Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Anybody know if Jurassic World sets will be restocked/reprinted?

The Lego Shop website shows all the Jurassic World sets as "Temporarily out of stock" and says to check back in February.  Does this mean they are going to be reprinted/restocked at some point?  Otherwise they would have said Sold Out, right?  Has there been any official word?  Thanks!

Comments

• crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    I would say they had an issue with something and will be restocking them then.  My guess is that they were being produced in China.  After seeing all the counterfit minifigs and now dinosaurs they are moving production elsewhere.   I was lucky and got all but the indominus set early.  Happened to find that set last week at my local Lego store!!!   They had 4 left!  Just look at what pops up on amazon though.  I must admit I did order the 4th item down and they are perfect clones of Lego.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=lego+dinosaurs
  • GreendudeGreendude Member Posts: 58
    Looks like they'll be restocked but 75920 Raptor Escape is a retired product.

Very quick to retire imo, wonder why.
    edited November 2015
    Raptor escape was supposed to be a Lego exclusive but was accidentally shipped to all stores.  It was the first set I saw in all stores.  However Lego [email protected] listed it as an exclusive.  It is also marked currently as Temporarily out of stock right now.  I also just noticed they took Jurassic World off of the "Themes" page on [email protected] so they may scrap the whole line.....
    77ncaachamps
  • LandocalrissianLandocalrissian Member Posts: 4
    Greendude said:
    Looks like they'll be restocked but 75920 Raptor Escape is a retired product.

Very quick to retire imo, wonder why.
    Are you sure about that?  The Lego Shop doesn't say anything about being retired, just check back in February like the others.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Raptor-Escape-75920

I hope it will be reprinted, that is the one I am most interested in.

• mgjvegasmgjvegas Member Posts: 11
    In Europe 75920 is listed as a Retired Product but if you change regions to the US it says check back in February. Not sure what will happen
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    crazycarl said:
    Raptor escape was supposed to be a Lego exclusive but was accidentally shipped to all stores.  It was the first set I saw in all stores.  However Lego [email protected] listed it as an exclusive.  It is also marked currently as Temporarily out of stock right now.  I also just noticed they took Jurassic World off of the "Themes" page on [email protected] so they may scrap the whole line.....

What do you mean by "all stores?" I only ever saw it in Walmart. And it was a Walmart exclusive. I've never seen it at Target, TRU, Barnes & Noble, etc. At least not in my area.

Also, within the last two weeks, this set has resurfaced at a number of Walmarts. Each one I've been to in my area has several of them.

madforLEGO
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    I thought #75920 was a Wal Mart Exclusive in the US.
    gmonkey76kiki180703BumblepantsmadforLEGO
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^Exactly why I was asking. I've never seen it anywhere else. Part of the reason it's price skyrocketed when it was first unavailable. Now, in my area, every Walmart seems to have 5-8 again.
    edited November 2015
    I could have swore I saw it at target also.  Hey wagnerml2 it appears as though you live right down the street from me. Maybe even in the same neighborhood.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,771
    crazycarl said:
    I would say they had an issue with something and will be restocking them then.  My guess is that they were being produced in China.  After seeing all the counterfit minifigs and now dinosaurs they are moving production elsewhere.   I was lucky and got all but the indominus set early.  Happened to find that set last week at my local Lego store!!!   They had 4 left!  Just look at what pops up on amazon though.  I must admit I did order the 4th item down and they are perfect clones of Lego.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=lego+dinosaurs
    Is there evidence that they are moving production from China? Given their investment there, I doubt it.
  • GreendudeGreendude Member Posts: 58
    Why would they retire a theme that is always out of stock?  Doesn't that suggest it's popular?
    SumoLego
    No, no evidence.  Cops would call it a hunch.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    Why would it make any difference whether they were being produced in China?

If something is being copied, there are three possibilities: the copies are made from a sample of the original; the copies are made from the original mould; the copies are made from a duplicate of the original mould.

The most likely is that copies will be made from a sample of the original. This could happen anywhere in the world and regardless of where those sets are produced.

For copies to be made from the original moulds in any factory, they would all have to be stolen. That's not going to happen, at least, not on any significant scale.

As TLG's most valuable asset, the moulds are all likely to be made in one place and it won't be in China.

Why is China to blame for everything?
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    edited December 2015
    Because of a mixture of our own cultures' biases and Sinophobic attitudes, China's own lax governmental attitudes towards IP rights, and maybe a dash of the idea that their internet is heavily censored and few common people from within its borders will fight back on this or other message boards?

That said... reeeeeeeeally wanted to get a hold of the IRex set for shits and giggles, so I hope they do come back. Love me some dinosaurs.

crazycarl
  • KralaskanKralaskan Member Posts: 208
    We saw very few I Rex sets here.   They seemed to not be selling then one day poof gone.  We got some T. rex, raptor escape, dilophosaurus ambush and pteranodon capture sets about he time they were vanishing.   Still missing raptor rampage and I Rex.   All stores had the original stocking and never got any more.  
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 796
    My local lego store had like 8 Indominus sets. Hopefully there will be a good deal when they restock the t Rex.
  • nychromastonenychromastone The Empire StateMember Posts: 163
    edited December 2015

JW sets are still available at both the Rockefeller Center and Flatiron Lego Store. if a set is sold out at one then most times it is available at the other. i picked up Raptor Rampage and Raptor Escape recently.
    I'm out west.   We are screwed 
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    edited December 2015
    Just got back from a Lego store (Valley Fair). Only two sets in the shelf that I saw: pteradon and Indominus. The others were nowhere to be seen.
    Grab the I Rex.  I have multiple other sets for trade.  
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,221
    Plenty of stock in Victor, NY.

Lego produces sets (except the CMFs) regionally.  The production units in China generally stay in the Pan-Pacific market.  Similarly, production in Mexico serves the North American market.

There is beyond no chance that any production is being moved from China.  As has been discussed at length in other forum topics, the counterfeit 'problem' is beans compared to the production and shipping savings for Lego.

#75920 is a Wal-Mart exclusive.  Definitely not available at Target or other retailers.  But as with all regular set exclusives, it is also available at the Lego Retail Stores.  

Similar to the last three Ultra Agents sets, it sounds like the sales figures don't/won't support a second run of the set in Europe.
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,525
    Still got some for sale here.
    kiki180703
  • BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    TigerMoth said:
    Why would it make any difference whether they were being produced in China?

If something is being copied, there are three possibilities: the copies are made from a sample of the original; the copies are made from the original mould; the copies are made from a duplicate of the original mould.

The most likely is that copies will be made from a sample of the original. This could happen anywhere in the world and regardless of where those sets are produced.

For copies to be made from the original moulds in any factory, they would all have to be stolen. That's not going to happen, at least, not on any significant scale.

As TLG's most valuable asset, the moulds are all likely to be made in one place and it won't be in China.

Why is China to blame for everything?
    Because the Chinese copy everything, have done for years.
    Billybrown said:

Whether or not that's true, the question had nothing to do with copying. Or China. Until somebody introduced them both a the same time.
  • datkiddedatkidde Member Posts: 108
    Southern Cal here. Been trying to find my son a Raptor Escape for Christmas to go with his Raptor Rampage. He's been asking for one since the movie release. Can't find it. Even checked Legoland yesterday.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    @datkidde I have one for you if don't mind a Walmart store pickup sticker on the side.  It will be at cost plus shipping from Northern Cal.
    mampepinBrickDancer1265BuriedinBrickskiki180703
  • SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 141
    True until very recently. In the past, the majority of patents being taken out was dominated by countries in the west, like the US and parts of Europe. In the last five years, the trend has switched, seeing the likes of China taking out the most patents for new innovation and technology. It's predicted that with the rise of their economy, China will be innovating and creating like Japan did in the 80's.

But in terms of Lego, I agree. I live in Hong Kong, and this place is completely saturated with boot-leg Lego.
  • datkiddedatkidde Member Posts: 108
    jadeirene said:
    @datkidde I have one for you if don't mind a Walmart store pickup sticker on the side.  It will be at cost plus shipping from Northern Cal.
    I would absolutely buy it from you. Please let me know. As a gesture of my appreciation I'd like to send you something in return. Free of course.
    SparkyHam said:

But in terms of Lego, I agree. I live in Hong Kong, and this place is completely saturated with boot-leg Lego.
    Everybody copies everything, each time sailing as close to the wind as they dare, but I fail to see why it's somehow acceptable when companies based in some countries do it but not when they're in China.
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 774
    Never interested in the T-Rex set (as I already have two of those Dino's) I am however missing both the Dilophosaurus Ambush and the Indominous Rex Escape.
    edited December 2015
    FOUND IT!!!  The last set I needed to complete this collection!  Found #75920 !  I work in walmarts on Fridays with my company and decided to take a look at the Lego isle.  1 LEFT!!!!  ITS MINE NOW!!!!  WE HAVE THEM ALL!!!
    BumblepantsJudgeChuck