Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Taj Mahal 10189 lit with custom base just listed on craigslist Raleigh, NC, US

legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
Hi! It is time for a new owner. Just listed this for local sale (within three hours of Raleigh if possible) for $1200. It is direct wired to a switch on our wall and looks fabulous on our circular stairwell. The custom wooden base and lighting inside and out really set this off! You will need a place out of direct light. Original set with original manuals but no box. Here is the link: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tag/5346774830.html
thedingman5kiki180703Bricklover18chuckp

Comments

• Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    If only I lived further south...
    kiki180703
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,834
    I can't believe how small it looks in that huge stairwell.  :)
    kiki180703
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 512
    Oooh, lovely! But I really have no place to put it...wish I dared anyway. (I won't.)
    kiki180703
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    It is a huge circular stairwell, and we had some nice, large LEGO there as well. We hope to put a piece of sculpture we have in storage in that space. 

If it does not sell locally, we may be willing to deliver it as far north as NJ if we drive up that way for the holidays. I am praying that someone around here needs the Taj for Christmas!
    kiki180703
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,055
    I'd love to buy your Taj Mahal but I'm too far north and I'm already bricklinking it. Good luck in selling this wonderful display piece!
    Congratulations on bricklinking the Taj! What a wonderful model to build from scratch. You are gonna love it, love it, and love it some more. One of TLG's best designs. 
    kiki180703
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,055
    ^ Thanks! Right now, I've done 2 parts of the base and some parts are coming so I can finish the base.
    legogal
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    It's good you sold it to someone local, hopefully they will enjoy it as much as your family did.
    Exactly! It went to a young scientist who is Just starting his collection; we are thrilled that the story has a happy ending. While we were waiting at a local restaurant for him to arrive, a Smart Car pulled in, and a VERY tall young man climbed out of it. I looked at Hubby and said, I am so glad that our buyer is not driving that little car. And then realized that he was our buyer. Not sure how he managed to get in the car much less close the door. His "little car" had about a six inch deep trunk, which definitely could not hold a 24 by 24 by 24 inch box containing our Baby Taj. So we followed him home and delivered it inside his door. And then laughed all the way home!

We have found several new AFOL's in the area just starting their adult collections, and it is fun working with them to figure out how they can build a city of modulars, creator homes, architecture sets, and a other themes. It is easy to share info with them about bricklinking parts after a thousand or so transactions on my part. The other thing we learned this week is how effective craigslist can be if you want to sell locally at realistic prices. 
    samiam391Bricklover18kiki180703Legoboykhmellymel