Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2015 Brickset Secret Santa

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,461
    SumoLego said:
    ^  If in doubt - Galidor.
    Unless I'm your Secret Santa, in that case - keep that crap to yourself!
    Lego_StarSprinkleOtter
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,053
    I think that's all my bits in now. Just got to make it look presentable as gift. Very much enjoying this.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Finally updated my wanted list :)
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,941
    Right...bits ordered. I tried to use Bricklink for the first time and it just gave random stupid errors with no explanation while trying to check out. Stuff that for a game of soldiers...I just ended up using my usual sources (I'm giving nothing away!).

Only thing is, I had a panic moment and couldn't remember if I'd sent them to my uni address or my home address - there should be time either way, but it'll be tighter if it was to home...
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324

Oh goody goody goody! Sending mine off next week as I have some logistics to finalise atm.
    LegoPegasister2015snowhitie
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,521
    Mine may have been sent off recently.
    snowhitie
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    rdflego said:

Oh goody goody goody! Sending mine off next week as I have some logistics to finalise atm.
    I should clarify and say thank you to whomever sent this to me.
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    My gift arrived!  It's gift-wrapped and waiting under my tree for Christmas.  The size of the box looks like Santa was generous.  So, many thanks SS! 
    LegoPegasister2015kiki180703snowhitie
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Mailed my Secret Santa today! Hope they like it:)
    Lego_Starkiki180703snowhitie
  • LegoPegasister2015LegoPegasister2015 New YorkMember Posts: 139
    Look at those cute wittle polybags under the tree <3

Either my Santa made something special, got me one of the polybags I wanted, something bigger is coming, or he/she conned me :p. Whichever it was, thank you.
    kiki180703rancorbaitSprinkleOtter
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,139
    My order from [email protected] finally shipped.  Which means I'll have the stash soon and will immediately send off.  I can't wait!
    snowhitieMordoor
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    jadedanc said:
    Mailed my Secret Santa today! Hope they like it:)
    I did as well :)

snowhitie
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,964
    Not saying when mine was or will be posted - all these tiny clues might add up to ruin the secrecy! :)
    TheBrickLaddsnowhitiekiki180703Renegade007cjhbrickedinchuckphkcrazy88khmellymel
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,033
    ^    I was thinking the same thing, although it is fun to see how everybody is getting on.

I may or may not have received all the bits I want to get my gift together... I may or may not have sent it off by now .
    kiki180703rancorbait
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 906
    Was having some problems getting ideas for mine but suddenly realised I have the solution in my collection! Still got things to sort but feeling much happier now.
  • BEEKUZZBEEKUZZ California, United StatesMember Posts: 127
    Semi original item made, contents wrapped and package has postage.  Secret Santa Going out tomorrow and really really hope they like it.
    Yeah, do we reveal who we are in the present or something? Because I've been in some where you're supposed to and some where it's supposed to be anonymous.

Even last year, for example, I revealed who I was on a note with the present, but my gifter never revealed who they were.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,358
    @plasmodium - it think it's a bit more informal here, last year I asked the person who sent me a gift to reveal themselves but wasn't asked by the person I sent a gift to so I kept shtum.
    We all know what secret means, right? :)
    Bumblepantskiki180703SumoLego
    Shib said:
    @plasmodium - it think it's a bit more informal here, last year I asked the person who sent me a gift to reveal themselves but wasn't asked by the person I sent a gift to so I kept shtum.
    Fair enough - if I don't reveal who I am, then that leaves them free to ask if they're curious or not if they're not.

paul_merton said:
    Well, theoretically, but according to post-structuralist thought, we all assign differing meanings to words...or perhaps now that I'm done with essays I should just say that by 'secret' you might mean 'always completely secret forever', whereas I might mean 'secret until the gift is opened' - the nature of the giftee just as the nature of the gift...hence why I asked. :-)
    kiki180703JenniAmanda1983
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,992
    I have been sick so my gift will be going out tomorrow.
  • LegoPegasister2015LegoPegasister2015 New YorkMember Posts: 139
    Well, it's no secret that the best thing about secrets is secretly telling someone your secret, thereby secretly adding another secret to your secret collection of secrets! Secretly.
    Renegade007cjhSalamalexAmanda1983
  • doodlebirddoodlebird Austin. Texas. Member Posts: 88
    got mine today! wow. what a haul. my santa nailed it. didn't mean to "open" the presents, but they weren't wrapped - just opened the package. my bad! i wouldn't mind if he or she owned up to the gift so i can publicly acknowledge the generosity. THANK YOU!

anyone who knows me personally knows that i am a HORRIBLE secret keeper. add that to the nature of the gift that i've made, and the recipient of mine will know who i am IRL, but not perhaps my screen name here.

based on the value of what i've received i feel that i should up the ante on what i'm sending out as well. seems only fair.
    kiki180703khmellymelRenegade007cjhLostInTranslation
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,053
    edited December 2015
    ^Share the love and post some pics :-)
    paul_mertonkhmellymelRenegade007cjhLostInTranslationLego_Star
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,278
    Just wanted to mention that I've received my Secret Santa gift - it was really nice of the person to put "Brickset" on the box because I'm getting a lot of parcels at the moment!  Have not opened the box in case it's not wrapped :)

Mine is going to be posted next week, as close to Christmas as I could manage!  
    LostInTranslationkiki180703
    Mine will be sent tomorrow.  Cannot wait for my bricksetter to get it - I think they will like this.
    Mordoor
    Received mine earlier - didn't realise it was a secret santa parcel until opening it, but thankfully everything else inside is wrapped :)

Thanks, whoever sent it... Looking forward to the big day already :)
    kiki180703snowhitieShibFowlerBricks
    Nothing here yet :'(.

I did get a different Secret Santa gift from somewhere else however. The excellent #70173.
    kiki180703snowhitieSalamalex
  • Prin12sPrin12s OklahomaMember Posts: 47
    I got my present and I too opened it not realizing what it was.  It wasn't wrapped so I got my present early!  LOVE it!!  I do know their IRL name since it's listed on the package, but not their user name. 
    I ordered my gift forever ago and I'm still waiting.  It'll be a close call to get it in the mail on time.  Someone might get their secret Santa a day late... 

edited December 2015
    iso3200 said:
    ^Share the love and post some pics :-)
    i don't know that a photo is needed,
    you all know what sealed boxed sets look like. :)
    but picture this: FOUR NEW SETS! 
    and they are as follows:

city is my fave theme....
    http://brickset.com/sets/60084-1/Racing-Bike-Transporter
    http://brickset.com/sets/60090-1/Deep-Sea-Scuba-Scooter
    http://brickset.com/sets/60091-1/Deep-Sea-Starter-Set

and the holiday season appropriately OOP...
    http://brickset.com/sets/40093-1/Snowman

whooop!! 
    this package made my week.

sadly, my recipient didn't make his/her wanted (or owned by) list public, so i can't check to see if the set i'm sending will be a duplicate. but i think it's one that no one would mind having an extra. and the rest of the gift/packing material is handmade by me, so i'm pretty sure that won't be a repeat. :)

based on my post above, my secret santa revealed their identity to me. but in the interest of the whole secret thing, i'll keep that info to myself. you know who you are! you rock!
    rancorbaitsnowhitieandhe
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 317
    The stress of wondering if your gift is enough is almost unbearable..
    Renegade007cjhkiki180703doodlebirdrancorbaitTheOneVeyroniansnowhitieDanGPhkcrazy88
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 992
    I've received mine but my wife stole it immediately so I couldn't feel it up! I've also sent my Secret Santa present to the recipient. Merry Christmas 
    Renegade007cjhkiki180703
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687
    So, my Secret Santa box arrived today.  Much to my amazement / delight, it contains FOUR presents!  Wow!  I've had a sneaky rattle and some of the boxes sound like they have more bricks than I'd normally expect for sets that size, so it'll be interesting to see what they are!  As requested by my BSS, please see attached photo:

I have to admit, I'm really excited about opening them - it's the first time since I was a kid that I'll be receiving LEGO that I *don't* know what it is!!  I'll be sure to pop some photos on here when they have been unwrapped!  So, a really BIG thank you to my Secret Santa; the presents are very much appreciated.
    snowhitiekhmellymelkiki180703TheOneVeyronianSumoLegotecjamhkcrazy88Amanda1983
    Maybe its 4 different sets from clone brands.

:hehe:
    kiki180703SumoLegoandhe
    my gift has been sent. i must say that i put more thought into this than i did my own family! :) they make it easy and just TELL me what they want. i hope it will be well received. thanks to all for sharing the photos - lets us all share in your excitement. 
    Renegade007cjhkhmellymelkiki180703Amanda1983
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,362
    It's so nice seeing everybody receiving their boxes full of goodies! I'm just hoping that my secret santa doesn't send my gift really close to the last posting dates, because I don't know if I'm going to be in to receive the parcel on the last posting day before Christmas. And I can't think of anything worse than missing a parcel full of plastic bricks being delivered on the 24th... oh the horror! :oP

Also @rancorbait - could you please answer the PM regarding SS that I sent you the other day? If you don't mind of course ;o)
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687

Now that's just mean :(
    rancorbait
    Have you been a good boy this year? Because Santa knows.
    khmellymelkiki180703
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Got my secret Santa today and will be posting mine out on Monday when I have done the wrapping. Mine came in an Amazon box but haven't opened it yet as I am not sure if the presents inside are wrapped or not. 
    kiki180703
    Whilst its secret santa, you kind of want your recipient to open it now, so they don't buy or swap stuff before christmas and end up with the same things twice.
    kiki180703
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,358
    Apparently my secret santa was at Brick 2015 today...whoever it was somehow achieved a sneaky handover while I wasn't looking.
    kiki180703LostInTranslationSalamalexhkcrazy88
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,033
    ^oh no, you should wait till Christmas surely! (Well the 24th since I'm on the continent that's when we open our presents.

Like @Renegade007cjh I am also curious because this is going to be the only present under our tree that I did not buy or wrap myself... Unless my husband has some extra gifts... Maybe I should post that going in the public part of the forum since he is a bit of a lurker on there....

I am even buying a present for my great-aunt from my mother-in-law and a present from my  mother in law to my great aunt....  (They can't get around very well and the interweb is a mystery. Also, they have no clue what the other person likes. Luckily, I enjoy (online) shopping and I did start buying Christmas presents in October...
    kiki180703Amanda1983
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    My gift has been sent out (finally!)  Hope my Secret Santee enjoys!
    kiki180703
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Recieved my secret Santa gift today, I can't wait to open it!  Slowly counting the days down until Christmas
    snowhitiekiki180703
    Aargh! Part of it still hasn't shown up - I'm going to have to cut my losses and send it partially if it's to arrive before Christmas. I promise I'll send on the other part when it arrives!
    snowhitiekiki180703
    Received mine last night,  just wanted to let my secret Santa know.  I can't wait to open it!

snowhitiekiki180703Mordoor
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    I have received mine safely, thank you Santa! Slight issue in sending mine out, as the order I put in with [email protected] has arrived with some of it missing... Time to improvise!
    snowhitiekiki180703

Could be some Galidor...
    kiki180703
    SumoLego said:

Could be some Galidor...
    You seem to bring up Galidor a lot. If anyone is wondering what @SumoLego wants for his Secret Santa...
    kiki180703RomanticWarriorSprinkleOtter
    edited December 2015
    @plasmodium - I possess a set of Galidor figures, thank you.  I don't have the vehicles... but that would violate the $20.00 parameter.

Don't nobody get any ideas!

Please stick to my 'want' list of an Eiffel Tower, or Grand Carousel.  Also looking for the Creator VW Beetle...
    kiki180703Bricklover18Salamalexhkcrazy88