Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF Series 16

Comments

• sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 511
    edited February 2016
    Originally there was going to be an Arctic Researcher with penguin; the "Penguin Suit" was added to the list later. But there was some uncertainty about the Arctic Researcher, so the penguin might have been a confusion with Penguin Suit Person. A wildlife photographer equally well might suggest another use of the chimpanzee/orangutan piece. (And if you look back up the page you'll see that LIT did propose the penguin/photographer link!)
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,364
    edited February 2016
    Two separate figures -
    • Wildlife Photographer (who I was told wore a hood and has a penguin)
    • Penguin Suit Guy
    tallblocktookiki180703Jern92
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Maybe I'm just still coming off the high of the excellent Series 15, but 16 doesn't sound nearly as exciting to me. I'm sure that will change once I see them but S15 will be hard to follow. Probably my favorite series to date. 
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    Thanks @CM4S can't have to many penguins!  
    ricecakeJern92
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    "Rogue (think Assassins Creed)" makes my heart tingle
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    I already want 3 figs and still need more of cmf15
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,105
    Sigh... Shut up and take my money, LEGO....
    Just REALLY hope these do not go higher than 3.99 USD per figure though.

TXLegoguy
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 312
    Be nice to find places with series 15 in stock before 16 comes out :(
    madforLEGOmatticus_bricksgmonkey76kiki180703
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,105
    legobod said:
    Be nice to find places with series 15 in stock before 16 comes out :(
    Yeah the Targets near me still did not have them out on the shelves (if they even had them in stock) on Feb 1/2.
  • ethanjwallethanjwall United StatesMember Posts: 118
    If they put an Assassin's Creed-esque guy in a theme, that would make me ecstatic!  :D :D :D :D :D :D
    ARo2891kiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    I don't really see the excitement about the rouge. Is there any evidence it is Assassin's Creed related, or just a guy in hood with knives? Hopefully the torso is reusable as a Kingdoms type peasant, fairly plain.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,435
    ^
    Oooh but I do. That is if you are familiar with the character Ezio Auditore de Firenze from Assassins Creed, the appeal of a CMF which somehow is reminiscent, at least to those who played any of edition of that game series, will be great. A rogue, when this CMF actually happens to be clad with a big hoodie, a cape, and is armed with daggers, however is in any way no direct reference to this game series, as such garments (though not necessarily exactly as featured in that game) were worn in history. However Assassins Creed has become part of today's pop culture, so it is only natural that people will think of Ezio or any of the other Assassins Creed protagonists from any of all the instalments of that series.

I hope the Rogue's torso will be anything but plain, I hope it has both front and back printing, with lots of nice details and adornments. The same goes for the legs.

BTW, IMO there are still way too many CMFs in series 15 without backprinting

I am definitely looking out for a rogue CMF!

I am very curious about all the series 16 CMFs
    - Arabian Knight             
    - Babysitter                     
    - Banana Suit Guy            
    - Cyborg                          
    - Dog Show Judge           
    - Female Kickboxer         
    - Hiker                            
    - Ice Queen                     
    - Imp                              
    - Penguin Suit Guy          
    - Rogue                          
    - Scallywag Pirate           
    - Serenader                    
    - Spooky Boy                  
    - Spy                              
    - Wildlife Photographer  

@CM4S
    Thanks for all the info!
    CCC said:
    I don't really see the excitement about the rouge. Is there any evidence it is Assassin's Creed related, or just a guy in hood with knives? 
    Likely the latter, but I think J2G used that as a mental reference for what to expect.  Cause otherwise Rogue can be ambiguous.  When I read rogue I think mostly of Ethan Hunt and that DEFINITELY resembles nothing close to a hooded figure from a different century.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,064
    ^ Agreed.  Guy with hood and knives, the rest is our imagination!
    edited February 2016
    ^^^ I know what Assassins Creed is. I still don't see the leap between rogue and it being Ezio or anything to do with the franchise. It is like saying we were going to get a Russell Crowe before S5 came out.
    We're getting someone with a hood and a dagger, is that better? :P
    TheBigLegoskikiki180703
    Yes, because it avoids the disappointment when people realise it is not the start of an Assassins Creed theme.
    SumoLegokiki180703
    CCC said:
    Yes, because it avoids the disappointment when people realise it is not the start of an Assassins Creed theme.
    If J2G hadn't said "think Assassin's Creed" would that be even more better? :P
     Eurobricks rumours spread like wildfire. Someone will complain that the rogue doesn't look like Ezio when it was meant to be him.
    SumoLegokiki180703
    edited February 2016
    And by the way, Lego is not going to license that franchise anyway.

I think another company in the building toys market may already be producing sets?
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,672
    Ones I'm interested in:

the pirate, could always use more pirate torsos for my fleet. 

Serenader, if he is Mexican as was rumored might go great with my western town.

female kickboxer, depending how done there could be a leg piece with printed shorts. For the torso we will probably get a tank top, but if a sports bra type top might be good for my biker gang.
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 795
    edited February 2016
    Arabian knight? An ottoman? Maybe we'll get a templar in the next wave? Serenader makes me think of a bard and I hope he comes with a lute.
    CCC said:
    I would hope that people are intelligent enough to realize AC would never get a LEGO license. EVER.  Too much of that game is predicated around the killing of other humans in magnificent ways.  
    TheBigLegoskikiki180703
    ^ Isn't that precisely the point?
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 282
    Assassins Creed means diddly squat to me. 

The true definition of rogue wouldn't lend itself to any particular appearance.  When I think of a rogue, I think of a Hell's Angel type biker guy... or an elephant.
    pharmjodkiki180703
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Isn't that precisely the point?
    Yes and I absolutely love it.
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,672
    When I hear rogue I think of a certain Carcharodon carcharias

TheBigLegoskikiki180703
    Whereas I think of the original Rogue computer game ...

Dedgeckotamamahmkiki180703binaryeyeMattDawson
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,426
    When I hear 'Rogue' I think of the fantasy archetype (eg classic fantasy setting - wizard, dwarf, elf archer, rogue/thief etc etc). Hood and daggers just about sums it up. A new colour of hood is always welcome, but seeing as we already have grey, black, white, red, dark red, dark green and dark blue, I'm struggling to think of a colour that would fit (maybe dark purple?).
    TheBigLegoskikiki180703
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited February 2016
    CCC said:
    Whereas I think of the original Rogue computer game ...

The graphics of this are pretty poor.  The texture mapping on those corridors is atrocious ;)
    So the rogue minifig is one of these Steve's with a green body then?

Edit: Wait you can already amke that!
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but after finally finding some S15 today, I noticed something cool on the little paper insert. 

There's a #6932 Stardefender 200 in the background behind the astronaut (and another one off to the left). I thought it was a cool little throwback worth sharing. 
    VorpalRyuDedgeckomadforLEGOkiki180703The_Mad_VulcanBlueTacochuckp
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 795
    @matticus_bricks and it's shooting at an Alien Conquest #7052! Nothing like mashing themes lol 
    VorpalRyukiki180703
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Looking at the CMF 16 list, it looks like we're going to get two CMF animals as well: dog judge and wildlife photographer.

What other cool accessories are you looking forward to in the next CMF series (16)?
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    ^ An acoustic guitar has been on my list of wanted accessories. 
    Toc13Dedgeckomatticus_brickskiki180703
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    legomatt said:
    Time for a El Mariachi / Desperado MOC!
    gmonkey76kiki18070377ncaachamps
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    legomatt said:
    Same! Isn't there some kind of "serenader" in series 16? Fingers crossed its a mariachi guy with a guitar. 
    legomatt said:
    Same! Isn't there some kind of "serenader" in series 16? Fingers crossed its a mariachi guy with a guitar. 
    It is.
    matticus_brickskiki180703
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    Fauch said:
    If the Secret Agent is anything like James Bond, you should have the ultimate "gentleman."
    not sure I would call him gentleman.
    Classy Man-Wh0re...?

Toc13kiki180703
    edited February 2016
    Just a gigolo...

... who ain't got nobody... except a really weird saxophone soloist...
    JudgeChuckgmonkey76VorpalRyukiki180703
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,434
    edited February 2016
    ^Love that song... Dave Lee Roth's version is quite fun as well! ;-)

SumoLegoTheBigLegoskigmonkey76VorpalRyukiki180703tallblocktooricecakeoldtodd33
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,435
    ^
    Wow, another reminder how the eighties were both pretty horrible and wonderful at the same time. Just checking out all those clothes and outfits and cameos (don't know if those were impersonations or the actual pop-artists themselves?!).
    B.t.w. that Dave Lee Roth version is actually quite funny and just the right medicine to combat a heavy dose of lame ass Monday blues! He is/was actually not a bad singer and performer/entertainer at all.

ps.
    I kind of hope that instrument for the Serenader is a classical/medieval Lute, not just an acoustic guitar. Not that there is anything wrong with acoustic guitars. But I hope the serenader is a medieval/renaissance 'Romeo & Juliet' type of CMF.

pps.
    Isn't a secret agent minifigure about the most underwhelming character you can think of in terms of appearance!?!
    About as exciting as your series 9 waiter.
    Having said that, I did thoroughly enjoy the film 'The Man from U.N.C.L.E.' the other night; i.e. a couple of swaggering secret agents who totally kicked ass with the typical Guy Ritchie sort of flair, humor, and a whole bunch of catchy musical underscores to accompany it all!
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,668
    Maybe the serenader will be a CMF of John Cusak with a boombox in "Say Anything". Doubtful, but you never know 'til they get released...
    77ncaachamps
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643

pps.
    Isn't a secret agent minifigure about the most underwhelming character you can think of in terms of appearance!?!
    About as exciting as your series 9 waiter.

Who is the second most expensive member of Series 9 (after chicken suit guy).
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,539
    penguin suit guy?
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    when hearing "rogue" i think of the thiefs in dark souls and dark souls 2...  i think their armor is called "ROGUE HOOD" ....  pretty accurate!
    edited May 2016
    When I hear Rogue, I think of X-Men....and Gambit! Thought the green guy was a ninja like Storm Shadow

I suppose we are going to have two competing CMF S16 threads?

Can we combine these?

@drdavewatford; @CapnRex101
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    The dog is pretty darn sweet.  Why does the banana guy have the word banana on the suit?  Is that from something that I don't know about?  The mariachi player is just a few head swaps away from being The Three Amigos!

Glad Goth girl now has a bf.
    pharmjod