Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Can't decide used 70810 or new modular.

I'm looking at getting a bogus set of Lego because why not.

However I've just got back into Lego after my daughter bought herself 3 sets for her birthday. After rewatching the Lego movie I really want the sea cow. However I have just found out it has been retired and is going for a fair amount new, used isn't too bad however. Looking at just under £200. There is one used on brick link for £190 but the person has 0% and no order so I'm not sure if that's why he is 0%.

Or I could just get a modular set brand news high is cheaper and brand new nothing like opening a new set,  but it just isn't a sea cow.

anyone have any thoughts? Is the sea cow with the trouble?

Comments

• ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Buy the Sea Cow if you can find a cheap one. I have no issue with buying used. Saves me money and I get the same cool model. 
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,432
    The Sea Cow is superb and will only get more expensive over time so I'd vote for that versus a modular that will likely be around for a while yet.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    I'd steer clear of Bricklink sellers with no feedback and selling a big item.  I noticed this same thing for someone selling a used #10179 on Brickset last night.  
  • mattynicklinmattynicklin Member Posts: 9
    I'd steer clear of Bricklink sellers with no feedback and selling a big item.  I noticed this same thing for someone selling a used #10179 on Brickset last night.  
    That's what I was thinking, I mean it's a good price, but no feedback for a big set has me doubting.
  • BrickCreatorBrickCreator Cheesehead, Born and BredMember Posts: 137
    Last one on the BL 10179 list made me laugh. I quote: "NOTE: the last new & sealed one in the world!" Also, for $11,000, I don't think so. Like those have said above, steer clear of stores w/0 feedback selling high ticket items. Not saying they ARE scammers, but I'd wait for at least a few feedback...