Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Just found the opened Medieval Market Village I bought years ago and never built. Value?

dont have the box anymore but all of the polys are still sealed.

really have no use for it.

Comments

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,243
    SMC said:

Seriously its a great set and you should consider building it. 

^ This.

;-)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,328

SMC said:

You shouldn't be on a Lego fan site if you have no use for a Medieval Market :)

Seriously its a great set and you should consider building it. 

This. But if you 'must' sell, my guess is it would be less than the 149.99 (oooh, now 159.99) USD the sealed version typically goes for now (at least as it sits in the US)  and you also have to be able to have full confidence in that it really is complete and missing nothing -including any bags.

Though the answer I like to provide to anyone asking about a price on something is anyone can really see what a set typically goes for by checking the last 5-6 sets sold on eBay (you can search for sold items under the search for the set number) and guess from that. It appears that used sets can go from 80-110, as yours is 'new' but outside of box I'm guessing more around 110-120 USD, but that is just a guess, and not factually what it could go for.

• Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 142

One of the greatest sets ever produced with practically no price increase on the secondary market.

I am glad I own a copy and would never get rid of it. If you desperately don't need the money, keep it.

BumblepantsTheBigLegoski
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 280
    I'll give you $10 for it.
  • BoomDiggityBoomDiggity Member Posts: 107
    Well I'll give you $50.  Five times what he ^^^^ is asking.
  • super_curry_maxsuper_curry_max Member Posts: 73
    I was gonna sell it for funds to purchase more legos. :)

I bought it when I had an idea to make a big medieval display in my house but never got around to it. Im more in for minifigures now and not so much large sets.
  • BrickPaulieBrickPaulie USAMember Posts: 15
    Interesting. As such a classic and highly thought of model, I'm surprised it's value is essentially nothing more than the msrp. An increase in value is almost standard couse for ALL large sets after retirement, never mind for an Exclusive...
  • urieluriel CroatiaMember Posts: 186
    I'm happy its price didnt rise. I really want one :) Btw if anyone is selling one I'd be happy to buy :) (i dont need a sealed one, I plan on building it :) )
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,328
    Interesting. As such a classic and highly thought of model, I'm surprised it's value is essentially nothing more than the msrp. An increase in value is almost standard couse for ALL large sets after retirement, never mind for an Exclusive...
    Well it is a nice set, but really nothing has been as popular for Castle/Kingdoms after it. The only reason why #7189 rises in cost is it was not out long (compared to the MVV) and it has goats which are only in that set, whereas the cows in the MMV are in a few sets and readily available via part sellers. And even then I think that only recently (about the last year) has the #7189 risen. Look at the Joust set, not doing much but rising slowly. MMV is one of those rare sets that people can get New in sealed box for around 150 USD (only 50 over RRP). Gee, I guess resellers having all of those copies are good for something after all.

I think if LEGO invests in doing a really good castle theme the MMV will rise more, but right now I think is a good time to buy most Castle sets.

Yodalicious
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 799
    I paid roughly USD180 for it MISB last month. But this was in Taiwan so the secondary market prices are probably slightly different because there are fewer sets available. 

Wouldn't mind getting an extra one to expand my village :-)
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    I think it is worth about 27 mint condition sausages.
    kiki180703
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    edited November 2015
    I just sold a 100% complete used one with instructions and no box for $120, if that gives you any help.

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,846
    DoubleD said:
    I think it is worth about 27 mint condition sausages.
    Blasphemy!  Sausages are priceless!
    kiki180703