Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2015 Brickset Secret Santa

Comments

• GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 741
    After early trip to the sorting office this morning we have our first present under the tree courtesy of my SS.

I really hope there are no Rebel incursions between now and Christmas Day :o)

In other SS related news I managed to finally post my SS gift today after much tweaking. 
    hkcrazy88LostInTranslationkiki180703snowhitiekhmellymel
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,312
    I have a 'thing' to collect from the sorting office tomorrow.  Not expecting anything else, so hoping it's Secret Santa!

/gets excited
    LostInTranslationRenegade007cjhkiki180703GothamConstructionCosnowhitiehkcrazy88
  • kioko21kioko21 United KingdomMember Posts: 77
    Picked up my secret santa present today! Thank you very much Santa! Can't wait to open it!
    LostInTranslationtheLEGOmankiki180703snowhitiehkcrazy88Lego_StarAdeelZubairkhmellymelAmanda1983
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    I think you got a Bauble.

:p
    bendybadgerkiki180703snowhitiehkcrazy88TommyFchuckpAmanda1983SprinkleOtter
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,048
    In case the contents were unwrapped, I got my wife to open the box. Just as well - my secret santa has left their ID in case I wanted to know. I've asked my wife to hide it until after Christmas.

Looks like I've been a good boy this year - Santa appears to have been most generous. Definitely 1 poly - maybe 2, or a Mixel.

The box feels like a [email protected] shipping box, and the contents move around a lot. Nice to be kept guessing.

Thanks SS :-)

LostInTranslationkiki180703GothamConstructionCotheLEGOmansnowhitiekhmellymelhkcrazy88Lego_StarAmanda1983
    iso3200 said:

Well we all know who Santa's favourite reindeer is then ;).
    kiki180703SumoLego
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,242
    Mailed mine out first thing Saturday,  I do hope they like it!  Merry merry all :)
    kiki180703hkcrazy88Lego_Starsnowhitie
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Packaging a little worse for the wear, my Secret Santa arrived today!
    snowhitie
    Evidently a gamer, but not enough of a gamer to get the Boo the Hamster reference? Or maybe it wasn't as easy/funny to draw?
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687
    Evidently a gamer, but not enough of a gamer to get the Boo the Hamster reference? Or maybe it wasn't as easy/funny to draw?
    Never even thought about a gaming reference for that before... are we talking Minsk, here?  BTW I'm *not* his SS.
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 864
    Butt kicking for goodness!
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,312
    Boo is a Nintendo character (a ghost) which appears on the left of the picture above, but my username is taken from the character Boo (no kidding) from the webcomic Megatokyo, who was a hamster that worked for the Conscience Enforcement Authority.  He in turn, said artist & writer Fred Gallagher, was indeed an homage to the character 'Boo' from the game 'Baldur's Gate II'.

Irrespective of what inspired the artwork, I love it!!
    ShibGothamConstructionCoLego_StarAmanda1983
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,817
    edited December 2015
    ^ Larger hamster next time?  Or holding Mjolnir?

That would be a Mighty Hamster.  It would be worthy.
    kiki180703Amanda1983
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    The hamster on the box does not look worthy, he looks guilty for pooping out those bricks he left behind.  :)
    Shibkiki180703Bricklover18snowhitieAmanda1983
    Boo is a Nintendo character (a ghost) which appears on the left of the picture above, but my username is taken from the character Boo (no kidding) from the webcomic Megatokyo, who was a hamster that worked for the Conscience Enforcement Authority.  He in turn, said artist & writer Fred Gallagher, was indeed an homage to the character 'Boo' from the game 'Baldur's Gate II'.

Irrespective of what inspired the artwork, I love it!!
    Interesting - I've assumed all these years that it was a straight Baldur's Gate reference! Anyway, I meant no disrespect to the artwork! It's brilliant! :-)
    hkcrazy88
  • evantylerevantyler Central OhioMember Posts: 75
    I received two parcels from my Secret Santa (thank you!!), and it's so hard to wait to open them! I'm traveling for the holidays until the 27th, so I won't get to open them until I return, but I figure it will be a nice surprise after dealing with the craziness of family for five days straight! :-)
    snowhitieRomanticWarriorLostInTranslation
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 864
    My Secret Santa present arrived today. Was getting a bit worried :)
    snowhitieLostInTranslation
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,048
    Only a couple more days left for deliveries. Is anybody still waiting for theirs?
    iso3200 said:
    Only a couple more days left for deliveries. Is anybody still waiting for theirs?
    Me.
    kiki180703rancorbait
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Got mine today. I'm away for a few days so decided to open it. It was a very well presented Xmas MOC that will take pride of place on the fireplace. Extremely happy with it all.
    JennisnowhitieGothamConstructionCoiso3200SumoLegoRomanticWarriorLostInTranslationAmanda1983
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,045
    ^Pictures?
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,909
    iso3200 said:

Me but I got a note from CapnRex101 so I know what is going on.
    LostInTranslation
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,935
    iso3200 said:
    I am still waiting, nothing arrived at my mother in law nor here... She is leaving to come here the 24th so hope it gets the tomorrow or was sent here anyway...
  • hkcrazy88hkcrazy88 USA/ItalyMember Posts: 163
    iso3200 said:
    Yes, but my SS contacted me and explained the situation. :)
    LostInTranslation
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Fingers crossed for @theLEGOman and @snowhitie .  Hope you get yours in time for the big day
    snowhitieiso3200kiki180703GothamConstructionCoRomanticWarriorLostInTranslation
    In the words of Brian Blessed, It's ARRIVED, lol.

Thanks Secret Santa.

GothamConstructionCokiki180703LostInTranslationRomanticWarriorAmanda1983
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,935
    ^Great, mine too! Just got a message from my mother-in-law it got there and she's bringing it :) woooohoooo!

Is that everyone then except those who know it might be a new years parcel?
    GothamConstructionCokiki180703rancorbaitLostInTranslationtheLEGOmanSumoLegokhmellymelRomanticWarriorAmanda1983
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,283
    edited December 2015
    My parcel arrived a couple of days ago. Sufficed to say I am excited to crack them open on Christmas day!

Please let me know if you have not yet received your parcel unless you have already been notified that your gift may not arrive until after Christmas. Fingers crossed for another year with a 100% success rate :)
    LostInTranslationkiki180703khmellymelGothamConstructionCoRomanticWarriorsnowhitierancorbaithkcrazy88Amanda1983
  • ravendragonwingravendragonwing Member Posts: 149
    Got mine, thanks!!!

LostInTranslationkiki180703evantylerGothamConstructionCosnowhitierancorbait
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 741
    I'm now building my SW Rebels battle pack which is part one of my SS gift and part two is coming from Firestar toys. 
    So a double whammy for me this Christmas :o)

Many thanks to my secret Santa and merry Christmas.

Nick.
    Lego_Starkiki180703hkcrazy88snowhitieDanGPAmanda1983
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,294
    @BooTheMightyHamster - if you search hamster on the brickset parts list it comes up, looks like it was from a set rather than an event one.
    hkcrazy88SumoLego