Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

75827 - Ghostbusters HQ (Coming In January 2016?)

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,060
    ^ Go big or don't bother.
  • papluhpapluh Member Posts: 52
    The local small ad sites had ones for about 70-80% of list price. I guess the ebay resellers are like 2nd or 3rd in line trying to make profit on that. And know that there are no other items internationally. 
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 626
    Still waiting on the designer video... And that goes for the Brick Bank as well.
    TheLoneTensorDedgeckoAdeelZubair
  • Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 142
    Still nothing :( Damn.
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    I don't play Dimensions but I'm buying the 71233 Fun Pack just for Stay Puft man to fit into the  GB HQ 
  • tecjamtecjam Germany / SwitzerlandMember Posts: 255
    Looks like he has put his dummy back into his mouth =)

kiki1807031265
    Wow, that is a mammoth set.

As an aside, and I really don't want to restart this discussion, but I find it odd that he's posting a build/review video in advance of everyone else.  I guess some of his frustration in giving Lego free promotional time wore off a bit to increase some viewership traffic for his site.

Nonetheless, I am looking forward to adding this to my modular city!
    MattsWhatVorpalRyu
  • Jern92Jern92 New ZealandMember Posts: 884
    That set looks a lot bigger than I expected it to be. Looks like I'll have to save up and get it after all
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    SumoLego said:

As an aside, and I really don't want to restart this discussion, but I find it odd that he's posting a build/review video in advance of everyone else.
    TLG aren't stupid. Give somebody a set a month in advance of everybody else and what do you think is going to happen? Most people couldn't sit on it for that long, so he either does was he has or looks silly making a review with a rant.

Hook, line and sinker!
    SumoLegopharmjodkiki180703
    TigerMoth said:
    SumoLego said:

As an aside, and I really don't want to restart this discussion, but I find it odd that he's posting a build/review video in advance of everyone else.
    TLG aren't stupid. Give somebody a set a month in advance of everybody else and what do you think is going to happen? Most people couldn't sit on it for that long, so he either does was he has or looks silly making a review with a rant.

Hook, line and sinker!
    I suppose this is why TLG opted against the Non-Disclosure Agreement?  I guess my faith in the predictability of humanity is restored.
    VorpalRyu
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    Reading this thread I never realised there were so many fans of the franchise. Especially to put down £275 for a bland red building.

You don't have to be a fan of the franchise. You just have to have bought the Ecto-1 because it was a novelty and you're already being lured to whatever comes along that's bigger and better. As I said, TLG aren't stupid.
    VorpalRyu
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,101
    edited December 2015
    Reading this thread I never realised there were so many fans of the franchise. Especially to put down £275 for a bland red building.

I vaguely remember the plot and story line of the Ghostbusters movie.  Haven't seen it since it was originally released in the theater.  However, something in my DNA makes me excited for and wanting not only the Ecto-1 when it was released but the headquarters as well.

Nostalgia at its best!

• dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 642
    this will help me cut down on baseplates I need for my city since the back of my tables is all half baseplates
  • husky96husky96 Member Posts: 46
    Will this be available before Jan 1st for VIP's?
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Lego Watford staff said no early release unfortunately. 
  • Jern92Jern92 New ZealandMember Posts: 884

Some of us are suckers for bland red buildings :-P
    kiki180703MynattSumoLegoAdeelZubairdougtsbrickupdate
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    edited December 2015
    I've bought both the Ghostbusters films on dvd to rewatch because although I've seen them as a kid I can't remember them at all. But I will definitely be getting this set.  Looks great to me. 
    edited December 2015
    TigerMoth said:
    You don't have to be a fan of the franchise. You just have to have bought the Ecto-1 because it was a novelty and you're already being lured to whatever comes along that's bigger and better. As I said, TLG aren't stupid.
    Not to mention that ghost busters will also be appearing in Lego dimensions. Lego was smart by placing the non slimed Bill Murray with the printed arm in the dimensions set so that you would have to toss another $25 at this theme. Also you have the exclusive slimmer face and the stay puft marshmallow man. 

I dont like how much all of this is going to end up costing but at the same time I really do love this theme.
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    yeah l'm going to have to buy the marshmallow man even though l don't own the video game
    VorpalRyupharmjodkiki180703AdeelZubair
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    Well, I'm looking forward to finding out what this set will be. Stay Puft Marshmallow man?

http://brickset.com/sets/75828-1/{-}

• joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Female version of the ecto1?
    SuperTrampkiki180703
  • mldj77mldj77 Philadelphia, PAMember Posts: 63
    I asked my employer this morning would they let me have my Ghostbusters HQ sent to the job, versus being left on my doorstep. They laughed at the thought of a grown man buying this "toy", but I did get a yes. Can't wait until January 1st!
    catwrangler
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,147
    Does anyone else just want to move straight to Jan. 1?  I have this and the Brick Bank to buy.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,525
    Does anyone else just want to move straight to Jan. 1?  I have this and the Brick Bank to buy.
    I want it to jump to March or April, whenever VIP doublepoints will be in effect.
    oldtodd33kiki180703dougtsherbyderbyJELJ1Ssnowhitiegmonkey76
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 642
    anyone plan to modified this. plan to move it over 4 studs and remove the hinges.
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 677
    Well, I'm looking forward to finding out what this set will be. Stay Puft Marshmallow man?

http://brickset.com/sets/75828-1/{-}

I know this is unlikely as it doesn't fit the perceived numbering scheme, but a UCS Ecto-1 would go straight to the top of my want list.
    Bobflip said:

a UCS Ecto-1 would go straight to the top of my want list.
    There are other "ultimate" sets, but UCS is only Star Wars.
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 976
    TigerMoth said:
    Bobflip said:

Not necessarily. In 2006 there was the "Ultimate Collectors Edition" Batmobile. Star Wars fans like to pretend that the "UCS" label has always followed a strict set of rules, but the truth is that there's been an awful lot of variety even just within that category.

That said, I don't see a UCS Ecto-1 happening within this year—they're already releasing one huge D2C Ghostbusters set, and I don't see them following up with another quite so soon.
    dougtskiki180703
    Lyichir said:
    TigerMoth said:
    Bobflip said:

Not necessarily. In 2006 there was the "Ultimate Collectors Edition" Batmobile. Star Wars fans like to pretend that the "UCS" label has always followed a strict set of rules, but the truth is that there's been an awful lot of variety even just within that category.
    Since when has "Ultimate Collectors EDITION" been abbreviated to UCS?

Why am I saying this simultaneously in two different threads?

FWIW, I'm not a "Star Wars fan", but the only UCS sets are Star Wars. And here on Brickset, it's categorised as a subtheme of Star Wars.
    xwingpilotGoldfreekkiki180703gmonkey76
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    TigerMoth said:

Because you REALLY like being wrong? ;-)
    MattsWhattecjamVorpalRyubrickedinkiki180703SumoLego
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    ^You've lit the touch paper now! 
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    Ha!
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 677
    UCS Can of Worms.

Oh wait... wrong thread.

For the pedantic: the three letters they hypothetically put in front of the name don't matter one tiny, miniscule, eensy-weensy, nanoscopic bit to me. If LEGO made an ECTO-1 in the scale of the #10220 VW Campervan or #10242 Mini, I would buy the metaphorical hell out of that thing.
    TigerMoth said:

And you just like saying stupid things for cheap laughs.

If nobody ever questioned anything, then we'd all continue to believe all sorts of rubbish and living in ignorance. That probably suits you.

The only sets labelled "Ultimate Collector Series" or "Ultimate Collector's Series" are Star Wars sets - and probably don't include most of the sets that most people would expect.
    kiki180703
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,980
    TigerMoth said:
    TigerMoth said:

And you just like saying stupid things for cheap laughs.

If nobody ever questioned anything, then we'd all continue to believe all sorts of rubbish and living in ignorance. That probably suits you.

The only sets labelled "Ultimate Collector Series" or "Ultimate Collector's Series" are Star Wars sets - and probably don't include most of the sets that most people would expect.
    So far, but that doesn't mean it's always going to stay that way. LEGO could release an Ultimate Collector Series set from any theme they like in the future. It's not like it's a trademark of Lucasfilm.

The real sticking point is that "series" indicates "more than one". The Ultimate Collector's Edition Batmobile is absolutely an "Ultimate Collector" set. I have no doubt in my mind it would have been branded as "Ultimate Collector's Series" if it had been launched alongside another UCS vehicle (like how the UCS X-Wing and TIE Interceptor were released together) rather than on its own. But as it is, there was no way to really consider it part of a series until the Tumbler set came out.

Really, though, LEGO has been inconsistent about which sets they consider UCS (one official LEGO poster identified ALL big Star Wars exclusives as UCS), and they're probably not nearly as pedantic about the term as many AFOLs are. If an AFOL refers to a real or hypothetical non-Star Wars set as UCS, chances are you know perfectly well what they mean, so there's no need to belabor the issue.
    Aanchir said:

So far, but that doesn't mean it's always going to stay that way. LEGO could release an Ultimate Collector Series set from any theme they like in the future. It's not like it's a trademark of Lucasfilm.
    Sure. However, the new "gold seal" might suggest otherwise.
    Aanchir said:

The real sticking point is that "series" indicates "more than one".
    The real sticking point is in precisely how something is labelled and what that means. If some things are labelled "Ultimate Collector Series" or "Ultimate Collector's Series", are they part of the same series? Possibly not, because they mean slightly different things. And then you get something which is just labelled "Ultimate Collector's something" - is that part of either? Maybe.

What does it all mean? Basically, anything you like.
    Aanchir said:

If an AFOL refers to a real or hypothetical non-Star Wars set as UCS, chances are you know perfectly well what they mean, so there's no need to belabor the issue.
    The point is that we don't. Everybody knows what it means to them, but they don't know what it means to somebody else because it depends on their knowledge of other sets. There are one or two very basic UCS sets - they are UCS because it says so on the box, but that's not how many people see the term.

As you pointed out TLG hasn't been inconsistent. We can either exacerbate that by being even more lax than they have been, or recognise that it's an issue and try to put the brakes on it.

It's the same story with the Market Street - it's modular but is it one of The Modulars? It's a question of labelling and what it means - a meaning that can depend on your knowledge of how the situation came about.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    I blame the Chinese
    eggshenkiki180703mr.piggles
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,364
    So who is the Ultimate Collector that Lego refer to in Ultimate Collector's Series? They made the decision to put the apostrophe there and not call it Ultimate Collectors' Series.
    SumoLegoBriking
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Oh well another thread that has gone off topic 
    JELJ1S
    edited December 2015
    The tag on the rumored 2016 UCS Snowspeeder (#75144) says Ultimate Collectors Series. I guess since it is not an Ultimate Collector Series, I won't have to worry about adding it to my collection to fulfill my inner OCD completist. 
    JELJ1S
  • RobertoRoberto Imola, ItalyMember Posts: 117
    These are the pedantry typical discussions about fictitious problems which occur in life when someone is habituated to understand tags more than people.
    Mynattpharmjodkiki180703TechnicNickmampepinJELJ1Scatwranglerdougts
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    Yes, the word pedantic immediately came to my mind. Also the fault of the Chinese (and evil resellers).
    CCC said:
    So who is the Ultimate Collector that Lego refer to in Ultimate Collector's Series? They made the decision to put the apostrophe there and not call it Ultimate Collectors' Series.
    I'm renaming my son 'Ultimate Danger Collector', so he will be the Ultimate Collector referred to in these sets.

Or, it could be @ToddMyers, but he's selling everything.
    kiki180703ToddMyers
  • RobertoRoberto Imola, ItalyMember Posts: 117
    SumoLego said:
    CCC said:
    I'm renaming my son 'Ultimate Danger Collector', so he will be the Ultimate Collector referred to in these sets.

Or, it could be @ToddMyers, but he's selling everything.
    Well, little SumoLego of tomorrow grow up.

kiki180703SumoLego
    Since there is still no designer video, this will have to do for now.

Youtube channel, Brick Builder, has got his hands on a GhostBusters HQ and did a "Speed Build" of it. Skipping to 31:50 is about where the overview of the set begins. If you wanted thirty three mins of viewing pleasure of the GB HQ going up, look no further because here it is:

• BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 763
    Wow! I didn't realise the inordinate number of stickers I am able to get these days for £275!
    ^ If you want an inordinate amount of stickers, the Kwik-E Mart probably has a higher density of stickers.
    VorpalRyukiki180703
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,742
    Briking said:
    Wow! I didn't realise the inordinate number of stickers I am able to get these days for £275!
    It's such a long build that it doesn't *feel* like there are an inordinate number of stickers, to be honest - their use is spread out over the course of the build. I hate stickers, but I've not found them to be overly onerous so far.
    kiki180703JELJ1S
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 763
    ^^ That's put a dampner on Xmas.
    ^ I hope you are right; I'll find out early January.