Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The "brag" thread: Post your recent great finds!

Comments

• legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Okay, I told hubby that I would not spend any money on LEGO over the holidays. So I rummaged through the car looking for all those gift cards accumulated this year. Came up with a nice stash and added a few that were in my purse and NEEDED SPENDING!

I was very good during November buying no bricks over Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Pink Tuesday, Green Wednesday, etc. Missing the gingerbread house, triple points, blah, blah, blah... 

So I walked into TRU today looking for something and ended up with a $60. Friends 41068 Arendelle Castle Celebration, a very cool looking set even though I am not a Disney fan. (And telling myself that my one year old granddaughter will love this set in just a few years!)

Then came the creative part because I walked out of the store after paying 56 cents by  using my TRU credit card, a 15 per cent off coupon, two $20. TRU rewards, the 10 per cent off credit card deal on Thursdays, a $10. TRU bucks coupon... SO does paying 56 cents mean I spent money on LEGO.....Hummmm....

I then tried doing the same to pick up the new minifig cube at Target, but alas my gift cards were useless because they don't have the cube yet. Aargh! That still leaves Wal-Mart and LEGO Store gift cards.....shhhhhhh!
    kiki180703davetheoxygenmanchuckpLegoboyaimlesspursuitsToc13snowhitiejason1976
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,266
    sometimes it sounds like there are UCS sets in any random bulk you buy oO
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 321
    I found a Lego movie sea cow at target last night priced at $210. 198+ tax after 5% with the red card. Not sure if worth buying it. Looks like an in store return from an on line purchase. 
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    Fauch said:
    sometimes it sounds like there are UCS sets in any random bulk you buy oO
    That's odd, it's the only post this member has made. 
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,266
    it's probably because it's the brag thread, so there must be several similar messages.
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    I picked my self up 7244 for £10 off gumtree
  • BrickCreatorBrickCreator Cheesehead, Born and BredMember Posts: 137
    Most of you probably won't believe this, and to be honest, I am still on edge. However, last night I randomly checked Brickset like a do a hundred times a day to see if there was any recent news. The first item was an amazon discount alert box. I usually don't pay any attention to these because they mainly contain everyone's favorite Chima packs (yay...) On this occasion, 42009 Technic Crane was listed for $144.xx off the normal $219.99. I know this set has be on sale for $178.xx for a while, plus, my brother already has one, but I figured, what the heck? So I clicked on the link with no intentions of buying, but that soon changed. 

On Amazon, the price had gone back up to $178.xx (surprise), but I noticed it said buy new from $10.49. Well that's odd, I thought. So I clicked on it and sure enough! A vendor was selling through for a price of only $10.49. No way! So, I went to put a few in my cart, and surprise, before I check out the item goes out of stock. That's when I had a brain-spark. I noticed the vendor was yoyo.com! So, I quickly jumped over to their site and, yep, it was selling for $10.49! 

http://www.yoyo.com/p/lego-technic-mobile-crane-mk-ii-42009-1177676

Has to be a mistake, I thought, but hey, what have I got to loose? I had never purchased from yoyo.com before, but I thought I'd would give it a shot. I know other people have been successful, so why couldn't I? It is an amazon company, and I paid with paypal, so I had all my bases covered! I quickly put the max number I could purchase (10) in my cart and went through the checkout process. It couldn't have been smoother and the order went through. I was going to place another order, but didn't want to press my luck and have both orders canceled since the HOUSEHOLD limit was 10. I spent the next hour crossing my fingers and hoping the order wouldn't get canceled. Within an hour of placing the order, three tracking numbers showed up and it said the packages were shipping soon! Good sign! However, I knew I wasn't in the clear until the packages showed up on UPS tracking. Just this afternoon, I got confirmation they reached a sorting facility! YES!!!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed they make it here! I think I'll have to bake the UPS man some cookies for this order. According to UPS, it is 3 packages totaling over 180 pounds! 

Now, all I have to do is wait! I'll update you when they arrive. It should be sometime next week. So, in conclusion, I just purchased $2,199.00 worth or TECHNIC LEGO for $104.90 AND FREE SHIPPING! I am on cloud nine right now and couldn't he happier. Please let this be real life and not a dream. 
    kiki180703SirBenjason1976khmellymelBrickDancerchuckpricecakecatwranglerMorkMan
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    WOW - That's quite a lot of cranes you could start a crane hire company anytime soon 
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 949
    ^^Obviously a pricing error.
  • BrickCreatorBrickCreator Cheesehead, Born and BredMember Posts: 137
    Most likely, but to my advantage. Paypal confirms I was only charged $110.67 ($104.90 + tax)
    catwrangler
    Nice steal.
    At that price you defiantly need to build one.
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 418
    This afternoon I actually fell fanny-first into the same deal as BrickCreator.  I'm amazed and astounded, and so happy to hear that your orders shipped.

I spoke with an old friend who works for the company afterward and he said the order was legit, that there was no mistake, and that in times of high volume sales the company will clear out slow sellers located in key places to make room.

Here's hoping my four actually arrive!
    kiki180703MorkMan
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,442
    3920: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and
    3843: Ramses Pyramid
     for $5.00US each yesterday at a local thrift store.

Second_Nature
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    ^I read unexpected gathering and was like $5? Holy cow. Still a good deal though, just not as good as first glance. 
    andhe
    That IS a find and is so cool! Makes it a collector's item.
    Thanks for your service overseas, especially over the holidays. May your return safely home soon, like our son did after two Middle Eastern deployments. 
    Legoboykiki180703chuckp
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    ^^ i would try to get more signatures on it
    kiki180703
  • ajm390ajm390 Nelsons own CountyMember Posts: 38
    In a local antiques emporium, I came across a basket full of what was tagged as vintage Lego. Got it home and found a pile of bricks, wheels, doors and windows from the early 60s. Managed to build the 1962 Town plan garage out of it and have a lot of transparent bricks and some rather old curved plates that fit in with the Town plan idea. They also threw in copies of the Lego ideas books nos 2 and 3 (original price 6 old pence & 1 shilling!) as well as catalogues for 1981 & 1987. 
    kiki180703catwrangler
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    I think i have a good one. I won this lot off of ebay a couple days ago but am waiting for it to ship. Price tag? 16 bucks w/ free shipping!

I have been wanting a real boat hull for ages and that hull on BL costs about as much as the lot does! And according to someone on facebook, that blue and white building thing comes from a Watto's junkyard.
    kiki180703
  • hkcrazy88hkcrazy88 USA/ItalyMember Posts: 163
    @legogal Thank you so much! And please tell your son thank you for his service for me! @dragon114 We definitely plan on getting more signatures on it, hoping to go to SDCC within the next few years and can hopefully grab some signatures there!
    kiki180703
  • RebelegoRebelego Georgia, USAMember Posts: 171
    9.8 lbs of Bionicle/Hero Factory. $16. I have no clue what to do with this, though.
    kiki180703SalamalexOmastar
    This looks like what they build wild trees, sculptures and hanging from the ceiling balls out of in the various Billund offices. They take whatever weird stuff they can find and put it together into something even weirder. Which I just love to look at. Bionicle has so many truly weird parts that it is perfect for creating a very WILD CHRISTMAS TREE, hint hint hint!!! The more pieces, the merrier!
    catwrangler
    @hkcrazy88 Thanks! Hope you make it to SDCC soon. That has to be a killer event not to mention the exclusive LEGO. Be Safe!
    hkcrazy88
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 353
    One of the stores nearby have a sale on Creator Exclusives only of 30 % (actually, they are 20 % off, + sale code of another 10% from that..
    I bought 4 modulars....I wonder if I should buy more as investment or not.
    Also UCS X-Wing, Tower bridge, Sydney Opera, Slave I, FairGround Mixer have the same 30% off.
    kiki180703
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    @Rebelego : Build one giant ass Bionicle figure!
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    ^Or get sorting!
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,027
    arathemis said:
    One of the stores nearby have a sale on Creator Exclusives only of 30 % (actually, they are 20 % off, + sale code of another 10% from that..
    I bought 4 modulars....I wonder if I should buy more as investment or not.
    Also UCS X-Wing, Tower bridge, Sydney Opera, Slave I, FairGround Mixer have the same 30% off.
    OMG! Here in North America, we never get sales on exclusives :( And yes, I think you should buy more as investment. :)
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,251
    ^I definitely thought you were going to receive a much smaller, different set in the mail from yoyo due to a website error. Nice to see you received what you ordered. 

Very jealous and I wish someone had posted about the deal... but no use crying over spilled milk. Excellent find and congratulations on the LEGO deal of a lifetime :)
    SirBenjoel4motionkiki180703
    Helping out a fe
    edited December 2015
    AllBrick said:
    Helping out a fe
    I waited with bated breath to find out what this was going to be but the edit time is now up and nothing.. Helping out a fellow bricksetter? Helping out a festive reindeer? Helping out a few weeks ago at my local store?
    Don't do this to us!
    AllBrickBumblepantskiki180703BrickDancerJern92SumoLegosnowhitieOmastarMorkMan
    Sorry, pics on this page made my device go stupid. 

As I was saying, how about helping out a fellow bricksetter with one of those at cost plus P&P? You know, for Christmas, a time for sharing ones wealth ;).

Found a Chima set #70134 in TRU. Box was a little bashed, took it to the till, £24.97. SOLD!
    VorpalRyukiki180703
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    My 10 TECHNIC 42009 cranes finally arrived from Yoyo.com. You can see above in a previous post that I only paid $10.49 each!!!

I also shot a video detailing the unboxing along with some other items. https://youtu.be/Lr0wOj9RMIw As of right now it is still uploading...

Could you at least have not turned all the boxes round the same way for the photo?
    iamterryYodaliciousFollowsCloselyoldtodd33Omastarkmc
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,027
    AllBrick said:
    Sorry, pics on this page made my device go stupid. 

As I was saying, how about helping out a fellow bricksetter with one of those at cost plus P&P? You know, for Christmas, a time for sharing ones wealth ;).

Found a Chima set #70134 in TRU. Box was a little bashed, took it to the till, £24.97. SOLD!
    Yes, @BrickCreator it would be really cool if you did that! You don't have to do it but it would be really nice.
    AllBrick
  • NorlegoNorlego ScotlandMember Posts: 444
    Bought a job lot of vintage 80s/90s sets. Around 150 in total. Includes trains, castles and ships. A good mix of sets.
    Oddly a guy had wanted to buy the lot, but wanted to know the total kg before making an offer. Luckily for me as the sets where in 30 odd boxes. Took a long time to weigh and the seller gave up half way though.
    I have built a few of the sets and they are mostly complete.
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 418
    I got completely screwed by yoyo on my 42009 cranes.  Two hours with customer service last night to basically be told that it's out of stock and it's Amazons fault for lisring it on their site, (but AMZ is not responsible for honoring the order from their own inventory.)

Oh well, too good to be true, (for me at least) and yoyo will get another one star review to add ro their collection.  :-)

Meanwhile I love living vicariously through the pictures!  Thanks for posting!
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    My 10 TECHNIC 42009 cranes finally arrived from Yoyo.com. You can see above in a previous post that I only paid $10.49 each!!!

I also shot a video detailing the unboxing along with some other items. https://youtu.be/Lr0wOj9RMIw As of right now it is still uploading...
    You've got my vote for the deal of the year! I'm super jealous, can't wait to see photo's of your super crane! 8 sets should be enough to double the length height and width ;)
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534

You've got my vote for the deal of the year! I'm super jealous, can't wait to see photo's of your super crane! 8 sets should be enough to double the length height and width ;)
    8 should be enough to sit on and ride it.
    That would be a great way to get to the store. You can ride it there, then carry it inside.
  • 3stackshs3stackshs Member Posts: 290
    no advent calendars all the way up until today available at the Base Exchange here.  Suddenly they get them in today (11 days into December) and they are $14.54
    Never really had anything to post here before but picked up a crate of random old lego for £15. Here is what I have built so far. Still plenty to go as you can see from the second picture. UK fans of classic space keep your eyes open as I don't collect it so these might need a new home!

khmellymelYodaliciousJudgeChuckkiki180703VorpalRyubandit778jason1976snowhitiecatwrangler
    edited December 2015
    ^figured I would update as a few people showed an interest... Still going but 4 complete classic spaceships. A couple of bases but no Base plates and a handful of other small stuff still to put together. 
    Also in there is some trains stuff including magnetic coupling (hardly any track of though), some counterweight bricks so I am assuming a crane of some type. And the majority of an incomplete lion Knights castle (no raised baseplate sadly).
    Minifgures have taken a hammering as you can see from the lack of space guys but otherwise not too bad condition wise for 30+ year old lego. Well chuffed.

catwrangler
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,775
    Legoboy said:

Could you at least have not turned all the boxes round the same way for the photo?
    No Yahtzee on the packaging.
    kiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,775

MattsWhat said:
    AllBrick said:
    Helping out a fe
    I waited with bated breath to find out what this was going to be but the edit time is now up and nothing.. Helping out a fellow bricksetter? Helping out a festive reindeer? Helping out a few weeks ago at my local store?
    Don't do this to us!
    Helping out fester, uncle find new holiday lightbulbs?
    kiki180703
  • ditchoramaditchorama EarthMember Posts: 23
    I scored 26 Kilos of lego a few weeks ago for $100 AUD...very happy with it, loads of castle and pirates - all up over 150 Minifigs...
    hkcrazy88kiki180703
  • ditchoramaditchorama EarthMember Posts: 23
    I scored 26 Kilos of lego a few weeks ago for $100 AUD...very happy with it, loads of castle and pirates - all up over 150 Minifigs...
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 385
    Every time I see kilos I think drugs. Which I guess is still correct in this case. 
    kiki180703OldfanpharmjodbobabricksBrickDancerToc13