inclusive of other characters in Disney's wheelhouse.
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    I only just copped on to the fact that all the minifigures with classic minifigure heads are the "human" ones, so it makes good sense to make Buzz with a classic head too. Yes I realise he's not human haha but you know what I mean. This makes for a more consistent series, with the non-human types being the only ones in need of mounded heads.
    snowhitiekiki180703
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 607
    flord said:
    You are not alone not by a long shot.
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    Does anyone expect a Series 2? I know Series 16 has already had some rumored lists- but a Buzz with no Woody?!
    Yes.
    edited March 2016
    A better question is 'Is there anyone who believes this will end after only one series?'
    catwranglerAmanda1983kiki180703
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,364
    They're probably working on 2017 stuff as we speak :)
    pharmjodkiki180703hkcrazy88
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    I could see them going for at least three or four (presumably not consecutive) series - Disney is so hugely popular, and they've got tons and tons of iconic characters, especially if they keep splitting up characters from a given film across more than one CMF series... the only ones I could see NOT working would be animals that aren't already anthropomorphised (I keep trying to picture how Lady and the Tramp would work as minifigures and coming up blank), but they've got a huge stockpile of characters. 
    Amanda1983kiki180703
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    VINCENT from Black Whole would be neat, but would not be an easy minifigure to make. They did him as a Kubrick figure many years ago, but really it was just a regular figure, as he could not follow the basic Kubrick design.

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Do we have confirmation of the (sure to be insane) price these will be going for yet?