Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO/ESPN College Football

ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
Just saw this posted on reddit and hadn't seen anything about it here yet. There are links to instructions for mini-builds of a helmet, stadium, and (American) football that you can download.

https://espn.lego.com/en-us/espn.html

Thanos75preverekiki180703

Comments

• ryjayryjay Member Posts: 976
    Now that's one of the coolest things I've seen from Lego.  Why waste your time with Pirates, Chima, & Nexo when they could be doing NCAA football?
    pharmjodPitfall69kiki180703
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,303
    I hope this is a glimmer of hope that LEGO will get the rights for NCAA Football or Even NFL. 
    kiki180703pharmjod
    edited December 2015
    ....although it is ESPN promo and Disney does after all own ESPN...and for all economic purposes it owns LEGO, too :)
    pharmjod
    This is true, but I wonder if it is different for merchandise? 
    edited December 2015
    ^  Most likely would be.   I think for this, ESPN  has permission from the NCAA to promote the playoff games any way they see fit and the Disney-Lego connection helps.  But then again, I have no idea, I'm just guessing.  But I still think it is cool
    Look how "popular" TEAM GB is; if LEGO can make minifigures for just one team for the Olympics, why not do the same with the NCAA or NFL? I think LEGO is missing out on a huge market share. Yes they have done soccer,  hockey and basketball, but NFL is king. NCAA Football is even more popular than Hockey and dare I say Basketball.
    pharmjod
    I know currently OYO makes NCAA football mini figures, and I have no idea how all that works with patents, but it must be clear if NFL, NCAA, MLB, & NHL are all on board.

BTW, I want the instructions for the larger helmet builds, too.  Get those, then any team can be made, not just the 4 play off ones.
    Yes. I too want the instructions for the large helmets
    pharmjodkiki180703
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    ryjay said:

BTW, I want the instructions for the larger helmet builds, too.  Get those, then any team can be made, not just the 4 play off ones.
    yeah, i find it very annoying that they don't have those instructions.