Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Marvel spring & summer 2016 releases

INDYJONASINDYJONAS ThailandMember Posts: 33
In anticipation of the new "Captain America - Civil War", Lego will release 4 sets based on that. We have now hi-res images for box art and minifigures.

What do you think of each of them?
How do they compare to last year's releases?
Which might be the last unknown set to be published in summer?

Via:
www.thebrickfan.com/lego-marvel-super-heroes-captain-america-civil-war-official-box-art-images/
VBaskin2008CHAINSAW

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,218
    I noticed Huw had put images for these on the database and was looking over them, I'm probably more excited about these sets (for the great mini figure mix than the film.
    LEGO really seem to have got the unique figs per set so much better in these than they have in the past.
    Definitely want the airport set for the Ant-man/Giant man and it's great to see Black Widow in a low price point doing something that she actually does in the MCU - riding a motorbike and fighting, rather than being relegated to the pilot role.
    INDYJONAScatwranglerVBaskin2008
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,818
    Does Falcon have Finn's hair?
    xiahnaVBaskin2008
    Shib said:
    ... and it's great to see Black Widow in a low price point doing something that she actually does in the MCU - riding a motorbike and fighting, rather than being relegated to the pilot role.
    I think that should be lower. I doubt it will be low!
    matticus_bricksVBaskin2008
    edited January 2016

CCC said:
    Shib said:
    ... and it's great to see Black Widow in a low price point doing something that she actually does in the MCU - riding a motorbike and fighting, rather than being relegated to the pilot role.
    I think that should be lower. I doubt it will be low!
    Compared to only being in the Quinjets I count it as low, anything sub £30 in a licensed theme to me is a low price point set.

CCC said:
    Does Falcon have Finn's hair?

I believe so
    VBaskin2008
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    So looking forward to these, especially the airport battle, the Ant-Man built fig looks awesome, I just hope his parts are printed, not stickers.
    INDYJONASjohnhenzxiahnaVBaskin2008
    Given that it would take at least 9 printed parts by my count I think it's safest to assume they'll use stickers - remember it's not just the cost of printing each part, but each new print then adds a new part to inventory, stock, sort etc the logistics of printed parts push up the cost far more than the actual cost of printing them in my opinion.
    INDYJONASxiahnaVBaskin2008
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    Do we know when these arriving? I seem to have missed that bit if we do.
    xiahnaVBaskin2008
  • iliketoastiliketoast AustraliaMember Posts: 260
    I'm really looking forward to the Giant-Man. And from the lack of Ant-Man figs for sale on bricklink, I think lots of others are too
    xiahnaVBaskin2008
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    Is the winter soldier in these the same one they gave out in polybags?
    VBaskin2008
  • INDYJONASINDYJONAS ThailandMember Posts: 33
    edited January 2016
    As comparison :
    Winter Soldier polybag 2015

New winter soldier 2016

wardmDrmnezchuckpxiahnaVBaskin2008CHAINSAW

MattsWhat said:
    Do we know when these arriving? I seem to have missed that bit if we do.
    According to the 1.HY lego catalogue they will come in March for Europe. Not sure for US or other areas of the world.
    MattsWhatxiahnaVBaskin2008
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,835
    ^That sounds about right for everywhere. A month before the movie comes out more or less.
    INDYJONASxiahnaVBaskin2008
    For me 76047 will be probably too pricey for just similarly 3 minifigures and among them is winter soldier which I have from the poly. Although the new one is better since he has less comical and movie accurate prints on face and body.
    In conclusion I would prefer to have the hopefully cheaper set 76050( got only 179 parts vs 287). It has more desirable figs and nicely bulky jeep.
    Not really sure about the final prices.
    VBaskin2008
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    If I hadn't seen the movies and only the LEGO sets, I would think that the MCU is chock-full of All-terrain trucks and jets.  

Throw-away (i.e., scrap for MOCs) builds and cool figures, as always.
    catwranglerINDYJONASSumoLegokiki180703VBaskin2008
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 311
    Love the big Ant-Man build figure.  Like the sets overall, really cool.
    VBaskin2008
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Love robo-redwing in the heist set.
    VBaskin2008
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,944
    I'm totally psyched about a new luggage cart.
    flordINDYJONASdavetheoxygenmankiki180703xiahnaVBaskin2008
    If I hadn't seen the movies and only the LEGO sets, I would think that the MCU is chock-full of All-terrain trucks and jets.  

Throw-away (i.e., scrap for MOCs) builds and cool figures, as always.
    @RomanticWarrior: 
    Totally Agree! Certainly to some extent you can even apply this deficiency to other licensed themes (LotR, DC, SW, JW, etc) especially when referring to small and medium sized sets: vehicles and small sceneries in addition. Collectors buy those for the figures, are happy about them and make space for MOCs since the look better on display (I did that as well e.g. for Hulk Helicarrier Breakout, Mirkwood spider hobbit set and others). Other people like resellers often tend to "scrap" them (small - large sets), too, but with the difference selling the salvaged parts separately.
    Alternatively to satisfy the demand for display sets wanted by AFOLs, LEGO came up with the concept of the modular and UCS line which can cover both aspects: figs and display pieces. 

Good vehicle or small terrain based sets worth to be kept are rare. Maybe Rey's speeder or Ant "plane" of the small Ant-man set last year may serve as example? (Both sets I am on the fence to get them or not.)
    VBaskin2008
  • iliketoastiliketoast AustraliaMember Posts: 260
    My guess for the unknown fourth set: It will have Spider Man, Iron Man and Cap from a scene in the movie where Peter is trying to decide whose side to join..
    VBaskin2008
    According to eurobricks, several sources summarized by Quicksilver, the schedule and content for other Marvel releases appears as follows (updated on 13.1.):

" #75057: Web Warriors Bridge Battle -
     $99.99
    • Minifigures: Spider-Man, additional
    • Sources: Just 2 Good
      #76058: Ghost Rider Team Up - $20-$30
    • Minifigures: Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, additional (?)
    • Sources: Just 2 Good, Clone O'Patra
      #76059: Doc Ock's Tentacle Trap - $59.99
    • Minifigures: Spider-Man, Doc Ock, additional (??)
    • Sources: Just 2 Good
      #76067: *CA:CW 4* (Expected Retail  
        Exclusive)
    • Minifigures: Spider-Man (?), additional 
    • Sources: just2good
      #?????: *DS 1* ('Doctor Strange Set')
    • Minifigures: Doctor Strange, additional (?)
    • This set is expected to be released in Fall 2016
    • Sources: Sir Gareth "
    Interesting or not?
    VBaskin2008
    That's a lot of Spider-Man minifigs. He is getting to be as bad as Batman. Although at least Batman gets variants.

Bumblepantskiki180703xiahnaVBaskin2008
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,835
    ^Hopefully they will do a Dark Blue version of the spidey suit at least.
    xiahnaVBaskin2008
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    edited January 2016
    That would have been hilarious if LEGO include their 3:1 scale Minifigure that they use for designing new moulds for Minifigures as Giant-Man.

I'm very disappointed with these sets, the Minifigures are great as always but the models just seem to get worse and worse. I can't blame them if that is exactly what's in the MCU film/s. If I was forced to choose one based on overall model and Minifigure selection it would be #76047 - Black Panther Pursuit as the best set of the wave.

I would like to see what is included with the fourth Civil War set #76067 and the Doctor Strange set. Fingers crossed for a Spider-Man Minifigure! A picture of a hoodie is surfacing around online, if that is any indication to what the design of the Spidey suit will be or not.
    INDYJONASkiki180703VBaskin2008
    I thought the builds look quite decent. There has been worse. The large built figure in #76051 looks pretty spectacular to me. The planes also look not too bad at all. Kids love swooshing planes and pushing cars.
    VorpalRyukiki180703xiahnaVBaskin2008
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,394
    Ghost Rider? Dr. Strange? maybe Nightmare or Dormammu? Now we're talkin'.
    VorpalRyuINDYJONASkiki180703xiahnaVBaskin2008
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    The only three MCU sets I like for the models are the following, ranked:

1. #76039 - Ant-Man Final Battle
    2. #76006 - Extremis Sea Port Battle
    3. #76021 - The Milano Spaceship Rescue

I understand as long as they appeal to the kids they will be successful products, you can't please everyone. I have a strict vision and approach to what appeals to me and what doesn't.
    VBaskin2008
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 311
    My thoughts on the vehicles are that Lego has to include something other than minifigures.  With these Marvel movies, the action is really with the characters themselves.  To keep it true to being a Lego set there has to be something to build, even if it's not entirely film accurate.  I may not care too much about having another Quinjet type of plane, but it's there for a  reason.
    VBaskin2008
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,394
    Why not make smaller vehicles then? Then they can load these things up with new characters or variations. Give us some more obscure characters. I'd like to see a minifig for everyone on the Avengers roster, past and present.
    VorpalRyuxiahnaVBaskin2008
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 532
    I hope that Dr Strange set has the Sanctum Sanctorum in it. With a printed tile of the window. That would be epic. Most likely the "bad guy" in that set will be Baron Mordo, but I'm hoping that they also include Dormammu or Nightmare. 

I wonder what villain will be included in the Ghost Rider set. Ghost Rider and Spiderman have teamed up numerous times, the only villain of significance I can remember is the Hobgoblin. That would be cool.

This is actually the first time that I have been excited about new super hero sets. Up until this point I have just been getting them for my kids, but Dr Strange and Ghost Rider are definitely for me. Keep those Midnight Sons sets rolling!

Also, with a brickbuilt AntMan, could a brickbuilt Galactus be in the future? We can only hope!
    GalactusVorpalRyuBrickDancerkiki180703pharmjodchuckpxiahnaRsa33VBaskin2008
    Why not make smaller vehicles then? Then they can load these things up with new characters or variations. Give us some more obscure characters. I'd like to see a minifig for everyone on the Avengers roster, past and present.
    Because they wouldn't be able to charge as much for the sets then, due to smaller piece counts.
    xiahnaVBaskin2008
    Brick built Galactus? SOLD!
    SumoLegoGalactuskiki180703AdzbadboypharmjodGoldchainschuckpxiahnaVBaskin2008
    Spider-Man is quite ubiquitous.  Just for fun, a Spider-Man/Batman cross-over set would be excellent and frustrating all at once.
    VBaskin2008
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 562
    I would like a real sentinel...like a ucs sentinel with all the 80s or 90s x-men battling it... Not that tiny one that is smaller than the hulk buster...
    with all the x-men battling it..... YES PLEASE! we need more x-men!!!!!! Too bad LEGO can't make sets based on the upcoming Age of Apocalyps!
    VBaskin2008
    The price we pay for MARVEL's war of attrition with FOX over FF & X-Men. My hope is that FOX will end their run of woeful movies with Age of Apocalypse, cancel the sequel to the Fraktastic Bore & leave us with the high note that looks to be Deadpool. From there MARVEL can salvage these franchises & introduce them into the MCU & perhaps allow TLG to start making more sets.
    INDYJONASkiki180703johnhenzxiahnaVBaskin2008
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 539
    They should put a series of street vignettes in each set on which the superheroes can destroy stuff while they fight. A ground level fight, a wall from which Spidey jumps, etc. Put them together for a massive battle damage scene! Better than another Avenjet, etc.
    INDYJONASkiki180703VorpalRyuReesesPiecesflordwardmGoldchainsAdzbadboyVBaskin2008
    @Sonsceva:
    @Reesespieces:
    UCS Sentinel's head n battle vignette https://flic.kr/p/mAeQRc

MOC by Thorsten Bonsch
    VorpalRyuReesesPiecespharmjodDedgeckoVBaskin2008
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    Have we seen Chinese fakes pop up yet from the new wave?
    xiahnaVBaskin2008
    I saw here in South East Asia several of these bad clones since longer. Among them Ghost Rider:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-ghost-rider-toy.html

I hope Lego will beat them with their original sets in terms of design and quality. Pretty curious how the Lego designers will shape Ghost Rider's headpiece, hopefully more than just on the surface with some flaming graphics.
    prevereVBaskin2008
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,296
    probably with infearno's "helmet"
    VorpalRyuVBaskin2008
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I still feel the best and most complete feeling Marvel LEGO set has been the Daily Bugle Showdown. I love that set.
    INDYJONASpharmjodjohnhenzAdzbadboyxiahnaVBaskin2008
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Oh my god that is just crazy. It looks insane and awesome as a character, let alone as a fig in brick form. I wonder if it will get a shxxx designation?
    INDYJONASkiki180703VBaskin2008
    Yay!

Another Spider-Man!

I can only hope for another polybag with Batman...
    VorpalRyueggshenAdzbadboykiki180703CommanderRaabAmanda1983VBaskin2008
    super jumper. I imagine there is a play feature where you knock down all these heads.
    SumoLegoVorpalRyukiki180703VBaskin2008
    I know that it will turn into a Venom-Head Launcher in my house.
    VorpalRyukiki180703Amanda1983VBaskin2008
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    That polybag is a lot better than the last spiderman polybag (super jumper vs some random robot)
    SumoLegoVorpalRyukiki180703xiahnaVBaskin2008
    BrickDancerLostInTranslationbrumeykiki180703AdzbadboyxiahnaAmanda1983VBaskin2008
    it also looks pretty disturbing for a lego set
    xiahnakiki180703catwranglermadforLEGOAmanda1983VBaskin2008
  • VortexVortex Pakistan/USMember Posts: 342
    Heard great things about the new marvel sets, particularly the Spider-Man bridge set . Found some photos, hope it's acceptable to post them now ( no water marks)
    VBaskin2008