Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Southern California is getting a Lego/Brick Convention!!!

Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 572
About time!!!  I just saw it posted from the good folks at FBTB.net that a SoCal Lego/Brick convention is coming in May!!

I was tired of missing out on Bricks By the Bay and the Seattle con being so far away, but this is right in my own backyard!

Southern Californians rejoice!  I'm hoping it will turn out to be a long lasting con, so color me excited to check it out!

Here's the link:  http://www.bricksla.com/

LegoKipBrickDancerPoochyyys4uChrisbstmnovicebuilder101kiki180703

Comments

• PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    edited March 2015
    Sigh, Pasadena is still a brick too far for me from down in the OC :(.
  • legogrrl4legogrrl4 Member Posts: 42
    Poochy said:
    Well there is always the Fullerton train show. There is always a big lego train layout there.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ Thanks, will keep an eye out for the '15 show.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 572
    Poochy said:

Granted it's far from OC, but I can imagine as long as attendance is good, the show can grow to larger venues.  I'd rather live in OC and drive an hour and change to Pasadena then fly/drive to seattle and SF.  ;)

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,434
    Bricks by the Bay is in Santa Clara, not SF. ;)

Also, tickets are now on sale on their site. :)
  • novicebuilder101novicebuilder101 Member Posts: 130
    I'm planning on going as I live 5 miles away from Pasadena. I hope to see some of you there!
    Reminder that BricksLA is this weekend in Pasadena!!!  Who's all going?  Anyone having any of their MOCs displayed?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    I didn't even know about BricksLA until it was mentioned this morning on another thread. Trying to get there tomorrow, hopefully have a chance to run into some Bricksetters if I do.
    You'll definitely run into some and some local LUG members too.  You should definitely join either LUGOLA or OCLUG depending on your location. ;)
    Small taste of what was at BricksLA.  
    Rsa33
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^It was a good show for my first BrickCon of any sort. I like the large mosaics (Matrix, Bttf), Mad Max theme, some impressive Mechs, nice cars like the Calypso, Jag & Bugatti, etc.

Stopped by the Constructibles booth for a quick purchase for the gf (she was the one who almost lost her phone). Nice offerings of mini builds, of which she went with one of your Heart designs. Some of the booths were well priced, while others were shooting for the stars with their prices.