Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Toy Fairs 2016

Comments

• JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,092
    edited January 2016
    Promo bricks have posted a load of pics on their FB page, including Technic, Creator, Angry Birds, Bionicle etc.

They also have pics of all the new Minecraft sets, #21123, #21124, #21125, #21126 and #21127.

There is also a picture of all the minifigs in this release and I can definitely see what look like villagers, although there is no sign of them actually in the sets or on the box art. I wonder what that is about...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,576
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35399316

Looks like Scalextric has won the media wars in the UK, and Stretch Armstrong too. Good to see movie related sales up 27%!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,302
    edited January 2016
    Yeah thebrickfan.com has them too.. Saw the gas station, the plus is a street cleaner is included, but I am not sure on the little tow truck and sport car. Kinda wish that if there was no baseplate there would have at least been a nice detailed 6 wide tow truck. Nice park set, you get the wheelchair and a stroller with the baby/toddler figure. Looks to be like the old figure sets that LEGO to bolster your city ranks. Airport sets are pretty nice as well.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,268
    wow, they went total overkill on technic models
  • willobee498willobee498 CanadalandMember Posts: 349
    Overkill is the easiest way to a Technic fans heart.
    pharmjodBumblepantsPoMoPinkcatwranglerkiki180703GothamConstructionCo
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    The creator lighthouse looks great, but I'm a little let down by the treehouse and will probably pass on it. Marvel bridge and Ghostrider team up is a go. Not interested in Ock's mech but I def. want Ock (new old school print) and Vulture. 

I dont want to collect licensed figs or superhero sets, but I always knew Spidey and his old school rouges would ultimately break me. 

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,268
    edited January 2016
    the volcano sets miss some lava monsters. makes me think of power miners
    gmonkey76
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,356
    Lovely images coming now.
    i think the wheelchair in the city park set is a fantastic accessory, and the pram with the baby are great, really welcome parts.

only really interested in the superhero sets, great looking figures all round but the size of the DC vehicles is off the scale, that bat-tank is something else....

the Spider-Man bridge set is off the charts cool, and the ghost rider set with it. Less impressed with the Doc Octopus mech, again, very big, but the white tiger figure looks amazing.

now needs some nice Star Wars images :)
    catwrangler
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    edited January 2016
    look like the old light house could see a price drop with the new coming out looking similar 
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,802
    Super excited for the summer Nexo Knights sets. I'm going to have to take a long hard look at those just to decide which (if any) NOT to put on my wish list, and whether anything else might have to come off my wish list to accommodate them. Still waiting on Ninjago and Elves pics, as well as more detailed Bionicle pics!
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    I'm a huge fan of the Creator sets with the brick-built animals. (I'm also a fan of the molded animals and have collected as many as possible but) They're really charming and speak of a simplicity and sort of childhood elegance that I think my collection's been lacking. I'm going to have a hard time resisting those. And probably won't. That's about all that's really caught my eye so far. 

LOVING the Park set, that wheelchair's overdue. A baby's overdue. Grandparents are overdue! 

I like the Nexo Knights sets, but I don't see myself buying many or any expensive ones because I need to narrow my focus.
    CircleKcatwrangler
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 763
    The volcano sets don't look that bad, except maybe for the actual volcano lolz. I'm guessing the lighthouse will have light up feature. That half bridge marvel super hero set looks great, and yay new Pumpkin piece. 
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    just seen the Box for #31052
    ok. it looks like i am buying 3 of them.
    i fell like lego is trying to take all my money this year
    caterham7 said:
    look's ok.
    but it is mini dole size. not minifig.
    if it was minifig, then i be all for it.
    madforLEGOBumblepantskiki180703
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,433
    Fauch said:
    the volcano sets miss some lava monsters. makes me think of power miners

was thinking with a few little modifications, and the JW Dinos they could be used as  updated Jonny Thunder and Dino Island.
    caterham7 said:
    their goes the value of the hot dog guy cmf.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,302
    dragon114 said:
    caterham7 said:
    Depends on the price of the set overall I think, but from what I have seen the hotdog guy seemed to be dropping in price anyway.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,777
    Hmm... am I looking forward to converting that camper into an Eagle 5?  Yes, please!
    gmonkey76ricecakeeggshenkiki180703
    SumoLego said:
    Hmm... am I looking forward to converting that camper into an Eagle 5?  Yes, please!
    did not thing of that.
    you have to post a guide on how to do it. when you do make this MOC.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,777
    Don't hold your breath.  I work at a glacial pace.
    gmonkey76brumeykiki180703
    SumoLego said:
    Don't hold your breath.  I work at a glacial pace.
    then i have to look like a "road runner" at the speed i work at next to you :)
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 763
    edited January 2016
    Most of the Nexø sets are great. Don't like macy's vehicle much. Ultimate Axel's color scheme doesn't look that good, but maybe that's just the quality of the photos. The volcano base doesn't look too volcanoish, but it looks good. Ghost Rider looks great and his motorcycle isn't over the top ridiculously ginormous, thank goodness.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,512
    caterham7 said:
    look's ok.
    There's really not any difference between minidoll size and minifig size.  What do you mean? 
    caterham7 said:
    look's ok.
    There's really not any difference between minidoll size and minifig size.  What do you mean? 
    true?
    can someone take a image of the two side by side.
    to me a minidoll  look's to be 1/3 bigger then a minifig.
    edited January 2016
    Just been looking at the pics on The Brick Fan. Nice to see the City Park set with actual minifigures unlike at London toy fair, and they are exactly as designed on the card so I'm pleased with that.  Nice jumpers on grandma and grandpa.  Why couldn't Aunt MsyMay get a print like that insteof of the generic medium blue torso? 

Also I'm extra glad I asked Huw if I could go with him to report on the minidoll themes because I'm seeing a distinct lack of coverage of them from other sites! I need another look at Elves,  Friends theme park and Belle's castle.  Unless I'm missing somewhere that has posted pics? 
    Toc13kiki180703
  • willobee498willobee498 CanadalandMember Posts: 349
    Well, just like Bionicle, some themes don't get much priority for coverage. Currently Bionicle fans are lucky to have a single photo from a fair distance... 
    edited January 2016
    Just been looking at the pics on The Brick Fan. Nice to see the City Park set with actual minifigures unlike at London toy fair, and they are exactly as designed on the card so I'm pleased with that.  Nice jumpers on grandma and grandpa.  Why couldn't Aunt MsyMay get a print like that insteof of the generic medium blue torso? 

Also I'm extra glad I asked Huw if I could go with him to report on the minidoll themes because I'm seeing a distinct lack of coverage of them from other sites! I need another look at Elves,  Friends theme park and Belle's castle.  Unless I'm missing somewhere that has posted pics? 
    here is Elves
    https://www.facebook.com/Promobricks/posts/987971581260545
    images only.

edit and here is friends
    http://zusammengebaut.com/toy-fair-2016-lego-friends-amusement-park-and-horse-riding-club-4174/

and video

• cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    CCC said:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35399316

Looks like Scalextric has won the media wars in the UK, and Stretch Armstrong too. Good to see movie related sales up 27%!
    Good to see the BBC as up to date as usual - the scalextric ARC was released in November 2014!
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,328
    I like the hot dog cart and think it could easily used with minifigures (though I'm surprised the hot dog guy outfit can be used with a  minidoll). A lot of people sound like they don't like the roller coaster, but I think it is a decent set for play value, but maybe the track could be modified (they should sell expansions for that).
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    edited January 2016
    true?
    Mini dolls are taller but they share various wigs and accessories so they are the same size in the head and hands.
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    dragon114 said:
    caterham7 said:
    Depends on the price of the set overall I think, but from what I have seen the hotdog guy seemed to be dropping in price anyway.
    really. i just got the key chain! really diggin this fella. but not for 48USD
    madforLEGOkiki180703
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,621
    With the current pictures I'm fascinated by the following:

-42056 - Technic, Porsche
    -21030 - US Capital Building
    -31052 - Vacation Getaways

Does anyone know if we are getting a look at the Dr. Strange set and the two The Force Awakens sets? Those are the ones I'm most curious about.Now my list looks like this:
    true?
    Mini dolls are taller but they share various wigs and accessories so they are the same size in the head and hands.

ok found a image.
    close in size, a minifig should fit with the hot dog cart .
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    The camper van is a must buy. I love it and may need to actually buy two.

I will probably pick up one or two of the elves sets for a dragon. The hoods with elf ears also look nice even if they are pastel.

Nothing else interests me in this wave.

• caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 380
    edited January 2016

Is the hot dog costume definitely included in the set, or have they just added it for show at the Toy Fair?  If the stickered Porsche isn't going to include those in the finished set, then maybe the costume will be excluded from the final product?

We were told it would be included @caterham7 ;

Thanks for the links to pics.  The Friends ones all look to be of the coasters etc and not the other rides though. 

We were told it would be included @caterham7 ;

Thanks for the links to pics.  The Friends ones all look to be of the coasters etc and not the other rides though. 

there is a peek in the video.

in other news i can happily say that summer Ninjago 2016 dose zip for me.
    i can save money buy not getting them :) unless i see them for silly money when i am food shopping.

• MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    Is it me or are the football minifigures going to be very (very!) difficult to feel up?
    SumoLegokiki180703Jern92
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited January 2016
    Angela Merkel will be pleased. Too much bad news around that already.
    PaperballparkMattsWhatRainstorm26RonyarLostInTranslationkiki180703
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 380
    Would someone be able to post a link to the Lighthouse and the tree house? I've tried searching but cant seem to find them.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,700
    mustang69 said:
    Would someone be able to post a link to the Lighthouse and the tree house? I've tried searching but cant seem to find them.
    look up promobricks on facebook and browse through their pictures.
    mustang69 said:
    the link to promobricks  can be found on here just read back over the past 24 hours.
    page 3 4 or 5.
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 380
    mustang69 said:
    the link to promobricks  can be found on here just read back over the past 24 hours.
    page 3 4 or 5.
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the help :)
  • johnhenzjohnhenz Sunderland, EnglandMember Posts: 93
    MattsWhat said:
    Is it me or are the football minifigures going to be very (very!) difficult to feel up?
    Do you know if they will be available in the UK or is it exclusive to Germany
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    My interest in LEGO must be waning because I just don't see much that interests me among these new sets. The Creator RV looks like a nice set with good alternate builds, but otherwise... meh.
    the football minifigures will be easy for me to ignore as i don't like football.
    only time i can sit and watch football is when England are playing in the world cup and are not completely hopeless.
    so ones in a blue moon. if you have not yet worked that out.
    a better look at the upcoming ninjago set's and i see there is a new Dragon and the white thing that splits in to 4 part's look better than the 1st images made it out to be.