Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Old Castle Sets Errors in Instructions

cahasencahasen Dayton OHMember Posts: 2
All,
My name is Chris and in my 30's.  Although now an adult I managed to keep several of the old Castle lego sets from the late 1980s and early 1990s I had as a kid.  I had some extra time on a long break from work and just noticed something weird as I was building several sets.  Several of the instructions from sets including 6042 Dungeon Hunters (red), 6081 King's Mountain Fortress (red), 6066 Camouflaged Outpost (red), 6059 Knight's Stronghold (blue), and 6034 Black Monarch's Ghost (blue) are all supposed to have horse saddles with one "clutch" on right side, color I put in parenthesis, if you look at instructions and on box. However, in looking through all the saddles I have, I only managed to have one red one that has one clutch, and I think that one went to the King's Castle 6080, along with a yellow, black, and white saddle all with one clutch.  All the rest of my saddles, red and blue, have two clutches, and I never traded any of them or lost them to my knowledge.  I wonder if this is an error and I received the wrong saddles in the lego sets or if the instructions have an error and really should show saddles with a clutch on both sides.  Has anyone else experienced something similar, or have any idea about this?
Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,452
    The old single clip saddle was made from 1984 to 1990 and the 2 clip saddle was made from 1990 to present. There is a transition time when both parts could have been used but I would think they just used the old print art to make the directions and box art. What you have sounds very common and I wouldn't worry about it. 
    madforLEGO
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    The saddle transitioned from one clip to two around 1990, according to BrickLink. This is probably a case of the instructions and photos being produced before the new part was finalized. For the Camouflaged Outpost, it's likely the new version was included once stock of the old version ran out.
  • cahasencahasen Dayton OHMember Posts: 2
    ok, that makes sense...thanks for the answers
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 491
    Oh, remember freaking out about this as a kid.  I think my 6034, 6042 and 6081 have the single clip saddles as I got those early on (birthday and Xmas 1990).  6059 I think had the doubles because I got it much later (Xmas 1992).  Now I may have to go check, which digging out :( this old favorites. :)