Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF Series 16

Comments

• ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    @BrickDancer Yes, that is a penguin Transformer, Break, though he's really more of a shell-former.

@MattsWhat LOL I see it now, but unfortunately it's just the camera angle. But I'll see if I can make it happen for real :)

@Pumpkin_3CK5 I have a Penguins of Madagascar thing that I have in my office at work :)

@tallblocktoo That's another good one, I'll keep my eye out for one.

To keep this LEGO related, #852987 Penguin Key Chain is on the top shelf, and #41043 Friends Penguin's Playground and #40061 Igloo are on the bottom shelf. My friend also got me a clone brick-built penguin from the Maryland Zoo (not pictured), which I am considering reproducing using actual LEGO bricks. I am also considering getting some of the DC Superheroes Penguin sets.

Back on topic, obviously if there is a penguin (or a penguin suit) in this series, they will be added to the collection.
    tallblocktookiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,945
    Yes, I'm being partially facetious.
    matticus_brickskiki180703
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    Or they could do a Maxwell Smart, or the opposite direction, Archer.
    VorpalRyukiki180703gmonkey76
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    edited February 2016
    ^ Sterling Archer minifigure needed!!! Want!!!
    SumoLegoxiahna
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,035
    I am really curious about the babysitter, because it should contain another baby. What will it look like? The 'Indian Momma' from series 15 has one that is wrapped up. I kind of hope this one will just be a Lego kitten sized tiny figure wearing a diaper or something like that
    They could well use the forthcoming baby figure from the fun at the park set. That'd be a good way of getting a cheap baby boom in Legoland for sure.
    Coolguy5000kiki180703
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,346
    edited February 2016
    @iso3200
    Oooh Wow! I totally missed that baby in that set http://brickset.com/sets/60134-1
    That is a pretty cool baby. (it is funny that I should write that, because I really don't care much for babies or more generally anything that wears a diaper, and sometimes when family or friends have a new baby, and you go visit I am like OK it is cool, no I don't want to hold it, and you are keeping a straight face when really this would be my first response if I did not suppress it)

(the exception of course are your own kids, when you act just as ridiculous as all the other new parents)
    Anyway...
    Looks like its hands/clutches are the same width/diameter as the broomstick / walking-cane or magic wand if you are into the whole Harry Potter thing / sword handle (hilt) etc. , I am wondering if the space inside the baby's clutch/hand is the width of a plant/flower stalk, or a smaller size like that of the plume/flame piece, tiara and all those friends hair ribbon bow thingies which you can attach to helmets and hairpieces?!?
    I suppose the baby's head is the same size as a round one stud brick, or not?!?
    Still wondering what it's legs will look like, or if it's body is just one piece with two arms attached to it. Wonder if those arms have proper minifig shoulder joints?!
    Anyway thanks for that heads-up.

VorpalRyu said:
    ^ Sterling Archer minifigure needed!!! Want!!!
    Never, in a million, billion years.  But that would be epic!
    VorpalRyu
    @SumoLego Hoping the secret agent is wear tactleneck, in a slightly darker black.
    SumoLegokiki180703xiahna
    We can pretend it's more of a Roger Moore flavor...
    VorpalRyugmonkey76
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,818
    SumoLego said:
    Diet coke mixed with non-alcoholic beer?
    SumoLego
    But if this secret agent minifigure is a Bond stand in, I'd prefer it based on Connery or Brosnan...
    xiahnagmonkey76
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,296
    seriously doubting he would have a walther ppk, probably either the alien conquest gun, which wouldn't really fit a bond fig or a non-weapon accessory.
    Dedgecko
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    what about timothy dalton
    catwrangler
    not sure which fundamental difference it would make in lego form. I doubt his face will be based on any of the actors.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,290
    New figure - Female Kickboxer!
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    ricecake said:
    @BrickDancer Yes, that is a penguin Transformer, Break, though he's really more of a shell-former.

@MattsWhat LOL I see it now, but unfortunately it's just the camera angle. But I'll see if I can make it happen for real :)

@Pumpkin_3CK5 I have a Penguins of Madagascar thing that I have in my office at work :)

@tallblocktoo That's another good one, I'll keep my eye out for one.

To keep this LEGO related, #852987 Penguin Key Chain is on the top shelf, and #41043 Friends Penguin's Playground and #40061 Igloo are on the bottom shelf. My friend also got me a clone brick-built penguin from the Maryland Zoo (not pictured), which I am considering reproducing using actual LEGO bricks. I am also considering getting some of the DC Superheroes Penguin sets.

Back on topic, obviously if there is a penguin (or a penguin suit) in this series, they will be added to the collection.
    You are not alone....penguins are the best! (I have all the super P_mobil penguin sets, too. They are such cute little devils! Can't wait to see some LEGO penguins. And maybe some of us are tired of all those cute doggy and kitty photos and figs...
    ricecake
    CM4S said:
    New figure - Female Kickboxer!
    No side or roundhouse kicks allowed, front kicks only.
    TheBigLegoskikiki180703CM4S
    brumey said:
    what about timothy dalton
    Mr. Pricklepants?

(You know nobody will acknowledge him as a credible Bond.)
    VorpalRyubrumeykiki180703gmonkey76

CCC said:
    SumoLego said:
    And candy cigarettes...
    VorpalRyukiki180703
    Fauch said:
    seriously doubting he would have a walther ppk, probably either the alien conquest gun, which wouldn't really fit a bond fig or a non-weapon accessory.
    Moonraker laser rifle or the golden gun
    VorpalRyukiki180703gmonkey76
    Dalton was better at playing villains, he shouldn't have been picked for Bond, Lazenby was better.
    xiahna
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 154

NOOOO!!!! GAH! I HATE Flash Gordon!! And I am now waiting to see if a footballer or female journalist appear in series 16 -.- fml my husband showed my 6yr old the movie... and when he took a look at the figures we have he voiced what I was thinking a while ago 'That one looks like Ming! And we have a bird man too!!' ARG! here comes the moc designs. I'm moving out or something till this goes away lol
    LostInTranslationTheBigLegoskiVorpalRyuRidzDesign77ncaachampsgmonkey76
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,836
    edited February 2016

SumoLego said:
    Mr. Pricklepants?

(You know nobody will acknowledge him as a credible Bond.)
    Mr. Pricklepants is a distant relative of mine.
    iso3200LostInTranslationpharmjodSumoLegokiki180703GothamConstructionCogmonkey76Pitfall69
    oh yes, they did the golden gun before. though it's different from scaramanga's one.
    moonraker? not sure it's a good idea...

I liked dalton, he felt more human than connery or moore. lazenby was the most human and the only one who didn't look invulnerable, which was a good thing.
    catwrangler
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    SumoLego said:

CCC said:
    SumoLego said:
    And candy cigarettes...
    Don't judge, Roger Moore is one of my favorite Bonds. Sure, he's cheesy and doesn't really look the part, and he made some really wonky movies (I'm looking at you, Moonraker) but for the most part he's fun and entertaining. And The Spy Who Loved me is just fantastic. 
    I doubt he would have candy cigarettes anyway, not with his diabetes.

The diet coke and non-alcoholic beer is his ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/jamesbond/11065466/Sir-Roger-Moore-I-cant-drink-martinis-any-more-but-life-is-bliss.html

SumoLegokiki180703
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 539
    @xiahna ; You know that there is a Flash Gordon remake in the works again, so you will have to hide for quite a while...
    VorpalRyukiki180703
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 154
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooOOOooooooOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! (No I didn't) GAH! Next you'll tell me Hems will be playing Flash (PLEASE tell me my husband is being facetious!) Because then I'd have to see the damn thing. And get the Lego sets they'd potentially make. fml
    VorpalRyuLostInTranslationtallblocktookiki180703gmonkey76
    So I guess you could say .... Flash Gordon approaching.
    LostInTranslationInfinitymanVorpalRyubandit778Galactuskiki180703
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    edited February 2016
    Or... 

"GORDON'S ALIVE!!"

I do love the crazyness of Flash Gordon. But why can't they leave these classics alone? If they mess with Labyrinth or, worse, The Princess Bride (inconceivable!) I will have to send a very strongly worded letter to Hollywood. 
    TheBigLegoskibandit778GothamConstructionCokiki180703gmonkey76
    edited February 2016
    ^
    As a little kid I just totally loved loved loved that film: 'Labyrinth', just like 'The Dark Crystal', and still do.
    I would not mind some more CMF elves. We still don't even have a girl CMF elf.
    (not talking about minidoll Elves, even though those are also really cute and funny looking things which I BTW have been able to resist to buy, as I cannot collect everything anyway)

ps.
    I don't think I have ever seen that movie: Flash Gordon.
    LostInTranslationkiki180703
    @TheBigLegoski Here's the trailer, 
    LostInTranslationTheBigLegoskikiki180703andhexiahnaPitfall69
    Anything done by Queen is alright in my book.

I barely remember the movie, except for when the theme song was playing.
    VorpalRyuLostInTranslationBumblepantskiki180703
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 485
    edited February 2016
    My most vivid memories: Flash inserting his arm in the tree trunk, risking a deadly bite and the fight on the moving platform with the spikes shooting up from the floor. I may have looked away at the time!
    VorpalRyuLostInTranslationkiki180703andhe
    And Peter Duncan from Blue Peter doing it too.
    LostInTranslationToc13kiki180703
  • 3stackshs3stackshs Member Posts: 294
    ^
    As a little kid I just totally loved loved loved that film: 'Labyrinth', just like 'The Dark Crystal', and still do.
    (not talking about minidoll Elves, even though those are also really cute and funny looking things which I BTW have been able to resist to buy, as I cannot collect everything anyway)

ps.
    Pshh you remind me of the babe
    xiahna
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,836
    Didn't flash Gordon attribute his athletic prowess to being QB for the Jets? Perhaps the most difficult thing to believe in that film.
    DougTemplarxiahna
  • deephorsedeephorse West Yorkshire, U.K.Member Posts: 83
    CCC said:
    Do they go on discount in the US? I'm not bothering with S15 until they are 50% off. Even the popular S14 have been easy to find at £1 each in UK.

Easy to find where?  I've never seen CMFs discounted in the areas I frequent.
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    3stackshs said:
    ^

ps.
    Pshh you remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    xiahna
    ^
    Jennifer Connely was a very very bad bad babysitter!
    If that is not what @3stackshs meant, I am just as lost as you are.

Actually this film is from 1986 so I must have been about eleven when I saw it, so not totally a little kid any more. Anyway I remember the first time I saw it I really fancied Jennifer Connely, who is five years older then me and must have been 15 or 16 when they shot this film, next to it just being a really fun and entertaining cool Jim henson movie with all those puppets and David Bowie.
    Toc13kiki180703
  • 3stackshs3stackshs Member Posts: 294
    ^
    Jennifer Connely was a very very bad bad babysitter!
    If that is not what @3stackshs meant, I am just as lost as you are.

Actually this film is from 1986 so I must have been about eleven when I saw it, so not totally a little kid any more. Anyway I remember the first time I saw it I really fancied Jennifer Connely, who is five years older then me and must have been 15 or 16 when they shot this film, next to it just being a really fun and entertaining cool Jim henson movie with all those puppets and David Bowie.
    Haha @AllBrick got my reference to the late great David Bowie...

TheBigLegoskiAllBrickmadforLEGOkiki180703gmonkey76xiahna
    Aha!

Remembering song lyrics is not my strong suit.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,290
    So yeah, Series 16 has a rogue too. One with a hood and daggers.
    BumblepantsLostInTranslationkiki180703
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,031
    edited February 2016
    New video from just2good: 

We now have a list of 14 minifigs of 16!
    tallblocktooLostInTranslationTheBigLegoskiVorpalRyu
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    edited February 2016
    Great stuff! Excited for a lot of those. Wildlife photographer could be the female with penguin.  I hope the hiker is female.  I am intrigued by the Arabian Knight (nice pun there).  Hopefully that will somehow complement an Aladdin Disney fig. 
    Edit -  I was already excited about the penguin suit and banana suit costumes,  glad the imp is a devil type costume. 

Off topic:
    And as someone going through a Pokémon phase at the moment (I play madly for a few weeks then not for months) I appreciate the music :-) Especially with the 20th anniversary coming up in February (I've already preordered the Special Pokémon Yellow 2DS). 
    kiki180703
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 481
    Still curious to see how they make it clear that's a dog show judge. Hoping for a new dog mold that isn't Friendified!!
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    @sklamb I was thinking the same regarding the wildlife photographer.  Plenty of cameras in these sets.  Would the character some with an animal of some sort?

• sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 481
    edited February 2016
    Someone speculated the wildlife photographer would come with a penguin. (Sorry I can't remember who--might have been @LostInTranslation.)
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    Really they would put two penguins in one line up?  Seems odd.  As there is already a penguin suit guy.