Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    edited February 2016
    Ahhhhh. I got ya now. Well, you lead with "2nd biggest bedroom" of a 3 up 4 down house, so naturally I figured you meant bedroom, not just any room in the house ;)

Still say hi to John Boy for me anyway :)
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,882
    edited February 2016
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,882
    ^ Well, thank you Samsung, for providing me with a crappy recharger.

Round #2:

$80k + BMW = X7

Pitfall69
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    I think I've become a collector - decided that I'm a spacer at heart. But classic space was always the 'old' stuff that I had handed down from my older brothers- yacky grey, trans-yellow and blue. I'm a child of the 80s, the space shuttle is my idea of space travel, white and black is the scheme for me.  So that's easy, Futuron gives me that and is the space theme I remember most (along with Blacktron). Ok so I need every Futuron set, its a nice achievable range to sit alongside the Blacktron I've already got covered. 

Trouble is, clearly there are sets at the end of classic space that strongly relate to Futuron and sets in my failing memory i think of as Futuron are actually classic. Sets like #6783 and #6972 released in the midst of Futuron would fit perfectly other than the minifigues. So should I get those as well? My first space sets, that I remember building for the first time like it was yesterday (well kind of) is #6971 the intergalactic command base and little sets like #6846. Primarily blue so very different, but yet somehow I feel drawn to them. I think this is a slippy slope.
    And I too am quite fond of the color scheme and overall design of the Futuron theme.  Lego designers started to deconstruct the space theme over time and Futuron is an interesting hybrid between the truly weird Exploriens and Space Police.  I like to think that Futuron is all about exploration like Classic Space, but they do have those trans-red guns everywhere.  Then again those could just be radars and sensors.  

Anyway, here is a picture of my current setup.  I had a larger monorail layout but downsized due to space restraints.  

tallblocktoocheshirecatSuperTrampGothamConstructionCoPitfall69kiki180703Rsa33Galactus
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 329
    Pitfall69 said:
    Right, so you said 3 up and 4 down. So, X3+X4=X7

Pitfall69 said:
    @Rebelego
    all that lego to build with....
    wish i had a room like that.
    If you keep it up you will.  These things take time, money and space!
    time i have, lots and lots of it :p
    money, i have, if i wait enough time.
    now Space, that is some think i don't have.
    as i still live at home. and i think my family has lived in this house for over 40 years.
    a lot of crap can build up in 40 years.
    and i am in the 2nd biggest bed room, of an 3 up, 4 down house.
    still it been my home all my life, to leave it would be quite hard.
    7 Bedrooms? Do you live with the Walton's? Say hi to John Boy for me :)
    3 up 4 down means 7 rooms total in the house. One will be a kitchen, 1 lounge, 1 dining room and I am assuming 3 bedrooms upstairs 
    chrisalddinkiki180703
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    edited February 2016
    Reconfigured the study this weekend to free-up some shelf display space...

tallblocktookiki180703
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 156
    @Pitfall69 O.o ... W0w...

On a different note, tonight we got the last two modular sets we've been after for a while set us back AU$1200 But I think that's a fair price (who the hell am I kidding, awesome price!!) for Grand Emporium and Town Hall, BNIB (Although not for long lol) Valentine's day budget totally blown but it's worth it. Think Vorpal is in a bit of shock though... LOL
    tallblocktooVorpalRyucatwranglerPitfall69kiki180703
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,306
    Yes, as @xiahna mentioned a little bit in shock, but so looking forward to building the Emporium & having Spidey swinging off the sign (might have to play around with ideas on how to add Gobby flying passed on the glider I built).
    Pitfall69SumoLegokiki180703xiahna
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    mathew said:
    Anyway, here is a picture of my current setup.  I had a larger monorail layout but downsized due to space restraints.  
    No pun intended, I presume? Anyway, that's a great display you have there! I especially like how you angled that Stardefender 200. I'd really like to get a Futuron Monorail myself someday. 
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,008
    Going through my piece stockpiles. Got a large box of small plastic bags form WalMart, which helps sort more precisely. I had some types mixed in large bags.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,853
    Oh god. Troubled by the price of Lunar Boxes, I started picking up compartmentalised loom band boxes in charity shops. Result: spent most of the day sorting Technic components into two of them, only for one to fall apart when lifted. AUGH. Sometimes cheap really is a bad idea...
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    Oh god. Troubled by the price of Lunar Boxes, I started picking up compartmentalised loom band boxes in charity shops. Result: spent most of the day sorting Technic components into two of them, only for one to fall apart when lifted. AUGH. Sometimes cheap really is a bad idea...
    You might be interested in these then (although looks like no NI store :( ) -
    http://www.thetoyshop.com/arts-creative-play/loom-kits/loom-band-accessories/loom-band-storage-cases/Jacks-Loopies-Loom-Band-Storage-Case-and-Organiser/p/519557
    Picked up a couple at that price, just for minifig parts to be honest.  They seem OK nothing to write home about but for the price you can't argue.

chrisalddinkiki180703catwrangleriso3200
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,007
    MattsWhat said:
    http://www.thetoyshop.com/arts-creative-play/loom-kits/loom-band-accessories/loom-band-storage-cases/Jacks-Loopies-Loom-Band-Storage-Case-and-Organiser/p/519557
    Picked up a couple at that price, just for minifig parts to be honest.  They seem OK nothing to write home about but for the price you can't argue.

star find.
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    @kajolo

take dat blue olaf summertime baseplate. and moc a pool!
    kajolo
    tried to make a brickfilm with my nephew ...

conclusion :
    dont mess up with the timer! and make a better road!
    kajolocatwranglerkiki180703thebeermonkeyGalactus
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,853
    MattsWhat said:

That's a fantastic price - thanks! And nice to see they don't gouge NI on postage, either! One query - are the compartment dividers fixed in place? That was one of the reasons my other box came to grief - moveable dividers that decided to move when the thing was lifted!
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    My status: ordered all the new Mixels off [email protected], was shorted one, again. This is the 2nd or 3rd time there's been a mixels mix-up and I was shorted, so I dunno if I need to stop ordering all 9 at once or what. I feel like if I keep pointing it out they're going to doubt me, but maybe closer attention to packing boxes is to be had! :)
    MattsWhat said:

That's a fantastic price - thanks! And nice to see they don't gouge NI on postage, either! One query - are the compartment dividers fixed in place? That was one of the reasons my other box came to grief - moveable dividers that decided to move when the thing was lifted!
    from what i read on the reviews, the dividers are fixed.
    catwrangler
    I have a lot of road plates and ought to find room for a layout. I did build a hospital on the edge of a curved plate - http://www.mediafire.com/view/ij0vvdibmb34835/0600_The_Hospital_on_LEGO_Street.jpg

@catwrangler they are fixed, the compartments are squared at the bottom so a bit annoying to get out tiny parts (like hands).  Not as good as the cases with loads of removable individual tubs, but better than the ones with dividers the pieces can get under would be my verdict.
    I like them, but they don't really hold much lego at the end of the day.  So I use them for minifigures and modified 1x1 type stuff.  Anything bigger than 2x2 plates fills the compartments so fast it's easier just to use RUBs.  Still, I picked up 5 at that price.
    catwrangler
    I've seen those plastic boxes with dividers for hardware or fishing tackle, and it seems they'd work as well for small craft supplies.

I use old pill jars for small pieces. Those also fill up quickly for all but the tiniest pieces. I use plastic bags/tubs and cardboard boxes for more, often holding related smaller containers.
    pay rise inc = more lego  :)
    thebeermonkeytecjam
    MattsWhat said:

i am pleased to say that i have picked up 9 of them today.
    also sold off a as$ load of old Games and other stuff like a ipod Nano 4th gen to CEX. that is going to help me next month.
    when a set of parts no longer fit in this i will move it to the small food tubs i have,
    so it should work out well.
    dont know if getting 9 of them was over the top or not.
    was going to get 6, but when i got there could not help my self, the shop had 3 colors for sale. so i got 3 of each color.
    also got told that them only came in yesterday and my guess is them will be sold out by this time tomorrow. so got super lucky.
    catwrangler
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,555
    Been feeling a bit sorry for myself,  stuck at home with the flu.  No energy even for Lego :-(
    But I'm just watching the Great Interior Design Challenge and looking forward to seeing how one of the designers creates a lamp with a Lego base for a little boy's superhero themed bedroom. 
    MrGudzGothamConstructionCobandit778mr.pigglesPitfall69snowhitiekiki180703
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    My current Lego status?

Dismantling the Ferris Wheel, Kwik-E-Mart, Tardis, TBBT, Changing Season and a few other bits and pieces including boxing all my mini figs, cling filming and bubble wrapping my trains and boxing them off.

We are moving house next Friday with my Wife due with our first child a fortnight later.
    Wish me luck as I don't think there will be much time for building. I guess I'm going to have to learn to love Duplo! 
    SamJBrickDancerPitfall69tallblocktoolegonut80kajolokiki180703
    Been feeling a bit sorry for myself,  stuck at home with the flu.  No energy even for Lego :-(
    But I'm just watching the Great Interior Design Challenge and looking forward to seeing how one of the designers creates a lamp with a Lego base for a little boy's superhero themed bedroom. 
    sorry to hear that Lost.
    hope you feel better soon,
    here is a cyber cookie For you (::)
    LostInTranslationkiki180703
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,048
    There's a lot of it about @LostInTranslation

Temperatures, coughs, spluttering and other unpleasantries have hit 3 in our household this week and it seems to go on forever. I've got a stack of sets that I'd love to build but can't be bothered - instead I've spent days just languishing on the sofa.

On the plus side I've completed Tomb Raider and am working nicely through the Uncharted collection between sleeps ;-)
    my lego Status today.

well with the order i placed with Tesco Direct.
    i will only be missing 1 fun pack from wave 1 of Dimensions.
    i am waiting for a price drop on wave 3 level pack and wave 2 and 3 teem packs and fun packs.

also planning out what to buy next month.
    do i get one of each Modular Building still sold on [email protected] or do i double up now and get 2 of each 10246: Detective's Office and 10232: Palace Cinema.
    each plan has it plus and negatives sides.

i have also sorted out the tub of extra parts i been keeping in to one of the trays i picked up yesterday. 

i seem to have a lot of time on my hands.
    if any one has some ideas for me to try i am all ears.
    nice ideas please not rude ones.

ps.
    non lego news. i have done my leg in. When i am walking about it feels like it about to give out under me. it is not a nice feeling.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,761
    Dimensions.  We've had waves?  Sigh.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,048
    edited February 2016
    MattsWhat said:
    Thanks for the heads up @MattsWhat - I just grabbed 8 of these. Very useful for a pound each, and bigger than I thought too.
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 329
    I'm off to bed. Have just spent 4 hours trying to work out a quick(er) way of using bricklink. It's a great site but I think I need more practice. Also think I need new glasses as trying to identify different greys and tans so I ordered the right ones was hard work tonight. 
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    @thebeermonkey we moved house 7 days before our 2nd child was due, it's a crazy time and luckily was 7 days late in the end. Don't let your wife do too much on moving day :)

oh and there's loads to love about Duplo :) I think I'm an AFOD too haha 
    JennithebeermonkeyLego_Starkiki180703
    really diggin duplo animals
    legonut80thebeermonkeykiki180703
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    @legonut80

The most strenuous thing my wife will be lifting will be a tea cup.
    legonut80JenniLostInTranslationkiki180703
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,188
    Just received a small BL order of a couple of hundred special pieces for my Minecraft collection, some replacement plates to replace a couple of damaged ones in my Classic Space collection, plus 2 Classic Space minifigs, one in blue (original Benny) and one in black. Separately, a #5002812 Classic Spaceman Minifigure, courtesy of @cheshirecat and finally a second #21102 Minecraft Micro World: The Forest, so that I can do something interesting with those sets...
    So, spent the evening checking through everything, sorting those pieces and figs that can go straight into the collection and getting the rest ready for a soap 'n' water bath... All-in-all a most enjoyable time! :-)
    My dad asked if he could build a Lego set because he'd never built anything with Lego before. I brought him something small, and it took him a while, but he seemed to enjoy it. Now he's asking me if I have anything with Darth Vader he could build. I don't, I know nothing about Star Wars Lego, but I'm tempted to find him something small with Vader in it if I can. (Or just bricklink the minifigure and fake it.)

Guess you can teach an old dad new tricks. :)
    Rsa33legonut80kajoloMattsWhatBumblepantssnowhitieYodaliciouskiki180703Renny
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    ^ on vacation with my parents four years ago I bought a bunch of PAB and upended it on a table for my daughter. My father, who never touched my LEGO when I was a kid, spent a good bit of time building a two tailed antelope. You never know. She's saving her pirate chess set to build and play with him this summer.

Rsa33legonut80Bumblepantsmr.pigglessnowhitieYodaliciouskiki180703
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,307
    Shib said:
    VorpalRyu said:
    Finding the Lego MARVEL Avengers to the most disappointing Lego game yet.
    Really, that's a shame, hoping my copy will arrive today, although I'm unlikely to get chance to play it until next week.

VorpalRyu said:
    Still no idea how to change to other characters in the hub worlds, there is no map & the lack of the S.H.I.E.L.D vehicle pads, not feeling this at all.
    Have you finished the storyline yet? generally I think with previous games they've restricted character changes until you finish the story and open freeplay for the open worlds. (Dimensions broke this trend for the obvious reason ;-) )

@VorpalRyu - I've had a chance to play it a bit now and it is like the last marvel game, you can enter free play in the hub worlds before finishing all the levels by finding a vehicle call in point and choosing a different character. After doing that it'll let you hold the character select button to bring up the full menu.

of course you might have found that/finished all levels by now, but hey ho.

^so it is worth playing then?  Ordered for my silver centurion and was debating selling it sealed after the damning comment @VorpalRyu gave it. Or I could actually play it with my eldest (or on my own of course).
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,307
    I've been enjoying it so far, not being able to bring up a map is annoying (same true of dimensions) but it's still a fun game. The sequence of events is a but weird from the perspective of someone who knows the MCU quite well, a full tour of the MCU would have been better, but it's not enough to ruin it for me.
    MattsWhatkiki180703
  • tecjamtecjam Germany / SwitzerlandMember Posts: 255
    This weekend I need to take more stuff apart. I've come to the point where I have so little space left, I need to box some displayed sets up again to be able to do the new sets justice. Only then will I start building again ...

Oh, the pain!
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 919
    I have always been wondering, who actually coined the term AFOL?

Isn't ALF (Adult Lego Fan) a better term?
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,306
    edited February 2016
    @Recce, I object to being an ALF, I don't eat cats & I don't cry tears the colour of grape soda...
    xiahnakiki180703
    Maybe it used to be an Adult Fan of (something else) which we borrowed.  Most other letters will sound nice in the AFO(L) but not in A(L)F.  T for example.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,555

Back in at work today (booooo) but I sent an email round that I'll be organising the 3rd annual Fairy Friday cake sale two weeks today and already had 10 volunteer bakers reply so that makes me feel happy :)

And there were a couple of Lego parcels waiting for me too :)

cheshirecatJennilegonut80bandit778MrGudzSirBenkiki180703
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Recce said:
    I have always been wondering, who actually coined the term AFOL?
    There was a thread about this many moons ago, preceding a blog post about the same topic by @BooTheMightyHamster (link in the thread):

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/18043
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,450
    My dad asked if he could build a Lego set because he'd never built anything with Lego before. I brought him something small, and it took him a while, but he seemed to enjoy it. Now he's asking me if I have anything with Darth Vader he could build. I don't, I know nothing about Star Wars Lego, but I'm tempted to find him something small with Vader in it if I can. (Or just bricklink the minifigure and fake it.)

Guess you can teach an old dad new tricks. :)

maybe the constraction darth vader figure.
    otherwise I think the sets with darth vader are the imperial star destroyer and the death star final duel but they are more expensive.
    mr.piggleskiki180703
  • brianb23brianb23 Member Posts: 8

Mentioned you in our latest episode of Built from Bricks, talking about investing and collecting and how great this site is for that!!!!   Ya gotta watch the episode at least :)

Thanks

Brian

chrisalddinkiki180703
    Fauch said:
    maybe the constraction darth vader figure.
    otherwise I think the sets with darth vader are the imperial star destroyer and the death star final duel but they are more expensive.
    I was thinking the constraction figure might be perfect for him, kind of a manly desk display. When I was a kid, I bought #7194 for like 30.00, built it, and then it disappeared... he still has it in his office to this day. Constraction Vader might go nicely with that.