Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF 15 at Target - 3.99

2»

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,710
    Target uses the same item number for not just one CMF but everyone, so are they series 15, 14, 13, etc.
    If you were to ask I would say ask for the item number, as if you say collectable minifigure they likely will not know.
    Im not sure what you mean, you can buy from either, but a sealed box is less likely to have been picked through (though most people feel the packs to find the figure they want before buying it)
    You open the bag and it does not really wreck the value I believe, but you may want to keep the bags if you ever resell.

KingAlanI
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,017
    I knew Target used the same number for different series. I wondered if older series were worth it.

I knew I could buy from either a sealed or opened case (assuming the store has both). I was asking which is the better idea. An opened case may have been picked through, but you have a point that I'd get to pick through a sealed case.

However, looking at BL, the resale value might not be there when buying at full retail. I don't want to collect them myself, though I might keep leftovers from a resale attempt.
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    edited January 2016
    KingAlanI said:
    The Target near me doesn't have any on the floor, but the inventory checker says they have about 120 in the back.
    I'm guessing I ask for them at the service desk, but what do I ask for?
    Should I get only S15 or are other series worthwhile?
    Is it okay to buy from an opened case, or only from a sealed case?
    How many should I get?
    Will I able to be check packages? How is that done? Alternately, what's the best way to open the bags without harming value?
    1. Find any employee around toys.  Show them the DCPI.  They'll type it in their handheld thing, be confused, maybe think they have them, possibly go to the back, and maybe come back with them.   Or they shrug their shoulders at some point in that description and say they can't find them, you should come back later.
    2. Buy what you want.  If you are trying to recreate a full CMF collection from S1 to S15, be prepared to shell out some $$$.    If you are looking to make money, look at historical prices on BrickLink and eBay and see if you can discern a pattern of profitable minifigs.
    3. OK to buy from either open or sealed case.  The only change is that you know you can find the "rare" figs if you get your hands on a sealed case.  After you see a few cases, you can pretty quickly identified which ones have been sifted through (and likely don't have the "rare" figs) and which ones are rather untouched.
    4. Buy as many as you want?  
    5. Three methods for identification.  1. Open and look.  2. Squish to find distinguishable parts.  3. There are embossed dots on the bottom back of the package.  They are unique to the minifig within a given production lot.  You can occasionally find a matching "dot decoder" online.
    6. I don't know that opened packages harm the value much at all.  Sealed packages are a risky proposition for both seller and buyer.  What if you make a mistake on identifying?  (Much like driving in the snow, we all know that we each are infallible and its the other idiots that cannot do this properly.  But mistakes have been known to happen).  How do you know the buyer is telling the truth if they claim you made a mistake identifying?  
    TyresOFlaherty
    I will say that if you are looking only for at least a set of all 16 , you may want to check out the thread where minifiguresplus has their brickset only pre order offers for a set of 16 and boxes:

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/22516/exclusive-brickset-member-offer-series-15-pre-order#latest

Thanos75grounded
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 401
    If you are in the Twin Cities(MN) area the Maplewood/NorthSt Paul Target has them out for sale. I found them in a different ailse than the rest of the Lego, by the Minions and Transformers.
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 617
    Just wondering, do any of you who buy these play the online game?  Or do you just buy for the figures?  I grab a few now and again mainly as just a quick little toy to get for the kids, but I have the same problem with value that some of you have.  I always tend to talk myself into spending a few more bucks and buying a smaller set with 1-3 minifigures included. 
  • pansyppansyp Pacific NorthwestMember Posts: 93
    goshe7 said:
    KingAlanI said:
    The Target near me doesn't have any on the floor, but the inventory checker says they have about 120 in the back.
    I'm guessing I ask for them at the service desk, but what do I ask for?
    Should I get only S15 or are other series worthwhile?
    Is it okay to buy from an opened case, or only from a sealed case?
    How many should I get?
    Will I able to be check packages? How is that done? Alternately, what's the best way to open the bags without harming value?

5. Three methods for identification.  1. Open and look.  2. Squish to find distinguishable parts.  3. There are embossed dots on the bottom back of the package.  They are unique to the minifig within a given production lot.  You can occasionally find a matching "dot decoder" online.

I thought I'd heard the dot system doesn't work anymore. It's down to using one of the "feel guides" out there to take your best guess. I won't call it easy, but S15 seems easier than some past series with all of its unique parts.
    Seems like opening them is safe, especially for people like me new to feeling the packets. Maybe I should practice on packets I'd open anyway.
    Apparently it would make sense to buy a case, but I can't afford that.
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    pansyp said:
    I thought I'd heard the dot system doesn't work anymore. It's down to using one of the "feel guides" out there to take your best guess. I won't call it easy, but S15 seems easier than some past series with all of its unique parts.
    I think there are so many variations (with the lot numbers) that it is hard to find a useful one online.  I regularly use it in stores to buy multiples.  Squish until I find the figure I'm after, then use the dot pattern on that one to quickly flip through the rest of the box and find duplicates.

It is a major pain trying to find 16 unique dot patterns when sifting through a box.  
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,909
    I've never found the dot pattern to be effective.  Oftentimes, I look at the dot patterns to confirm what I can feel through the packaging.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,317
    I found them in Phoenix AZ @ 19th Ave & W Bethany Home Rd. 2 unopened cases. I got the ones I wanted.
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 341
    Anyone in Utah had any luck? I've been to the American Fork Target almost daily for about a week....
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 225
    I haven't seen any in the Dallas area either.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    saw a box at Hayward, CA Toys R us,  but has been pretty gone thru a few times!
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 782
    Feb 1st is right around the Corner Deli, so I might as well wait for Monday to get some points at the LEGO store.
    Feb 1st is right around the Corner Deli, so I might as well wait for Monday to get some points at the LEGO store.
    Yeah, thought about running to Target o hunt these down for the extras I want. But since I already have a set for myself I think Ill wait a bit and let all of those who have not gotten a set get their first. then start looking for the dups I want.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 714
    Is there usually a Double Points event in February?
    Walgreens had a couple dozen Series 14 bags out, but that series doesn't seem to be worth full retail either. It was better to put my LEGO money into clearance sets. Maybe I could find CMF sales.
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 257
    3 boxes on the shelves at the Target at the District in Irvine/Tustin, CA, on Thursday. Pretty sure they had everything except the shark guy I was looking for. Haven't found any anywhere else yet though.
  • QuentinBrickQuentinBrick STLMember Posts: 21
    I swear wherever I live I create a bubble of "slowness" when it comes to new releases.  I haven't found any S15s in the STL area.
    Got to Target today (Orem, UT), asked a helpful lad to look in the back, he brought out a brand new box, was able to snag the shark guy and the crutches guy. Score!
    Ok, I had to go back and get the astronaut, too....
  • legogrrl4legogrrl4 Member Posts: 42
    legobod said:
    3 boxes on the shelves at the Target at the District in Irvine/Tustin, CA, on Thursday. Pretty sure they had everything except the shark guy I was looking for. Haven't found any anywhere else yet though.
    hmm wonder if they have them at the Target in Orange? I'll have to drop in and check. 
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 782
    edited February 2016
    It took me 45 minutes to feel for Series 14. It took me to feel for a complete Series 15 the same amount of time it took Gideon Graves to track down Ramona's Seven Evil Exes. I think it's 'cause several figs in this wave have helmets, and that threw me off.

"TWO HOURS!!!"

But, I did grab the extras I wanted.
    Infinityman77ncaachamps
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 257
    legogrrl4 said:
    legobod said:
    hmm wonder if they have them at the Target in Orange? I'll have to drop in and check. 
    Let me know if you have any luck
  • legogrrl4legogrrl4 Member Posts: 42
    legobod said:
    legogrrl4 said:
    legobod said:
    Let me know if you have any luck
    Went today..saw nothing. Maybe eventually they will get a batch.
    The Targets around me have been eerily empty in terms of the CMF. Not sure if someone is forgetting to put them out or if they are not carrying them.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    The Targets around me have been eerily empty in terms of the CMF. Not sure if someone is forgetting to put them out or if they are not carrying them.
    same here!  check like 4 Target,  nothing so far,  but at least I already get the shark, Queen thru my friend!