Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Toy Fairs 2016

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,319
    THAT SPIDEMAN BRIDGE SET DOES LOOK AMAZING!

sorry too exciting!
    MattsWhatmagri
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,874
    Shib said:
    They are posting images to twitter while the site is down https://twitter.com/zusammengebaut

Thanks @Shib Spider bridge is up! 
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 852
    brumey said:
    the rollercoaster tracks look like duplo
    They're not though—they've been used in occasional System sets for years, starting with the Indiana Jones Temple of Doom.
    edited January 2016
    From that pic of the bridge I think that the mining CapnRex had labelled as spider girl could actually be a version of Jessica Drew's SpiderWoman, which would be great for me!
    Shame the watermark and poor angle are hiding the scarlet spider fig
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 313
    Wow, the spidergubbins bridge set does look pretty good from a city point of view. I'm now slightly tempted to get two and cobble them together into a full-sized bridge.
    prevere
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited January 2016
    Oooh.. the bridge does look awesome! the new web piece is alright, but the amount of web makes it a bit cluttered, best buy two to spread it out :)

Although it must pain the designers to have to put in features like the trash can launcher.  Still that kind of stuff gives the parts needed to complete two bridges I guess.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,558
    @shib - it was *definitely* labelled Spider-Girl at the Toy Fair.... at first I thought it even said "gal" but I think I just read it wrong.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,558
    We told you the bridge was good!! ;-)
    MattsWhatShib
    edited January 2016
    From some of the comments made by Huw the labels might not always be believable though, so perhaps it was a mistake on the label?

This version of Jessica's Spiderwoman is what I'm seeing.

The only Spider Girl costumes I can think of look just like Spiderman, but on a female body.

MattsWhat
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    ooohhhh

i am going to get #31052
    that looks amazing!
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,864
    edited January 2016
    MattsWhat said:
    Aanchir said:
    MattsWhat said:
    The colour doesn't offend me so much as the fact the highest bit is what, 3 bricks?!
    Ummm... it's definitely, like, at least ten bricks tall. It's got two rising tracks and two falling tracks.
    One riser can't get you 5 bricks up can it?  Maybe it's more than 3, I was just making the point that it's little more than a glorified train track. (If you can call being blue glorified).  A roller coaster has tighter bends and steeper drops, yeah it would have needed new pieces (and I guess that is what I was hoping for) but calling it a roller coaster seems wrong when clearly it is no more than an amuesment park train track.
    Yes, one riser raises the track by exactly five bricks. I agree that tighter bends would've improved the set and left less empty space to fill in the middle. I don't mind the drops not being steeper, in part because I've always been more of a fan of tamer roller coasters to be honest... but that long, leisurely curve at the top does bother me. The center radius of these tracks is a whole 24 studs. A 12 or 18 stud radius might've been more appropriate. The ferris wheel does an OK job filling that big empty center but it doesn't make the actual path of the coaster around those curves any more exciting.
    brumey said:
    I don't see how they're any more Duplo-ish than regular LEGO train tracks, besides that regular LEGO train tracks have never included inclines.
    MattsWhat
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,710
    edited January 2016
    Aleydita said:
    They probably didn't like the universal negativity towards the volcano sets. It's a choice you have to make I suppose, stay impartial and retain editorial freedom, or allow Lego to make certain demands in exchange for LUG status and other benefits. I don't envy you one bit. Would you have even been at the Toy Fair if not for the relationship with Lego? No idea how that works, but if you are there thanks to Lego, and they don't allow you to report on what you see, what's the point?
    I have a hard time believing that the new police sets, with the silly nautical theme, is not the most disappointing of the theme/subthemes right now.

EDIT: just saw the Volcano theme.. never mind. Would probably be OK if not for the weird lime green choice for the colors.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,364

EDIT: just saw the Volcano theme.. never mind. Would probably be OK if not for the weird lime green choice for the colors.
    Or if it, you know, had a volcano worth exploring
    Ronyarbandit778catwrangler
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 635
    i want the camper now
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,634
    To be honest, I was expecting the bridge to be rather more impressive, given the rave comments about it.
    BumblepantsBrickDancerjohnhenz
    I'm assuming that the flame piece on the pumpkin that Green Goblin is holding is the same piece that will be used for Ghost Rider.
    To be honest, I was expecting the bridge to be rather more impressive, given the rave comments about it.
    It will need a fair amount of extra parts to make 2 sets into a full bridge too.
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    edited January 2016
    oh what a wonderful camper. like the one from breaking bad!

i want a jessica jones tough!
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,657
    brumey said:
    They seems to be the same as #6857
    It will need a fair amount of extra parts to make 2 sets into a full bridge too.
    I'd say you'd probably need at least four to do it justice.
    I think the angle isn't great.  I'm judging the size from the minifigs and it looks huge (which for SH set is exciting enough) but it also looks like it is quite detailed.  Bear in mind the bat cave we just saw at what (once we count dicounts) is nearly 3x as expensive as this and it suddenly looks seriously awesome.
    Shib

That is what the burps from all previous sets are for, especially for those with 10 #4204 mine sets sitting around (That Walmart erred in listing for I think it was 20 USD, or was it 40USD?)
    what is a "burps" ?
    Big Ugly Rock Piece S
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,190
    It's a shame that their server went down and updates on their Twitter feed are few and far between, but something's better than nothing!
    Hoping to see the new Minecraft sets! :-)

That is what the burps from all previous sets are for, especially for those with 10 #4204 mine sets sitting around (That Walmart erred in listing for I think it was 20 USD, or was it 40USD?)
    Another pricing error like that is probably the only way I will end up with any of this sub theme. Which is fine, as @Paperballpark pointed out I might need to allocate resources for four Spiderman bridges.
    edited January 2016
    It's a shame that their server went down and updates on their Twitter feed are few and far between, but something's better than nothing!
    At least we got the bridge!  I can't believe they went through friends area and we haven't seen the hot dog van!
    Hoping for some ninjago next to keep me going until the feast of images we will see later.
    Rainstorm26
    brumey said:
    Big Ugly Rock Piece S
    oh i got some of them in #6766 that i have.
    only. one of the base plate is missing and one base plate is cracking.
    so it a set i can not build at this time and may never get a full build again.
    ninjago ^^
    edited January 2016
    Wow, the un-named sports car is epic.  Bit of a steep price tag on it though, and it's almost too good - it doesn't look like Lego anymore.
    (anyone not sure where to find it, there are now multiple posts on the homepage)
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651
    Official Images: http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/polish-and-italian-sites-now-hav-minecraft-2016-sets-listed-21125-21126-21123-21124/
    MattsWhat said:
    Wow, the un-named sports car is epic.  Bit of a steep price tag on it though, and it's almost too good - it doesn't look like Lego anymore.
    (anyone not sure where to find it, there are now multiple posts on the homepage)
    So LEGO could not call it a Porsche 911 GT4?
    brumey
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651
    Holy Snot!

BrickDancerkiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,709
    Aanchir said:
    MattsWhat said:
    Aanchir said:
    MattsWhat said:
    The colour doesn't offend me so much as the fact the highest bit is what, 3 bricks?!
    Ummm... it's definitely, like, at least ten bricks tall. It's got two rising tracks and two falling tracks.
    One riser can't get you 5 bricks up can it?  Maybe it's more than 3, I was just making the point that it's little more than a glorified train track. (If you can call being blue glorified).  A roller coaster has tighter bends and steeper drops, yeah it would have needed new pieces (and I guess that is what I was hoping for) but calling it a roller coaster seems wrong when clearly it is no more than an amuesment park train track.
    Yes, one riser raises the track by exactly five bricks. I agree that tighter bends would've improved the set and left less empty space to fill in the middle. I don't mind the drops not being steeper, in part because I've always been more of a fan of tamer roller coasters to be honest... but that long, leisurely curve at the top does bother me. The center radius of these tracks is a whole 24 studs. A 12 or 18 stud radius might've been more appropriate. The ferris wheel does an OK job filling that big empty center but it doesn't make the actual path of the coaster around those curves any more exciting.
    brumey said:
    I don't see how they're any more Duplo-ish than regular LEGO train tracks, besides that regular LEGO train tracks have never included inclines.
    And no more duplo-ish than the pieces in the SH funfair set.
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,190
    Adzbadboy said:
    Official Images: http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/polish-and-italian-sites-now-hav-minecraft-2016-sets-listed-21125-21126-21123-21124/
    Ah, those are the ones we knew about before, but thanks for posting. I was hoping for a glimpse of #21127 The Fortress...
    printed panels?
    Adzbadboy said:
    Holy Snot!

• RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 370
    ^ I thought someone had posted that the stickers wouldn't be on the final set?  Is that just a "placeholder" picture on the box then, or are the early reports wrong?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,709
    I cannot see the point of the excavator. It's huge. It's impressive. But what is it going to excavate?  Bulldozers can push around bricks. Cranes can lift Lego. Do they expect people to have a large pile for this to excavate? Or use it on gravel or soil or clay and ruin it?
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 822
    Has more Technic Images (at time of writing) http://www.facebook.com/Promobricks/photos_stream
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,285
    @Ronyar - We were told that the stickers shown on the set in its current state will not appear on the final model.
    RonyarAdeelZubair
    edited January 2016
    I suspect there'll either be a load of stickers, or a load of printed pieces. Why have a photos of a 'camoflaged' car to disguise what it is, then put the word 'PORSCHE' in front of it?
    CCC said:
    I cannot see the point of the excavator. It's huge. It's impressive. But what is it going to excavate?  Bulldozers can push around bricks. Cranes can lift Lego. Do they expect people to have a large pile for this to excavate? Or use it on gravel or soil or clay and ruin it?
    i think this time its a table top display item that works.
    that may be how Lego view all there working Technic sets!
    catwrangler
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    They cover high end concept/test vehicles in similar vinyls to the picture above. Any unwanted photos fail to show the cars true shape. Bit pointless on a car with so many panels but a great marketing idea IMO.
    cheshirecat
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 635
    i want the car but im sticking to mostly stuff that will fit in my city
    edited January 2016
    This is a much better photo of the BWE:

3927 pieces. It'll be the 5th largest set ever produced.
    catwrangler
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Am I missing something regarding the bridge? I can't see it in any of the links/picture sets...
    This is a much better photo of the BWE:

dose the little truck come with it??

Am I missing something regarding the bridge? I can't see it in any of the links/picture sets...
    https://twitter.com/zusammengebaut
    its on here!

dose the little truck come with it??

yes.