Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

76052 - Batman Classic TV Series, Batcave

Comments

• ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    The helicopter, batmobile and motorcycle....are they all included in the set?
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    edited January 2016
    ryjay said:
    The helicopter, batmobile and motorcycle....are they all included in the set?
    Yup, all 3 were pictured on the box. The 66 Batmobile and Batcopter looked to be fairly accurate representations. Somewhat hard to tell about the Batcycle due to the size and display angle, but it does have the sidecar like in the show.
    gmonkey76
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,419
    edited January 2016
    This popped up on the Lego Car Blog a while back. Looks very similar to the Batmoblie in this set...

Edit: I actually think this one looks better.
    gmonkey76AdeelZubair
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,322
    The one in the set has been subject to the typical shoe horning in of stud shooters, hard to tell from the images we've had but it does at least look a good representation of the Batmobile, just a bit of a shame they didn't do this as a sub theme with 3 sets rather than one big collection as it is.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,909
    I want me some stud shooters and maybe they can shoe-horn in a super-jumper ejection seat?
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,570
    And a hidden compartment for sausages.
    kiki180703Thecollector123
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,045
    And another compartment for hotdog buns.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,909
    Batman wouldn't be a superhero without immediate mobile access to his favorite franks and brats.  (Or a Zweigle's - if you are from my neck of the woods.)
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    SumoLego said:
    I want me some stud shooters and maybe they can shoe-horn in a super-jumper ejection seat?
    I know this was meant as a joke, but I'd actually love to see a super-jumper ejection seat in a vehicle.
    SumoLegokiki180703andhe
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Fairly sure the car in the first agents wave had an ejector 
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,467
    there is one in darkseid invasion too
  • LEGOMAD73LEGOMAD73 STAFFORDSHIREMember Posts: 149
    and the classic film is on the horror channel now.... still the best of them all
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,878
    edited January 2016

^ What has yellow skin and writes? A ballpoint banana!

Just turned over at that point.

Fairly sure the car in the first agents wave had an ejector 
    I missed out all of the original Agents stuff, but #70162 Infearno Interception had an ejector seat function that worked alright, too wide for the Batmobile as I remember, but the principal is there to show it can be done. Using the super jumpers instead of an actual built in ejector feels like a lazy way to do it, and was done with a lot of the superhero sets in the last year.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    Designers for LEGO sets, lazy? pshh...

The set looks okay. Price seems too high. Figures are my main concern and if need be bricklink the car. But I doubt I will get too good of a deal on figures alone. We will see.
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 366
    I can't decide on this set. It really doesn't do it for me like the larger sets tend to.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,711
    If it is about 199.99 USD I may buy one. However if it is over that, likely would buy the Batmobile from someone breaking up the sets, or just bricklink one. Now, wishful thinking has me hoping it is actually 179.99 USD when it comes out.

I have to say I think it would be cool to have a 60's Batmobile patrolling my MOC town, or 60's Joker hanging out of a bank window.
    Sethro3kiki180703
    Exactly. At $200, this is a no brainer. At the proposed $270...
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    If it is about 199.99 USD I may buy one. However if it is over that, likely would buy the Batmobile from someone breaking up the sets, or just bricklink one. Now, wishful thinking has me hoping it is actually 179.99 USD when it comes out.

I have to say I think it would be cool to have a 60's Batmobile patrolling my MOC town, or 60's Joker hanging out of a bank window.
    Sethro3 said:
    Exactly. At $200, this is a no brainer. At the proposed $270...
    This is my hope as well, but once you consider all the exclusive figs and the license it will most likely be north of $200. Its a pass for me at $270. 
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,185
    I'd like to pay $200 or less for this set, but Lego is testing me.... $270 doesn't seem so much for people willing to pay north of $200 for a single SDCC minifigure. I hope people vote with their pocket book, I've already thrown in the towel on Star Wars and will no longer be collecting that theme. 
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,422

SumoLegokiki180703
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    vwong19 said:
    I'd like to pay $200 or less for this set, but Lego is testing me.... $270 doesn't seem so much for people willing to pay north of $200 for a single SDCC minifigure. I hope people vote with their pocket book, I've already thrown in the towel on Star Wars and will no longer be collecting that theme. 
    Yeah the SW prices are getting ridiculous. I only allow myself the occasional set - mostly just the ships I really like. I don't concern myself with collecting figs or building armies. 

I really only collect CMF and Creator 3in1 at this point, but need the occasional A/B/X/Y/Tie fighter to swoosh around and chase the three year old with. 
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    Supposedly the reveal will be later today. Can anyone confirm this? ;)
    CM4Skiki180703
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    just2good said:
    Supposedly the reveal will be later today. Can anyone confirm this? ;)
    You probably!
    kiki180703
  • nicoyagomeznicoyagomez Member Posts: 24
    Today (January 12) is the anniversary of the show's debut. The reveal may or may not be tied to this date. I personally don't know anything but I think others are betting that TLG will commemorate the anniversary with the reveal.
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,878
    edited January 2016
    ^^^ If you don't know, no one does.
    [Deleted User]kiki180703
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651
    I also heard the announcement is today and it's only 13 minutes away!
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited January 2016
    ^wrong by 5 minutes :), pics all over their facebook here:
    https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/photos_stream
    And announcement (no price yet) here:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153416138463403.1073741913.6665038402&type=3

YodaliciousTXLegoguytallblocktoomadforLEGOkiki180703Goldchains
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Well, now that we can officially, OFFICIALLY confirm the piece count, we can also pretty much guarantee the $270 price tag was real. Which, well, damn. It looks great, the minifigures are awesome, and the piece count isn't bad for the price when it comes to a licensed set, but after the $350 Helicarrier, the $350 GB HQ, and now this, I wonder if the days of $160 Arkham Asylum type sets are behind us.
    edited January 2016
    It is $270, £230, 250€ iirc 
    The figures look good, but is that a rehash of Penguin??? Really, LEGO? I guess if I'm only buying the figures that is one less I have to worry about..
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 580
    Ah... I think I'll be getting this but I also think I'll be getting it in Germany if the price is €250 and £230!
    cheshirecatkiki180703
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,562
    Minifigs look great, especially the Cesar Romero Joker with just a hint of a mustache :)

tallblocktoochuckpTheLoneTensorkiki180703
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651

Anticipate the set; pass out upon viewing the price...

US $269.99, CA $329.99, DE 249.99€, UK £229.99, DK 2499.00 DKK.

Bumblepantskiki180703
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Sethro3 said:
    The figures look good, but is that a rehash of Penguin??? Really, LEGO? I guess if I'm only buying the figures that is one less I have to worry about..

I thought the same thing. The Penguin was the one real "blah" of the set.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,345
    Dick and Bruce reuse old faces too.
    edited January 2016
    Ah... I think I'll be getting this but I also think I'll be getting it in Germany if the price is €250 and £230!
    Yes, almost £50 more in the UK than Germany. Going to Berlin in March, flights were only £60 
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 330
    Yep, a pass unfortunately due to price.  Just doesn't look like $270 worth of LEGO.
    madforLEGOkiki180703youpunk
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,467
    a licensed set that is less expensive in europe than in the USA?
    well, it confirms it's not my style. the office part is very nice, but I'm not fond of that cave construction with all the exposed studs.
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited January 2016
    Fauch said:
    MattsWhat said:
    ^not to mention having the back of plates visible front on (even if it does make pretty awesome damask wall paper)
    so that's how it's made? I was wondering if it could be a new texture or just stickers
    Yeah, so it wasn't what I thought - doesn't look like stickers though.  The side on seems to suggest it might be printed 1x4 white bricks.
    Looks like some huge plates (6x14?) with edge studs on the front... not as useful as I thought.
    What on earth is this big wall made of?  Not sure I like the exposed dimple thing (the technic holes I can live with)

• monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 315
    I'm unfamiliar with the show, and therefore this batcave, but what is that big generator-like thing in that middle piece?  Catwoman is on top of it, I just can't tell what it really is supposed to be.
  • allmybricksallmybricks Member Posts: 156
    Too many stickers!  Especially for a $270 set.  :-(
    LegoTTkiki180703
    As expected that price puts it well out of reach for me. It's a shame because they could have so easily done that Batmobile as a separate set (even with the little Bat bike as a second vehicle in the same set) to allow people who can't go all in on something so big to get some 60's Batman stuff.
    tallblocktoobobabrickskiki180703
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    The cave sections themselves don't seem very substantial the more I look at it.  After seeing both I may be back to leaning towards the GB HQ as the better set
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,711
    A great set, love the Batmobile, but, ugh, 270 USD.. WHY LEGO WHYYYY (besides them wanting to gouge consumers).
    As for any parts count argument, with the excess of 1x1 'whatevers' in these new sets I do not consider the part counts anymore as it just does not make sense, not when again a bunch of tiny parts are used to make something.
    Nevermind that Town Hall was 2700+ pieces and only 199.99 USD. Yes, I get the Batcave is 'licensed' but really.. a 50-70 USD mark up for 'Licensed'?

Oh well. Here's to hoping they show up on Amazon UK on sale from time to time.
    monkeyhangerkiki180703
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,562
    edited January 2016
    That's the Atomic Pile. Looks like it has the sign on top that reads

KEEP OFF
    ATOMIC PILE
    SUPER
    HIGH, HIGH VOLTAGE

http://comicsalliance.com/the-batman-66-episode-guide-1x03-fine-feathered-finks/
    gmonkey76kiki180703SumoLego
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    monkyby87 said:
    I'm unfamiliar with the show, and therefore this batcave, but what is that big generator-like thing in that middle piece?  Catwoman is on top of it, I just can't tell what it really is supposed to be.
    Its called the Atomic Pile and it powers the Batmobile.

I think? 

hewman
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Is that a short cape on Robin?  I am hoping the standard length yellow capes become more available.