Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Star Wars Lego Boxes

Is anyone interested in selling their Lego Star Wars boxes only?  This may be of interest to a collector who does not intend to sell the sets.  My son had kept all of the boxes and instructions but several were crushed in an unfortunate accident.  We are looking to replace them not because we intend to sell or trade but because he truly enjoyed them.  Is this an unusual request?  Is there anyone who can share a possible source?

Comments

• hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 317

bricklink.com would be a good source.  If you type in the set number in the search box and go to the set page, there is an entry for the set, the box, and the instructions near the top of the page on the right side.  Click on the box entry and you can see who is selling just the box.  I would think shipping would be expensive, depending on the size of the box.  Here is an example link:

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?O=9493-1#T=S&O={"ii":1}

• jesirosejesirose McKinney, TXMember Posts: 52
    Those boxes can be taken apart and folded flat to ship, so I think it wouldn't actually be that bad. They'd be super light. So just put in a priority flat rate probably.
  • tkatzlego1tkatzlego1 USMember Posts: 2
    Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge of the bricklink.com source and for your ideas about shipping.  I will provide an update after I try it out! 
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 937
    It all depends on the size of the LEGO box vs the size of the shipment box. I have a huge stack of boxes that I have no use for and was just going to recycle them. Some of them may be of value on bricklink, but I wouldn't want to hassle with shipping a box. Yes, they'd be lightweight maybe, but still seems silly to box up a box to ship elsewhere.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    How old are the sets?

Almost all of the newer sets have boxes that can be flattened.
    The older sets have glued box ends (you have to poke a finger into the box and "tear" it open) and need to be carefully separated before flattening.
    jesirose
  • The_Sly_FoxThe_Sly_Fox Member Posts: 42
    I have hundreds of Lego Star Wars boxes in the loft. Which ones are you after? 
  • TCSBGDADYTCSBGDADY Pittsburgh,PAMember Posts: 7
    I have hundreds of Lego Star Wars boxes in the loft. Which ones are you after? 
    Hey Sly Fox...I am looking for a couple....10174 and 10134.  Any help on these two?