Please use our links: LEGO.com • Amazon
Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
2. Step up my photography game. (See #1).
@GallardoLU Love your 3rd goal. I have the same goal and it's definitely not just for 2015! :wink:
1. Get Lego work room finished
2. Sort out all loose lego and organize
3. Find remaining missing minifigs from CMF series 1-7
4. Finish Star Wars figure frames
5. Build first MOC and have the guts to post it for all to see/ criticize.
And how did I miss the A-team van! I need to make one immediately!
As well as sorting out my Hogwarts (which is nearly done now) I am going to MOC up a version of my parents front room as a present for them (Including Minifig versions of them) and a Batman Beyond Batcave with Terry McGinnis and 'Old' Bruce figures
I suspect however, any previous thoughts on display cases will be on hold until next year... they are not cheep.
So one month in and new Lego building goals are popping up, how is everyone else fairing? There should some sort of prize for the person who sticks to their originally stated goals the longest :)
2. Purchase a couple sets that I am highly anticipating (Ferris Wheel, Dr. Who)
3. Build collection display shelves in my den
4. Move my minifig collection from a sorted bin to the aforementioned display shelves
No goals, but i expect to continue playing with LDD and MOC throughout the year. I'm satisfied with my pace and attention to those.
2) Sort Lego bricks in said room
3) MOC more
4) Break 200k piece barrier
2) Stop spending all my disposable incoming each month on lego so I can afford a PS4
3) Spend more time at work doing work rather than reading forums and browsing for my next Lego purchases and making lists
4) Sell some of the impulse buys that I don't really need
My goals would be minimilism. We are removing many unneeded things in our lives at home, so why not include LEGO. I've been buying Super Hero and a handful of SW sets over the last few years strictly for the minifigures. Sometimes it is cheaper to just buy the full set. However, I've been evaluating some sets and I realize I don't really care about the majority of it after all and would really only like one or two figures from it. It will end up being cheaper in the long run.
1. Buy/Complete my figure collection of Middle Earth/Super Heroes and key SW figures
2. Organize LEGO collection better. I have stuff pretty well sorted, but I'd like to be even more organized. Furthermore, organize my whole LEGO room better.
3. MOC more. I have a few projects that have been sitting collecting dust for a while now. It's time to actually finish them so I can have something other than official sets to show at our LUG shows.
4. Like others, spend less. Or maybe, just spend less on sets. Buy more on Bricklink. Focused spending people.
5. Not become a reseller, but potentially sell off some older LEGO I don't need/want anymore.
2. Make space for the above (no idea where they are going yet!). (I may have a small LEGO room later this year when my son moves out).
3. Spend less money this year on LEGO (no chance!).
4. Build something amazing with EV3 (xmas present from my wife).
I am fairly well organised and all my models are in storage boxes, the only problem is the pile is getting rather high ! I can't bear to part with anything.
1. 833. Not looking favorable. The summer was absolutely dead for me. BO has been supplementing nicely, and eBay has been surprisingly effective.
2. Dominated. Ferris Wheel in hand and built. Dr. Who Dimensions in hand, and I expect to be at the LEGO store Tuesday for the ideas set
3. Doing OK. I found a building plan that I liked, and have procured the raw materials. Those are sitting in the basement awaiting cutting and assembly.
4. Pending #3.
Done a bit, but could do better. Anyone want some Lone Ranger - I just can't build the enthusiasm to open them?
Done quite well, although still quite a few LOTR left.
One that wasn't listed but im quite pleased about - finally, after about 27 years I've got hold of my own #6990 and then doubled down with a #6991 (although that one's not part of my childhood).
All in all, a very good year.
Overall i think i hit my mark for 2105
I have finished my scaled back Hogwarts and rained in my spending to focus on key themes, even going as far as selling off sets to clear space and help with the focus.
Plenty of smaller MOC's and figer designs throughout the year, but as susspected no display cases yet, although i a meeting a cabinate designed at the weekend for some quotes, so maybe not too far away.
Role on 2016 (already have my first project of the year in mind)
It is so much easier to find things and build when there is space to move around and work in without tripping over containers. Next comes disposing of my spare polybags and minifigs, which could take six months because of the sheer numbers involved. My end goal is to have only one huge LEGO room and empty my other full LEGO storage room that is 13 by 13 sq ft. If there are polybags or minifigs you need, PM me and this will help empty my storage room. I am looking forward to enjoying my LEGO in 2016 now that I can easily find what I want to play with at home.
My other 2016 goal is to be involved in BrickUniverse 2016 in Raleigh the weekend of April first. It was a fun event last March, and has a lot of potential in its second year.
This goal died when LEGO cancelled Chima and didn't release a wolf battle pack so my enthusiasm and interests went elsewhere and I started buying Ninjago instead.
Look up procrastinator in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of me.
3) Complete my CMF sets starting with series 2.
Nope! I did collect all of 13 and 14 this year.
4) Build one or two MOC Dickens-style houses a month so I have a village to put under the Christmas tree.
Fail! For some reason whenever I try to build a MOC house I don't seem to have enough windows, doors and bricks in general. Next year I'll have to buy more Creator and look into modulars but I can't regularly afford them.
See goal number one for explanation why this goal was not achieved. I bought the Temple of Airjitsu so I have a plan for a Ninjago world instead. I'm hoping to get the Destiny's Bounty for Christmas. I plan on buying a lot of Ninjago in 2016.
It probably won't happen before the end of January but I have to organize my Lego room which will greatly help completing my CMF collection and to build the Ninjago set up I have in my head.
I didn't really set the standard that high this year anyways as I had a little one my wife and I were expecting (who is as beautiful as ever as turned 10 months last week!) arrive.
However, for 2016 time should be a bit easier to come by.
I'd really like to continue collecting the last few original classic pirate sets that I do not yet own. That would be near the top of the list - that and making plans for a modular/city/train layout.
Scrolling back, I think I kept true to some of my goals. I wanted to spend less on LEGO (I doubt it), but I also wanted to focus my spending on MOCs and minifigures I wanted as opposed to just buying sets willy-nilly. I think I have done that fairly well. And I will continue to do that next year.
I have organized my LEGO room better, but it is still far off. I started sorting pieces by color/use into clear bags and then into clear sterilite containers. Before I used cardboard boxes. It took a lot longer to find what I needed, that's for sure.
I did start a few MOCs, but key word is start. I tend to move on to a new project before I finish the old one. I have 3 modulars started, an M:Tron spaceship, my mini Hogwarts, and a Darth Maul lightsaber...I should finish those up soon. I did piece together some old M:Tron/Blacktron 2 sets that I wanted as a kid that I missed out on.
I do have some vacation coming up next week, so hopefully I can accomplish something during that time.
Interesting to read other people's goals. It helps me think about what I want to do AND it shows that we all are forever sorting...
Your wish is my command!