Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Toy Fairs 2016

Comments

• Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    I think Lego has all the means at their disposal for a great beast minifig - should they decide to make one in the CMF line. Slight repaint of the satyr's lower torso + werewolf tail + a modified Nexo Axel's upper torso structure and a new beast head mold.
    catwrangler
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 563
    Argh I forgot to ask those going to ToyFair if they had spotted any of the DC Superhero Girls toys that are supposed to appear some time this year (Either LEGO or non LEGO From Mattel) don't suppose anyone is going again today or tomorrow?
    tamamahm
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,490
    No DC Superhero Girls on display.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,954
    I was hoping the theme  would be out earlier than later.
  • ArmyofdarknessawArmyofdarknessaw PAMember Posts: 22
    Kind of bummed reading about the friends coaster. I already have the creator ferris wheel so i don't want another ferris wheel. The set should have focused on just a bigger coaster imo.
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Maybe they are still working on a larger coaster, this one seems small enough to not be any competition for it
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,436
    ^Ok thanks. Retailer exclusives tend to be $40-50 in range so could be interesting.
    Yeah, but that makes me worry we will not see a base plate in the set. To me, the Gas Station is only worth it if on a base plate with some roadway.
    RonyarTXLegoguygmonkey76
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,949
    ^agree but i can't even think of the last time a city set had a real baseplate. 2010?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,436
    edited January 2016
    ^agree but i can't even think of the last time a city set had a real baseplate. 2010?
    ..May have been the last Gas Station set..
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,865
    Gas Station?
    did you not know that all Lego cars are now electric cars :p
    so Lego don't need a Gas Station. ;)

(yes this is a Joke.)
    but i do expect to see a lego electric recharge station for recharging the cars with in the next 5 to 10 years if that long.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,325
    mostly interested in the nexo knight lava castle which I guess could be a cross between vladek's dark fortress and lion chi temple? 
    the ninjago watchtower defense, the elve spooky castle and the minecraft fortress, though can't say minecraft sets looked very impressive so far, so not expecting much.
    as i said before, i plan to get any Nexo Knight set's.
    so, there auto added to the list.
    the Lava Castle sounds cool.
    love to know a part count on it.

also found out today about #70590 Airjitzu Temple Grounds
    and i am quite interested in that, i hope it will go well with Temple of Airjitzu.
    if it do then it will be a have to buy item.

the Biggest Ever minecraft set has grabbed my attention but i will wait and see what it look like and part count and Price.
    it will most likely be a stand lone model in my Collection, as i dont at this time plan to get any of the ones that are out right. now non of them look that good to me, so if it dont look Fab by it self i will pass.
    i think thats all of new set's that i have looked at now.

but until i see what them look like. i well not know what i will and will not get.
    i only know that Nexo Knights gets on my list just for being Nexo Knights.
    it a theme that i wish to have them all (pokemon rap play's in my head now the "got to catch them all one". only replace "catch" with "have" lol.)
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,325
    there is still more chance that airjitsu temple ground is just a regular playset than a display piece of the magnitude of airjitsu temple
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,823
    Fauch said:
    there is still more chance that airjitsu temple ground is just a regular playset than a display piece of the magnitude of airjitsu temple
    Even a lot of regular Ninjago playsets tend to be great display pieces in their own right. Let's not forget that the Temple of Airjitzu thread here on the Brickset forums had a lot of posts from people putting the Temple of Airjitzu together with other sets to create larger displays.

A set doesn't have to be as huge and impressive as a big exclusive set in order to complement it — if it did, you wouldn't have had nearly as many people getting excited for polybag sets like #40108 and #40140 that tie in with Creator Expert releases.
    pharmjod
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,754

3368 Space Centre from 2011 was only £49.99 and had a baseplate so there is still hope.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,476

but i do expect to see a lego electric recharge station for recharging the cars with in the next 5 to 10 years if that long.

Not if Lord Business and Octan has anything to do with it.

• DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    Well everything volcano related sounds like an utter disappointment.  These are prime sets that should have included large, moulded canyons/terraces/hills and then be BURP'd and SNOT'd to great, epic $100-$120-sized sets.

Instead it sounds like a piss poor collection of plates and stickers.  Pity.
    brumeycatwrangler
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 803
    ^Also, isn't fifi the feather duster Lumiere's involved with? Lol it sounds like a great set since the furnitures are brought to Lego life.
    Pun intended.
    Ah, so that's why there's a new mop piece in the S15 minifigures!
  • willobee498willobee498 CanadalandMember Posts: 349
    Well, CMF tend to introduce new bits as fast as possible regardless :P
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    @Jern92 Possibly!
  • braemarbraemar Member Posts: 10

Were there any Architecture sets on display?

No
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    i want pictures ... meh
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 307
    Hang on... is it me or did all of the Toy Fair articles just disappear off the front page? They were there a minute ago... 
    Ronyar
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 365
    ^same for me.   It's like the page just reverted back to an old copy.  Server glitch?
    Ayliffe
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,486
    Yes that's weird, definitely gone.
  • BCheeseSlopeBCheeseSlope USAMember Posts: 6
    Where they deleted?
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    I hope it's a glitch and not Lego forcing these types of articles to be removed, again. I want more info on the Bucket Wheel Excavator!
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,486
    I just checked my history, and although it pulled a story back up from my cache, when I refreshed, it was gone. So it's not just a 'recategorisation' issue. Any ideas @Huw?
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,304
    I noticed that too, just came to verify. That's weird.
    It appears that Lego did not like the detail that we reported and asked for the articles to be deleted. I am now in its bad books...
    brumeyTommyFkiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,949
    So silly. How dare we be excited about forthcoming products! Pictures will be all over the place tomorrow at the German fair anyway so what difference does this make? Just makes them look like control freaks.
    Exactly
    pharmjod
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    Urgh. That's disappointing as the Brickset reports are always the best. Shame on you TLG.
    Huw said:
    It appears that Lego did not like the detail that we reported and asked for the articles to be deleted. I am now in its bad books...
    Are you serious? What's the point of these LEGO sites if LEGO keeps blocking them out?
    Jern92
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    @Huw on the plus side I take from this that the descriptions were so damn good that
    1. I know I can get excited about the sets without having seen them for myself yet
    2. Your observation and reporting skills are top notch (and @drdavewatford & @LostInTranslation of course)
    CM4SRonyarpharmjodsnowhitie
    So silly. How dare we be excited about forthcoming products! Pictures will be all over the place tomorrow at the German fair anyway so what difference does this make? Just makes them look like control freaks.
    this we already know.
    just look at the leek of the batcave.
    once that image was on facebook that was it. there was no turning back and yet TLG Shouted and Kicked like a 3 year old who got it's toy's taken away.
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 811
    They probably didn't like the universal negativity towards the volcano sets. It's a choice you have to make I suppose, stay impartial and retain editorial freedom, or allow Lego to make certain demands in exchange for LUG status and other benefits. I don't envy you one bit. Would you have even been at the Toy Fair if not for the relationship with Lego? No idea how that works, but if you are there thanks to Lego, and they don't allow you to report on what you see, what's the point?
    edited January 2016
    Aleydita said:
    They probably didn't like the universal negativity towards the volcano sets. It's a choice you have to make I suppose, stay impartial and retain editorial freedom, or allow Lego to make certain demands in exchange for LUG status and other benefits. I don't envy you one bit. Would you have even been at the Toy Fair if not for the relationship with Lego? No idea how that works, but if you are there thanks to Lego, and they don't allow you to report on what you see, what's the point?
    I don't think it was, but if it were, they couldn't take criticism? They should take that as a hint, they're probably designing the 2017 sets right now.
    edited January 2016
    @Huw
    here is a Idea. ask lego if them would like to Vet ever post you make on the news page.
    then point out that you was doing your Job.
    then ask lego to Spell out why them had to be removed when most of the Brickset members have already READ them.
    and the last thing to ask is, do lego know that News gets a round Fast now. and that this is 2016 Not 2000, and that it dont take 3 weeks for the News of new sets to get to the Buyers.
    as i already said TLG are acting like 3 year old's and it is sad.

well all it not lost just re-post the news items tomorrow with Images :)

• Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    First the quality thread and now this?  Sounds like heavy handed thug tactics.
    edited January 2016
    First the quality thread and now this?  Sounds like heavy handed thug tactics.
    You know Lego didn't remove the quality thread, right?
    Huw said:
    Huh, you didn't do anything they told you not to. They said not to take photos, you didn't. It's not like they asked you to go away and forget everything you saw, or asked you not to take notes.

Why on earth did they allow you to look at them in the first place? They know you're from a website that reports on Lego, so it surely wasn't too much of a mental leap for them to work out that you would report what you saw.

Did they expect you to just wander around, look at all the sets, and then sit on that info for 3 months?

Someone at Lego needs to seriously ask themselves what on earth they're hoping to achieve at these toy fairs.
    as i said some one at lego is still thinking like it's 15 years ago when info like this took time to get from the toy fair to the buyer's of items.
    there a nice word that i dont know how to spell that describes this.
    Dis-sem-a-nate or some thing like that.
    any how them need to get with the times.
    Salamalex
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    Huw said:
    So then what is the point of press passes to toy fair? I get that LEGO like their secrecy but they are taking the pee now, how stupid is it to get annoyed with people doing you some free advertising?
    chrisalddinINDYJONAS
    Shib said:
    Huw said:
    So then what is the point of press passes to toy fair? I get that LEGO like their secrecy but they are taking the pee now, how stupid is it to get annoyed with people doing you some free advertising?
    Here Here!
    could not have said that better my self!
  • OndraOndra Member Posts: 74
    Lego act like some mafia family...
    INDYJONAS
  • drlmiles1drlmiles1 UKMember Posts: 179
    I completely agree. By you and others attending, they are getting loads of free publicity - I am sure there were lots of page views of the relevant articles - I know that I read them avidly. They need to look at the positive side to keeping info secret for a few days (before germany) against the negative apects that their censoring Lego fan websites causes. Instead of "we have always done things this way" Lego senior management should look at the pros and cons of their current policies in this respect. If they really don't want fan reports on the London Toy Fair, they should ban all fan site representatives from attending. 
    Does anyone higher up in Lego management look at/listen to fans expressing these concerns, I wonder...
    catwrangler
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,280
    It is frustrating, particularly after having put significant effort into reporting on what we saw.

However, images from Nuremberg will be arriving in the next few hours, so keep an eye on the homepage!
    LostInTranslationMattsWhatAdzbadboyakunthita
    edited January 2016
    To be fair, I can see why Lego likes to control when the information gets out.  Bad quality photos don't do the sets justice and descriptions/drawings of the sets can give people the wrong impression in comparison to the very controlled way the Lego brings out the info.  No need to bash them for this IMO.
    The bit I don't get is if they want to do it all on their terms, then don't bother being at events like this.  Controlling the information escaping from their offices and production plants is one thing (and I respect them for that) but going to events and then stopping people talking about it just seems pointless.  They are there to present the product to the industry, but let's face it, there is no way toy shops or licenses are going to pass up Lego if they chose not to go, or not to bring anything new.  It just seems like it is a complete waste of their time to go, and another waste of their time to police the people who went.
    catwrangler