Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

76052 - Batman Classic TV Series, Batcave

Comments

• brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Wow, if the report that @CM4S shared of 2526 pieces at $270 is true, this seems to be an interesting direction that LEGO is extending into (esp when paired with Ghostbusters). Not just small one-off sets of licensed themes (Big Bang, Doctor Who, etc), but can extend to ONE ULTIMATE SET from every big license out there. 

A $300 Goonies set.
    A $300 1960s The Prisoner set.
    A $300 Casablanca set.
    A $300 Wizard of Oz set.
    A $300 Sanford & Son set. 
    A $300 Dark Crystal set.
    A $300 Harold & Maude set.
    A $300...

Forget about saving for my kid's college degree, I have to start saving for all these mega-sets LEGO is bound to come out with!
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBcatwrangler
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    How many sets need to be purchased to complete the Wayne Manor and Bat Cave?!
    brickupdatekiki180703
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 985
    I can't get that link to work (possibly because I don't use Facebook). 
    Im not going to sleep tonight if I don't see this photo.

can someone post a different link, provided they don't get in trouble?
    PPppllllleeeeasssseeeee!!!
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,908
    edited January 2016
    CM4S said:
    News from someone in the know on EB -
    2526 pieces
    $270

What really, didn't think it look that big maybe it will in person. Now I have to hope for a good price like we got with the Sea Cow.

• luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    @lulego - just google "lego 76052" and click images, you will see some grainy photos of the box part way down the page.
    brickupdatekiki180703catwrangler
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,806

CM4S said:
    News from someone in the know on EB -
    2526 pieces
    $270

269.99 USD seems like a weird price point. At 270 USD I think they will be hard pressed to sell this set, even with the uniqueness of it. In the US it is worse because no one can discount the set. May have to watch Amazon UK for deals on this one.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ Agreed. Nearly 2,000 less pieces, but only $80 cheaper than the GB Firehouse. Of course, Batman (even if it is a classic version) is more popular these days, but $270 does seem odd. 
    Wait a minute... 270 looks suspiciously familiar:

27       0

We can't escape it! 

(if you don't understand this reference, then that means you saved yourself about 100 pages of 27% references in the "Predictions on Discontinuing Sets and their Secondary Market Value" thread.)
    mampepin
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    Looks like a $200 set to me. 
    brickupdatekiki180703YodaliciousBumblepantsdougts
    mathew said:
    Looks like a $200 set to me. 
    I have to agree here. This set is completely fun, but without the ability to be a striking display piece, I'm not sure how it cracks $200. Seems like there are loads of play features; just seems unusual for a true playset (without a model element) to be more than $200. 
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Looks like a $200 set to me. $270 is too much but I'll still buy it anyway, and LEGO knows it. 
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I love Batman. I love 66 Batman especially. But at 270 I will have to pass. Just like gb, too rich for my blood. Too much for plastic bricks.

The set looks decent, but not 2500 pieces. Must be on the inside to build it up like that. It has a similar jokerland feel to it and not all connected. But maybe other pictures will be better.

At the very least I'll pay through the nose for the figures. How much do we think Freeze will go for in that polybag? 30$?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,806
    Depends on if Freeze is only available with purchase of this particular set, or if it will be available for any purchase of DC Super heroes for over X amount, or purchase for any LEGO set of over than X dollars.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Google: simpsons adam west catwoman
    Copy first link
    Paste into post

vwong19gmonkey76adiemckiki180703BuriedinBricks
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    Wow, if the report that @CM4S shared of 2526 pieces at $270 is true, this seems to be an interesting direction that LEGO is extending into (esp when paired with Ghostbusters). Not just small one-off sets of licensed themes (Big Bang, Doctor Who, etc), but can extend to ONE ULTIMATE SET from every big license out there. 

A $300 Goonies set.
    A $300 1960s The Prisoner set.
    A $300 Casablanca set.
    A $300 Wizard of Oz set.
    A $300 Sanford & Son set. 
    A $300 Dark Crystal set.
    A $300 Harold & Maude set.
    A $300...

Forget about saving for my kid's college degree, I have to start saving for all these mega-sets LEGO is bound to come out with!
    A $300 Sanford & Son set? Sold! Where and when can I buy it? :)
    gmonkey76kiki180703exciter1brickupdategraphite
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 509
    Google: simpsons adam west catwoman
    Copy first link
    Paste into post
    Bart and Lisa absolutely have the right opinion about Adam West as Batman.

I'm thinking this is going to be around 3,000 pieces.  Which makes it around the size the of the Helicarrier and that's where I'm getting the price from.  I really want to be wrong about this and hope the price is less.  Maybe the height of Wayne Manor is throwing me off, it looking bigger than 2,500 pieces to me.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    This looks completely awesome.  I need this in my life.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,431
    No way is that 2500 pieces. Even the manor facade is just a couple of large plates (like 16x16) and some pieces for detail. It's almost like Lego is looking at Bricklink and using that for the value of the pieces there to price it. If the price is $200 I'd consider it but at $270, it's a definite no.
    BumblepantsTXLegoguykiki180703dougts
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    Yeah, the manor section looks to be made up of a few 16x16 plates.  Nothing wrong with that approach.  My guess is around 2,200 pieces total.  I can't imagine the rights to the classic Batman cost as much as the current one so that should keep the price down some. 
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,516
    Remember when we thought Arkham was expensive at $160? Those were the days. Add a helicopter and raise a section with Technic framing and it wouldn't be too dissimilar parts wise to this. I will still wait until final pics and pricing are revealed but if $270 is the number I think I will have to skip this one as fun as it looks.
  • exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 226
    I'm combining at least two of these.  Wayne Manor should be fairly easy to expand.  One batmobile and batcopter will look nice on my desk at work.
  • LEGOMAD73LEGOMAD73 STAFFORDSHIREMember Posts: 149

If you use bing - and enter lego 76052 - select images there are some views of front and back of box

• LEGOMAD73LEGOMAD73 STAFFORDSHIREMember Posts: 149
    MattsWhat said:
    LEGOMAD73 said:

If you use bing

and... you lost me.

bing.com
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited January 2016
    Or google - still shows the brickset image 3rd row down
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    LEGOMAD73 said:
    MattsWhat said:
    LEGOMAD73 said:

If you use bing

and... you lost me.

bing.com
    I think the joke is that he doesn't like Bing (neither do I but... to each his own)
    MattsWhatkiki180703
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    LEGOMAD73 said:
    MattsWhat said:
    LEGOMAD73 said:

If you use bing

and... you lost me.

bing.com
    Nope, still nothing..
    Or google - still shows the brickset image 3rd row down
    Oh, he meant google. I get it now. (Maybe I should have used /sarc in the first place)
    LusiferSamkiki180703dougtsToc13
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,487
    Sethro3 said:
    I love Batman. I love 66 Batman especially. But at 270 I will have to pass. Just like gb, too rich for my blood. Too much for plastic bricks.

The set looks decent, but not 2500 pieces. Must be on the inside to build it up like that. It has a similar jokerland feel to it and not all connected. But maybe other pictures will be better.

At the very least I'll pay through the nose for the figures. How much do we think Freeze will go for in that polybag? 30$?
    9 figs x 30$ = 270$
    oops.
    Toc13
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,005
    Mr Freeze (albeit a different one) was in a recent relatively cheap set. So people after a (any) Mr Freeze won't need the poly. That may hold the price down. It may turn out to be another Han poly.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,148
    LEGOMAD73 said:

If you use bing - and enter lego 76052 - select images there are some views of front and back of box

What's a Bing?
    ^ Jokes been done already, your slower than a bing search.
    SumoLegoJern92kiki180703AdeelZubair
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    Bing is Gaelic for "thy Turkey is done."

But yes, Freeze was in other sets, but 60s Batman has a market all its own. I have other versions of Freeze, but if I am getting the cast of 60s Batman, I might as well get that Freeze too since they are so different.

I was throwing $30 out for Iron Patriot. I haven't checked him in a while, but I recall him hovering around $30 for a long time after the release. Similar to Darth Revan. Now he goes for more of course. I'm just trying to see how much money I have to spend to finish the collection.
    LostInTranslationgmonkey76kiki180703
    ^  Well, I'm happy they finally got around to making parts to construct minifigure breast implants.
    gmonkey76kiki180703ricecake
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,593
    @SumoLego  thanks I need that. Guess now I can give my Slave Leia and female Super Hero figures the bigger boobs they have in the comic books.
    SumoLego
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    Wait till the Chinese start making siliclone implants.
    kiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,005
    I prefer the most recent Mr Freeze to that one.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,854
    I love that they're doing this! Agree it sounds too expensive, but that's true of most sets to my mind. I'm utterly charmed by the Batmobile and I love the "upstairs at Wayne Manor" room! 
    77ncaachampskiki180703tallblocktoo
    SMC said:
    Snarky Bing/@TigerMoth grammar check says: "joke has", "you're" and "Bing".
    kiki180703TheLoneTensor
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    Keep up the good work.
    kiki180703SumoLego
    SumoLego said:
    SMC said:
    Snarky Bing/@TigerMoth grammar check says: "joke has", "you're" and "Bing".

That search took a long time too, try goggle.

'Jokes been done already' think that's ok as its a forum and a conversational style, bing don't use a capital letter themselves. 'your' is just wrong but hey I'm dyslexic so I should be let off one every now and then.  

SumoLegokiki180703
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited January 2016
    If you accept the internet morphing into a blob of illiteracy, then yeah, "that's ok."
    SumoLegokiki180703
    ^  'u r gr8 ty'
    kiki180703pharmjod
    If you accept the internet morphing into a blob of illiteracy, then yeah, "that's ok."

smiley face, smiley face, TR-8R, shark eating a man, headless Lego figure, smiley face, smiley face,

kiki180703SumoLego
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    SMC said:

'Jokes been done already' think that's ok as its a forum and a conversational style, bing don't use a capital letter themselves. 'your' is just wrong but hey I'm dyslexic so I should be let off one every now and then. 

Bing is capitalised in normal text.

You'd have been better off to claim that dyslexia entitles you to "be let off one" and then claiming dyscalculia as well!
    edited January 2016
    Dis Caligula?  Say what now?  

I warn you, the clip has some salty, salty language.

• ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    The picture I saw of #76052 Batcave doesn't show the piece count on the front of the box.  Would that be just a prototype pix?

Nope European boxes don't have piece count on them.