Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Best Ninjago *Green* sets in 2012

CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
edited January 2012 in Collecting
Been wondering about this, so want to know first hand review over which sets are worth to buy in the new Ninjago *green* sets out in 2012. Suggestions?

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    edited January 2012
    Why don't you check out the reviews in the database for this year's sets? There are already quite a few and should hopefully help you to decide.
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    Rattlecopter has a nice 'attack-helicopter' feel to the build. Good build techniques too.
    Tread Assault is a cool looking vehicle. Very 'batman-esque'. The flip side (disquise snake side) of the vehicle is not so hot though.
    Venomari Shrine is a great little starter set.
  • vynsanevynsane Member Posts: 179
    All of them have a great selection of new pieces (1x1 round tiles, 1x4 double-curved slopes, 2x4 curved slopes, small and large blades) or existing pieces in new colors (Imperial V-Wing canopy in trans purple, 1x2 45deg slopes w/two plate cut-out in lime and dark green, 1x6 arch/mudguard in lime green, trans purple flames).

I'll second the Rattlecopter nod - really cool design and actually a great price per piece value, given how many new and large pieces there are. Jay's Storm Fighter also has a great selection of pieces. I have both of them. The Fangpyre Truck looks like another choice set, with many of the same pieces as the Rattlecopter and more in greater abundance, though the price per piece isn't as good.
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    ^MY son and I really enjoyed the Truck build and it is great to play with, but I vote for copter as well due to price. If you can swing it, go for both!
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    Oh we have also built the cycle and the jet. The Red Cycle is great fun to look at, but not a great build. Too many sticks and nubby things (technic pieces -- I am not up on piece lingo, clearly). It is cool that the blades pop out when you push on it. The Blue Jet is nothing special, although solidly built. Kind of boring both in that it is symmetrical and also so similar to so many other models.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    edited January 2012
    We have built a lot of these sets, Jet, Tread Assault, Truck, Motorcycle and Rattlecopter.

My favorite in terms of overall coolness and playability is the Truck, followed closely by the Jet.

Next would be the rattle copter, but is a bit fragile and last would be the tread assault and motorcycle.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    One of the new Ninjago sets has my favorite new color/piece combo of 2012 so far, the
    Dark Tan Slope 75 2 x 1 x 3 in Venomari Shrine #9440. I just bought 80 of that little piece. Photo:

http://brickupdate.com/my-favorite-new-lego-part-of-2012-so-far-dark-tan-slope-75-2-x-1-x-3/
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,036
    @everyone - Please note that these kinds of threads (What's the Best...?, What's Your Favorite...? Which..... Should I buy?) are usually discouraged as they are mostly just personal choices, rarely go anywhere and oftentimes devolve into disagreements. I agree with @LostInTranslation in that your best bet is to read the reviews on Brickset for each set. That being said, we'll go ahead and let this thread stand for the time being and see how it develops. Thanks.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    @everyone, thanks for the reviews :) I got the Venomari Shrine first. But I am now thinking about the Rattlecopter, , Fangpyre, and the Mystic Bounty set. Waiting to hear about a deal on these so lets see. Personally I didn't like the first wave except the Venomari. And I am supposed to collect all the mini figure and weapons as we will build something on our own as well :P

@Yellowcastle, thanks for the heads up, we will keep it quiet :)