Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

parts list "Wall-E FIX"

2»

Comments

• sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 512
    edited January 2016
    Mine arrived yesterday. In addition to what @thebeermonkey described, I have a separate page of instructions on what to unbuild in order to make the alteration. Nice touch!
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    got mine today in the post.   :)
  • MrShinyAndNewMrShinyAndNew Member Posts: 281
    I just opened the Wall-E I bought at the Lego store here in Toronto. Unlike Toys R Us and other vendors, the LBR stores didn't have any Wall-E at all. It only just arrived a few days ago. It appears to be the second revision. There are no supplementary instructions and the build is the same as the "fixed" build.
  • RoskoboyRoskoboy Aberdeen, UKMember Posts: 128
    I bought mine about two weeks ago from TRU...how can i tell which version I have or should I just call Customer Service?
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    I finally got an email saying mine has shipped :) Order placed December 21, 2015, to January 28, 2016, so I've been waiting over a month.

• TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    Roskoboy said:
    I bought mine about two weeks ago from TRU...how can i tell which version I have or should I just call Customer Service?
    Externally, you can't.

If you look at the first photograph in this thread, there is a small bag (the smallest), in the middle, immediately to the right of the two manuals, that contains the extra parts - they're just black and grey. Whilst the two manuals may have been rolled together, I suspect the pieces are still in their own bag. No doubt somebody will confirm one way or the other - although that may change at any time. If the bag is present, it's the second version.

If there are two manuals, then it's the second version.

More complicated, but the later photographs show the updated steps. If you've got just one manual, but the steps are those shown, it's the second version.

The part number for the manual should also have changed. 6146259 is for the original set, but there may be others.
    Roskoboy
  • RoskoboyRoskoboy Aberdeen, UKMember Posts: 128
    Thanks @Tigermoth
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    sklamb said:
    Mine arrived yesterday. In addition to what @thebeermonkey described, I have a separate page of instructions on what to unbuild in order to make the alteration. Nice touch!
    Just checked. I got that too. It was lurking between the pages of the larger booklet. 
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 868
    Got mine yesterday. An instruction sheet, an instruction booklet, and a small pack of parts. 
    Got mine yesterday as well. I tried both the official fix and Chris McVeigh's fix, and I slightly prefer the official one.
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,505
    ricecake said:
    Got mine yesterday as well. I tried both the official fix and Chris McVeigh's fix, and I slightly prefer the official one.
    That's interesting. I haven't had time to try both just yet, so can you tell me what you prefer about the official fix? Is it the aesthetic or mechanical differences?
    Well the McVeigh fix does have a much more solid head assembly (which I like), but the piece used to connect the neck I think slightly limits the downward movement of the head. It's a very small difference (they both use the same ball joint connector, but the McVeigh one uses the angled one whereas the official one uses a straight one), so I think if you went with either solution, you'll be happy.
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,505
    ricecake said:
    Well the McVeigh fix does have a much more solid head assembly (which I like), but the piece used to connect the neck I think slightly limits the downward movement of the head. It's a very small difference (they both use the same ball joint connector, but the McVeigh one uses the angled one whereas the official one uses a straight one), so I think if you went with either solution, you'll be happy.
    That's the thing... I have both and have tested the McVeigh fix, but haven't had time to try the official LEGO one yet, so was interested in your perspective.

Thanks for your thoughts on the subject though, @ricecake. :-)

I think I'll try to build it tonight and have a play around with both.
    ricecakekiki180703
    I'm wondering if the angled ball joint piece can just be replaced with the straight one, or if it would cause weird head angle issues.
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    I purchased Wall.E last Saturday, and I don't have this leaflet...so is this now fixed in the actual retail set? how can I tell?
    Read my last post in this thread.
    My manual, which incorporates the fix (there is no separate insert nor parts bag) has part number 6162871
    My manual, which incorporates the fix (there is no separate insert nor parts bag) has part number 6162871
    So where are the twelve additional parts?

6162871 is a new North American manual; 6162870 is a new International manual. Again, there may be others.
    TigerMoth said:
    So where are the twelve additional parts?

As I said in my earlier post, my Wall-E kit has the fix already incorporated. The parts are in the bags with the other parts. It's as if it was made that way from the start. It's not the old kit with a patch, it's a new version of the kit. At least, that's how it seems to me.
    But are you saying they are distributed throughout the other nine bags, that there are ten bags, or that there are some other random number of bags that have completely different individual contents to those in the original version?

Apart from the manuals, a patched version looks like it was made that way from the start, although there are variants of those too.
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 923
    I believe there are 3 versions. 

- The original with the free spinning head problem. 
    - The intermediate version that uses the original content and slot in rework pack and small instructions leaflet. 
    - The final version which had the new parts and completely new instructions booklet (you can no longer build the free spinning head). 
    I know there's at least three (pairs) and have already posted to that effect - but I think there are more, which is why I'm digging for details.
    TigerMoth said:
    But are you saying they are distributed throughout the other nine bags, that there are ten bags, or that there are some other random number of bags that have completely different individual contents to those in the original version?

Apart from the manuals, a patched version looks like it was made that way from the start, although there are variants of those too.
    I don't know how many bags were in the kit, they've already been discarded. But each bag was a full bag with lots of pieces. There wasn't one bag that had just the patch pieces in it. There wasn't a pile of left-over pieces that were no longer needed.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    @TigerMoth

I believe we already have all this, so I don't know if this is any use to you, but here is a breakdown of the Wall.e set from the UK initial release. (Bought from Argos last year, prior to any recall/fixes/re-issues).

UK initial release.
    Set Number: 21303
    Item: 6128858
    Security Seal: 28S5
    Instruction Book: 6146259. (One manual, 128pages total counting front & back cover as a page. The last page actually numbered is p124).
    Bags: 9 (No bags sealed inside other bags, approx. 2x 'Large', 4x 'Medium', 3x 'Small').
    The bags are slightly different in size.

Now you just need an 'un-boxing' report from a new release, the intermediate release... possibly from both sides of the pond... etc

MattsWhat
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    ...And just for sake of completion, (if it's of any interest), the fix issued by Customer Services (UK) for the initial (UK) edition is:

Technical name: Rework bag, 21303
    Part Number: 6162839

Which consists of:
    1 (single sheet) instruction leaflet: 6162845 (to 'unbuild')
    1 (12page) instruction booklet: 6162843 (replacing steps 92 - 109)
    1 small bag (of 12 lego pieces).

MattsWhatkiki180703