Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Dare I say, Walmart?

Comments

• MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    Just grabbed two 75093 Death Star Final Duel - $59.99 each
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    The Wal-Mart's by me have all the new Star Wars sets marked down except for Reys Speeder. I found a stack of the new Millennium Falcons for $109.
    BumblepantsRonyarkiki180703goshe7Bricklover18
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Thanos75 said:
    The Wal-Mart's by me have all the new Star Wars sets marked down except for Reys Speeder. I found a stack of the new Millennium Falcons for $109.
    $109.00?!  Seems kind of high for your neck of the woods ;)
    I know.....I'm sure I will still be able to pick them up when they are still sitting in the same spot 6 years from now.
    matticus_bricks
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    The Walmart near me on Red Bank Road in Cincinnati had a few Imperial Shuttle Tydiriums for $74 and Avengers Quinjet City Battles for $59.  Pretty decent discounts for Walmart anyways.  Leave me an Avengers set!
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    The Walmart I went to in Zion IL had Tyderium Shuttle at ~$90. :( 

was as hoping it was at $74
  • BoomDiggityBoomDiggity Member Posts: 107
    The Walmart near me on Red Bank Road in Cincinnati had a few Imperial Shuttle Tydiriums for $74 and Avengers Quinjet City Battles for $59.  Pretty decent discounts for Walmart anyways.  Leave me an Avengers set!
    Odd because that isn't what the app is showing. Guess this teaches me not to trust the app!
  • spepperspepper Davie, FLMember Posts: 155
    Odd because that isn't what the app is showing. Guess this teaches me not to trust the app!
    Each Walmart seems to manage their own discoints/clearwnce items. In my area (west of Fort Lauderdale, Fla) there are like 4 walmarts in a 6/7 miles radio. #60080 was at 89.99 in two of them, while in the others it was still at regular price.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    On a whim, I checked out JW sets on Walmart.com and discovered that they have Raptor Escape in stock for MSRP! Order quick! Oh shoot, can only order one per. Make second order! Now I have two! Make third order, systems is wonky and it gives me a store pickup 100 miles away. Cancel that one. Wife comes home for supper. Enjoy dinner (but am frigidity). Wife departs for choir practice. Back on computer. Out, but Toywiz will happily sell me one for $114.99.  Bummer. I guess I better skip dinner next time!
    kiki180703BrickDancerSirBenprevere
  • SweepyDSweepyD USMember Posts: 78
    And here I went and passed up one of those at $30.00 in my walmart after xmas. Oops
    edited January 2016
    I don't usually buy sets when first released but Walmart had 75101  First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter - In store pickup only $55.99 twenty percent off is a decent deal IMO
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 294
    @ecmo47 they had the raptor set at Target today for 49.99
    ^ That's the Raptor Rampage (#79517). Raptor Escape (#75920) is a Walmart Exclusive and has been hard to find since release.
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 294
    Aha, sorry about that
    No worries! I think that Rampage is a nicer set anyway and don't really understand all the fuss over the Escape set.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 783
    ecmo47 said:
    No worries! I think that Rampage is a nicer set anyway and don't really understand all the fuss over the Escape set.
    Collectors

Also Raptors

#75920 is also the cheapest set to get Raptors as well.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    edited January 2016
    ecmo47 said:

Exclusive to Walmart. That's it. No other reason. Harder to find, limited production compared to the others. Always is the case with the one-off, exclusive sets. Well not always, but a lot of the time.

That City bank robbery set a few years ago wasn't really all that impressive. Just your average City set, but people when nuts when it went on sale because it was a Target exclusive.

• goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    ecmo47 said:
    Most people read the name of the set as "Super Zombies $$$$$ Raptor Escape Exclusive Easy $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Zombies Zombies".  That is where the fuss comes from.
    eggshenkiki180703
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,550
    In the case of the Raptor escape I believe that you must get that set to get all the different raptors in the movie, which does not help collectors who may want to otherwise avoid having to buy such sets when they cannot find them in the store. The #9465 Zombies set comes to mind for Monster fighters in terms of those that want it to complete a collection. I'm sure not a point lost on those trying to corner the market on the Raptor escapes in terms of where the Escape set can reach in terms of after market prices.

hleonffukiki180703
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    Yes, as @madforLEGO said, there were four raptors in the movie. The Raptor Rampage includes Blue and Delta, while Raptor Escape includes Charlie and Echo. Anyone who wants all four would be pretty disappointed to miss out on one set or the other. 
    hleonffukiki180703
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    edited January 2016
    ecmo47 said:
    On a whim, I checked out JW sets on Walmart.com and discovered that they have Raptor Escape in stock for MSRP! Order quick! Oh shoot, can only order one per. Make second order! Now I have two! Make third order, systems is wonky and it gives me a store pickup 100 miles away. Cancel that one. Wife comes home for supper. Enjoy dinner (but am frigidity). Wife departs for choir practice. Back on computer. Out, but Toywiz will happily sell me one for $114.99.  Bummer. I guess I better skip dinner next 
    ^ I tried to say Targets are getting JW sets in again, and we saw the Raptor Escape there, not at Walmart
    ^Really!? That would be strange. Was it just one set or multiple copies? Either there was a goof-up in distribution or Lego is reneging on their "exclusive" policy. Now I have to run to Target and see if there are some there!  
    @ecmo47 ...nope, I'm wrong...I confused Escape with Rampage.  Rampage was at Target, not Escape
    It seems like the relationship between W-mart & third party sellers has gotten out of hand lately,prices are ridiculous & fluctuate wildly.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,899
    Just one from what i have observed. Toywiz. And my oh my what most third party sellers would give to have the traffic from Wal-Mart flowing their way.
  • 3stackshs3stackshs Member Posts: 299
    pharmjod said:
    Just one from what i have observed. Toywiz. And my oh my what most third party sellers would give to have the traffic from Wal-Mart flowing their way.
    I would like to know how many unsuspecting parents are duped into paying toywiz prices because they don't know any better and they see the clearance tag.
    MrJ_NYkiki180703
    ^ Duped or just desperate? Lotta parents/grandparents with disposable income (or disposable credit) that won't say no to little Timmy or Tammy.
  • 3stackshs3stackshs Member Posts: 299
    ^Toywiz prices are almost all way higher than even Amazon.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,531
    At least Toywiz might deliver the product. I have had 4 orders for set 10697 canceled by Walmart after placing orders for in store pickup, the most recent was canceled yesterday. 
    edited January 2016
    At least Toywiz might deliver the product. I have had 4 orders for set 10697 canceled by Walmart after placing orders for in store pickup, the most recent was canceled yesterday. 
    I think you are using a bad example ( #10697 ) . The exclusive set for BF is notoriously hard to get after BF (even if the site happens to show them) for most regular LEGO sets Walmart is really no different than any other store in my experience.
    goshe7
    I think you are using a bad example ( #10697 ) . The exclusive set for BF is notoriously hard to get after BF (even if the site happens to show them) for most regular LEGO sets Walmart is really no different than any other store in my experience.
    This will also frequently happen on clearance items as well. The store's actual inventory will not be correct (due to theft, loss, damage, error, etc.) but their online system still reflects store having inventory and you can place an order for pickup.  What's really fun is that there is some back-end synchronization that reinstates the incorrect inventory even if the store makes the adjustment when cancelling the order.

I think I went through about twenty cancelled orders for #60052 when they went on clearance last year, dispersed among a handful of stores that would periodically show inventory.

• ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Bunch of walmarts closing, wonder if this will result in some sales
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,532
    ^ It's all the Walmart Express stores. Only been to one, and it was like a very small grocery store. If they have a toy section you'd be lucky to find a $9.99-$14.99 set.
    edited January 2016
    Kmart is closing a bunch aswell. I have had good luck buying from a Kmart going out of business.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    gmonkey76 said:
    ^ It's all the Walmart Express stores. Only been to one, and it was like a very small grocery store. If they have a toy section you'd be lucky to find a $9.99-$14.99 set.
    Not all of them are express stores.

one that's closing near me is a full-on WM.
    its a bit dated so that (eventual closing) probably explains why it hasn't gotten the renovations others have.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,171
    Thanos75 said:
    Kmart is closing a bunch aswell. I have had good luck buying from a Kmart going out of business.
    I forget there are Kmarts that are still open. It is really difficult to tell driving past one if it is an open place of business or if it is a derelict building.
    pharmjodThanos75kiki180703Yodalicious
  • JetWing34JetWing34 Michigan, USAMember Posts: 38
    I found #75915 (Pteranodon Capture) at $40 at nearest Wal-Mart according to website. Wasn't it $19 or something?
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    I just picked up 4 brick bountys at a kmart for $79.  They are worth wandering in to from time to time.

ryjaykiki180703MrJ_NY
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,899
    Thanos75 said:
    I forget there are Kmarts that are still open. It is really difficult to tell driving past one if it is an open place of business or if it is a derelict building.
    It's also difficult to tell the difference while you're shopping in one that is in fact open.
    TheLoneTensorYodalicious
    wagnerml2 said:
    I just picked up 4 brick bountys at a kmart for $79.  They are worth wandering in to from time to time.

Some of the best deals on lego I have found at Kmart.  Best part, a working price scanner was in the lego aisle!
    wagnerml2kiki180703
    wagnerml2 said:

If you can find one in your area without driving miles and miles that is :-)
    wagnerml2kiki180703
    edited January 2016
    Spaceport $89 - Jokerland $89 - Scooby Doo Mansion $64 Haunted Lighthouse $35 Mystery Machine $21 - Creator Changing Seasons $35 - Star Wars Mos Eisley Cantina $49 - Millenium Falcon $109 - First Order Transport $64 - First Order TIE Fighter $54.99 - Imperial Shuttle Tyderium $74 - Kylo Ren Shuttle $89 - Final Duel $59 and too many more to remember
    They've raised all the MF 75105 back to $149 around me as they have restocked;  I would move fast if you want and find it for $109.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 693
    MrJ_NY said:
    Spaceport $89 - Jokerland $89 - Scooby Doo Mansion $64 Haunted Lighthouse $35 Mystery Machine $21 - Creator Changing Seasons $35 - Star Wars Mos Eisley Cantina $49 - Millenium Falcon $109 - First Order Transport $64 - First Order TIE Fighter $54.99 - Imperial Shuttle Tyderium $74 - Kylo Ren Shuttle $89 - Final Duel $59 and too many more to remember
    Sounds more like a store closing sale!  Wish I had those sales at my closest Walmarts.  My two nearest are still selling the Chima Ice Mammoth for $89.97 and the Ninjago MechDragon for $89.97.

Sethro3
    @goshe7 No worries I grabbed my MF at light speed ;)

goshe7LegoTTkiki180703Goldchains
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    Scotty12 - that sounds about right. But it makes sense. It says you are in Iowa, I'm in Nebraska. Maybe this section of the country doesn't get those types of deals...

I haven't seen any good sales at Walmart for a long time.
    Sethro3 said:
    Scotty12 - that sounds about right. But it makes sense. It says you are in Iowa, I'm in Nebraska. Maybe this section of the country doesn't get those types of deals...

I haven't seen any good sales at Walmart for a long time.
    I have found that Walmart stores have always had sporadic sales regardless of region or locations. I have seen stores by me that have no sales, but then find another store that has a lot on sale.
  • ethanjwallethanjwall United StatesMember Posts: 118
    Surprisingly, a Shopko near my town had some very good sales! 
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    edited January 2016
    Surprisingly, a Shopko near my town had some very good sales! 
    Examples, @ethanjwall?