Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2015 Brickset Secret Santa

Comments

• theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,509
    Thank's Secret Santa. I've fancied the bird for quite a while but resisted buying it in the past, i must have subconciously known i was getting it in the future, already built now. Think i'm going to tackle the Simpsons house next then on to the Monkey. Thanks.

Although in one picture the parrot is pooping the brown bits and in another the frog is eating them. Eww.
    kiki180703LostInTranslationhkcrazy88GothamConstructionCoSumoLegoPate5346Amanda1983
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    Wow, thanks Secret Santa for my gift. There's more there than I thought possible considering the four layers of wrapping needed to post it. Merry Christmas!
    kiki180703LostInTranslationLegoPegasister2015hkcrazy88GothamConstructionCosnowhitieSumoLegokhmellymelAmanda1983
  • LegoPegasister2015LegoPegasister2015 Westchester, NYMember Posts: 132

It may be nothing much, but I'm still really happy about the surprise. I'm not into polybags much and this is one of the only ones I wanted really badly.

Hope everyone enjoys their holiday!
    LostInTranslationhkcrazy88GothamConstructionCosnowhitieSumoLegoDanGPkiki180703khmellymelAmanda1983
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,781
    Thank you to my Secret Santa - a polybag that I don't have, a Scooby Doo set that got immediately built and a S13 Hot Dog Guy, which is going right into to my Modular City.

Thank you very much!

hkcrazy88LostInTranslationGothamConstructionCosnowhitieDanGPkiki180703khmellymelAmanda1983
    Shib said:
    @BooTheMightyHamster - if you search hamster on the brickset parts list it comes up, looks like it was from a set rather than an event one.
    That is a worthy gift!
    kiki180703Amanda1983SprinkleOtter

Amazeballs.

Thanks, secret Santa! Fearing the wurst, I was amused to discover my payload contained a load of plopp :)

Someone obviously paid attention to my favourite chocolate bar from a previous @bendybadger giveaway. Thanks also for the other bits and the custom xmas decoration!
    That is awesome.  Sooo... green with envy!
    hkcrazy88snowhitiekiki180703SprinkleOtter
  • BombTecBombTec In the MountainsMember Posts: 107
    Awesome! Three TLM polys that I missed out on. And you can't have a Christmas without a tree. Thanks SS!!!
    hkcrazy88snowhitieGothamConstructionCoLostInTranslationravendragonwingkiki180703khmellymelAmanda1983
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 877
    No photos unfortunately but got #60074 bulldozer and a great wee wreath tree ornament! Much appreciated and big thanks to my secret Santa.
    LostInTranslationsnowhitierancorbaittallblocktookiki180703Amanda1983
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Unwrapped #76022 from my Secret Santa today!  Thank you so much!  It's great!

Even more fun has been coming here to read everyone's reactions to their presents.  Great community here :D
    LegoPegasister2015rancorbaittallblocktookiki180703GothamConstructionCoLostInTranslationsnowhitiehkcrazy88Amanda1983
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 789
    My mom opened my SS gift today because I'm still in Belgium. She said it was overflowing with Mixels - so something to build with the nieces on NYE! Thanks very much to my Secret Santa! Looking forward to next year when I'll hopefully be able to open it myself :)
    LostInTranslationRomanticWarriorkiki180703snowhitiehkcrazy88rancorbaitLegoPegasister2015khmellymelAmanda1983
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 294
    Happy you like it Samuel. My first real attempt at a moc so I was worried how it would be received. The others were bits I thought you could use for your helms deep moc. Merry Christmas!
    kiki180703Jennisamiam391snowhitieGothamConstructionCoLostInTranslationLego_StarAmanda1983
    hoodaddy said:
    Happy you like it Samuel. My first real attempt at a moc so I was worried how it would be received. The others were bits I thought you could use for your helms deep moc. Merry Christmas!
    Not so Secret there.
    kiki180703SumoLego
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,252
    hoodaddy said:
    Not so Secret there.
    Absolutely no harm... I could already tell it was him ;)
    kiki180703Lego_StarandheAmanda1983
    samiam391 said:
    hoodaddy said:
    Not so Secret there.
    Absolutely no harm... I could already tell it was him ;)
    If i could find the smilies i would have added one :).
    kiki180703
    I have bamboozled all of you - it was me!

(Not really - that is an awesome Secret Santa gift.  Very CubeDude.)
    kiki180703LostInTranslationhkcrazy88
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,034
    Woah..... my SS has been very generous indeed. Unfortunately the clever MOC included has been mullered in the post, so I'll be reconstructing it from the pictures supplied in a little while and report back.
    kiki180703GothamConstructionCosnowhitiehkcrazy88Amanda1983
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 442
    Thank you secret santa
    Very pleased, probably not something I would have bought which makes it much more interesting. My town needed a flashy sports car. 
    LostInTranslationsnowhitiehkcrazy88kiki180703GothamConstructionCoRomanticWarrior
    To say there were 26 or more people just in the UK. There is a large lack of photos in this thread.
  • BombTecBombTec In the MountainsMember Posts: 107
    Indeed, you don't know if yours was received, liked,, or tossed in the junk bin. 
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    You know, I'm beginning to wonder if my recipient liked the stuff I'd sent them, since they haven't posted on the thread what they got yet... it would make my day to see them happy with their gifts.

But, from the people who are posting on the thread, it's really nice to see the sheer generosity of Bricksetters in general, and I'm already looking forward to the 2016 Brickset Secret Santa :o)
    Renegade007cjhkiki180703Lego_StarsnowhitieRomanticWarriorhkcrazy88blars82Amanda1983
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,810
    ^  ^ that's great really nice to see that they put that much effort in a gift.

^ maybe, people are having a lot of Christmas parties and are  just not able to come onto Brickset...
    kiki180703Amanda1983
    Any chance people want to start saying who was the SS for who? I love the mystery leading up to Christmas, but afterwards it's always fun (at least for me) to see who gifted for who!
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,947
    edited December 2015
    I left a slight clue in my bundle, but it wasn't quite the clue I was hoping for. </cryptic>
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,720
    ^did you accidently put a plopp inside?
    Bumblepantskiki180703
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,513
    edited December 2015
    I'm not going to say who I was Santa for and I'd prefer not to know who was Santa for me. I actually like to keep it secret!

I'm very very grateful for what I received and the parcel I sent seems to have been well received and that's enough for me. I am just looking forward to passing on the generosity that was shown to me this year to somebody else in 2016.
    snowhitieiso3200kiki180703hkcrazy88samiam391tallblocktookhmellymelBooTheMightyHamsterAmanda1983
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,810
    ^I agree, I like the mystery...
    Amanda1983
  • TommyFTommyF northern irelandMember Posts: 29
    Parcel received via Amazon on Christmas Eve - I did get a mail saying it would be coming like that, so I knew to look out for it.

Opened Christmas Day - Technic Lego Racer Car

Thank You Very Much Secret Santa
    (First year doing this for me)

snowhitieLostInTranslationkhmellymelkiki180703RomanticWarriorAmanda1983
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Thanks for my gift! Haven't had chance to take a pic yet! But got a build able Jango Fett and R2-D2 torch!
    snowhitieLostInTranslationkiki180703RomanticWarriorAmanda1983
  • trax_3trax_3 Member Posts: 59
    Sorry haven't been able to post anything until now but thank you so much to my Secret Santa :)

snowhitiebrickedinRenegade007cjhLostInTranslationkhmellymelkiki180703RomanticWarriorhkcrazy88Amanda1983
    I'm not going to say who I was Santa for and I'd prefer not to know who was Santa for me. I actually like to keep it secret!

I'm very very grateful for what I received and the parcel I sent seems to have been well received and that's enough for me. I am just looking forward to passing on the generosity that was shown to me this year to somebody else in 2016.
    Fair enough... well stated! A mystery it shall remain :)
    SumoLegoAmanda1983
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,513
    ^ I'm not saying others shouldn't reveal if they wish, just that I'm not going to and I'd rather not know who was my Santa :-) 
    SumoLego
    evantyler said:
    After five days of traveling and visiting with family members, it was nice to come home to two packages yet to be opened. My Secret Santa was so generous--what a great variety of gifts! Thank you SO MUCH! I had a blast selecting gifts for my person as well, so I'll definitely do it again next year. Happy holidays, and best wishes to the Brickset community in 2016!

One can always give the gift of a thunderbox.
    kiki180703
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,281
    ^ I'm not saying others shouldn't reveal if they wish, just that I'm not going to and I'd rather not know who was my Santa :-) 
    Ditto.
    I was most chuffed with my gift, so thank you Santa, and I'll leave it at that.
    kiki180703Renegade007cjh
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 203
    First of all apologies for the late post. Thank you secret Santa so much for all the cool stuff - mulled wine fits perfectly in the lego bottle heh heh. The daughter loved her present too. Can't wait for next year!! Also, ps HangedSanchez - you're very welcome for the pressie :)
    rancorbaithkcrazy88kiki180703snowhitieAmanda1983