Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Friend from Manila

Pochay53Pochay53 PhilippinesMember Posts: 5
Hi! Just joined this forum to read on the Friends line, which I collect. I'm 26 and I'm a Lego newbie, only started buying the Friends line last Halloween. I loved the building process so I bought more Friends. I now have 24 Friends Sets in the course of 2 months and 1 Scooby Doo Mystery Machine Set, just cos I loved watching Scooby Doo when I was a kid. I know the Friends line is geared towards girls 6-12 (I'm always reminded on the boxes) but I just love the bright colors, the consistency of the theme, even the mini-dolls! They just cheer you up. I would never have bought Lego if not for the Friends line. I'd like to someday have space to build my Friends town. Right now half of my collection is still sealed in box cos I do not have space for them. 

Comments

• JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm a recent convert to the Friends line too. Some sets are really interesting builds with great play features and animal selection. 

Mentioning your Friends town made me think of this one built by someone in England -

https://flic.kr/s/aHskd5j7as

I hope you enjoy and get inspiration from it.

Jenni
    Pochay53
  • Pochay53Pochay53 PhilippinesMember Posts: 5
    hi, @Jenni! Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad someone likes Friends, too! Most people I talk to about Lego are more into the licensed themes.
    I have been resisting to build due to space concerns but I believe one day I will just open one and build! haha

And about that link, OMG WOW I have never seen that before it is super cool! I definitely want to build something like that with my sets I have 3 out of the 6 stores there in Heartlake High Street. I hope to achieve MOC skills after some time, been playing with Lego for just 2 months. haha!
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Well the only way to develop MOC skills is to just MOC you know.

And you obviously need to figure out Friends highrise buildings if space is an issue right? :)

Have fun!
    Pochay53
  • Pochay53Pochay53 PhilippinesMember Posts: 5
    Got that, thanks again! Building up!!
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,854
    Welcome to the forum! :)
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,276
    Kumusta kaibigan!
    77ncaachampskiki180703
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    Although not the Friends theme I have recently started buying Lego and really enjoyed the Elves theme.  I agree with you about the colours.  Welcome to the forum.
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,092
    I do like some Friends sets.

They might go with a similar regular set. I combined 41092 Stephanie's Pizzeria and 10036 Pizza To Go - http://www.mediafire.com/view/s5tnwmnm6xzcq6x/1402_Pizzeria.jpg (1402 is my internal ID number). 41100 Heartlake Private Jet would go with other airport stuff.

I like the Pop Star subtheme because I'm one of the few straight guys who likes that music. :P I'm about to open 41104 Pop Star Dressing Room and about to buy 30205 Pop Star Red Carpet.

Elves also seems to be on the girly side.

10694 Creative Supplement Bright has a lot of pieces of those otherwise rare colors, and is a good deal anyway.