Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Toys Я Us Deals

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,423
    DNA said:
    Amazon price matched the TRU price for Benny's spaceship in case it helps anyone
    Exclusively for prime members though, at least that is what it is showing now
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,161
    Would have been a good deal had I known about it in time, although considering the $200 I just spent on the Red Five X-Wing on Saturday I'm not sure I would have pulled the trigger on it.

I need to stop by my local one after work today and see if I can get a C-3PO or not.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Red C-3PO is available for purchase online and pickup at your local TRU.
    TheLoneTensorkiki180703
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    ^If your store already has it, apparently. 
    edited November 2015
    Red C-3PO is available for purchase online and pickup at your local TRU.
    I think you mean the red armed C-3PO. Well I see it is still listed, however when I select the stores near me that have it, according to their system, it comes back saying enter a quantity (which I did) so Im not sure their system is working, for everyone at least
    77ncaachampskiki180703
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    @madforLEGO Yes, not to be confused with the Hoth R3PO (aka red c3po)
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    Shows online in stock at my local store. Not able to add to cart though.
  • LegoPegasister2015LegoPegasister2015 New YorkMember Posts: 139
    The whole "30% off all Ultra Agents" deal is starting now. There's no reason not to pass it up.
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    yay!
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    Most of the discount is just a little more than 20% discount on RRP. They're marking down the inflated TRU prices
    None of the Ultra Agents sets (at least the 3 new ones) are marked up at TRU. This is a true 30% off, not counting tax.
    Mission HQ is $10 above RRP
    Ultra copter is + $10 too
    The only ones anyone cares about at this point are the three new ones. All others were fairly regularly found on clearance or reduced at multiple locations. The three new ones are TRU exclusives and weren't released worldwide. Just the USA. Those are msrp.
    77ncaachamps
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,248
    The Ocean HQ is a brilliant set, get it if you don't have one.
    AanchirReesesPiecesThanos75
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    edited November 2015
    Toys R Us had the 2 new Frozen sets out this morning, but as usually, they wouldn't sell them. #41068 was $59.99 & #41066 sleigh was $29.99 same as Lego S/H.   Sleigh seems a lil expensive for what it  was/looked and only being 174 pcs.
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 806
    Would be cool if they reused the moose from the Sleigh set. 
    Does anyone here have any idea of when The Coast Guard Patrol and that Chima set will start being sold for half off? Why hasn't it happened yet?
  • scubagirlscubagirl Member Posts: 12
    75046-1: Coruscant Police Gunship sale $34.99 TRU
    ryjaykiki180703chuckp77ncaachamps
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    scubagirl said:
    75046-1: Coruscant Police Gunship sale $34.99 TRU
    Saw that today, I think that's a pretty good deal considering what most Star Wars set sell for now.  Didn't buy it, but thought about it.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    I saw it too and thought what the heck is it and why would I want to buy it?
    edited December 2015
    Just got a cancellation notice for two #75046 Coruscant Gunships (was $34.99).

Disappointed.

I saw it too and thought what the heck is it and why would I want to buy it?

It appears in SW Clone Wars and the ship's design is very different from most SW ships.
  • KralaskanKralaskan Member Posts: 208
    edited December 2015
    There is a 15 percent off of one item coupon at tru.com.  Works on Lego   Starts today and goes until after Christmas, mobile phone coupon 
    Kralaskan said:
    There is a 15 percent off of one item coupon at tru.com.  Works on Lego   Starts today and goes until after Christmas, mobile phone coupon 
    Mobile phone coupon? How does on get it, via an app or is there some website to go to to get it?
    i typed in tru website on my phone and it popped right up.  
    madforLEGOkiki180703
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 420
    There are usually 20% off coupons available for use in store.    I used the attached on Saturday with no problem.
    Thanos75madforLEGOkiki180703RonyarBrickDancerchuckp
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for explaining but I do not see it on my phone so I'm guessing it is something account holder specific, or if you have a TRU credit card?
    Nope.   No cc.  Typed in tru on phone and it showed up as mobil coupon.  Use the code I posted.   I'm sure it's al the same 
  • JedijonJedijon Member Posts: 19
    Says "this code has already been redeemed".
  • hkcrazy88hkcrazy88 USA/ItalyMember Posts: 163
    I couldn't find it either. I even looked on their "coupons" link, and it didn't give me anything.
    Mm mm weird.  It popped up on my phone as soon as I brought up the website 
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Can't believe hell has frozen over... I got a true deal at TRU!

Thanks to @Shpadoinkle, I used the 20% off coupon to get #76037 Rhino & Sandman vs. Spider-man to go from $42.99 (7.5% markup) down to $34.39 (14% off RRP). Then they stacked the free mini-Hulk poly promo to it too. So that was a great deal! Plus they let me buy a couple extra Hulks at $4.99 each.
    kiki180703
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    TRU just cancelled my order for #75046.  I paid with a gift card and discarded it after I got the order confirmation. I'm on hold to talk to someone. What are the odds they'll help me?
    Glad to hear it @BrickDancer.  Generally they have the coupon every so often.  I keep a .jpg of it saved on my phone because I don't live near a TRU and never know when I'll be near one.

The 20% coupon also stacks with the 10% TRU CC on Thursday.  Works out to around 27%, and if you can find something that hasn't been marked up it really helps!

@lordzarak, you may be wasting your time trying to call their customer service.  I've had WAY better luck using their online chat function.  Quicker, too.
    Can't believe hell has frozen over... I got a true deal at TRU!

Thanks to @Shpadoinkle, I used the 20% off coupon to get #76037 Rhino & Sandman vs. Spider-man to go from $42.99 (7.5% markup) down to $34.39 (14% off RRP). Then they stacked the free mini-Hulk poly promo to it too. So that was a great deal! Plus they let me buy a couple extra Hulks at $4.99 each.
    Great deal? That set's so fragile, ugly, and poorly designed that I wouldn't even take it if it was given away.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @LegoPegasister2015 Great deal as a % off RRP, not that the set itself is any good which I agree with you it definitely isn't. It's a glorified parts pack en route to having the minifigs scavenged. That's why I hadn't gotten around to buying it until now, since it's rarely on discount either as far as I've seen.

But at least I'm complete again on Superhero figs, that is until the new wave hits the shelves soon.
    madforLEGOkiki180703
    @Thanos75 you literally took the words out of my mouth.
    Thanos75kiki180703krklintSumoLego
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    What's the consensus on the 20% coupon posted by @Shpadoinkle ? Should it work if I save that image? I can't find any coupons on the TRU website, I just don't want to look silly at the checkout. 
    kiki180703goshe7
    edited December 2015
    FWIW in the past I've used the coupon off my phone several times in the same day at multiple stores.
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Coupon works, I printed it and brought it in
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 516
    What's the consensus on the 20% coupon posted by @Shpadoinkle ? Should it work if I save that image? I can't find any coupons on the TRU website, I just don't want to look silly at the checkout. 
    YMMV.  Some stores won't accept them at all.  Some have no problem.  Some have cashiers that struggle to apply the coupon after it scans.  

The coupon itself is of questionable validity/authenticity.   And that is being nice.  If anyone can show me that coupon as part of a genuine, larger communication (email, webpage, etc), please do.

It works best with nobody (cashier, customer, manager, other shoppers) asking questions.
  • exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 226
    edited December 2015
    goshe7 said:
    YMMV.  Some stores won't accept them at all.  Some have no problem.  Some have cashiers that struggle to apply the coupon after it scans.  

The coupon itself is of questionable validity/authenticity.   And that is being nice.  If anyone can show me that coupon as part of a genuine, larger communication (email, webpage, etc), please do.

It works best with nobody (cashier, customer, manager, other shoppers) asking questions.
    Physical coupons only, one per transaction, and they must be discarded after use.  This is Toys R Us company policy.  All other uses are YMMV.  It does vary by store, cashier, manager, etc., so you don't know if you don't try.  It's not a fun time of year to experiment at the TRU checkout.
    I assure you there was no nefarious intent.  I imagine that if the coupon was not valid or authentic an employee would have said something, or it just would not have scanned at all.  I suppose the safest course of action in the future is to not bother sharing such things with fellow bricksetters.  

If a mod would care to delete that post, please feel free with my blessing.

I was able to use a coupon off of my phone for seven different transactions at two different stores back on November 7th, and then again on Saturday at a third location.  No one at any of these locations gave me a second glance or seemed to think it was unusual to scan a coupon from my phone.

Yes, YMMV but that was my experience, FWIW.
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    It scanned no problem at my toys r us
  • Angel_CAngel_C Member Posts: 17
    Hi, @Shpadoinkle, may I know if it's for one item? Or it can be used for the full transaction's items? Does the item have to be full-priced? Please advise when you have a chance. Thanks a lot.
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 516
    I simply believe people should know what they are dealing with and act accordingly.  

If if I clip a coupon from my Sunday paper and use it as intended on a purchase, I will strongly protest any resistance from the store in honoring it.  The TRU coupon is definitely not that, so it should simply be taken as a nice bonus if it works (rather than a genuine article the store must honor).

I can confirm it works.  And I can confirm it will be rejected.  The key is that I recognize it for what it is and accept the store's right to reject it.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Just a reminder that most larger Technic sets (if you're into that) are priced at MSRP in the store, and are not exempt from most deals and coupons, including stacking.  Surprisingly, I've found that the best deals on the flagships the last couple years have been at TRU.
    I assure you there was no nefarious intent.  I imagine that if the coupon was not valid or authentic an employee would have said something, or it just would not have scanned at all.  I suppose the safest course of action in the future is to not bother sharing such things with fellow bricksetters.  

If a mod would care to delete that post, please feel free with my blessing.

I was able to use a coupon off of my phone for seven different transactions at two different stores back on November 7th, and then again on Saturday at a third location.  No one at any of these locations gave me a second glance or seemed to think it was unusual to scan a coupon from my phone.

Yes, YMMV but that was my experience, FWIW.
    For what it is worth, I never believed there was any bad intent. Thank you for the attempt to share, but sometimes I think TRU just send out coupons to certain folks, and that those coupons are typically meant as a one time use and not to be shared. Some stores will override, some will know that someone is trying to use a shared coupon and stop you in your tracks again like most stuff at TRU it is YMMV.
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 590
    edited December 2015
    Different managers see coupons in different ways. Some see them as ways to get more people in buying stuff and a way to increase their total sales (because companies for some reason are more worried about total sales than total profit, which is stupid). 

Some managers see coupons as a way for the customer to "steal" from their store and will enforce strict guidelines in accordance with their philosophy.

The store where I work (not a TRU) takes the former approach. Our thoughts are that customers generally buy much more when they have a coupon in hand. We of course have a few people that abuse the coupon system, but they are minimal and do not really affect the bottom line.

I don't see anything wrong with posting that coupon code above. If a store lets you use it, they just made a sale that they may not have made ("oh, I can't use that coupon? Then I don't want this $100 item, I will just take this pack of gum please"). If they don't let you use it, their loss.

BTW I know this goes counter to what I said about coupons at Target a while back, but my thoughts at that time were that Target was critically bleeding at the time and I was thinking that they shouldn't be taken advantage of. Turns out that my thinking was sound, Target has pretty much raised their prices on everything in the store and I hardly shop there now. Too bad.
    kiki180703