Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF Series 15

Schubert19Schubert19 CanadaMember Posts: 41
Has anyone spotted any CMF S15 in Canada yet?  And I mean in retail stores, not ebay/BL/etc 

Comments

• kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,040
    Nope, but I'm sure they will be at Indigo/Chapters.
  • Schubert19Schubert19 CanadaMember Posts: 41
    I was in there today and totally forgot to look!
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 695
    I am surprised they aren't at TRU yet.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Based on some sightings and other comments from various folks, are TLG sales of the CMFs not very good? I've seen boxes upon boxes of various series in Targets over the last year. Just seems like there is an issue. 
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    Compare a poly bag or Mixel priced between $3-5 and compare that to the $4 for a single CMF.  CMF prices a ridiculous.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,435
    Based on some sightings and other comments from various folks, are TLG sales of the CMFs not very good? I've seen boxes upon boxes of various series in Targets over the last year. Just seems like there is an issue. 
    I think that part of it is the price of the CMFs (I know there is a debate about it, but Im sure many feel that 3.99 USD is pricey for a figure), and part is that some Target's seem to 'over buy' and not realize how much demand there is. I think it may have to do with those buying whole boxes right when they come out to only return what is left after 'cherry picking' the figs they want. Im guessing maybe that In their store's database they may see a huge demand even though the box comes back missing only 1/3 of it...
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 688
    ^ I would agree.....or the dreadful Simpson series' killed the casual collectors.
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,040
    @Schubert19 I went to Indigo/Chapters today and I can confirm that they are available. I almost completed the series. I'm just missing the Indian Lady. Also, if you have an irewards card, you can get them @ $3.75CAD + tax! For the US bricksetters, if you live near the border, I highly recommend you to come to Canada to buy the minifigs.
  • Schubert19Schubert19 CanadaMember Posts: 41
    Thanks Kiki...I managed to pick up most of who I want from a local unofficial Lego store but still am hoping to grab a few more farmers and jewel thieves for my collection.  And lets be honest...an extra shark or two wouldn't hurt.
  • JdawgJdawg St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    In London Ontario, at TRU.  I picked up my set yesterday.
  • iplanteiplante USMember Posts: 164
    I finally found some S15s. Downtown Minneapolis Target... Haven't seen those anywhere else and I've been passively looking (e.g. Didn't go out of my way to go to a store, but would look when I was there. Went to multiple Targets and TRUs.)

Got my shark guy on the fourth packet I felt... That's all I wanted :)
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,303
    iplante said:
    I finally found some S15s. Downtown Minneapolis Target... Haven't seen those anywhere else and I've been passively looking (e.g. Didn't go out of my way to go to a store, but would look when I was there. Went to multiple Targets and TRUs.)

Got my shark guy on the fourth packet I felt... That's all I wanted :)
    Another Minnesotan! Good. I just picked some up (barely any) in Burnsville
    iplante
    Yeah, it seems that many Target stores have not gotten these. I have not even seen any end cap type sport where you normally see spots reserved at the Targets near me
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,187
    ^ Just got Series 14 at my local Target.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    None of my stores have put S15 out either.  The same thing happened with S14 of which several stores are still clearing out the remainder of.

Just one more reason for me to hit up minifiguresplus. I buy the limited amount of extras I want from other bricksetters and call it a day.  I don't mess with the hunt anymore.
  • tratclifftratcliff Member Posts: 13
    I ended up going to the Lego Store to pick up the CMF 15 I wanted. The Target in New Albany, Indiana put up a rack on the end cap with CMFs last Thursday -- CMF14. And they must have found a few leftover CMF13 at that Target, there were about 6 in a rack by the checkouts. 
    CircleK said:
    None of my stores have put S15 out either.  The same thing happened with S14 of which several stores are still clearing out the remainder of.

Just one more reason for me to hit up minifiguresplus. I buy the limited amount of extras I want from other bricksetters and call it a day.  I don't mess with the hunt anymore.
    Yeah, I got a set of 15 through them for myself and my GF, then got some extras I wanted from the LEGO store. Overall, these seem to be much harder to find, wonder if stores are getting sick of the price they have to pay and that a lot of times they have tons of the previous series left. I know one Target by me had boxes and boxes of series 12 for a while (had that ton while series 14 was coming out)
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,324
    I've seen 2 boxes at a nearby store and it looks like it's selling pretty fast. well, one box was emptied in like a week. but I could see some of them got stolen.
    One of my 2 Targets put there's out at the release date...the other I've never seen any.  I was an hour away today at a Target and they had about 100 packs of Series 14(Monsters) on the endcap.  Walmarts still with Simpsons 2.
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213
    For one reason or another I've been in 7 targets, 3 walmarts and a standalone toy shop since the release date and checked them all while I was there and they only had some in one of the targets. So less than 10% chance of finding any series 15 in my area!
    How much of it is scalpers buying them all to sell on though? I'm not going to pay $10 for one cmf
    edited February 2016
    legobod said:
    For one reason or another I've been in 7 targets, 3 walmarts and a standalone toy shop since the release date and checked them all while I was there and they only had some in one of the targets. So less than 10% chance of finding any series 15 in my area!
    How much of it is scalpers buying them all to sell on though? I'm not going to pay $10 for one cmf
    I doubt it is 'scalpers' as much as those looking for the figures. Why? Because online stores like @MinifiguresPlus sell a box for under retail and 'scalper's would likely know this as they would likely 'scalp' to sell online to a bigger market. So if they know you can buy a box under retail then why bother buying at retail to 'scalp'? Even if it is those that buy a box to 'cherry pick', even those get returned, PLUS stores usually get more than one order (at least Targets by me did for previous orders). I think it is more that many stores do not want the hassle of selling them (maybe LEGO is also charging stores more as well), with theft, errant transactions (cashiers accidentally selling a box for only 3.99 )and also likely the folks that buy a box only to return 3/4 of it after a weekend of 'cherry picking'.Or stores are just cutting back on how much they sell of these. But I would wager most folks are buying them for themselves and maybe family and friends when they do find them, as almost every 'first run' of these sells out right away, but likely as much due to 'scalpers'
    Amanda1983
    Also, just saw Series 15 at 'Five Below' stores as well, they were not near the registers either, but toward the back (at least at the store I went to).. Not sure how much they cost because I did not feel up to feeling packs for farmers or animal control  figures. A TRU near me had a space for them but they were thoroughly picked through with about 4 packs left.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    Im seeing them only in Targets.
  • lessjunkfoodlessjunkfood United StatesMember Posts: 62
    Series 15 has been at my local Meijer for the last couple weeks. They had the March 1 sets out way early as well. 
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213
    I think maybe the last series wasn't as popular because I've seen a lot of them still on shelves since they came out and maybe those Targets need to sell through them to trigger ordering this series.
    I've definitely seen people say somewhere that they bought a whole box at a store with other series. Whatever their reason it stops the rest of us (including kids) from having a chance of getting any for now.
    eggshenkiki180703
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    They haven't been as popular since the price went up to $4/minifig.  Bottom line 
    koozpharmjodkiki180703Mynatt
  • DNADNA New York, USAMember Posts: 89
    I saw series 15 at Five Below last night as well. I am having a difficult time locating spares of the guy on crutches though. I seem to find all the other ones but the boxes I happen to check have no crutches. This is the surprise favorite among my four boys. I thought their fave would be shark guy, the Mech or the Warrior but it's the clumsy guy. 

Can't explain why some Targets got them or at least put them on the shelves and other stores haven't.  Walmarts around here normally put them out a month or more later than Targets.  And Walmarts are currently rearranging their toy shelves again for the new sets coming out.  So maybe they'll start springing up in WMs soon.

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,187
    Dedgecko said:
    They haven't been as popular since the price went up to $4/minifig.  Bottom line 
    I don't think production/sales may support that conclusion.  They had piles of Series 3 available at the lower price.

Frankly, I think the S10 Mr. Gold giveaway and the licensed lines jump-started the line.

Perhaps it took a couple of years to find the sweet spot, but these generally sell out.
  • KiltyONealKiltyONeal Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 27
    One of my local Target stores didn't put out Series 13 until last Christmas and they raised the price to $4.89.  They're not selling very well.  I'm hoping they don't do the same with Series 15.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    One of my local Target stores didn't put out Series 13 until last Christmas and they raised the price to $4.89.  They're not selling very well.  I'm hoping they don't do the same with Series 15.
    I found a bunch of $4.89 S13 stashed on a bottom rack at a Target.  It doesn't make sense.  Most Targets around me still have tons of S14 and S12.  I'm guessing the reseller horde is keeping them from clearance?
    KiltyONealkiki180703
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    ^ I found an endcap hanging box of S.13 minifigs almost full. Crazy.

But no S14 or 15.
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    ^ I make target price match tru when I find the $4.89 nonsense and I want to purchase. 
    KiltyONealpharmjodkiki180703
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,324
    grabbed the very last serie 15 in a nearby shop (for 2€) and I think I may have gotten lucky, it feels like it may the knight, which is the one I wanted most.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,303
    Speaking of Series 13, what's the DPCI for that? I wanna see if any Targets by me still have some. Never got the costumed people or the other half of the series.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,386
    @cm4s They reuse dcpi numbers. So now they have two, one for current CMFs at $3.99 and another for old ones at $4.89. I'd look for them at the checkouts, they're generally next to the polybags.
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 298
    Within the last week I have found S15 at three different Walmarts in my area.  None of these stores have had any CMFs in the recent past (at least within the past 12 months), so it might be worth checking out now if you are having an issue finding them.
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    I haven't found any series 15 around me.  Target has series 14 my local walmarts have nothing. 
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 573
    edited March 2016
    I am having a tough time time finding series 15 at targets as well but still finding many bags from the monster series.
    I have not seen any of the three Targets near me have series 15, which is a bit strange (I mean, not even a spot for them on an end cap or by the electronic counter, unless they are locking them in a game cabinet for security reasons). Again I wonder if Target's interest in selling these is waning a bit.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    I have not seen any of the three Targets near me have series 15, which is a bit strange (I mean, not even a spot for them on an end cap or by the electronic counter, unless they are locking them in a game cabinet for security reasons). Again I wonder if Target's interest in selling these is waning a bit.
    I haven't see any in any targets around me.  only see it in Toys R us and yesterday in one of the Walmart
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,485
    In CT I have only seen Series 15 at Toys R Us. Local Target have Series 13 at the checkout counters, hidden among other poly bags like #30276 and #30314
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Saw it once at a Target. It was an opened bag. Haven't seen it since. 

Other than TRUs I have seen it at the TRU Express stores in the malls.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    @77ncaachamps Walmart in Gilroy hand them on the shelf yesterday.
    ryjay said:
    @77ncaachamps Walmart in Gilroy hand them on the shelf yesterday.
    Thanks though it's a drive!

I hope you cleared out their discounted Lego...IF they had them.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    I leave near two Targets (northern Indiana, South Bend area) and both have had a good supply of series 15.  I bought the last six at one Target, but a few days later they were restocked.  I have seen some at one local Walmart and at the local TRU.