Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What my Collection looks like in all in one place.

Comments

• ethanjwallethanjwall United StatesMember Posts: 118
    edited January 2016
    My "HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE Lego store" As according to @Pitfall69 is coming soon :D
    Oh I have 2 more rubbermaids not included in these photos @Pitfall69 :D
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,810
    edited January 2016
    Right, here's a few photos of my workspace. Taking them also forced me to tidy it up, as I was building over the weekend.

This is the mess. Here you can see the main table I use, with drawer units and quite a few of the tubs I have. My modulars are on the shelf above, along with my Haunted House (and Rey). I'll be taking the Haunted House apart within the next month, to accomodate the Brick Bank.

This is after I'd tidied up. It only took about half an hour or so. You can see clearer now the projects I'm working on. Rey's Speeder (to the scale of the figure) is the large model on the desk, and in the corner (in trays) are a couple of trains that I'm working on.

The photo below is of the desk on the left-hand side of the room, and it shows the rest of my containers. The various models on the desk are either to be bagged for next year (the xmas ones), moved elsewhere for display (Temple of Airjitzu, Ecto1) or dismantled into my collection (the rest of them). The boxes under the desk and to the far left are what a lot of my display stuff is stored in.

Not shown in these photos are the Sydney Opera House, UCS Sandcrawler, Metalbeard's Sea Cow, and Ferris Wheel (all of which will be dismanted into my collection within the next month - I have no room to really display them well), as well as a few models I have on display elsewhere in my house - the Ferrari F40, Maersk Triple-E, and Tower Bridge.
    LobotchrisalddinBrickDancertallblocktooGalactusRonyarkiki180703catwrangler
    Since I'm a teenager, I don't have the funds to go out and buy those Modulars, sadly :( But great collection though!

Oh and the main part of what I take to Lego shows (my train station) is stored elsewhere too, in four huge plastic boxes.
    Holy cow @jer, you have a lot of expensive sets :P
    I never realised the Helicarrier was that small, until your photo showing it side-by-side with the Ferris Wheel.
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Orthanc is really tall. Does anyone have an idea where it falls on the list of tallest official models?
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    ^^^love the last mid build picture with the abandoned bags. I do exactly this, then at the end of the build have to try to get them into the bin in silence as the boys are asleep. It's not easy, but it's a great feeling as it means you've been building something new. 
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,487
    ^^maybe 3rd. I think eiffel tower must be highest and statue of liberty looks like it coulds be a bit taller
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    @gandalfthebrick
    i have to ask ware i can i get shelffing like that?
    that it very good for lego displaying. as you can place a shelf at any height you wish.
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    edited January 2016
    @joel4motion
    was that a miss post?
    Good Day @Pitfall69 how are you today :)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    That's some serious wall space you got @jer! Mighty impressive to see so many large built sets all together.
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,412
    That's some serious wall space you got @jer! Mighty impressive to see so many large built sets all together.
    I know...that is why I am crying :(
    @jer
    i note you don't look to have the Kwik-e-Mart yet.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,743
    Pitfall69 said:
    I have yet to make that face... Nobody has made mine look bad yet...
    ;)
    Rsa33kiki180703
    ^Pic Please.
    MorkMan
    Pitfall69 said:
    ^Pic Please.
    @SprinkleOtter
    i 2nd this.
    pic please.
    MorkMan
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    Mine is a pittance compared to most of yours but I still enjoy seeing all the great sets that have been built!  Looks like a lot of great times have been had!
    legomental
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    @Paperballpark I'd be ecstatic with a hobby room like yours.  Maybe its not the biggest but it looks pretty awesome to me. You have a nice collection of modulars!
    legomental
    Let me gather the majority of it in one place... It might take a little while. Here's a portion of it (most of the things I got new): http://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-SprinkleOtter

That doesn't count the reselling inventory I have, or the sets I've gotten from lots I have yet to sort out.
    tallblocktookiki180703
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Mine pales in comparison and is a bit of a mess right now, but here is my current display area (not all is LEGO).

tallblocktooLegoboykiki180703catwrangler
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 272
    ^ 214 Bionicle sets!  Wow!  I'd like to see a pic of that universe all assembled!
    Yep, including the elusive Power Pack and most of a Toa Mata Nui.
    They're all packed away into tubs right now- I don't have the space to display them all.

I also have over a hundred Mata, Bohrok, Vahki, and Rahkshi that I'm going to donate this Christmas season, and I had over a hundred other duplicates that I sold.
    @Paperballpark I'd be ecstatic with a hobby room like yours.  Maybe its not the biggest but it looks pretty awesome to me. You have a nice collection of modulars!
    Thanks! It's actually my back bedroom. It's too small for what I have now though.

I'm looking at moving house.

Seriously.
    tallblocktookiki180703legomental
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,487
    @ricecake : nice place for that dragon
    MattsWhatricecakekiki180703
  • QuentinBrickQuentinBrick STLMember Posts: 21
    Showing the wife the pictures of your collections didn't generate the sympathy I was looking for...
    YodaliciousBumblepantsalexwilGoldchainskiki180703MorkManlegomental
    ^ Wow. Can anyone beat having a dedicated ladder to reach parts of their collection?
    Pitfall69RonyarOldfankiki180703
    with that last image if you did not know it was lego you would think it was a real town.

and right now you are winning.
    pharmjodkiki180703catwranglerMorkMan
    MattsWhat said:
    with that last image if you did not know it was lego you would think it was a real town.

and right now you are winning.
    no one loses the 'how much lego have you got game'!

Except maybe someone with none.
    quite true.
    but never said any one was losing, all i said was that he/she (sorry did not look) is winning :p
    i may be in need of sleep.
  • danstraindepotdanstraindepot Member Posts: 172
    You're all very kind, I learned a long time ago there is always someone out there with 'way more'.   Probably many 'someones'.   But as long as we all have fun and enjoy our LEGO, as was said already.  We are all 'winning'!
    tallblocktooSumoLegoRsa33ricecakeGoldchainskiki180703catwranglerMorkMan
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 732
    @danstraindepot  What kind of lighting system do you use? That night shot is awesome.

• bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,142
    With that amount of Lego I would be able to build shelves to store my humble flat on.

• pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    @danstraindepot do you have a Flickr feed with more pics of your city layout in specific? I'd lift to see more details. Some of those buildings look like they would be fun to try and mimic.
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • danstraindepotdanstraindepot Member Posts: 172
    @flord I've been using BrickStuff , its a little pricey, but a wonderful product that's a joy to use.  Very durable.  And Rob is a great guy.   I started doing it 'old school' with a soldering gun, small LED's etc, and it was a real burden.   Took the joy out of working on the layout.   I've been very pleased with this product.     

I'll warn you its a slippery slope.   Once one part of the city is done, you'll want it all that way.  Oh, and you'll feel you need interiors in every building!   Of course the plus is, the buildings that have interiors, they look SO much better with lighting.  Even in the daytime.
    catwrangler
  • chertikchertik Member Posts: 43

I believe I've posted this picture some time ago in a different thread - ideas on how to display your collection. Anyway, this was the state of my Star Wars collection on display in my basement as of July 2011. Since then my collection has probably doubled in size, and remains stored away in boxes, patiently waiting for us to move to a bigger place :)
    tallblocktooricecakePitfall69Mynattkiki180703GalactusMorkManFletch1
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,156
    Pitfall69 said:
    Upon seeing danstraindepot's collection, I finally have cause to pitfall's meme face.
    Lol. I went from crying to drinking after those last photos.
    It may be Friday, but Noon is pretty aggressive for Happy Hour...
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 759
    ^ Five o'clock somewhere
    SumoLegopharmjodPitfall69BlueTacokiki180703tallblocktooMorkMan
    @flord I've been using BrickStuff , its a little pricey, but a wonderful product that's a joy to use.  Very durable.  And Rob is a great guy.   I started doing it 'old school' with a soldering gun, small LED's etc, and it was a real burden.   Took the joy out of working on the layout.   I've been very pleased with this product.     

I'll warn you its a slippery slope.   Once one part of the city is done, you'll want it all that way.  Oh, and you'll feel you need interiors in every building!   Of course the plus is, the buildings that have interiors, they look SO much better with lighting.  Even in the daytime.
    Thank you. Thank you! Thank You!!
    i been looking for lights i can use in my lego models that i can find in the uk for weeks.
    your post, has pointed me the right way and now i know ware to get some with out any after sales additions to the price like more sales tax!
    for any one who is also looking " http://www.curiousminds.co.uk/brickstuff
    found this by going to Brickstuff page 1st and that pointed me to this reseller. 
    MattsWhatkiki180703
    SumoLego said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    Upon seeing danstraindepot's collection, I finally have cause to pitfall's meme face.
    Lol. I went from crying to drinking after those last photos.
    It may be Friday, but Noon is pretty aggressive for Happy Hour...
    You gotta do what you have to do. I need to drown my sorrows somehow. The girls are great for running and grabbing me peanuts when my bowl becomes empty. *hick*
    Jackad7